Q - Flux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got through 4 character's posts...

9 more to go. The whole thing will be posted tomorrow. It's my last day of classes and I've only got two in the morning, leaving me with the rest of the day (if I need that long) to complete it.

Please realize that because of the number of players present, I'm not likely to be super expedient in posting responses (I'll be most expedient if you guys post expediently yourselves!). Most likely new IC posts will be a weekly or twice-a-week thing.

Reactions: Duwang Chew
Keep up the hard work yo, I'll be sure not to let you down. Or give you up, for that matter.

@ERode Manager of the Year right there.

Actually, if you guys could let me know a few things, that'd really help me set up the IC faster:
I was a little bit late here, so I can do that now. :D

What does your character do on their off-time?
Some of the things she might be doing in her "off-time" include the following:
  • Practicing at the firing range with Kirthun.
  • Brawling with Kirthun.
  • Wandering the city and tracking monsters, though rarely fighting them herself.
    • She'll typically call in Policus backup to close off the area, and only if people are in direct danger will she do more than follow it and watch it from afar.
    • Sometimes she tracks the beasts themselves, sometimes she follows Cleaners hoping they'll find something.
  • Studying basic mediums at libraries.
  • Chilling back at her place.
Where might your character be at the start of the IC? What are they doing?
Stalking the trail of some dark magic, whether successful or not. Or, really anything else on her schedule.

What does their daily schedule look like?
Wake up early—maybe 6h?—prepare a meal for herself and her roommate.

Head out with him for his morning patrols, 8h-12h. After his lunch break, he'd go off to do the rest of his shift inside the base, "paperwork" and the like. As such, she would have free reign, and would likely wander through the layers of Neo Babylon, starting leisurely near the top and slowly making her way down.

At around six, she'd meet up with Kirthun again and do some combat training for one or two hours. Then, either go out for supper or go home, rest up, hang out, and go to sleep.

@Asuras
I left it out because she doesn't remember, but guess I just fill in some random number :I
Regarding the pseudo-immortality of her seeds I actually didn't want to do it the way you are suggesting it because that would mean she would have a easy way of returning to be more more 'normal' again, there is no personality section but I subtly hinted and also told you over the messenger that those Neverborn influence her innocent personality in a bad way. I have no problem changing it for the sake of balancing but maybe we can get on some equal terms?

I just can't wait to start this^, going to be the best RP ever! Well for me xD.

Do you think you could pull the banner until the RP starts? You lured me in with probably the best banner I've seen here, only to be told I can't have fun :c

I was wondering, are Sparkle's baked goods famous too :P?

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi
10 at max, is what I'm gonna cut it off as, honestly. 10 telekinetically-controlled swords that can change shape seems reasonable and generous.

@penguin055
It is quite small, yes. It honestly doesn't give me much to work with, nor much to the man. Honestly you're going to need a bit more to be accepted. I understand that CS size isn't the end-all-be-all to IC writing ability, but it is ultimately a rule of thumb to compare the two.

@Skyswimsky
What's her age?
I'll accept her Error powers under the condition that when the Neverborn are materialized and fight at her side, should they be destroyed then that's it; they're gone. She'll need to make another one.
Edited! What do you think?

And Nechronica is just starting too, but that doesn't mean they can't make this work. If anything, their inexperience is what brings them together. Nechronica herself isn't very good at playing the drums without following along to a beat, but eventually she'll learn how to do it without having to play over a recording.
Yeah Elizia could be Sparkle's back up vocals, it would get her some money so she could get a nice house^^ xD. Look at that already have a plan for RP, can't wait to start. You guys sure do write a lot in OCC xD.
Hmm, does that mean, the band hasn't been formed yet? Like, is Sparkle mostly a solo artist but in the rp we'll have a small plot where the band is recruiting and forming? OH and what would be the name of the band?!

Wait.

The band is seriously going to be a thing? Christ, I thought it was just an OOC joke. XD

OH and what would be the name of the band?!
"Q-Flux!", of course. [shudder] I think somebody else mentioned that here.
I was wondering, are Sparkle's baked goods famous too :P?
It hypnotizes. As in, tames animals and makes them her friends whilst turning people into raving, sociopathic zombies, I believe. Isn't that a thing called "sugar rush" in this world, though?

Heh, as amusing as that band would be to try, I'll have to defer to our glorious GM's judgement.

Hmm, does that mean, the band hasn't been formed yet? Like, is Sparkle mostly a solo artist but in the rp we'll have a small plot where the band is recruiting and forming? OH and what would be the name of the band?!
"Q-Flux!", of course. [shudder] I think somebody else mentioned that here.
Yup, I came up with the idea, figuring that it sounded cool. I mean, we have characters with musical talents and conflicting attitudes (Nechronica is a Policus and Seti runs with the Painstakers), that itself sounds like the basis for another RP on it's own.
If it's not a joke I'll have to shut it down anyways.
Aw, what? It could have totally been a thing. Why else would our characters have musical abilities if they don't get put to good use? It can't always be existential crisis and street fighting. Cides, a band would give everyone a reason why they hang out with each other. Or at least some of us.

Oh yeah, Asuras.

This is a 'virtual reality world', right? Are there any hints at all that the world is digital? Or does it mimick 'reality' perfectly?

i thought it was serious lol

Heh, I'm looking forward to Seti and Nechronica not getting along, considering their conflicting sides. Should be fun, sure as sure.

Oh yeah, Asuras.

This is a 'virtual reality world', right? Are there any hints at all that the world is digital? Or does it mimick 'reality' perfectly?
Aside from that fact that we can preform magic and have technology that is well beyond what our characters might be aware of? I mean, none of us were "Born" in this world after all. And if we have any memories of our past, I'm sure it's much different from Noe-Balabyon in more ways than one.

Hoping for a band is one thing, but I don't want to see characters miraculously "falling into place" to facilitate making a band simply for the sake of seeing the OOC conversation's discussion come true.

When and if you guys happen to come across one another, it's fine to end up realizing each of you has a musical talent but devoting yourself to achieving just that is a no-go.

Oh yeah, Asuras.

What are you talking about? The universe is as real as our own. Nothing virtual about it. :3

Reactions: Skyswimsky
Hoping for a band is one thing, but I don't want to see characters miraculously "falling into place" to facilitate making a band simply for the sake of seeing the OOC conversation's discussion come true.
Gotta love that realistic GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.