Powder blue

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles stared blankly into empty, silent space. He tapped his fingers onto his stack of papers and shook his legs frantically.

Anna was still angry as she walked towards the stairs. She was shaking and her face was red with rage. Tear welled in her eyes, she failed. She can't help him, and for gods sake she can barely help herself.

The building was closing and it was just her and him. " sorry I'm putting you through all this."

"You're sorry?" She laughed emptily, "You don't have a reason. I do though. I should be sorry, I am sorry. So sorry." She couldn't look him in the eyes so she stared at the old carpet that covered the floor.

"What are you sorry for?" Charles asked as he decided in his head to sleep here for the night.

"I shouldn't have taken that stupid case. You wouldn't have been involved if I just said no.." she mumbles.

"It's my fault I even let it fly about... Want to go to a bar?" He said. Charles wanted to drain everything.

"Of course I do." He said flatly. Charles got out of his seat, stretching a bit. "I don't want to see other people... Let's just buy some drinks at the super market."

"Deal." She mumbles and grabs her bag, walking towards the stairs.

They got to the supermarket.
"I'm getting whiskey and some absinthe... What are you getting?"

"Marshmallow vodka and a little Budweiser." she says grabbing a bottle and six pack.

"Heh...marshmallow" he chuckled. It was very childish, but it wasn't better than what he was drinking.they paid for the drinks. Charles life's up the paper bag covered whisky and started to take swigs.

"Are we going back to the office?" She asked holding her back of alcohol.

"Sure, yeah." He said, now gulping the drink.

She opened the office door for him, and walking in after him. She set down her bag and pulled out her vodka. She struggled, but got it open and drank it straight.

Charles wondered around the office, knocking a few papers over as he went. He sat down on the floor next to her.
" so... What's your life story?" He laughed as he took another gulp.

"I uh, I'm pretty normal." she mumbles and takes a huge swig, "Two parents no siblings, just normal." She shrugs and takes another drink. "What about you?"

"One mom, one brother and I went to college. I studied art history for a year and went to London to drop out of college. Then I traveled here." Charles said. "I was a mortician for a month, surprisingly." He laughed.

"You studied art history and you're workin here?" she asked taking another gulp and looking around at the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.