Quests

I'd say 9 meters long, 3 meters tall, and 1.5 meters wide would be fine. They'd probably frequent places with open-air markets. Then again, if this IS a fantasy setting, most markets would be open air. Really, they're just Giant/Ogre Centaurs with centipede legs instead of horse legs. If I understand it right.

I guess your problem is that you imagine Talrev as something that slightly resembles a human. (At least based on the picture you provided, that is my impression.) You have to imagine him more like a mechanical centipede.

I don't think anybody said they think he resembles a human... The picture given was that he should keep the length (not the ORIGINAL length, but the new one), and chop off some width. Taking off the width is simply so that we don't have to constantly keep our characters out of closed-in areas to accommodate him. Like I said before, if you're willing to leave your character out when we do have to go places that his width wouldn't allow, that is most likely fine with everybody. But there are bound to be situations in which they can't stay in open spaces.

I personally like your character. I just think that if you want him to be more involved, the changes suggested by TheNeverThere would be the easiest way to allow the involvement.

Not human? *goes to read description again* Ah, right. So maybe closer to this?

Pardon the terse and sparse comments I've had lately, I'm not intentionally neglecting this, I just have a huge deadline coming up I have to deal with. It's next Tuesday, and just after that I have some serious tests to take; once all that's through I should have enough free time to start this thing up proper.

It is the intent of this RP that various quests of characters interact with one another; I wouldn't mind putting the party in two groups initially if that seems like a good idea, who meet in each of the two ways, which both operate with being in a city. If we want to go with some kind of cave/underground city and the various suggestions made about that it could be a city that used to be a city of vampires but got taken over by some other underground-dwelling race at some point and now is regarded as a normal city of sorts. If we decide on the two groups thing, it's necessary to figure out who's nearly getting captured and who's just asking for advice from someone. Vern is probably the spark for the arrest scenario, so I'll probably be on that group...

I like that idea, and like I said, the 'nearly getting captured' thing got me all giddy. xD

TheNeverThere: Yes, that would be a more accurate way to see Talrev.

Anyways, I have no real preferences on how should we start, because we are a small group after all, so it will not take long to introduce our characters to each other anyway.

Sorry for my few comments, busy week is coming up. ^^;

The idea of two groups actually catches my interest. I would be really okay with that, plus, it would be interesting to see how the two groups shall meet each other. And the setting...=shrug= Anything is fine for me. I tend to start RPs in random locations and work the story from there.

Hey, I came across this thread apparently rather late. Am I too late to join?

Hey, I came across this thread apparently rather late. Am I too late to join?

To quote three days grace, "It's not too late, it's never too late!"

..But seriously, you can totally join. This'll stay open for quite a while at least.

Great! Thanks, I'll get started on my Character Sheet right away!

Remember, if you play a vampire, it's my job to murder you! ^_^

Name Delilah (Daliah)
Race Flower Fey (Known for their vibrant/ pastel eye and hair colour. Their wings resemble the flower they are named after.)
Gender Female
Age Appears to be 20 (Live longer than humans).

Class Healer, Mediator/Negotiator.
Strong Points Delilah has the natural ability to heal at will, but not without the expense of her own energy. She is powerful with words which make her a wise choice with negotiations or bartering for items. Her warm and inviting personality make her lovable and easy to make friends with, however, girls tend to get envious of her innocent nature.

Weak Points Spends her own energy to heal herself or others. She can heal a whole party, but only if she's willing to sacrifice herself and bestow upon them the ability to regenerate after her death (Daliah's Gift). A mediator always has a chance of losing a negotiation with a single word, it is not guaranteed, and so Delilah must be accompanied by a traveling companion whom, when the time is needed, can defend her. Give her a blade and she is as good as dead. Lastly, as mentioned above: Her warm and inviting personality make her lovable and easy to make friends with, however, girls tend to get envious of her innocent nature.

Abilities/Traits Her skills excel in the art of literacy and drawing, be it pencil or paint. She concentrates best when surrounded by muse of a musician. This makes her an talented merchant.

DND-Style Alignment Lawful/good.

Appearance
An average height of 5'5 and an elegant form, her wings resemble that of the Daliah flower (dark purple in the center and lighter as it spreads out with white ends). Her hair is long and a colour of lilac and matching eyes of light lilac with long black lashes. Her lips are naturally pink and her skin a fair honey tone.

Personallity
At first when meeting new people she can come across as shy when what she's really doing is being observant of those around her. She is a considerate and an empathic being as she is friendly and open to the ideas of others. Due to her observant stature she doesn't speak much, but when she does her voice is as beautiful and soft as a whisper, like a gentle singing. She never raises her voice and never uses her power for evil. Helping those she cares about are her priority other than her own quest at hand.

Delilah's Quest Her lover was killed protecting her when the Humans discovered her healing abilities. She was forced out of her home and now searches for someone to help her rid the Humans who wish her harm. Since she is not a vengeful being as it goes against her nature and could lose her magical abilities, she seeks the one who is not bound by this law. Of course, only to protect her while she searches for a special item that can hide her kind from those who are evil.

History
The Flower Fey are Human-born, but a select few are drawn to nature and the sun. Their hair and eye colour change into vibrant or pastel colours and annually "bloom" wings. They are also known as the earth-bound angels as Human Tales are told, they call them Fairy Tales.

Delilah lived a quiet and happy life with her beloved until a Human caught sight of her in a hot spring recuperating from the first day of her Blossom – Daliah wings. Since they are hard to hide from non-magical folk, her and her lover hid away in a forest where he built a lovely wooden house for them to reside in. For years they were safe, but they became careless and were spotted. The human came back with a threat. Either Delilah could go with them freely or by force for her healing power. Her lover tried to protect her against them, but there were too many of them and commanded her not to use up her energy to heal him. Instead, he wanted her to leave while he held them back. She never saw him again and believes him to be dead.

>.> Good thing I'm not playing a vampire lol!

Okay, let's see...keep in mind all of the following comments and questions are meant in the most constructive and friendly manner possible, and the ones that aren't obviously grammar nitpicks are things I find important to know before I decide on the character--

I would really like to know more about how the healing power works. Do you mean that she has an innate regenerative ability which allows her to recover from wounds, but which may be transferred to others temporarily? Or that she has a certain amount of magical energy, which is spent up as she uses healing magic? (Which is pretty standard) Or, do you mean that when she heals people she loses some sort of vital energy, which would at first make her tired and hungry, and if using too much might put her in a coma to even the point of death? I take it Dailah's Gift is essentially a life-sacrificing spell which can revive the recently dead, right? That would make me suspect the third option, but I want to be clear on what's going on.

Does 'an average height' mean she's able to change her height, or did you mean that her height is the average, which is 5'5?

I'm confused by the term 'human-born'. Do you mean that these fey folk simply sometimes appear as the children of humans, seemingly at random? Or is it a race that used to be humans at some point in the past? What was she doing before meeting her lover, or is that on the whole unimportant? (It does strike me as a bit strange that nobody discovered her power prior to that point) Does her lover have a name?

Are the wings functional for flying? The details of how they work should probably go under traits if they aren't particularly helpful for anything, unless I misunderstand. That is, from what I read I got the impression that sometimes they're there and sometimes they aren't....or is it that they appear on humans who turn out to be Fey-folk at a certain age?

I'm not completely clear on what her quest is. She seeks the one who is not bound by the law..is this a particular person she's heard about who can get vengeance for her lover's death, or just someone in general who can do that, or something else entirely? And, is there some kind of item she's heard of that can hide her unusual appearance, or is she just seeking a magic or magical item that can do that in general?

I have no problem with a character who is a healer, not a fighter, but I have to wonder just how committed she is to non-violence. Would she attempt to fight back if a very close friend were under attack, or if she herself was? Given the opportunity and a confidence that no bad consequences would occur as a result, would she kill a clearly extremely evil person? It seems like she's okay with other people hitting people (in the name of justice), so is it merely that she isn't good at fighting or is this a personal commitment so that she really doesn't want to? I suppose it would be pretty interesting to have a fairy Gandhi in the party.

Fair enough. I was expecting some sort of feed back since I'm totally new to RolePlaying. I appreaciate the questions.

Healing - She expends her own vital energy to heal, so yes, she gets tired and hungry. She can't use her healing spell whenever she wishes. If she uses it beyond her limit she can die. Daliah's Gift is a self sacrifice she could use as a last resort to rescue her friends from impending death. It doesn't revive, but gives them a second chance to win a battle - regeneration, as a means to quickly heal on their own.

5'5 - is the average height for her.

Human-born - They do appear as human children. The "gene" is not always passed down from generation to generation, but is selective. The wings appear at a certain age (my fault I totally missed that fact and I will fix it), and reappear every year during the spring and summer seasons. Come the fall the wings scatter like petals in the wind. They are used for flying and have a transparent look.

History - I realize I must have been mentally juiced out lol, sorry, I will go over that again.

Quest - Because she is a gentle being she does not have any combat experience, so if she were faced with a hostile swordsmen by herself she'd surely lose. This is where the traveling companion comes in handy. Vengence goes against her nature so she doesn't seek it, but would let circumstance choose the fate for those who would do her harm or others. In other words she wouldn't bother healing her enemies, but let them fall based on their decision.

The item I wasn't entirely sure of yet, but I had some time to think about that and I've come up with a magic scroll. A spell she would need to recite to hide her kind from human eyes so that it is possible to live with humans.

Morals on Violence - She's no fighter and doesn't have any combat abilities except for the basic surival intincts. For example, she would distract the enemy by throwing rocks or jumping on his/her back to free her friend/ally of any more attacks. Due to her nature she is not allowed to kill, even if the enemy is pure evil, however, she wouldn't stop her friend/ally from doing so. After all, nature will run its course.

I hope that covers every question you had. I will revise the history though, hopefully come up with a better one. Thanks for your patience!

I'd consider the ability to fly an advantage (strength), albeit a selective one if it's only usable for half of the year, and comes with a kind of social stigma.
So if I understand the gift ability properly this time...it basically grants the benefactor(s) an extreme regenerative ability for some limited period of time in return for the caster's life. It could bring someone from the brink of death (like, missing most of their blood after being cut repeatedly) but not from recently actually dead (i.e., stabbed through the heart and definitely not moving anymore).

I have to wonder how this particular strain of healing power operates on undead..though it's possible they don't exist in this world and/or we don't encounter them, unless vampires or bloodlings count... Chances are it would either do nothing or just make them feel healthier, I suppose, since it has a 'life energy' sort of style to it.

Let me just say that you're responding to criticism in the absolute best way that a newbie can. :)

Sounds like to me you understand the wings and her Gift ability and healing. As for the undead, if there ever was an encounter, granting the dead life should kill them since they are not living creatures. At least, that makes sense to me.

Lol, thanks for the compliment.

Okay, I'm finally through with that awful paper, turned in and all..and basically ready to start writing the first post for this. Waiting on TNT's profile to be finished, and the edits to history for Christine, and a definite confirmation from everyone of what we're gonna do around here.

As far as I gather/remember, the plan is:
-Cave city that used to be the home of some vampires
-Vern looking like some criminal and some other people getting caught up in the chase or as supposed accomplices or something
-Some other people trying to ask someone who's supposed to know about stuff (like a prophet or information salesman) about their quests.