Re-redemption of Althalus

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Draugvan

Original poster
Overhead
Looking for someone familiar with the novel "Redemption of Althalus" to help craft and write a modern-day extension to the story. I am getting a hankering for this story, though truth be told I'll have to catch up on a few of the details. Applicant should be a fan of the novel and confident in their understanding of characters and motivations, since they will be co-creator to the storyline and a prime resource to compliment my understanding of the lore.

Premise
Following the events of the novel, Althalus lives a comparatively unremarkable life dealing with much of the common day problems that a man in his time would normally face. One day one of the supporting characters (yet to be determined) is struck down during a night of drinking by a rudimentary firearm. They could not be saved. Investigation shows the chemical activity of black powder and sophisticated batch synthesis. As with all things, when Althalus is posed with the inconceivable, Em puts him to sleep to digest the information. He sleeps for several thousands of years as Em must add to his load of knowledge against the rise of industrial technology. Eventually he awakens in the modern day - the early 21st century - which is where our story begins.

Working on the same train of thought as in his own time Althalus seeks a firearms manufacturer to avenge the death of his friend. He investigates back-alley suppliers of the next gun he comes across, following an assumed lead. And with the power of Dweia behind him creates havoc among the criminal underworld.

Expectations
Writing style - Advanced, flexibly passive and aggressive.
Post Length - 1-4 short paragraphs, for sure no novels.
Post frequency - No less frequent than once per week, no more frequent than once per day.
Content - Third-person writing style. Not averse to sex, though story comes first. Level of detail to be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
Story Length - Short, with a defined endpoint or goal in mind.
Typos - Lenient. We all make mistakes. I personally make a half-dozen edits after each post to tweak things.
Font - Arial, justified, default colour - for the love of god.

Personal preference - Please only 18+ members apply.

Want an easy litmus test? I'm probably interested in writing with you if you pronounce acronyms in full. RP->roleplay, BTW->by the way, ETC->et cetera.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still looking for someone to take me up on this plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.