Power is Slavery [CLOSED]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Welcome! You have been invited by kiro to join our community. Please click here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Useful
Reactions: RaineSensei
Human
Name
"I prefer to be called James, thank you."
Frederick James Chandler

Orientation
heterosexual

Appearance
full

Personality
"Time is money, people!"
James is not necessarily the kindest person you will ever meet. He is rather impatient. For him, time is of the essence. Wasted time is unacceptable. He holds this standard for everyone: his family, his employees, and his slaves. Especially his slaves, actually. From an outside perspective, James may appear to be harsh and temperamental, but he protects those placed into his care. He makes sure all his slaves are well-fed and well-dressed. He will not accept anything less than the best for them, even though they may believe that he is one of the more cruel masters.

Biography
Being born into the uptight and excessively wealthy Chandler family made it easy for James to become a bit of a snob in his early years. He believed wholeheartedly that he deserved everything he was given, even though he had never worked a day in his life. That's how he used to think. When his sister died, his entire personality underwent an extreme change. He flipped 180 degrees and decided that life was actually precious; someone could die in the blink of an eye. However, that did not mean he was going to give up having slaves. No, of course not! Being the CEO of the multi-billion dollar company called The Chandler Group means that he has no time for housework.

Class
Extremely Wealthy Upper Class

Super-Human

Name
"Dani. Just Dani."
Danielle Green

female

Orientation

bisexual

Appearance

eyeshadow-for-green-eyes-black-hair.jpg

Personality

"Why do you feel the need to ask?"
Dani is the strong and silent type of person. She doesn't talk much unless directly addressed, but she is not anything close to submissive. She absolutely hates being a slave, and she does everything she can to resist what her master commands her to do (even if this results in a lashing or other form of punishment). She's not entirely patient in nature, but she's not impatient, either. Her anger comes slowly but powerfully, so it is probably best that you don't make her angry. What most people don't realize is that the quiet slave is usually the most dangerous.
On another note, Dani is fiercely loyal to the people she cares about. She will do anything and everything to ensure their safety and well-being. Anyone who threatens those people will surely face her wrath.

Biography

Dani was born into a family of nine children with four older brothers and four older sisters. Life was hard, but they worked together to survive. In fact, you could even say they were content and happy.
Until one fateful day.
Dani and her siblings were walking home from school. It was just like any other day, and they were even on the safer part of the lower city. They were one block away from home when the gunfire started. An all-out gang war commenced, and the Green children ran for their lives. It was no use. One by one, Dani watched as her siblings fell. Her older sister Grace told her to keep running, taking her hand. Dani thought they would be okay until her sister dropped with a scream. She'd been shot in the stomach, but she didn't die immediately. Dani, who was only six years old, watched as Grace died. Grace had been like a second mother to her. Anger swelled within Dani, as well as fear and a great sadness. She felt something overwhelm her--a power she did not understand. Her vision blurred, and she lost control of her own thoughts. Something, or someone, told her to kill them all. To punish them for what they had done. And she did. The power she released decimated the area around her for two miles. The buildings collapsed, and hundreds of people died...including her parents. When the deed was done, the power seemed to leave her, and her six year old mind could not comprehend the complete destruction that had occurred around her. Police came and drugged her, putting her into a medically-induced coma. For two years, officials and citizens debated as to what should be done. Many wanted to see her killed; others saw an opportunity for a future weapon. Still others believed she deserved a chance to live. After two years of debate, it was decided that she would be treated as any other slave. They brought her out of the coma and collared her. The collar was made specially for her power. It is able to sense the energy and immediately puts her into a coma if she tries to use it.

Class Before Slavery

Poor

Power

Nega-Ergokinesis: the power to create and manipulate "dark energy"
Someone with this power can "create" (i.e. draw it from an inter-dimensional source) dark energy (i.e. the hypothetical energy that permeates through space) and manipulate. It can be manipulated into a solid, liquid, or gaseous form. Many confuse this power with shadow manipulation. Shadow manipulation deals with the darkness created by an absence of light. Dark energy is much more powerful and destructive. Its force is often fatal. For Dani, she can use this energy as a forcefield defensively or as a powerful weapon offensively. She can trap people in dark energy and use it to literally suck the life out of them, or she can simply strike them with the dark energy and subsequently kill them. Because she draws the energy from an inter-dimensional source, she can store various tools and items within it. A very useful perk.
However, as said before, this power is very destructive. Because of this, it is hinged on emotions. Any sort of emotion causes Dani to lose any sort of control over her power. When this happens, she becomes "possessed." Her eyes and her veins become black, and she cannot distinguish the difference between friend or foe. She will attack any and all who come near her. When this happens, a complete absence of light occurs.
Her collar is equipped to drug her if she ever uses her power. While some collars allow slaves to use their power to a small extent, hers does not. She's considered so dangerous that she cannot be allowed to use it at all.

Power Strength

Last edited:
@Ananfal Of course there is! Besides, I just made it an odd number. :D

@Ananfal If you would create both, that would be great. :)

Yes! Will do, just give me a few minutes (dealing with some RL issues).

Might try to get some quick character sheets up before this starts, if I manage to find the time, as this is a very busy week for me!
I've been watching this since the beginning, but with how spotty you were being there for a while I had pretty much given up on this RP.
It seems like you're more around now though, and my interest has returned.

Already have ideas for my characters, though, I'll need to think of a power for my super human.
I was planning on making them able to create illusions and such, but rereading I've realized @Clear character pretty much already does that.

So, yeah, might be joining. D:

@Cwolf0615
If you need more time for your character sheets, I'll be willing to work something out for you if you can at least give me the more general information (including information on your super-human's power) by Wednesday. That way I can work them into master/slave pairings. :)

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
@Cwolf0615
If you need more time for your character sheets, I'll be willing to work something out for you if you can at least give me the more general information (including information on your super-human's power) by Wednesday. That way I can work them into master/slave pairings. :)
Alright! Thank you!
I'll try to have a CS up tomorrow or so, it's just been really busy as of late.
I actually had plans for the weekend that just passed for once, and this week I have to prepare for a trip in addition to my normal responsibilities.
Life wanted to make sure I didn't get bored in my first week after school ended, I guess. :P

I'm still here :D although, I won't be able to touch a pc 'til the end of the month :x

Okay, these are the current pairings. They are subject to change without notice, so please keep an eye on this list. I will repost it shortly before I post the IC on Wednesday.

Jack – Kari
Tulip – Nine
Eileen – Danielle
Charlie – Fera
Jess – Okami
James – Sylus
Sage – Hamish
Samantha – Adisa
Christi – Jan
Celeste – Sabah
Alexandria – Aaron
Aiko – Lucifer
Christina – Parker
Dana – Elise

IF I HAVE MISSED ANY CHARACTERS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP. If other characters are posted before Wednesday, this list will be rearranged. But, for now, expect the pairing you see above to remain the same because that is the most likely scenario.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Eon and RaineSensei
Also, I have thought about getting a co-GM, and I have decided to acquire one. I will decide who to appoint as co-GM after roleplaying begins, so I can get a feel for how effective everyone is at being able to drive a plot without the main driver (a.k.a. me).

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO CO-GM/WILL BE UNABLE TO DO SO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW BEFOREHAND.
I can drive a bus
the bus is a plot now...

• Love
Reactions: RaineSensei
is it some sort of god now

OH
WE SHOULD CREATE A RELIGION FOR THIS RP
We should call it...
Buslandishamistianinduddhismijudai
Involves:
Buslandi
Isla
mic
Christianity
Hindu
Buddhism
Juda
ism

Also I'll make another character if someone wants to join but it isnt even

is it some sort of god now

OH
WE SHOULD CREATE A RELIGION FOR THIS RP
We should call it...
Buslandishamistianinduddhismijudai
Involves:
Buslandi
Isla
mic
Christianity
Hindu
Buddhism
Juda
ism
No. Get out, you just killed the joke.

No. Get out, you just killed the joke.
If something is going out of those barriers, uncomrehendable to human thinking, then...
;-; SHUT UP.
I TRIED MY HARDEST
Also I don't get jokes because I'm a loner who doesn't have a sense of humor.
But we really should for slaves/owners to turn to. Maybe they thank their god for a good utopia, living this far, having a good master, or salvation because of a mean master...

I'm not in this, but someone can take my characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.