R.O.C.K. On! (Sign up and OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now, with just a pinch of character development ACK NO TOO MUCH

Well, technically you stabbed his back already, but can you do it in a AGAIN? IN A DOUBLE MEANING NOW!?

i mean sure why not it's a good comeuppance, and he can take it anyways, and by 'he' I mean Model F

....Too many things in there that I can turn into In-yu-end-tho-s...

Someone's been slicing watermelons in half with their HF sword, eh?

I wish. My Huge Flaming Sword's been near fewer watermelons than I've had surgeries, and I've never had a surgery before...

Whoops, actually meant that for @Penultimate Pi .
'Revengeance', heh. God that game looked awesome.

I hope I did that one well, Pi. Tried my best not to come off as too abrupt or too nonsensical.

You guys're doin' great.
I just kind of throw stuff out there, while the rest of you guys go and make most everything seem deliberate and keep it understandable. XD

If I can see it logically happening, and I'm able to mold my character's actions around it nicely, then I think it's good.

I was setting something like this up either way. If you HAD attacked, Cormag would've just been de-merged forcefully without an actual scratch, but a huge pain in the back. It would've been more of a lesson in humility and eventually inspire Cormag to the same end regardless. I figure it could've worked out either way for Cormag, but largely different for Iscariot... in MY mind, at least; you rightly have the better idea of what Iscariot is precisely.

They really DO have very similar histories, don't they?. I think what is different is the attacker; it's easy to hold a grudge against Mavericks because they're typically simple-mindedly 'evil', but against humans is a different story because you're killing your own kind, and almost becoming a Maverick, if you see the analogy. Interesting how this works out here.

I'm afraid i have bad news for everyone. I need someone to take the rp over since i will be too busy, starting next week, to think of a storyline. If no one volunteers, i'm afraid i have to cancel the whole thing.
I apologize for the inconvenience, but i prefer to inform you instead of letting the rp die down.

Well, maybe someone can make a special Maverick show up and we can do the Knightmare subplot for a bit.
Don't know what to do from there.
Suggestions anyone?

Caramon. I am not talking about making a small plot for the story. I mean that someone has to take over the whole RP.

I understood that.
I was thinking that all, well most, of us can alternate with different ideas we can impliment into the story.

I understand you need someone in charge, but from the sound of what you're saying, you're spending an entire week without moderating the roleplay just to concoct story for the roleplay. I won't accuse you of poor planning, but do you at LEAST know where we're going with the Mother plot? As long as you do, it should be easy for someone (or everyone) to provide appropriate context to the story. Before you do take your hiatus, please ensure as a GM that we can manage continuing the story YOU have set up for a week without you.

Also consider some of the mechanics and characters: The player for the Wind biometal hasn't posted anything beyond her first appearance, which leaves her slot open now, and Ludus and Marti are dangerously low in their activity. Meanwhile, on the other side, there's no real incentive to WANT to play a Maverick at all. Sure, they're supposed to stop the heroes, but what inspiration do they have to do it, as a presumably intelligent Reploid? Without a virus (I'm assuming there isn't one?), a Reploid or Pseruderoid would need a damn convincing reason to fight against the Biometals; unless, potentially, they have Biometals themselves (as Pseruderoids or dark Megamen would have). Of course, this is if you want to have players be Mavericks at all, and just limit the roster to the seven main Biometals (which I feel would be far easier to manage on your part).

If you already have this all set up and sorted out, then by all means go ahead. I don't mean to sound commanding or pretentious, but you shouldn't even think about taking a hiatus without sorting out the present loose ends to the point where we, as players, can manage ourselves momentarily in the story and roleplay.

Thank you for reading.

Well, you did have some good points Pi, but I think he meant that he's gonna be too busy to work on a storyline starting next week, so he wanted someone to take it over.
The other three could just be contacted and asked if they could post, you know. XD
I could ask Marti's player, since she gonna start helping me out with something in a bit, and I don't see why I, or whoever does it first, can't keep in touch with the others and ask about it. XD
If we enjoy this idea, we need to work together to make it work, right? XD

I would offer to take over but I don't know much of anything about the whole biometal thing so I don't think I would be able to do this. I'm already the GM for a MMX rp elsewhere. It'd be a shame to see this rp die.

@Penultimate Pi
I've been thinking a lot about how to respond to that. At first i was a bit angry, then calm again, and now i have the perfect words to express my feelings toward that post of yours: Think of others before thinking about yourself.
The Real live is sadly more boring, but also more important then roleplaying. My life will have a greater change since i got a new job and if you expect me to handle a full time job AND intense planning for this roleplay, you simply expect too much.

And now let me take care of some points you are talking about.

-I already did what was necessary as a GM. I warned the players and now look for a replacement. Taking it over would be the responsibility of the volunteering roleplayer, not mine. And if no one will be found, i'll simply use my first idea and just lock it.

-Serenety Williams', and all roleplayers in general, are given a time limit of two weeks before their characters are taken out of the story. Her time limit ran out today, not yesterday.

-Remember that real people sit behind the avatar, which have their own lives, problems and responsibilities. You can also not expect for all roleplayers to give the roleplay the same attention you do. Some people are simply not that motivated, or they don't have the time for it.

-The motivations for the Mavericks can vary. Their leader simply has the mission to save the Earth, which makes mankind parasites in his eyes. Other Mavericks can have their own reasons, or stick to this one. Use Wily as example. The robots he didn't create himself joined him because they feared being outdated too soon, hence replaced and destroyed.

-I'm not starting a Hiatus. I am simply not able to continue being a GM. And in addition to that: I am not thinking about it. It is already decided and in motion.

m'kay I changed my mind. If you guys are willing to have me I will step up to be GM. I don't want the rp to die. I really REALLY don't. Also this rp is TEN TIMES more active than my other one so I might be able to actually have the plot progress. Like I said, I'll step up if it's ok.

I wouldn't mind, but I think we need to get everyone together and see what can be done so that you don't have to do it by yourself.

I wouldn't mind, but I think we need to get everyone together and see what can be done so that you don't have to do it by yourself.
That would be my plan. I don't want to run it alone.

I could probably help out a bit, since the thread I want to do for my book'll take a bit to get started because of the sheer amounts of detail I plan to put into it. XD
I'm unemployed until I get one released, so I've got plenty of free time to help out, as long as I'm not sleeping. XD

I suppose I should have preemptively apologized for that post I made. I understood it did sound rather harsh and I understand all of the points you mention.

Again, not to lash out, but I thought your original post implied you would not be the GM for a week in order to work on the RP's storyline instead. As you say it now, you will not be returning to GM this RP at all, which would therefore imply that you would only contribute storyline. I suppose, then again, we shouldn't have to worry about story until we all actually touch down upon the island.

That being said, a collaborative GM effort between the more active players might be optimal. I can definitely contribute lore regarding the Biometals and Mavericks; whether or not it's all acceptable and true in this canon would be technically up to Nova, but I won't hold that upon him.

Status
Not open for further replies.