Powder blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What about the whole dancing thing?" He asked as he finished eating his pizza.

"What do you mean?" She asked as the waitress replaced her empty glass with a full one. "I don't dance publicly. I never have." She took another sip.

"You're good at it." He smiled. He then gulped down his beer.

"I wonder if the law firm is hiring. I wouldn't mind being a secretary again." Anna says and taps her chin.

"Go ahead. It's not like the job you have now is going to pay." He laughed while getting up. " I got to get home..."

She glanced at the clock, her eyes slightly widening. "Oh god me too." She quickly placed a couple of bills on the table to cover her meal and grabbed her bag.

Charles walked lazily out of the place, the beer taking its toll. We'll, the three beers and a martini.

Anna yawned and grabbed her bag. She glanced at the clock again. She rubbed her eyes and left the building. She's never out this late. Anna readjusted her bag and walked down the street.

The next day, Charles' workplace was busier than ever. People were on the telephone, people were arguing yet everything was at a steady pace.

Anna rolled out of bed. SHe was late. Not that it mattered. Her boss was dead. She got the call at 3 am. Out of a job and tired. She decided she would stay in today. Read a little, maybe go down to the Y. She yawned and brewed some tea. She flopped down on her couch, brown hair sprawled out everywhere.

"So... You coming to the party tonight?" Maxwell prowled over Charles' desk.
" yeah, I have nothing better to do anyway."

Anna finished her little cup of tea and reluctantly stood. She hasn't gone dancing in a few days. She scooped up her gym bag, slipped on a dress and some shoes and flew out the door. She tied her hair up, since she didn't brush it and walked towards the Y. The sun burned her eyes and she squinted her whole walk.

Charles went to the party and maxwell took 'advantage' of him. Charles was drowsy with alcohol and pure loud music that he forgot everything that he did. All that charles could remember was maxwell coaxing him.
The next day, charles sat watching the ballet dancers practice, letting it calm him.

When Anna got to the Y, she saw all the rooms were filled with ballet dancers. She guessed another try-out was in town. She looked through the window on the door and watched the dance. They were very good. She sighed and spun around to leave. She wondered how that guy Charles was, and how she was going to get a new job.

"Hey Anna," charles breathed out, clearly tired and sick.

"Hi- oh my god Charles you look terrible." Anna says walking over to him, "What happened? Why are you out here? You need rest!" Anna exclaimed, looking at him.

"Just a hangover." He said. Obviously maxwell slipped something into his drink.

"Are you sure its just a hangover? No offense but you look terrible." She mumbles, examining him.

Charles fought back tears and swallowed a lump in his throat.
"I swear, I'm fine."

"Charles..." she trailed off shaking her head, knowing that he wasn't going to tell her anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.