Rapture: The House of Monsters

• Thread starter ThatBioshockInfiniteChick
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
V nods and blur dashes the rosie as he turns to fire upon Betty. He knocks it back against the wall and shoots it with electricity.

Betty grabbed her pistol and kept firing until the clip was gone. Rosie kept firing and she ran up to V and punched him with the Rivit gun.

V hunched over, but grabbed the gun, yanking it away from the big daddy. He throws it off to the side and headbutts the big daddy. Leaping away he switches to his shotgun, firing upon the Rosie as he circles it.

The Rosie died with a squeal like noise, the girl ran up to him and started crying.
"Nice shooting" Betty said as her flaming arms died down.

Thank you. He steps over and stands in front of the nearest vent.

The girl continues to cry in front of her dead body

The sister stopped crying and held her arms out to V "daddy!" she said. The girl looked younger than the other children. It was probably her first gathering

V walks over and picks her up, he cures her and then sets her back down. Okay, we got that done with, lets keep going.

The girl said "thank you" and looked around "where's my dolly?" she asked. Betty noticed it next to her on the ground. She kneeled down and grabbed it, handing it to the girl, "here you go" she said. The girl grabbed it and hugged it then grabbed the young woman's hand. "This way" she said and skipped down the hall. Betty looked at V "go find Grace...I got this" she said and walked with the girl.

V nodded and turned back down their original path and lumbered off on his own. He spied a gatherer's garden and went over. Using the ADAM he got in the park he got an Electric Flesh plasmid. He injected and then continued on his path.

Suddenly there was a scream, it was a female splicer who was getting gutted by her friend.

V stops. He looks around and crouches. Quickly reading the area he finds the two splicers fighting over a little sister, who's cowering in a corner. The smaller female splicer is standing there, the victor. He tilts his head, lifts his rivet gun and fires a single shot into her head. She drops like a rock and he stands up walking over. The little sister runs over to him "Daddy!" He reaches out and picks her curing her before anymore splicers come. When he sets her down she holds up a finger, "Wait her Mr. Bubbles" she runs off and climbs into the vent.

A few seconds after this, a different cured little sister approaches Betty, she has a recording and a gene tonic in her hands. "You're helping Daddy V. I need to give these to you." The tonic reads, "Sensory Suit, enables Protectors to feel through their suit. This tonic makes it possible for the suits to send signals to the brain, restoring the sense of touch. Finally giving texture to the world of the Protectors." At the same time, the other little sister returns to V with a recording and a Tonic. This tonic reads "Dragon's Breath, breathe fire like the legendary creature from long ago." The recording is the same for them both:

A man's voice, not one that is well known like Ryan or Fontaine, speaks over the background sound of things clacking and bubbling:
"Well, it won't be long now... If you are getting this recording, it means I have been discovered, and am either dead, or lumbering around as one of those poor Big Daddy creations."
"My name is Vi~" there's a pop and then some sounds as the man does something with glass on metal, "I worked with Suchong for a few years, creating Plasmids and Tonics, I left his services and went off on my own to do research."
"I've designed my own line, these don't have as many side effects, and weaken the mental conditioning and repair the mental damage caused by Suchong and Tennenbam." Some chatter with someone else, indistinct, "This message is to be sent out to anybody who can help further our cause. There are two tonics, dependent on who these recordings go to."
The little sisters now hold out a glowing green vial with a needle and a plunger, proper medical equipment. "I've also included the only self-replicating EVE vials I could create, they remove the hindrance placed on plasmid use by generating EVE in the blood stream as the host requires."
The man breathes deep, "I'm not sure what became of me, or how long I've lived past the creation of these messages. I'd ask for you to find out, but this only works one way." He mutters to himself about wishful thinking and the recording clicks off.

V tilts his head, this seems very familiar to him. He takes the tonic and EVE sample, thanking the girl. He stores the tonic to give to someone who can actually use it, he doesn't desire to set fire to the chemicals in his helmet. The little girl skip off and climbs into the vent.

Betty followed the child into a room with tools. Betty gasped as she looked everywhere. There was every type of tool she needed for repairing big daddies. "This is probably an emergency matinence room" she said then looked down at the girl and kneeled down. "Thank you" she said smiling then hugged her. The sister hugged back and went into the vent.
"Time to get to work" she said pulling tools off the wall. "Now all I need is a rumbler and I'm in business" she said then suddenly heard someone walk in. Betty walked over and saw a splicer looking around. She gasped and ducked under a couple of crates. The splicer looked around then dissapeared into thin air. Betty gasped again, shocked and terrified. She stood up and tried sneaking out of the room but the splicer appeared behind her and grabbed her by the arms.
Betty screamed and tried getting away. She finally set her arms on fire but it had no effect to them.
She pulled and kicked but he was too strong.
Another splicer came in, "well well well what do we have here? A pretty lady...let's have some fun."
Memories of her rape came back to her and she started struggling helplessly.
The splicer held a gun up to her and she kicked it away. It slid across the hall and the distorted man slapped Betty across the face. "You idiot, your going to have to pay for that..." he then grabbed her face. "Haven't seen a gorgeous girl in years..." he whispered. Betty yanked her head away and bit his thumb. He screamed and she wiggled free.

Grabbing the knife she held in a buckle around her ankle she stabbed the first man then grabbed the gun away from him and shot him as well as his partner.
She just stood covering her face with both of her hands...holding the gun, trying not to cry and have a complete breakdown.
She finally took them off and took a deep breath "V...I need to get back to V..." she shruddered then left.

Last edited by a moderator:
V keeps walking, he looks around and rips every camera he comes across from the wall.

Betty walked to where V was and saw a Rumbler, "The sister showed me tools, I can attach this to you...why don't you keep watch?" she asked.

Betty turns away and started working. Suddenly Graces voice came on over the intercom.

"Betty, I feel bad for you...because your father died and you couldn't do anything to stop the murder your helping this monster...

Betty looked up annoyed "Grace, he's not a monster!"

Grace sighed "that's what you think child...thats what you think..."

The intercom went off Betty turned to V "your not a monster...you just got delt the wrong hand" she attached the bomb launcher to V "there you go" she smiled at him

V nodded, I do not mind the name, just the fact that it is physically true. Thanks for the installation, I couldn't do it on my own. He reaches into his suit's pocket and pulls out the tonic, Here, I got this recently and I can't use it. He holds it out to her.

"It's not true, not even physically...your amazing" she then took the tonic "what is it?" she asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.