Quests

All right, I have addressed all points that came up so far, and here is what I came up with:

Talrev, as it is normal for his species, has very tough skin that defends him against commonly used weapons and spells, unless enough force is put behind them.
This change in wording means that players will have a hard time breaking Talrev's skin, but it does not make him as tough as it was implied previously. Basically, if one just casually attacks him, the attack will be ineffective, but attacks with a larger force will be able to hurt him, e.g. : A swing with a sword will not injure him, but if you get a claymore and put all your strength behind the attack, he will be seriously injured.

Additionally, if Talrev is somehow flipped over, it makes him an easier target than usual as he can not respond to attacks until he aligns himself properly, which takes a considerable amount of time.
Lord Cockswain the Insane gave me this idea to somewhat balance out my character's toughness and size more. This additional weakness means that if you manage to flip him on his side, or back, it will be several seconds before he can attack you, giving characters a chance to flee or do additional damage to him.

He is also very large, about nine meters long, three metres wide, and one and a half metres tall.
I decreased his size to be more reasonable, but he is still quite large as intended.

His body is long, made out of two segments plus the head.
Yes, I altered the number of his segments to match the reduction in length. Let me know if I need to change anything else.

Sorry for not being here, I've been busy. ^^;

I really can't explain what I want to say, it's confusing even for myself, so I say we should just give it a shot.
Though, I think Talrev will have difficulties trying to go into a village/town and needs a lot of space, like being in a forest or a meadow.

I think I can be okay with that set of changes, should balance the character alright. I'll wait on other people's approval since I asked for it, but I'm alright with how it is now.

Mexma, you're right, but that counts as a social weakness for him and works toward balancing the character. I suppose the problem would also be, for instance, if the group needs to go to a private room in an inn to decide some secret plans he would have to be excluded and basically a non-character during that time. So it's a different kind of roleplaying risk, is that what you were getting at? I'm okay with that if Lstorm is, though.

I'll go ahead and bring up the next topic of discussion, still leaving the last one open of course: Closer-in setting to start with. Are we going to want to start in a city, village, forest, field, uh...desert? Any preferences?

I'm personally liking the idea of either a city or village.

Analizing it, yes, social interaction problem for Talrev and more developement! I'm all right with Talrev. =thumbs up=

I also like the idea of a city for a setting. =^.^=

As my character is studying various cultures, I think that a city, or a village with a city nearby would be a good choice as it represents a lot of possible interactions. But maybe the city is a better idea, since villages often tend to be close-minded, and wary of outsiders. Another good choice would be is to just meet coincidentally while travelling, but maybe that would be too much of a coincidence?

What would be their reasoning for meeting in the first place? Is it by chance, or have they heard of each other?

Well, what I was thinking of was more like coincidence, but as I said, that is probably too much coincidence.

I had a vague idea in my head about someone somehow being mistaken for a criminal (maybe Vern since it can take on literally any appearance) and the other people getting caught up in the mess too. Probably resulting in escape, since I see this party as being pretty hard to capture overall.

Or if that doesn't work for you, there could be some intermediate goal like a shopkeep, spy or prophet who supposedly might know something about a specific thing each one is after.

Either idea would work for me, but I do not know how you would get my character involved in the first one, as I do not think Metal Steeds have a stigma attached to them like that. The second idea is more likely to work, but it is also more standard, for a fantasy setting at least. Maybe we could have a few characters meet up in one place, another group in another place, and then have the groups meet? I think that could also work.

I'm good with what you guys decide. I think the point of this is for them to find each other and might help one another in their quests. Though I lean over to the second ides Xindaris gives of a spy/prophet/shopkeep being the reason for them to come into each other's paths. Just an opinion.

Maybe a Lost City? In some deep cave? Maybe a lost Vampire City/Ruins? It would explain my presence there.

I got all giddy at the idea of them having to escape capture, actually. c: They would indeed be a rather hard group to round up, although I'm not entirely sure how they would all get involved in that. My second choice would be the prophet idea.

If we would like to work with the "escaping capture" idea, then maybe it will be for the best if our characters get caught up in the business of some really well-known troublemaker, who then shifts the blame to our characters. So not only will we have the team begin forming, the characters will have their first common goal as well. Thoughts?

Also, I would really like to know if my character can actually take part in this roleplay, mainly because Xindaris has not added him to the character list yet.

I wanted to make sure everyone else approved since I had invited them in on the decision. As of now I'll just say he's approved unless someone objects.

He'll be added when I have time to write up a summary.

I still have my misgivings, but I've already said my bit, which included deferring to Xin's decision, so if it's ok with him, I'll manage.

I meant with the changes...is he still doubtful to you with those?

It's much better over-all, but I still squirm at the 3 meters wide. That's still 9 feet and change. Now, if he were 3 meters tall, and 1.5 meters wide, that would be fine with me (and look badass). And I guess if he's got a buggy body I can live with 9 meters long. I'd say 9 segments though, each a meter long? But that's more aesthetics than gameplay, so feel free to have however many segments you want.

(I'm kinda picturing this, but with centipede legs)

I suppose it just depends on how willing you are to leave him out of certain bits. They can't stay out of cities and villages all the time, after all.