RANT Your Brains Out #98274

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERYTHING IS A LIE.

WE HAVE NO POWER OF CHOICE IN THIS WORLD.

WE ARE ALL BRAINWASHED COGS IN AN UNCARING MACHINE.

I just wanted to order some fucking pizza, man. Just something resembling an actual meal. I haven't eaten since noon and I'm fucking hungry. I have money. Money that can be exchanged for food. I just want to buy food. Why's that have to be so fucking hard.

Seriously, the number of hoops I have jumped through tonight just to get this...

I don't understand why people dance around with the truth. You ask a question and instead of telling a yes or no answer, they zumba around it or if they have an issue they don't have the guts to directly say so. Seriously, what the hell are you afraid of?

I really need to pony up and get my driver's license because public transportation in my city is horrible and unreliable. But I'm terrified of driving. Just terrified. I wasn't bad at it when I was driving and I was almost to the point that I could have taken my test, but then my last driving instructor was the absolute worst and destroyed my confidence because I made one mistake. I didn't hurt anybody or run into anything, but yes, I accidentally ran a stop sign that was obscured and no one else was there. And now I'm too ashamed or scared to get behind the wheel again.

All I need a car for is to get to and from work and the store, but I need to do so much driving just to get enough experience again for my license. Plus, gas is expensive.

My parents have offered to help on all fronts, but...

zzz

I was trying really hard to ace that math test. I was trying to remember everything. The fact that you had to go over everything at the beginning of the test made me more nervous. I couldn't even think during the test. I felt so discouraged when I couldn't do some of the problems but I did them great when I wasn't taking the test. Fuck common core, fuck algebra, fuck math.

Tfw you're worried about friends but not sure what you can do or say. ;;

Hot flashes and feeling vomitty while having to strip because I am too hot right now. I hate my life sometimes.

So, I'm the daughter and I have a brother three years younger than me. My dad is supposed to be the parent. My brother said some mean things to a chubby girl at his school today and he thought it was funny. My dad didn't say anything but I was thinking to myself something along the lines of, "Why do you think it's okay to call her fat? Why is it funny?"

And my dad's just sitting there not doing anything and I really have to bite my tongue because I'm not mommy. If my brother keeps bullying other kids and laughing about it, and talking to me and my dad about it at dinner, he's gonna be a meanie head when he grows up and no one's gonna like him. *sigh* Why can't my dad just do his job... >>

Wake me up when September ends.

Like seriously @_@

I cannot deal with this person anymore.
Why do you have to try to express your superiority at every occasion, even the dumbest ones?
Why do you try to make it sound like everything I do is bad, and phrase each of your sentences in a way that ensures that it means something negative about me? Even those that would usually be meant as compliments?
And most of all, when it is obvious that you do not like me (or if not, then I have to wonder how this permanent passive agressive comparison translates to any form of affection), WHY CAN'T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE? Stop hugging me and touching my hair and calling me "adorably weird" in the most cringy and condescendent tone I've ever heard, then look shocked that I don't reciprocate.
Seriously. It's not because we're in the same class that you have to pretend to like me.

Also. I can speak English. If I couldn't I wouldn't be studying here. Stop calling bs on every slightly complex vocabulary word I use when you're wrong 90% of the time. Being a native speaker doesn't give you more authority than a dictionary.
ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR FRENCH IS THAT AWFUL STOP SAYING YOU'RE FLUENT YOU CAN'T USE VERBS PROPERLY

Last edited:
I've been thinking a lot about things lately. And it led to me doing some soul-searching, and really trying to change the way I live my life in order to better myself. To stop feeling so much self-pity, and to place responsibility on myself for whether or not I succeed in life.

It resulted in me pushing myself probably harder than I can ever remember doing -- even skipping meals so that I had more time for things, pushing myself to keep working even when I was exhausted, and a few other things I don't want to talk about... But I kept telling myself it was worth it, because then I wouldn't feel like I was settling for a half-assed job. I would be able to turn in something that I was proud of, without blaming my failures on other things or acting like I have any excuse for not being able to work as efficiently as others. When I finished the video shoot, I felt good. I was really proud of getting that done.

Then I realized that one small mistake had thrown all my effort out the window. It looked just as lazy as if I hadn't bothered at all. And there would be no way to fix it. I would have to settle. My best effort wasn't good enough, and it showed. And there's no excuse for it. I can't blame it on my ADHD. I can't blame it on the shitty weather. I can't blame it on the fact that I'm so busy with work for other classes and so there's no time to do a reshoot. I can't blame it on the fact that I'm fucking exhausted and really need a break this long weekend. I can't blame it on the fact that my "actors" also have lives and aren't always available and I feel bad about barking at them to help me out so many times anyway. If I'm going to be able to function at all in the "real world", I can't give any excuses like that. I have to find a way. Even if it means not eating, or sleeping, or putting off work for a bunch of other things even though, later, I'm going to have to find some way to do the exact same thing with those -- because there's no excuse for not being able to handle that, either. I'm expected to be able to fix my mistakes.

And I tried. I thought I could. I felt good about tossing away my sense of self-pity and just placing all responsibility for my work on me alone with this "no excuses" attitude, even though a part of me kind of knew that I would be pushing my mind and body to the limit and probably die of a heart attack before I live to be 50 at the rate I'm pushing myself. But then it wasn't even good enough. Even when I knew I was pushing myself too hard, I didn't even have anything to show for it. Self-pitying "I have ADHD and therefore I can only work when my meds are working" Kaga can't function. And now it turns out that the "There are no excuses for any of my failures and I need to power through and find a way to make shit work no matter how hard it is" Kaga can't function either. I'm a lost fucking cause.

And not only that, but seeing all of "new and improved" Kaga's effort be wasted caused me so much stress that I was dizzy and hyperventilating and of course a sobbing fucking mess. I don't think I've ever felt so awful from stress. And worse yet, I still felt the need to push myself and get shit done, still trying to whittle away at an assignment even though I could barely breathe... because surely my emotional problems are no excuse, and for a functioning adult to let something like this stop them would be fucking inexcusable, right?

I just don't know what to do now. The obvious thing seems like it should be to just rest and de-stress for a while. But that feels like it's just weak Kaga talking. The Kaga who doesn't know how the real world works. The Kaga who won't be able to function in the real world. The Kaga who wallows in self-pity and blames everything on their own dysfunctional brain. I can't rest -- I have work to do! I need to get it all done!! I can't have any excuse for not doing it or half-assing it because I obviously have the time!! An adult wouldn't put themselves in this situation in the first place!!! It's my fault that any of these problems even exist, so I need to ignore all that and get right the fuck down to work because the only being responsible for fixing my problems is me!!!!

I legitimately don't know how I'm going to survive when I get out of college. Hell, I'm not even sure I can survive the rest of college. I just can't fucking do this. I can't be a functioning adult. I'm not strong enough. I'm not sharp enough. And I feel like any attempt to make myself better just makes me worse.

You can just call me the King of Bad Choices. My soon-to-be ex wife already has a new husband on the pipeline.

I should have never gotten with her.

So, something happened. I know not precisely what, but whatever it is, it took place.

I got a message from basically one of the only two family members I have that I care about. Got told "please don't contact me or my sister again" because apparently I'd said something to them. Possible scenario: somebody's been pretending to be me while harrassing somebody in the family, and I haven't even been in the same state in almost four years, let alone thought of anything I'd want to contact either of them over. The one who messaged me, I haven't spoken with in almost two years because she just stopped responding to messages one day. The other one, it must have been closer to five years? Six? Then, random "don't talk to me" out of the blue one day.

I don't know what to think. That was basically the only person in the family I could even relate to, and I guess now we're no longer speaking. I guess I've been getting a little troll-y on the spacebook and intentionally seeking out people I would never respect in person and just screwing with them, wearing my inner monster on the outside and such. So maybe it was something I did. But it kinda seems like it wouldn't be.

But I guess I severed from the family for a good reason. Might as well do it completely, right? The good and the bad. @,,@ I should finish that, more definitively. Total removal, then vanish from everything. Gotta focus on what truly matters. Don't care if I have to claw a path through the ragnarok itself with my bear hands, even if it consumes all that I have: I'll get there. It's just a little longer. A little more hardship, a little more stress. Bad luck's gotta run out at some point.

Is this what pain feels like? I think this is what pain feels like.

But I'm fine.

why is it so fucking hot in my apartment ????
*strips angrily*

What's it with my plans always not going through? If it's not family, it's freaking weather. x.x I only have one in every five weekends where me and the Mister can have fun since he has to teach on the weekends. v.v Ugh. Just ugh.

The most heart-breaking thing is when someone who works customer service or retail apologizes to me over something so minor and inconsequential that it isn't a problem to me. I can only imagine how many shitty people have complained at them over that exact thing.

Sometimes I just feel hopeless. It's hard to see the light sometimes when you just feel so utterly alone. Why don't I have any friends anymore? What happened to them? Why doesn't anybody stay? Gah.

Feeling rather nostalgic and down today. I wish I could go back to 2012 and make different decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.