• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Whatever, Bullfrag is awesome.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Superheroics, Slice-of-Life, Anime, a fair deal of fandom...
"Hey hey, big sister, can you tell me the story?" the young girl asks her big sister.

"Alright, alright, settle down Chimera. This one's about our father's adventures," the older, bespectacled girl says, before starting to tell a tale.

"A long time ago, perhaps even before the concept of time existed, there was a king. This king brought upon a Golden Age among many eons ago. Some even say that without him, time would cease to exist.

One day, the king's six children overthrew the kingdom through a decade-long war. We know this war as the Titanomachy."

mO0OAmj.png

"And what happened next?"

"These six children eventually claimed victory and, as history would put it, winners write history and they were deemed heroes. They built a civilisation and advanced humanity while treating them as playthings. The members of the old kingdom were locked away in a prison we know today as Tartarus.

However, our family believes that the old king walks this very Earth... having been unleashed from his prison after mellenia of torment."

"So, where does daddy fit into all this?"

"He hasn't, but he will soon, Chimera, he will soon."

fLIOwLS.png

The young one, 'Chimera', falls asleep on her older sister's lap.

"Sleep tight, Chimera. Tomorrow's family reunion is going to be a merry one."

Above the winter skies of this Eastern street, a young girl floated down from the heavens like a feather. Slowly and gently, she landed in the hands of a young boy, who, by miracle, found the girl in his very palms.

"My name... is Saturn... what is... yours?"

With that question, she fell asleep.

The girl was like an angel - falling from the heavens and as light as a feather.

He would later discover that this girl was above angels...

U6ksDt1.png

Various factions

Main Duo
Our main duo is stuck in the middle of all this mayhem. This consists of our lead boy, and our lead girl Saturn, who is the goal of many characters. They mainly just wish to lead regular lives. Saturn is often the target of many for various reasons.

Typhon's Alliance
This faction's main goal is to find Cronus so that he can claim the throne and lead the second Titanomachy with a great army at hand.

This faction is currently lead by Typhon, the father of monsters, and a Titan who who once was once sealed away by Zeus in Mount Etna, but has recently been released from his prison. Most of his spawn, too, have joined his quest in finding their rightful king Cronus - the one who can lead them towards the path of vengeance.

Apart from those who have joined to get Cronus back, there are also others who have joined just to get back at the Olympians for the sins they have done to them, such as turning them into spiders or petrifying beasts.

Olympians & Affiliates
The Olympians, as well as others closely affiliated to them, are working on trying to capture Cronus to re-imprison him in Tartarus, so that the second Titanomachy can be prevented.

The Olympians are lead by Zeus, who had sealed Cronus away during the first Titanomachy.

Their affiliates are the various gods, mortals and heroes of legend that follow them, and possibly worship them.

Others
Well... others. Is there more to be said?

Rulios

This roleplay primarily takes place in Tokyo. Because.

No Titans, not even Rhea, will be playable. There will be exceptions, such as the Titans that were explicitly stated to not have been sealed in Tartarus, such as Atlas, Prometheus, etc.

I will need someone to play the teenager whom Cronus lands on. This character's role is major, and thus, if you do not touch him or her for a week, I might control him or her to keep the RP going. If I intend to start the RP but no one has taken this role yet, I will have to take this role.
His primary conditions are that he lives here, he has a name that says he lives here, and that he doesn't have known supernatural capabilities. Ooooh we're going there.

I do not intend to place a limit on character count per person, but make sure you can handle them all.

While deity player characters are limited to Greco-Roman deities for now, I will do my best to assign an Egyptian God counterpart e.g. Typhon is the Egyptian deity Seth, Athena is Neith, etc. Some won't have these counterparts, though.

Applications

(Insert Picture here)

Name:
Aliases:
Physical Age: If you're into the melleniums.
Appearance: Even with a picture, I want elaboration.
Affiliation: Look up there.
Personality:
History:
Motive: If non-affiliated, this is a must, even if it is as simple as 'living a normal life'. If affiliated, this is an interesting addition, and reccomended.
Abilities & Skills: Well?
Weaponry: Well? Please elaborate.
Other Information:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Im certain that any male character I play will turn into a complete jerk at some point, so I will pass that fabulous MC spot. Reserving Cerberus for now, and might create Hades CS later.

• Love
Reactions: Crow
CdIb1xb.jpg

"My name... is Saturn... what is... yours?"

• Name: Saturn

Aliases: Cronus, Chronos, Kronos

Physical Age: 14

Affiliation: Main Duo

Motive: To live a normal life.

Motive: To initiate the second Titanomachy to bring forth a new Golden Age.
  • Unlike the antagonised Cronus, she is a kind little lass who has quite a low self-esteem. She often says 'sorry', even if it isn't her fault. She is very, very shy and timid, and is afraid to be away from the ones she is close to. Even to those close to her, she might find herself a burden and want to repay people for the favours they have done to her. Of course, she tends to avoid suspicious characters or strangers. Despite this, she is very protective of her caretaker. One can often find her panicking from the slightest things.

Saturn loves hugs, and she does it often to those she trust, especially to her new friend and her family.

As Cronus, she is a ruthless being who fights and kills all whom she sees as foes like no tomorrow, mad from the feeling of seeking revenge. The brutal tyrant is hard to stop, and she will be harder to stop once Cronus fully regains her true strength.
  • As Cronus, many tales of the legendary Titan King and how he brought upon the Golden Age of humanity have been told, but the two most noteworthy tales are his rise and fall.

After castrating and slaying his tyrant father, Uranus, Cronus and his siblings, the generation of Greco-Roman gods known as Titans, decided to start a Golden Age where everyone would be equal. This era lasted quite a while, that was, until one day, his older sister and wife, Rhea, told him that he was, one day, going to be overthrown by one of his children.

Hearing this, Cronus devoured all his children but one - Zeus. Eventually, Zeus caused Cronus to regurgitate the other five - Poseidon, Hades, Hera, Demeter and Hesta. The first six Olympians then waged war against the Titans, defeating them and casting them all into the depths of Greco-Roman hell - Tartarus. For some reason, Rhea didn't go down with them. No one knows why.

That was what caused Cronus to be so filled with vengeance for the Olympians.

After all these years, Cronus created a way out, and using this method, he escaped Tartarus and promised his fellow Titans that he would free them from the outside and start the second Titanomachy.
    Unfortunately, Cronus was reborn as a young virgin maiden with anmesia - Saturn. Not knowing about her past as a Titan, she spends her life with a young man who catches her in his arms.
  • Saturn takes the form of a young, human girl, about 1.42 metres tall. She has long, wavy blonde hair which reaches down to her lower thighs. Her shining sapphire eyes are near perfection, and her skin is white and smooth. Her limbs and body are slender and her chest is literally flat, AAA probably. Some say that she almost looks like a doll.

She has a ♄ emblem on her circular gold-hued medallion worn around her neck, which is actually a pocketwatch when opened. She wears this medallion over her black-and-white striped scarf. Her pure, white dress has no sleeves, but has a fine collar white buttons. She wears black thigh-highs with red shoes.

When she accesses her more powerful primal split personality, Cronus, her eyes turn ruby red and her hair, a dirtier blonde, and her dress and socks swap colours. Cronus surfaces from time to time, but has not truly awakened.

• Using her pocket watch, Saturn can control time to a small extent - slow it down, speed it up, and freeze it for a short amount of time. In her dormant state, she does little. However, she can also reverse the condition of things(e.g. reverse the shattering of a vase or reviving a dead person, provided it hasn't been too long). It is noted that time is always moving forward and thus, in her current state, she cannot time-travel.

As long as she has her favourite scarf, it is able to sprout into raven-like wings - one white and one black, giving her flight and gliding capabilities. Without Cronus being awoken, she only has enhanced jumping and gliding abilities, and is unable to truly fly like her symbolic animal - the crow. As she continues to advance, she will begin to be able to fly for longer periods, and ultimately, truly fly.

All plant life that surrounds her immediately liven up, even if dead. This is passive.

Being the leader of the Titans, her strength and reflexes are actually quite extraordinary.

The split personality of Cronus can awaken within her, enhancing her time-based and strength abilities. This split personality, in addition to having Saturn's skills, has learnt some magic that Saturn cannot perform. Cronus also has an enhanced level of concentration, allowing her to deal heavier blows by striking vital points.

Cronus can create a spell known as 'Gates of Tartarus', which takes concentration and effort. If concentration is broken, especially Cronus reverting back to Saturn, the spell is disrupted. Once this spell is complete, the gates will appear for ten minutes before disappearing. A certain key is required to unlock these gates.

• Saturn does not know if she has any skills of note.

• Cronus' Legendary Scythe Harpe - Saturn possesses an adamantine stick that can transform into a large gunscythe of about three metres in length, a mythical weapon known as a Harpe. This was the very same weapon used to castrate and slay Uranus. Harpe can pierce through nearly anything, and even create sonicbooms from its sharp blade. By inserting the pocket watch into a compartment, Harpe can fire bullets made from time-space itself, dealing explosions upon contact with solid matter. Saturn can easily sense her Harpe from any distance, due to her connection to it, and cause it to return to her.

Cronus' Scarf - A striped scarf capable of transforming into a pair of Raven wings.

Temporal Pocketwatch - the device that she uses to utilise her time-based abilities.

• Her favourite food is ice cream and maple syrup.

Just wanted to make a type of villain, I hope you can get some use out of him.

kilgrave_by_johnny_lighthands-d9i0eta.jpg
"No matter how eloquent, no one can deny we're all just beasts inside"​

• Name: Dionysus
    Aliases: Bacchus, Eleutherios, DIO, Ryugen Tendou, the Liberator
    Physical Age: 20
    Affiliation: Himself
    Motive: To enjoy a world of pleasures and spread the ideology to the world no matter the consequences.

• Personality: Hedonist, Corrupter, and a but vain, Dionysus believes that every living thing is animalistic and that they should enjoy their base urges, he doesn't see himself as exempt and enjoys everything that Tokyo has to offer. He thinks that others should join him in his revel and attempts to get others to join by letting them enjoy their desires no matter how insane or bizarre.

• History: One of the few Olympians that reside on earth and stays out of the gods affairs, though he loves living the world of mortals, he doesn't really understand them and has driven others to madness and debauchery. He knows the heroes will try and stop him, he just doesn't care, he does however, want them to enjoy his madness and give themselves to their newly found human urges.

• Appearance: A tall man of 5'6" in a black suit, with a purple under shirt and burgundy vest, he has a pin of purple grapes on his lapel. He has medium slicked back hair, with green eyes that turn violet when he uses his powers

• Abilities: He can transform anything around him into other things such as pillars into snakes though it only goes as far as the area of a room he is in at any given time, he used to be able to do this to humans but by giving up some of his divinity to mingle on earth being mostly human he waved away that ability.

As "Twice Born" can also resurrect himself if his humanly form is rendered inert but the bigger the damage the longer he has to wait before he can return to earth.

• Skills: He also knows a little self defense from his teachings from Chiron and knows how to effectively use grapples.

• Other Information: He enjoys experimenting on certain types of drinks to make them more intoxicating, he also enjoys reading and writing poems, he also hates oppressors as they are too restricting of his revels. He uses DIO as a pen name, a joke that few people get, when mingling with mortals he goes by the name Ryugen Tendou.

Last edited by a moderator:
@TheOdy23

I would prefer an accompanying picture, as well as a height, preferably in metres, in the appearance section.

In what context are DIO and Ryugen Tendou used? Civilian identities? Do specify so somewhere.

For abilities and skills, they might seem a little powerful for the RP. It's mostly me being kind of iffy about outright turning player characters into animals. Not too sure where turning things into animals comes from. Granted, nearly all Olympians an do that in their stories...

So, how did he know the heroes, which I assume refers to the main duo? More importantly, how does he know that Saturn is Cronus? The Olympians don't know, the male lead doesn't know, does he have some sort of power that could make him sense something like 'great vengeance' or 'great rage' inside someone? Can he see through disguises?

While a little broken on the sidelines, something tells me that he could be an entertaining character if executed well.

First and foremost I'd like to apologize, my lack of experience is showing and I should have thought of those things before even started the profile.

As much as I would love to add a Pic, I'm having trouble finding one that fits with how I describe him, but I will make the necessary edits when I find one, which will include the things specified, Tendou is the name he'll use around Tokyo, calling himself by his given name is giving himself away. DIO is a pen name that is written on any notes he makes as a bit of a joke.

The power set is just bad writing, I'd love to use my lack of experience as an excuse but I refuse to shrug off the responsibility, it's just bad writing, though Dionysus has done these things in myths (such as when he was captured by pirates), I should have still thought of limits (which again I should have thought of earlier but I'm just an idiot like that)

As for knowing them, he can feel the inner desires of Cronus in Saturn, and he will gleefully point that out every time they meet, though I will tone it down to him knowing of her darker desires and not make the connection right away.

So with all that I'll get to working on him and he will be edited probably by the time you read this. So to reiterate, I'm an idiot but I'm working on that. So with all that out of the way I will ask this time instead of outright doing it.

Can I write a profile for the Male Lead? I have some ideas but I want don't want to waste space on this forum if you don't want me to.

@TheOdy23

I can help dig a picture for him.

Well, the 'revive' thing, I recall from him reviving into an infant after all but his heart was consumed.

But yeah, your stated limitations sound good.

Go ahead and make the profile for the potential male lead. I'll see how it goes and correct any errors that might be made.

Alright! Made the edits to Dionysus so feel free to critic if bad, I need to learn, also here I go with the MC. Also quick note, this story gives me DIsgaea 2 vibes which I dig.
SpiritRyoMurasame.jpg
"Saturn, I don't give a damn what you were, I'm with you no matter what lies ahead"

• Name: Kotaro Shibusawa
    Affiliation: Saturn's friend
    Motive: To help Saturn until she is able to live on her own, later to help her find out who she is.

• Personality: Kotaro is often loud, hot blooded, crass, and will tell people that rub him the wrong way how he really feels, for his father he would always act tough when the situation asked for it and has a "punch em in the face" mindset for people he doesn't agree with which gets him in trouble constantly, for his mother, he would be outright gentlemanly for any woman regardless of how they act, especially if he feels they need it, though it has its limits to women that are unrepentant in how mean they are to others, he also works surprisingly well with children despite his grumpy demeanor, in his eyes children are treasures, and damaging that treasure is a great offense in his eyes. He is also very self depreciating, knowing that he isn't the brightest person nor the best, he tries to be happy with how boring he is but finds it unbearable at times, trying to be the strongest to compensate, he also hates being called a "hero" or "good guy/man" because of it.

Despite how strange his journey may get, he is surprisingly laid back on some of the more bizarre things that happen, unless they're hostile then he'll worry.

• History: Born to a gentle gardener mother and Yakuza father, Shibusawa lived a life of parallels, whether to toughen up by his dad, or treat everything with gentleness by his mother, Kotaro learned the best of both worlds most his life, it makes him take the Shibusawa name with pride and acts like a thug to back it up, he knows his mother would be disappointed if he became a became a complete jerk so to make her happy he acts like a nice guy in her presence and can't bring himself to be rude to a lady, though he may yell from time to time.

When his father went to jail he was distraught but his father constantly told him this may happen, such is the life of a criminal, but it would be five years, and saddened as he was, he was able to live with it, it was when his mother became ill that he started to worry, without his father being there money would be tight and would focus on his mother's health first and foremost, to help he got himself a small job at a restaurant and was on his way home with medicine in hand before a strange woman fell into his hands, well he almost dropped her, but still this would make a interesting start to strange day already.

• Appearance: Short black hair, auburn eyes, and about 1.5748 meters tall a bit shorter then he would like to be, he wears blue jeans, burgundy converse shoes, a brown leather jacket with the words "Let Me Live" written on the back, with a black t shirt with the word "RX" imprinted on the left side of the chest.

• Abilities & Skills: Basic boxing/judo, nothing spectacular but enough to get him out of scrape.

• Weaponry: Whatever he can pick up at any given time, regardless if it helps or not, (like hitting a bad guy with a chair even if it does nothing to who he hit}

• Other Information: Is a big Tokusatsu fan often being caught doing Henshin poses that he does when he thinks he's alone, will often be caught humming all kinds of music, from Queen to Soul'd Out, he loves to explain what he is humming when asked.

Possible Kamen Rider Reference?

It looks good so far, I'll do a good analysis on this later on. So far, there's nothing to point out, and it looks alright to accept.

Though I have to ask - he does attend school right?

DZBQUvH.png

"Easier said than done, unless you're me~"

• Name: Chimera

Aliases: N/A

Physical Age: 13

Affiliation: Typhon's Faction

Motive: To live happily ever after with her father and family.
  • Chimera can be described as rather child-like in terms of appearance and nature. She loves to drag on and brag on, and can never pass a day without boasting about how she's always right. Hydra describes her as 'annoying but good at heart'. Chimera refuses to do one thing - let anyone down. She cherishes Hydra and will do everything it takes to live up to her sister's expectations.

Chimera loves company, especially from friends and family. She always does her best to cheer others up.
  • The last child of Typhon and Ekhidna, Chimera had always been told tales of the treacherous Olympians. After leaving home, Chimera made her home in Lycia.

One of the most notable battles of Chimera was the battle with Bellerophon as he rode on Pegasus. Ultimately, Chimera was slain. Due to her deity blood, she was not dead for long.

When Chimera woke up, she lost her memory and found herself in a young woman's bare body as a man stood beside her bed. This man was called Daedalus, named after his ancestor, the master craftsman. The mortal raised Chimera and taught her the art of the hammer and the craft, in which she took interest in it.

At some point in her life, Chimera (literally) bumped into someone whom she would soon realise is her oldest sister Hydra, and thus regain her memory from the impact. She then decided to tell Daedalus about it, and he was a little shocked, but then he said that he was pleased to have raised her. With that, she parted ways with the blacksmith and followed her sister.

Eventually, the two found their way to the Eastern lands of Japan. where they would station themselves in order to hide from the Olympians, which they believed would never step foot here.

What they didn't know was that they have, but they were looking for something else...
  • Chimera is 1.37 metres tall and is very petite in size, much like a child. She tends to don a cat-ear hoodie, preferably white and usually with the hood unveiled, and her bottoms are adorned with black short shorts. She also wears white stockings and a pair of black school shoes. Her left hand is occasionally occupied by a goat-like handpuppet she calls 'My other head'.

Her hair is of a brown hue with very light hints of orange, and her eyes are a scarlet red.

Extending from her spine like an is a serpent that seems to function like a monkey's tail. It is prehensile and can bite.

GlEjtuE.png

Her other head, as it is called.
  • She is naturally fireproof, being a beast of flames.

The serpentine tail that protrudes from her spine can launch small embers. It can function as a light source and is prehensile, much like a monkey's tail. She can see through the eyes of this tail. This tail can produce poisonous venom by biting others.

She can also spew flames from her mouth and goat puppet.
  • E3b38Sg.png

Behold, the Chimera's true form.

The youngest of Typhon's brood, the Chimera is a great multi-headed monster that appears to be an unholy amalgamation of beasts. On the front, the heads of a lion and a goat align, side by side. Its forelegs are that of a felid beast, and its hind legs are the hooves are herbivorous ungulates. Its tail is a third head - a fanged, venomous serpent.
    This ferocious fiend is four times the size of its template - a lion.

The Chimera can unleash flames from all three heads present. Each of Chimera's heads possess independence, but think in synch. The lion controls the frontal body while the goat controls the hind, the snake has authority over the tail.
    The felid claws and lion's head can slice many a foe, much like a predator. The goat's horns can ram great warriors to the ground like nothing. The hooves have a very powerful kicking force. The serpentine tail is fanged and possesses venom much like Hydra's.

This would be no problem to deal with eons ago, but now, Chimera's trickery and intellect have been raised to great levels. The Chimera is no mindless beast.

Chimera can essentially view her environment in a 360 degree manner via vision-sharing of her three heads, making it difficult to sneak up on the beast.
  • Chimera has a good deal of technological knowledge, computers, weapons, all that. This stems from prior experience. You could say that such technological knowledge could one day rival that of Haphaestus and Daedalus. Maybe it already is there.

She is a tricky one, one would say, as she can analyse opponents in order conjure strategies. She's the immature yet smarter one in the sisterly duo of Hydra and Chimera, and among all of Typhon's brood, the only one likely to outsmart her is the female Sphinx.
  • The Chimera, being an expert of the crafts, has a good deal of advanced technology and armory.

Her primary weapon is the Chimera Armour, a portable device that transforms into full armour that fits her true form, donned with claws on the limbs.
    Chimera has tricks up her sleeves as she enjoys making low-powered bombs in her free time. They're mostly for distraction, but pack quite a punch. Pretty redundant for a fire-breathing beast, or so you think.

She possesses many other items, but she can't carry all of them at once, obviously.
  • Chimera's favourite food is pizza, particularly four-cheeses flavoured.

Last edited:
Tried going on discord but I missed you so sorry about that.

Also yes a RIder Reference, and he does go to school and does his job on either after school or days off.

Tried going on discord but I missed you so sorry about that.

Also yes a RIder Reference, and he does go to school and does his job on either after school or days off.

Well, just stick around and I'll be on Discord eventually. I was merely offline.

My third player character will be in the same class as Kotaro. I'm thinking a Class Rep... maybe leader of the book club too... what're your thoughts?

Should the school they attend be a joint Middle-High School, so that Saturn can attend it(eventually), or should it solely be a high school?

Well to the first one, I got to say that's interesting, though I guess I got to know what the person's personality would be like to see how Kotaro would react. But I'm down with that.

I think a joint school would keep the plot moving forward with less down time on them meeting after their respective schools are over for the day.

And yeah, I never really had a need for Discord before, so I'm using now and learning that as well, hope to see on there soon.

This character will be named Hydra. She's a very disciplined, calm and respectful person.

She is Chimera's older sister.

She rarely blows her top, and any reprimandings she has are done in a calm, composed civil manner.

I'd say that Kotaro would be neutral to her, as at the start she has no barring on his life or his family, casually brushing off anything she says to him if it good or bad though will try to treat her with respect though he may default to grumpy smartass if she reprimands him, but if she does ask for his help or asks him questions he would just help out or answer without much complaint.

That being said, if she asks about Saturn, he would probably be tight lipped or make a flimsy excuse to get out of it. If she acts cold or cruel he will call her out on it if he finds it unnecessary and will not put up with it if she directs it his way.

Also I'd like to create a Character profile for Heilos and that will probably be the last of the ones I create, what do you think?

Also I'd like to create a Character profile for Heilos and that will probably be the last of the ones I create, what do you think?

A little iffy, seeing that he's a major Titan. What is his motivation for being story-involved?

Still shifting the idea around in the mind, but here is a basic gist while I iron out the details, be forewarned this is early thoughts so they may not be the best. (Though after the upgrade I was able to better think on it)

Helios, at least to me would be a great antivillian to RP, think of him as an Arc Villain that really shows what kind of consequences could arise from our heroes actions of trying to find out who Saturn is, as a watcher of the skies, and as a Titan in league with the Gods, he would be the watchdog that was to insure the Titans would stay in Tartarus, when one escaped he would track the world but find nothing. Until the events of the RP, which he could no longer deny that he notices what's going on and investigate, maybe be the first to start realizing who Saturn is and try to gauge if she is friend or foe as he can sympathize with being against the Titans but if she is a threat he will eliminate.

I think he would be a good test to see how far the heroes have come from the start and I envision as not the end game but a big drive and a first major big bad to a possible story arc of asking what Saturn fights for "A peaceful modern age or a new golden age?".

I suppose some sort of watchdog is a good idea. Him leaving his post also makes for a good Titan escape arc, seeing that Kerberos and presumably Hades have left their posts too.

Susanoo, Lucifer and others might be a little too occupied with their own sectors of the Underworld to handle Tartarus.

Helios sounds pretty fun. What else do you have in mind for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.