Pokemon: The Rise of Shadow | OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RestlessComfort

Original poster
  1. Welcome to the wonderful World of Pokemon!

You and your group have finally done it! You fought your way through the 8 gym leaders of the Sinnoh region and gave it your best shot in the Pokemon League Tournament! Whether you did a great job and put up a good fight, or fell flat on your face after losing your first battle, the journey and people you met along the way will always hold a special place in your heart.

With the satisfaction and pride of conquering Sinnoh fresh on your minds, you and your group decide to take a little time to yourselves and relax before deciding where to go next.

Unfortunately, your R&R is cut short as you catch wind of a mysterious Pokemon festival taking place next week in the next region over: Unova

It is said that the festival will have a great deal of food, games, and contests for every type of Pokemon lover. So whether your a trainer looking to compete in a tournament, or you just want to grab a bite to eat and meet some new people, this festival has something for everyone!

Needless to say, It took little time for you and your group to decide to set off in search for this mysterious festival.

As you and your group begin to gather their things, a feeling of danger and uneasiness settles over you -- almost as though you aren't meant to ever step foot into this new region. The feeling lasts for only a moment, then dissipates. You aren't sure, but whatever that feeling was, it wasn't gonna stop you from getting to the festival and moving on to conquer yet another region!

wpid-logo_render-png192cb68e-c559-485d-b2a5-5b5c8956c762larger1.jpg

Some Rules and Regualtions

1. This is going to be a fun, yet serious Roleplay. That being said, it is very hard to continue a Roleplay when you have those who only post a couple sentences or only post once in a great while. Just stay active and post good, quality responses. Your responses don't have to be painfully long, but make them a decent length. A paragraph, 4-7 sentences long, is the minimum requirement

2. Almost any Pokemon, from Gen V or before, is allowed. The only Pokemon that aren't allowed to be owned or used are Legendary, Mythical, and Mega-Evolved Pokemon.

3. You are allowed to have the same Pokemon that someone else has, but make sure they differ in personality! Two identical Pokemon trained separately are boring. Make your Pokemon unique! They are characters too.

4. You have the choice whether to walk with your Pokemon or keep them in their respective balls. I personally prefer to walk with my Pokemon, but that decision is yours!

5. I want the Roleplayers to have some hand in the story design, but I make the final decisions, and I also have the last say.

6. There will most likely be sexual content and mature language only fit for those that are 18 and older (hence this Roleplay being under libertine.) There are no restrictions on this. Just be mature and tasteful if you chose to take a post or encounter in that direction.

7. This is a Roleplay that does have some ties to reality. You and your Pokemon are not superhuman or unbeatable. A Roleplay can get very boring, and sometimes frustrating, if there is someone who thinks they are a god and aren't able to be defeated. Obviously if your Charizard goes up against Mew 2, more times then not, your gonna get your ass kicked. Be sensible in the situations your presented with be and open to defeat. Sometimes, being beaten can add a really cool spin to a character or Roleplay as a whole.

Everything else you already know, such as god-modding and all that. Hope you have fun and welcome to the Roleplay! :)​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: mango
I been dealing with a lot of crap that had to do with a RP, that put a lot of stress and anxiety on me, which had me breakdown into depression. I hate being the person who gets hurt in the end. The people who were unfair and were not just, are the ones getting away with me being hurt in the end. I am the only one who sits there and cannot sleep, because of anxiety and hating myself for the way things went down.

It takes away all my motivation. Makes me feel like a terrible person. And it makes me question or consider am I even good enough for this any more. Am I good enough to be a RPr. Do I belong?

A question I ask myself with my crippling social anxiety that makes me question those question outside in real life. I shouldn't have to ask those questions on something I want to enjoy and love doing. But when someone is chokeholding and strangeholding what I hold dear and pride myself of most. In the end it breaks me down as a human being.
There is nothing to do for lost inspiration, I find it is the hardest thing to recover from emotionally, especially if it is an exciting one. I think this is the cause for most of your grief, people who are unfair eventually become a glance of acceptance from anyone with anxiety, what really hurts is that they stole something from you, something that is important to you. The pain you feel is unjust to you, why would they do this? They make you question whether or not you belong?
Fuck that.
It doesn't matter whether or not you belong here, you are here, god damn it! You have something to bring, the real injustice is that they're trying to take that and it riles me up! But inspiration is a growing thing that can burst quite beautifully, and if I can recover from the worst of anxiety attacks (even if they were in a hospital) then anyone can with the right support.
We are still here.

Sorry for my absence as of late, My bearded Dragon, Al, is quite ill because his cage has been in poor shape. I've been working almost nonstop to build him a new one since I can't afford to outright buy one. I have graduation tomorrow but after that I'm going to be swamped with working on it because he really cant go much longer without it, so unfortunately I will most likely not be around to post until Monday. Still, the IC isn't dead, just sleeping, anyone can post on it for now and soon (preferably within a week or two) we can finally be on our way to Unova. Sorry for the inconvenience guys, this isn't the first time life and I have fought, but it still hits hard.

Its okay!

I hope your lil buddy gets better! :D
Thanks, he's become a bit more active since I've fixed the current cage up and I'll be mfinished with the new one soon enough so I don't have to worry about him dying anymore. The RP can now properly resume if everyone is finding themselves a bit more comfortable!

Reactions: RestlessComfort
Thanks, he's become a bit more active since I've fixed the current cage up and I'll be mfinished with the new one soon enough so I don't have to worry about him dying anymore. The RP can now properly resume if everyone is finding themselves a bit more comfortable!

Yes, I'm fine ish now. I mean it's the same old dark me, but with a little bit more optimism, you know dark optimism.

So uuhh...

... I'm setting up another Pokemon RP. You guys up for waiting or shall we Pokeman soon?

I'm simply waiting for more posts, but I'm more than willing to jump into @Crow's RP. I miss you guys as well.

Well, we do need to vent our giggities onto something to soothe the senses while the GM breathes in and out.

Adulthood sure gets busy.

Well, we do need to vent our giggities onto something to soothe the senses while the GM breathes in and out.

Adulthood sure gets busy.
Yeah, I'm kind of worried about him, I haven't heard from him in about a week.

It's been more than a week...

Hello everyone...first i want to apologize...again for being absent. There isnt an excuse for leaving you guys! I have been in the hospital for some 0retty not great things...i havent had the strength to do much...BUT, im back, better than ever, and im ready to get this thing back on the road if you guys still want to write this story with me :) im on vacation and it's summer so i have a lot of time free to write, laugh, and plot with you guys :) i missed you all! Even from the hospital bed! So if you guys can forgive me for taking so much time off and leaving without word...and you still have the drive to finish the story, id be honored of you'd write with me again :)

Hospital? I'm guessing it's a heavy physical injury, seeing that you were unable to pre-inform us.

Welcome back. Let's rev it.

Reactions: RestlessComfort
Just a quick update, I'm still waiting on a response from @R E I and @Clyde, since preferably they would be the next ones to post. Although, that being said, anyone should feel free to post in the IC, especially @RestlessComfort, but He's probably still getting caught up.

It was a pretty serious physical injury indeed...but im all good now! Glad to hear you guys are still up for this :) im excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.