Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah, I guess I am pretty lucky, In the regard. Pyroar is way too big to sit on someone." She said as someone came over with their coffee and informed them their food would be ready soon. Jodi smiled and thanks he before she walked off.

"I know. Hurts a lot. I try not to anger him." she said, shrugging sheepishly, taking a sip of her coffee and making a satisfied noise. She really did like coffee. "So, I believe it's your turn to ask a question."

Jodi took a small sip of her coffee, it still being too hot for her to really drink, and set it back on the table. "How about... favorite childhood memory?"

Her expression darkened for just a moment, quickly switching to a slight frown. "I'll pass on that one, sadly. Sorry about that. What about you? Siblings, fun family?" She figured it was safe to ask those, if she was comfortable mentioning childhood.

Jodi flinched at Dominique's quick change of expression. She frowned, quickly realizing she asked the wrong question, and took another small sip of her coffee. "Um, No siblings, but my parents are pretty cool. They work in the research lab in Lumiose City..." She said quietly, feeling bad about bringing up an uncomfortable topic.

Domi noticed her change in reaction, and internally winced. Damn, she hasn't meant to do that. So she quickly brightened her tone a little, as if to say it was OK. "What kind of research?" It also helped that the idea of her parents doing research sounded interesting, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh, uh." Her smile returned to her as Dominique's tone seemed to become lighter, but she still felt bad. "Pokemon research, of course. I think they were researching mega evolution when I left Lumiose."

Someone dropped their food off at their table, and Domi thanked them quickly before turning back to the topic. 'That's pretty amazing! That's actually what I want to do when I finish with being a trainer and everything. Research Pokemon, find new kinds, figure out how all these things work! Its pretty neat that your parents do it, heh." She said, before taking another sip of her coffee and a bite of her eggs. Oh, yummy.

Jodi smiled to the cafe worker who brought them their food and thanked them quietly. She grabbed her fork and took a bite of the egg, washing it down with her coffee. "Wow really? That's awesome! The research facility back home is pretty cool. I liked going into work with my parents sometimes. I got to meet the professors and see what kind of research they were working on."

"Lucky! I didn't get to do any of that for a long while. Heh. Sneak peaks at all the research. So, whose turn is it with the questions? I lost track again." She said with a grin, finishing off her coffee. She might get more of that, it tasted great.

"Erm, it's your turn I think." She said after a few seconds of backtracking. She continued to eat as she waited for a question to come her way, slightly curious about what she'd ask next.

Dominique tried to think of a question that wouldn't seem completely out of the blue, but not a single regular question seemed to come to mind. She settled for the most normal of the bunch there. "Doooo you sing? Or have a favorite song? Whichever you want to answer, I guess."

"Ooh, good question. Favorite song is kind of hard but... Yeah, I sing a little bit. I'm nothing great but I guess I'm not bad at it either." She said with a shrug before she finished her eggs with a satisfied smile.

"Better than me, at least. I can sing a little bit, but not loud or anything. Most I can manage is a lullaby." She said with a chuckle. She had finished her eggs by now, and was almost done with her bacon.

Jodi smiled softly as she chomped down a piece of bacon and washed it down with the rest of her coffee. "So what about you? Do you have a favorite song?"

"Not really. I love music, but can never think of a particular song I like more than others." She said, finishing off her breakfast completely. Yum. "I am officially completely out of questions. I am terrible at this game. Even if I suggested it."

Jodi smiled at that and nodded. "Yeah, I've pretty much stripped my mind off questions as well." She said finishing up the last of her bacon.

"In school, instead of learning how to find X they should teach us to ask questions. It sounds so much nicer." she said with a chuckle, standing up. Vanillite was quick to float up again quickly at seeing Dominique do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.