Blake Belladonna
Yang X(somethingIcanneverremember)-Long

If it was last names, it would be RSBX

Jaune Arc
Nora Valkyrie
Pyrrha Nikos
Lie Rin

See the problem?

Its possible it can be changed to fit the need, unless Monty broke his own rule.

Yea, i guess so, it was a minor change anyway.

It could also be possible that Rin doesnt like his first name, so he goes by his last. I know a guy who does that.

But team names: Firsts for the acronym, but last names if its needed.

Actually Lie Rin goes by his last name since he is based off the Aisan Culture.

As for the cards it seems complicated. Honestly I was thinking about having the teams arranged in the OCC and they have our characters pair up like usual standards as seen in the show. So basically we, the character owners, know what team we're in, but our characters don't actually choose their partners and teams in the RP. Sorry if y'all got the idea mixed up! >~<"

I've read a lot and I know a good deal about the Asian culture (because of a Chinese man, Sun Tzu, "know your enemy") and I have never seen that anywhere. But what the hell.

But how do we arrange the teams? Just pick them? Ill run all the card stuff, so it will be random and no one will get confused.

Actually Lie Rin goes by his last name since he is based off the Aisan Culture.

As for the cards it seems complicated. Honestly I was thinking about having the teams arranged in the OCC and they have our characters pair up like usual standards as seen in the show. So basically we, the character owners, know what team we're in, but our characters don't actually choose their partners and teams in the RP. Sorry if y'all got the idea mixed up! >~<"
Pretty sure you mean Japanese Culture, Japanese is the only 'asian' culture that puts last name first. Plus, it would make sense since Monty made RWBY with the idea that it would be the first american made japanese anime.

Any Confucian-based culture puts the family name first (Japan is particularly notable). Chinese adopts both depending on the audience, but most accurately keeps surname first. South Korea is mostly Christian so they have surname last.

In the show, humans generally have AT LEAST a last name based on color. Faunus do not require it (though they frequently have nature-based names that may also be interpreted as a color).

FULL NAME: Rothgar Tyr Gunnarsvard
NICKNAME(S): Fenrir, Roth (For short)
RACE: Human
ROLE: Student, White Fang
WEAPON(S):
Gleipnir, a variable length sword linked to his semblance that starts at the length of a gladius and, over the course of a fight with enough damage received, finishes out at the length of a zweihander.

SEMBALANCE: Pyrokinesis. He can't use it unless he's been dealt some damage. With each hit his strength increases with the additional drawback of an increased chance to frenzy the more damage he takes. Otherwise, Roth can produce fire balls, fire breath, pillars of flame and all that lovely, fiery jazz.

WEAKNESSES: Again, Roth is prone to frenzy during battle. Long fights are the bane of his existence to him and potentially those around him. As a fight drags on and he is heavily hurt, the next hit could possibly be the last to send him over the edge. While frenzied, Roth knows no friend or foe, just lambs to the slaughter and will attack with reckless abandon until either nothing stands before him, his body gives out due to exhaustion, or he's killed first. Restraining him and isolating him is one of the few ways to end the frenzy but it's rather unsafe to try and restrain him while he's conscious. The best bet in this regard is to knock him unconscious. None of this is helped by his love for fighting. He'll gladly be the first to throw a fist or draw his blade. Also that which doesn't help, his poor eyesight from having lost the ability the see in his left eye. Roth will occasionally miss attacks most people with two healthy eyes would be able to see just fine and will take a hit that would normally be avoided.

Roth will often sacrifice himself for capture or take hits aimed at friends or loved ones as he's come to be slightly overprotective. This trait has led him to be more than slightly distrusting of any faunus. Though he would like to believe most are not affiliated with the White Fang, it's a risk he's not willing to take for the time being.

STRENGTHS: A skilled swordsman of absurd strength. Roth finds himself comfortable with any blade in his hand and can swing most two-handed weapons as if they were meant for single handed wielding. He can also take quite a beating, a good thing in his mind until the frenzy kicks in, but allows him to stay on his opponents heels. Roth's a far better field commander than he is pre-planning fights, with fairly good situational awareness even in the thick of the fray. And finally, Roth is strong-willed and refuses to be broken so easily compared to others.

BIOGRAPHY: A former Mistral student, a series of clash with the more volatile White Fang members led to his "capture" at the exchange of innocent lives being sparred. Roth is heavily watched by the White Fang, ensuring he does as he's instructed unless he wishes those innocents he saved to meet a terrible end. Roth was a decent study. A bit slow to learn, better with a hands on approach. The occasional frenzy during practice fights was only a minor problem for the teachers. He was rather amiable amongst his peers, always willing to help and offer advice. He's grown a bit distant and cold now in his servitude to the White Fang, feeling it better to severe any possibly connections before they can become potential problems. He's now enrolled in Beacon to aid in whatever plots the White Fang has for the unsuspecting school.
APPEARANCE: http://www.cuded.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/20101114_the_merciless_by_perzo-600x884.jpg
((No, he doesn't dress like that.))

RWBY

Edited name of weapon to Gleipnir from Bound Paw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: redlemonaide
So, we should start talking about pairings, who wants to paired with whom. How do you guys wanrt to go about that? Unless we want to wait and see if Knight accepts the new student and we get one more to fill out the teams.

@Setanta: Approved!~ You may post an intro.

@Reaper Six: We can since we now have two complete teams. I'll keep the sign-ups open for another week if more people want to join in as students. Anywho, with your character plot in mind, it would be interesting to see our characters in a team together. Same goes with Setanta's since our characters would probably recgonize each other from being in the WF.

Who's the other character that finally filled enough for 2 teams?

Okay, thatll go, but whos the 8th? Sets character only makes 7 students.

But how do we do pairings? Before we all get put on a team.

Last edited:
Reactions: -SagittariusKnight-
A friend of mine is joining. They may not post tonight, but it should be soon. If not then I'll make another character to fill in the gap.

Well like how they did it in the show. First person the chargers yet sees is their partner. Again we're just just setting our teams up OOC wise so IC wise out character actually don't pick their partners.

For example, say So-and-so paired up with me. We would know that our characters are partners and in the RP we'll make it to were our character see each other during the initiation. >~<"

Mmkay.

Yes, I get that, I was just wanting to know how we would do that. As for teams, randomize them after we have the pairings? I can use my card method to divide them up once we have pairing easily.

FULL NAME: Scarlet O'Hara
NICKNAME(S): Red
RACE: Faunus
ROLE: Student
WEAPON(S): Gun Gauntlets that fire Ice dust bullets.
SEMBALANCE: Hydrokenisis.
WEAKNESSES: Spicy food, Fire, Heights, she also does not sleep, and can be ditzy at times.
STRENGTHS: Stronger and faster than most people, is very good at hand to hand combat, and draws well.
BIOGRAPHY: The only information she will divulge to other people is that she had a bad relationship with her parents and stayed with her grandmother most of her life.
APPEARANCE: http://imgur.com/a/KVeQA (both)

☆R W B Y☆​

Last edited:
Reactions: -SagittariusKnight-
I am going to change my character's weapon, its still the same, I just found a rifle I liked much, much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.