Quests

I'll try and get my sheet done tomorrow.

Sounds like a good summary to me, Xindaris. I am okay with it.

Name: Valen

Race: Human

Class: Modern samurai (or martial artist if that wasnt clear >.<)

Strong Points: Good at strategizing, fast on his feet , learned Nitoken (the ability of being able to master two swords atleast at an intermediate level of skill)

Weak Points: somewhat anti-social, Clumsy with small things

Abilities/Traits: none that I can think of...unless something pops up in my head during the rp...

DND-Style Alignment: Neutral

Personality:He tends to be quieter than others, but he acts cheerful nonetheless

Your Quest: To demand revenge on those who poisoned his stepmother and father

History: as a child he was simply as he was now silent(ish now but you get my point) He never wanted to talk until age 7,when he decided he wanted to learn the art of the samurai to protect his beloved ones. Which of he learned from a former martial artist. About 3 years later his little brother was born, Valen trained him for a couple of years before Valen suddenly dissapeared...out of depression of leaving his brother with their family's friend. The same night he was forced to kill his parents, or else the whole family was to be ridden of by a fatal virus within a week.

Appearance:
samurai.jpg
Is Valen accepted?

Mmm...not yet. There are some problems here.

1-If he's a samurai, his skills as a samurai should be included in strengths; and his deficiencies as a samurai and the deficiencies present in the samurai style of fighting should be included in weaknesses, both with enough detail for someone else to work with if need be. It also isn't at all clear to me from the current version of the character sheet just how good of a samurai he is, or what about his style of samurai-ing makes him a "modern" one. In fact, you should probably mention in the history where his samurai training came from--parents, a teacher in town, self-taught after reading from books?

2-His history should actually say what happened, why his parents are dead and why he's running away, at least to the level of knowledge that Valen has if he for some reason doesn't know all about the event. These are details I need as a GM to run the game properly, even if you never, ever reveal them directly in-character. Keep in mind that anything left out of a description of such an event is an open invitation for someone else, especially me, to fill in the gaps. Also, "get away from home" is a directional vector, not a quest..maybe fleshing out what happened to his parents will help you find an actual quest for him? I'm not picky, it could be a motive as simple as revenge.

3-His personal reason for not talking should be mentioned or at least hinted at in his personality and/or history. Did his father beat him for talking at a young age? Did he actually know how to talk at an early age, but figure he could get what he wanted without going to the trouble of talking? Is he quiet because he's deliberately trying to be mysterious to other people or because he doesn't want people to know about him, or is not talking much just an old habit of his that's hard to shake?

Well I am going to break out of my comfort zone on a couple points for this one. I dont usually do races like this, nor do I generally do cross gendering. But I found this amazing picture I want to RP so here it goes.

This is nowhere near complete but I didnt want to lose it when I logged off tonight.. so Ima just save it like this.
[SPOILI]
Name: Cypher Cyrene
Race: Faerie Vampire

Class: Queen
Strong Points: Her size makes her immensely difficult to catch and strike. From her faerie birth she has a amazing manner of concealment in pretty much any setting. Her vampire side has left her with an affinity for the night and great strength (relative to her normal strength). As a Queen her abilities are more pronounced and stronger the the rest of her Court.
Weak Points: As a vampire she is addicted to the night not to mention the life-giving juices which flow through every human's veins. Daylight is painful to the eyes, so she stays in during the day.
Abilities/Traits: As a Queen she can take a very authoritarian tone and has some power in the realm of seduction, even for one so small.

Personality: (Tell how your character tends to act around others.)

Your Quest: (What your character is trying to do. Discussed in detail in the first post)
History: (Your character's past. Should include the reason for their quest.)

Appearance: (Post a link to a picture, or a else good description of your character. Or you can mix and match the two, if you like.)

[/SPOILI]

Name: Groz'Len Joz'Ly
Race: Lizard-kin. A race of tall, swamp dwelling, coldblooded lizard-like humanoids. Not the most technologically advanced, but are a bit know for having spiders of many sizes as pets.
Age: 38. His kind lives to be in the range of 200, so he is relatively young.

Class: Fighter/trader.
Strong Points: Quite agile, and quick. Scales that are a bit harder than skin, yet not by much. Can go days without food.
Weak Points: Not very strong. Will not leave his pet, no matter what. Does not handle cold very well, as he needs sunlight, or at least heat to keep his body temperature up. A coward at times.
Abilities/Traits: Knows a bit about training spiders.

DND-Style Alignment: Neutral.
Personality: Tries to be friendly, though he is still a bit awkward to other races at times. He has also has some trouble truly letting people come under his scales, as he has been betrayed on more than one occasion.

Your Quest: Groz'Len wants nothing more to go back to his home village, yet he knows he cannot, as after an incident that involved dropping one house onto another and mammoth-spiders panicking. He knows he will need a rather large amount of money, gems or winning the favor of one of the gods to finally be allowed to go back.
History: Groz'Len grew up as the second oldest of a brood of 10. He always loved climbing the giant trees the village was built around/onto and playing with the spiders. As he grew, he found that buying and selling small trinkets, gems or whatever else that was small, yet could have some value was his preferred way of making a living. It meant he had to travel a bit at times, both to other Lizard-kin villages, and to the villages of other races.
One day, he came across a strange idol that he though he could make sell. When he later arrived back at his village, he found someone that wanted to buy it. As he held it out to him, it started to glow and shake. Suddenly, a being of pure energy came out of the idol. Before any of them could react, the being started wreaking havoc on the village. It ripped one of the homes down from one of the trees, and threw it at another one, which caused panic in some of the mammoth-spiders nearby. Groz'Len was in shock, and looked down at the idol, still in his hand. He took it in both his hands and snapped it in half. The energy being vanished as suddenly as it had appeared. Groz'Len was blamed for bringing the idol into the village, and was therefor banished until he could pay for the damages, or until he got marked by one of the gods, as that would prove that he was worthy of being allowed to return.

Appearance: Groz'Len is about 2.4m high, has scales that are greenish with a hint of yellow. Some small horns on his head. He has small claws and a set of rather sharp teeth. Usually wears a dark green/brown sleeveless shirt, brown leather pants and a small pack on his back.

Pet: Groz'Len barely ever goes anywhere without his spider, Azy. She is not very large, a little smaller than a hand, and is mostly covered in black hair, with some red on her legs and back. Like most pet-spiders, she has a very weak poison that has a dizzying effect and is slightly hallucinogenic.
She usually either sits on his shoulder or crawls around on him to get a better look around, as she is quite curious and playful.
She sometimes crawls of to explore, something that tends to annoy Groz'Len, yet when she's done exploring, or simply feel threatened, she will emit a high pitched screech, making it easy to find her.

Duke Ferret: I should probably make sure you know about TNT's vampire-related fluff and his character hunting down certain vampires. It's always possible that there's more than one kind of vampire, but it might be more interesting if your characters are related in this sort of way.

Dedtoo: Groz'Len looks pretty neat so far. The complete version of the character should probably include a little section about his spider--its size and abilities, like if it has poison or anything, how he usually keeps up with it, etc. We haven't really figured out how deities work for this world so far, but I'm guessing the Lizard-kin mean for him to have some relatively virtuous god mark him as worthy of returning, eh?

Ruikio: it finally occurred to me where I'd seen the name Valen before. I'm assuming yours isn't related, though. Anyway..I guess Valen's probably alright. I think I understand the character slightly better, and I think there's hope enough of him being fleshed out once the IC starts.

As usual, everyone with incomplete or to-be-corrected character sheets, I'll try and look back fairly frequently but posting or PMing me to say you've done the edits is encouraged in case I forget.

Everyone: It's looking more by the day like the two-groups-to-start idea will be quite feasible. I'm keeping the stuff agreed on before this influx of new characters because I've already got it in my head that way and it's easier that way, and I don't want to go through yet another discussion of this stuff...(If everyone hates this idea all of a sudden I guess I could start over again with it, but that seems pretty unlikely..?)
So, the plan for starting whenever I have time to get up a post is this:
-Everyone starts out in a cave city that used to be the home of some vampires.

-One group will be around town in various places, not necessarily very far away from one another. Vern (my character) will be in that group; it will be mistaken for some criminal and chased after, and the other characters in this group will get caught up in the chase somehow and eventually they all get captured or escape together, or something of that nature.

-The other group of people will all be with, or on their way to, some kind of informative NPC. I'll handle this character, and have him or her appear before an indistinct "crowd of persons" which will include the characters in this group who've already arrived. The informant will probably tie some of these characters' quests together somehow, and/or relate them to the quests of the other group. Something else might happen that makes this group stay together if binding their quests up doesn't do the trick, I'll figure it out if you don't.

So, any questions? Anyone want to go ahead and sign up for one group or the other, presuming your character gets accepted if he or she isn't already?

Finished it and added a pet part.
The gods of the Lizard-kin tend to mark those who do great acts they approve of, or those who live to serve the god or just live while doing stuff the god likes. Getting marked is a rather rare honor, no matter the god, and none of them are really virtuous.

Nope, not even close to where I got the name from.

Alright, Groz'Len is approved. I should probably get on updating the character listing soon...

Well, locked out of GW2 for the moment, so I guess I'll work on my character.

Okay, Viktor is accepted. I'm curious if you know already what the 'great evil' is that the Curse of Tyrfing brings, or if that's meant to be figured out entirely in-story.

I have something in mind, though if something greater presents itself, something more world-shaking, then the "great evil" might change.

Also, I have a bit of a thought: If this RP does at least ok, is there the possibility that we could do a time-skip sequel? Maybe the same world, but a more modern setting? (Modern being 1800s to current)

I think that you are thinking ahead way too far, TheNeverThere. We will have to see how this RP does at first, and then decide if we need a sequel.

By the way, I would like my character to be in chase group.

I would like to ask for Jason being in the second group. Y'know, the 'going to see the informative NPC' one. :3

I'd like my character in the chase group, as I can think of a way he could get tangled up in that :P

I'll have David listen to the NPC. You know, have him try to blend in a bit.

I dont see any way that Valen could possibly be in the chase group so by default...

Just asking, but how far do you think we are from starting this? Are we waiting for more people, or is something still missing from the plot?