Power is Slavery [CLOSED]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a fairwell present, @Dip
It's like two in the morning where I live right now, and everyone is sleeping. I'm supposed to be being quiet, but NOOO, you have to post this and force me to choke on my own laughter.
THANKS A LOT MAN >:I

Why does every one appear when I'm in sleep?

Also aren't there collars that stop powers of slaves?

Last edited:
Human

Name:
Aiko Tsuki

Age (15-54):

Orientation:
Bisexual

Appearance (pics allowed):
blue hair crows.jpg
Personality:
Aiko appears to be cold to everyone who doesn't know him, but in fact he is warm and welcoming to everyone - unless they get on his bad side. He forgives rather easily, but there are lines and if you cross them, he will never forgive you. He doesn't believe in slavery, and hates the fact that it exists, but knows he can't do anything about it so instead comforts himself with the fact that he treats his slaves much better than others. It's not enough, but it's all he can do so he does it.

Biography:
Aiko had a regular childhood , sort of. He didn't have many friends his own age, instead preferring to hang out with younger children and be a 'big brother' figure to them. That's how he got his caring personality. However, he also had to learn to be tough and harsh when dealing with business, as he was going to inherit his father's chain of stores one day. His father is still alive for the moment, so there isn't any pressure to start working at the moment, but in preparation his father got him a slave for his 21st birthday to practice ordering about.

Class:
Upper Middle Class

Other Information:
He loves animals and plants, and has a garden along with several pets.

Super-Human

Name:
Fera Wyllt

Age (10-54):

Orientation:
Bisexual

Appearance (pics allowed):
clouds-touhou-weapons-blue-hair-red-eyes-anime-hinanawi-tenshi-anime-girls-1535x958-wallpaper_www.wallpaperno.com_24.jpg

Personality:
Fera is reckless and impulsive, but has a good sense of humor and knows how to have a good time. She's always up for a fight, but jokes around the entire time. She finds better friends in animals than people, but that doesn't mean she won't go out for a drink every now and again with a few human companions. It's hard for her to be still and quiet unless she's hunting - and when she is, she acts completely different. Fera on the hunt is a scary thing to see. Almost like an animal herself.

Biography:
Fera actually grew up in the woods, in the wild. She was taken care of by the animals, learned to talk and act human from observing people from the shadows as they walked in the woods. She hasn't learned everything about human culture yet, but she has learned that super-humans aren't well liked - as shown by her new-found slave status.

Class (before slavery):
Wild?

Power (include the weaknesses of this power):
Fera can speak to and control the animals of the wild. Any animals that isn't domesticated will listen to her when she commands them. She can speak to domesticated animals, but since they have been around humans, they will not follow her commands unless they wish to. This power requires a lot of concentration so to break her link with the animals, distract her with loud sudden sounds or sudden pain. She doesn't like to force the animals, however, so sometimes even though she asks for help, they won't.

Power Strength (1-95):

Other Information:
She likes animals. Duh.

I'm still up for this! Sorry I went to sleep and my schedules a little wonky but I'm still in this darn it!

@Honey Yes, all slaves with a strength 50 or above will have collars to limit their powers. Most slave owners will choose to collar their slaves even if they are below 50 just to be safe.

@Ananfal Accepted! I will integrate your characters into the master/slave list.

The more Okami transforms himself into an animal, does that give Fera control over him?

The more Okami transforms himself into an animal, does that give Fera control over him?
First of all, his power isn't at that level yet. He can fuse his cells and get claws and fangs or roots and stuff. But he will always be im control.

First of all, his power isn't at that level yet. He can fuse his cells and get claws and fangs or roots and stuff. But he will always be im control.
I just thought it was interesting, but you're right, it's something different entirely. My bad!

Glad we got that out of the way before the RP started.

Human
Name:
Dana Chirila Gole

Orientation:
Heterosexual

Appearance:
portrait_by_elementik-d59sz34.jpg

Personality:
Dana is a strict, strong-willed woman, who refuses to back down. She demands the utmost of respect from others, whether they be friends, family, or slaves. She is a very convincing woman, who has becomes skilled in negotiation and manipulation over the years - though she generally tries to keep everything fair, in order with her upbringing. Though she could not be described as cruel, persay, she holds high expectations for others and rarely shows compassion - feeling that, as a single mother and sole owner of an affluent business in this world, she cannot have others viewing her as weak. She is constantly striving to further the interests of herself, her three small children, and the affluent business she runs. She has a hatred for being unoccupied, and seems somewhat incapable of relaxing, as she is constantly running about or busying herself with some sort of work. Many would describe her as intimidating, not only in personality, but in looks; She near constantly sports a rather stern expression, which rarely softens for anyone but her children, who - despite her somewhat standoffish attitude towards - she loves dearly and would not hesitate to give her own life to protect.

Biography:
The youngest of two children born into one of the very few families that could be described as 'middle class', Dana learned responsibility early on in life. Her parents, who ran their own small business, worked hard to instill good values into their children - teaching them not only how to grow a business and manage their own lives, but how to respect others, and, in turn, gain the respect of others. They were expected to do the best in school, not only by their parents, but by themselves, and worked hard to achieve near perfect marks. Manners were everything in their home, and the children were taught to display their anger and malice against others with words seasoned with salt and masked in politeness.

When the children reached adulthood, Dana's older brother went into the family business, which - as the first-born in the family - he would soon inherit. She continued her studies, moving on to higher education, and started a family shortly after her schooling was completed.

She was married to an upper-class man by the name of William Gole, and they had their first child within a year or two of their wedding day. The Gole family, though not particularly wealthy at the time of Dana's marriage, was quickly up and coming - as William had begun what was deemed to be one of the next big businesses. The couple acted strangely cold towards each other in public, rarely showing affection, or exchanging kind words - which caused many to believe Dana had married William only for his money, and that their marriage was an unhappy one. However, despite their actions in public, and the fact that Dana did admittedly feel William was a bit dull, the two actually shared a rather close relationship - and while their marriage was lacking the passion that would cause them to be described as 'madly in love', the two cared for each other deeply, and never once regretted their decision to wed.

Roughly two years after the birth of their third, and final, child, William fell ill and died. Though his death came as quite the blow to Dana, to the outside world she barely seemed to care about his death, and continued on as if nothing had happened - making the necessary adjustments to her life, and displaying no grief. It's been about two years since the tragedy, and since then Dana has been running her late husbands business and caring for her children with little to no assistance from anyone other than her slaves.

Class:
Upper Class

Other Information:
Dana is the single mother of three children:
Scarlett, female, age 9
[spoili]
emilia_is_happy_by_elementik-d4git4r.jpg

[/spoili]

Dmitri, male, age 7
[spoili]
hello__my_name_is_trouble_by_miss_deathwish.png

[/spoili]

Mikel, male, age 4
[spoili]
a_dream_by_husam2012-d5tw5p6.jpg

[/spoili]

Super-Human
Name:
Parker

Orientation:
Unsure

Appearance:
girly_boy_by_lollypopjassymoo.jpg

Personality:
Parker is a generally headstrong child, who - once he has a particular idea set in his mind - is very difficult to stop. Simple things, such as punishment, are unable to deter him from his goals - whether these goals be fulfilling a duty he was given, or refusing to do something his master has told him to do. However, as true as this is, the opposite is also true in that, when one learns the right way to push his buttons, Parker can be incredibly easy to manipulate.

It's not that he's a malleable or weak-willed individual so much as that he is naive, and easily tricked. Charming him is simple, and if one can figure out how to effectively trick the boy he can be twirled around their finger with relative ease. In such cases his convictions are thrown aside, and the boy can be easily misled to believe that something extremely morally questionable is not only okay, but the right thing to do.

One of Parker's greatest strengths is his apparent innocence. A small, girlish looking, and somewhat scrawny boy, one wouldn't expect Parker to be at all devilish or have any sort of unsavory intentions. Indeed, when Parker isn't acting defiant, he's generally on the quieter side. However, as misleading as this may seem, the boy is actually a rather calculating individual. Even when acting perfectly sweet and obedient, he is constantly on the lookout for things he can use against people, and ways he can hurt others.

His slavery has left him feeling greatly alone, and entirely frustrated with the society he lives in. He longs for the days before his power was discovered, the days when he was with his family, and free to do what he pleased. Though he has learned to control his emotions to a point, he is still nothing more than a young child who was ripped away from everything he once knew, and there are times when the resentment and negative emotions over his situation get the better of him.

Biography:
Parker, formerly known as Parker Voigt, was the second child born to a lower class family of six. For the family, life was a daily struggle, and never a day went by where someone wasn't complaining of hunger. Despite all this, however, the family was very close - and many members even would have described themselves as happy.

Every day Parker's parents, as well as his older brother, went off to work - while Parker himself stayed home to care for his two younger sisters. The three youngest siblings were particularly close, and rarely seen apart.

Parker was eight when his power first became apparent. He picked up a book to read to the two young girls in his care, and was shocked to find, that despite the fact he'd never before read or heard of the book, he knew the entire story - as if he had already read it. His younger sisters were thrilled with this newfound skill their older brother had, and quickly began urging him to try the skill out on other things. This excitement was quickly killed, however, as the rest of the family went into near hysterics as soon as they learned.

Terrified by the idea of their son/brother being taken away from them, they tried everything they could to keep him from being found out. Unfortunately though, as could be expected, the power was picked up at his mandatory screening at age 10.

He was quickly forced into slavery, and has resented his society ever since, for taking him away from his family - and especially his beloved little sisters. He greatly hopes that he will one day be able to find his way back to them, but until then he has stopped using his last name, as he feels him being a slave is a disgrace to them, and he wouldn't want to further tarnish his family's reputation.

Class (before slavery):
Lower Class

Power (include the weaknesses of this power):
Parker possesses the ability to quickly take in knowledge, through the use of touch. (He must touch the object with his hand, as this is the area of his body that has the most touch receptors.) When touching something such as a book, DVD, or CD, he is able to quickly experience all that is held within - without ever actually reading, watching, or listening to the item.

He is able to do something similar with humans. When Parker comes into skin-to-skin contact with another person, he is able to 'read' some of their recent memories. This is not mind-reading, persay, as he is not able to know anything that the person is thinking - presently, or in the past. Rather, he is able to experience what the other person experienced - seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, and feeling what the other person did. Though Parker is capable of going as far back in a person's memories as he prefers, he generally gets no further than the memories from the previous day, as he cannot pick and choose memories, but rather must experience all memories in reverse chronological order (starting with most recent, ending with earliest), and would become physically ill if he tried to go back much farther.

He is not only able to experience the memories of others, though, he is also able to cause others to experience his own memories - again, through the use of touch. This, however, takes considerable effort on Parker's part. In theory, Parker should also be able to cause others to not only experience his own memories, but the memories of others that he himself has experienced, and even illusions he has imagined up. Because this particular aspect of his ability is something he is lacking in skill, though, he has never really attempted it - as he fears it would cause himself too much damage.

There are limits to Parker's ability, as well, which I will detail here. One such limit is that, while Parker is able to quickly and easily take in knowledge, this does not mean he will always understand the knowledge he has taken in. For instance, if he were to pick up a scientific journal on something difficult, such as quantum physics, while he would be able to recite parts of the journal word for word, he would not understand anything he was saying. After all, he is a young teenager with a unique ability, not a college professor or super genius.

Another weakness is that, while Parker's brain is equipped to take in more stimuli than a normal brain, it still has it's limits. If Parker takes in too much knowledge in too short a time, he will become physically ill. If he pushes himself too far, it not only causes him extreme pain, it could also cause lasting damage, or even death.

Lastly, Parker is unable to control when he uses his power. Any time he touches something with his hand he will be forced to take in the knowledge contained within the object/person he is touching, whether he wants to or not. For instance, if his hand was forcibly held against a person, he would continue to take in their memories until he became too ill for his body to function properly.

Power Strength (1-95):

Other Information:
Due to his ability, Parker learns languages with ease, and is multilingual - currently speaking English, Spanish, German, French, Mandarin, and Hindi.

Because Parker is unable to control his power, he always is either wearing a pair of gloves, or has a pair of gloves with him, to avoid accidentally taking in information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've updated the list to compensate for the new characters. @Cwolf0615 I will implement your characters as soon as I have enough info on your super-human. :)

I've updated the list to compensate for the new characters. @Cwolf0615 I will implement your characters as soon as I have enough info on your super-human. :)
I love the Fera- Charlie pairing! Not so sure about Luci (lucifer) though. But I can see how you got there. This is going to be fun!

Okay, I'm going to try and have it up soon, but right now I must go play with my little brother!
I might just PM you my idea for a power real quick to see what you think.

I am still in this!

Okay, these are the current pairings. They are subject to change without notice, so please keep an eye on this list. I will repost it shortly before I post the IC on Wednesday.

Jack – Elise
Tulip – Nine
Eileen – Danielle
Charlie – Fera
Jess – Okami
James – Sylus
Sage – Hamish
Samantha – Adisa
Christi – Jan
Celeste – Sabah
Alexandria – Aaron
Aiko – Lucifer

IF I HAVE MISSED ANY CHARACTERS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP. If other characters are posted before Wednesday, this list will be rearranged. But, for now, expect the pairing you see above to remain the same because that is the most likely scenario.

Me. I got missed.

@Eon Aaron is in there! :)

Human
Name
Christina Worthington

Orientation
heterosexual

Appearance
download

Personality
Christina is a woman that knows what she wants when she wants it. Her determination is almost unmatched. She will do whatever it takes to succeed, even if that means burning a few people along the way. This is her on the inside, however. From an outward perspective, people would describe her as overly flirtatious, flighty, and a bit dense. She is nothing of the sort. There is a rhyme and a reason behind every single thing that she does, and only people that are close to her know it. She does not tolerate disobedience from her servants, employees, or slaves. She has worked hard for her position, and she intends to keep it.

Biography
Christina grew up in a middle class family. They had enough money to fend for themselves with a few extra luxuries on the side. Some might call it the perfect little family. She would never. From a young age, she despised her position in society. She watched as the "upper class" got everything handed to them. Most had inherited their fortunes; she had inherited nothing. When she was a teenager, she resolved to be anything but her parents. They were content to be "middle class." She was not.
As she approached "college age," she was quickly becoming what some might call a "fashion genius." If there was one thing she loved more than power and wealth, it was fashion. She knew how to set trends, and she knew how to sell a product. So, at age 19, she used the money she'd been saving since she was eight years old to open up her own fashion design company. To the outside world, it appeared that the company just sprouted from thin air as one of the most successful companies in the city. In reality, it took three years, and Christina does not regret the things she did to build up her business. Now, at age 32, she is considered the fashion mogul. Anyone who is anyone wants to own her line of clothing. Her fashion line ranges from bold and daring to simple and elegant. When it comes to fashion, she runs the show.

Class
Wealthy Upper Class​

Status
Not open for further replies.