Pokémon North Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaiten was still grinning as Sida recalled her pokemon. It wasn't at the fact that he was winning so much at that he was so far on the right track, or so he thought in his opinion. Surely by now they had realized that he wasn't issuing commands to his Kadabra verbally, but he doubted they thought he could do it with more pokemon, surely not any without some level of psychic awareness. If it came to him switching out Kadabra though, they would get to see that with Weavile. As Sida and Ryan traded off, Kadabra brought it's spoon back to it's hand, his eyes shifting to meet Kaiten's.

"Want to keep going?"

"If you think a single attack is going to take me down, you're sorely mistaken."

"No harm in asking. Besides, look at what you're up against now."

Both pokemon and trainer shifted their eyes to the Pikachu that Ryan had brought out.

"Not fast enough," they agreed.

The thunderbolt struck Kadabra but the Psychic pokemon shrugged it off just as easily as the earlier bubblebeam thanks to it's high special defense, though it was clear that the psychic type was taking damage. Again, Kaiten sent a clip of Kadabra's next move, a sideways Confusion coming from the left side that would fling the Pikachu against the wall to their right if it connected.

"That's good Ryan," he said aloud. "You'll need that determination if you want to face down the Elite Four. Or at least that's what Dad says he wants to see in challenger's eyes."

Lucy turned around when that girl who just showed her up with the Flareon sauntered up to her. "Sorry," she said, "I travel alone." She decisively turned around and plucked her bag off the baggage claim.

"I knew she wasn't gonna do it," Marco sighed to himself. Marquito huffed before settling on his shoulder.

Joanne heard a CLUNK, and saw that the box containing her bicycle had hit the belt. "Oh, nice!" she exclaimed, striding over to the box and following it, attempting to lift it over the edge. "Er, help me out a bit, guys," she said, clicking open both her Poké Balls. Piper floated underneath the crate while Jeff braced his pincers. Piper acted like a wheel, gently rolling the box over the edge of the baggage claim as Joanne eased it along. Jeff caught the other end and scuttled backwards, before tripping and falling over (the bike was fine, though). Joanne and Piper lifted the box off of the Corphish. Jeff jumped right back up, clamping his pincers twice to check if he was OK. The crawdad winked at Joanne, before snipping the packaging tape wrapping the box.

Obtained the Moped!

Joanne put the Moped in the KEY ITEMS pocket.

"Never understood how these bags work," Joanne said. "I mean, how does one carry a bunch of rocks and aerosol cans in the same bag as, like, three fishing rods?"

Jeff shrugged. After all, he was but a Corphish, and unconcerned with these types of matters.

Ryan narrowed his eyes knowing that there was going to be a trick attack so he made sure to watch the Kadabra's every move before he looked over at pikachu he new that pikachu wasn't strong enough to beat the Kadabra but he had to try something. He didn't say anything for the moment just watched the interaction between the trainer and pokemon 'hes not moving his lips but his pokemon is still using attacks must be something psychic probably inherited.' He then looked at Bolt and took a deep breath 'i need a long range attack if he gets close to Bolt then there is no way I'm gonna win.' His eyes stayed focused on the Kadabra and he slowly opened his mouth "use thunder wave and then use electro ball." Bolt looked back at his master and just stayed there he was so confused he didn't understand anything his trainer said so he just stood there trying to figure out what moves he should do. Ryan cursed knowing that Bolt wouldn't be able to attack until the confusion was gone.

Sida watched the battle take place biting her lip she new that Ryan wasn't going to win and she new that he wasn't going to give up until the very end but she realized that there was something strange going on between the pokemon and his trainer no communication of any type but they where still working together as one. She titled her head to the side and closed her eyes trying to analyze the situation and coming up with explanations but nothing came to her mind but one thing 'psychic' She had heard of trainers who were able to communicate with there pokemon through brain waves but had never come in contact with one. She smirked and she pulled out her pokeballs and hit them together repeatedly trying to throw of his brain waves and try and get the communication between the two to waiver.

Hannah sighed and shock her head and walked back over to Marco and sat down next to him mumbling under her breath "why do people have to be so stubborn." She took out her pokeball and she opened it and a leafeon came out and stood there. Hannah looked down at tree and rubbed her head before closing her eyes it had been a long flight and she didn't mind getting a few minutes of sleep. She yawned and felt tree crawl into her lap and curl up. She new tourch wanted to come out but he was to damaged but she decided to allow him just so that he could get some fresh air. She clicked the button on her other pokeball and tourch came out and jumped on Hannahs head before falling asleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Devin watched as Joanne grabbed the moped. "Wow... Hmm.. You know, I never really thought about it... I mean...I guess if one were a Machamp they could I suppose." He laughed. Then, hearing a CLUNK not quite as loud as her bag, Devin noticed his black and red rollerskating bag finally appear. He quickly made his way over and picked it up with ease. Seeing as to how it's contents were nowhere near as heavy. Pulling his bag out and to the bench they were sitting on, Devin opened the briefcase-like bag and pulled out the rollerskate attachment versions. While he had full rollerblades, for now the simple shoe add-ons were good enough. He also pulled out out a single cd which shone green on it's front. The word's A Wonderous Recital engraved on the front. He finally pulled out a small, pocket Cd player, then closed the bag.

Joanne glanced over at the CD player. "Is that what you're talking about?" she asked Devin, as she propped up her moped and made sure that everything was still in working order. Pedals--check. Chain--check. Tires--needed a little air, but she had an air pump in her other bag. Engine...

Piper's gears immediately folded in on their backs, with their noses sticking out. Each one grabbed hold of the rear wheel, and jolted a bit with electricity. Thankfully, the bike was propped up, but Piper easily spun the wheels. Joanne told them to stop the spinning for a sec so that she could fold the pedals in. She knelt down to the floor, grabbing each pedal and folding it into the crank, before giving Piper the thumbs-up to test the motor again.

Joanne stood back and watched Piper run. The bike ran like a dream. Piper would get the proper gyration it needed to, well, not die, and Joanne would get a proper motor whenever she needed it. It was a prime example of people and Pokémon working together, in tandem.

Piper stopped spinning and creaked at Piper. "Yeah, it works great, Piper," Joanne said. (She couldn't understand the gears, but the gears could understand her.) "I mean, that is what you were asking, right? I don't speak gear."

The Klink detached from the wheels and nodded.

--

Armario stared with curiosity at Tree, glancing at the Leafeon's curled body. The Phantump looked up at Torch, noting that the Flareon also curled around Hannah's head. Feeling out of place, the Phantump withdrew into his bark and settled on Marco's lap. Marco placed a hand on Armario and gently stroked the--

"Ow!" he yelped. He gently peeled a splinter from his palm, before rattling his hand a bit. "No, no, Armario, it's not your fault, I should know better than to rub loose tree bark," Marco said, having accidentally startled his Phantump.

Hannah jumped when she heard Marco yell Tree went tumbling and fire jumped and fell down as well. Hannah looked over at the Phantump and she slowly and very gently ran her hand over the lose bark being extra careful for splinters. "Well aren't you a little cutie" she smirked at the pokemon before turning her attention back to Tourch and Tree who were glaring at her. The two pokemon growled and moved closer to there owner before poncing on her and attacking her with there paws playfully. Hannah laughed hard as she was playfully attacked and she looked at her two pokemon "the green one is leaf and you have already met tourch. The two pokemon stopped the attack and turned to Marco before jumping down and walking up to him and his pokemon.

Devin looked up from his stuff. "Oh...Yeah, these are them." He then saw as the klink worked in unison with the other machinery to make the moped go. "Wow, that's really cool." He watched with great interest as the whole thing worked. Marionette then nudged him "What? Oh...you want to show her that? Well...I mean..I guess I'll let you, just this once." The Shuppet pushed him towards her. "Oh..umm...Marionette wants to talk to you."

Joanne cocked her head. "Er, okay... what?" she asked, confused a bit. She looked at the navy-blue Ghost-type Pokémon. "Alright," she said to Devin. "What does your Shuppet want?"

Marco nodded. "Oh, I haven't shown you Armario yet. He's a bit like a bureau in that he's made of wood," he said. "His name means closet; I call him that because A. he's a tree stump and B. you know how creepy-crawlies and ghosts and stuff like to hide in the closet? Well, here ya go." He lightly grasped one of the Phantump's branches and gave it a gentle shake. Armario's eyes rattled in his skull(?).

While he certainly hadn't been expecting it, Confusion's added effect was certainly a bonus to the damage the move inflicted. The Pikachu was dazed and confused, probably on the verge of damaging itself. 'Shadow Ball,' he commanded, thrusting his hand out to the side. Kadabra lashed out with it's twisted spoon, the shadowy glob of energy bursting out and streaking for the Pikachu. A bit dramatic though he might have been, Kaiten wasn't one to toy with his opponents.

Hannah smiled and she giggled before picking up tree and tourch "that is so cute sadly these two just silently judge you" she shock both of her pokemon before setting them back down. "I'm not looking forward to traveling in the show I had never seen snow until today." She turned her head in the direction of the windows and watched the snow fall down.

Ryan cursed and looked at Bolt "bolt doge" 'its all I can do to keep him going as long as he can move he can still fight' Ryan told him self trying to calm down and work on a plan. Bolt saw the balls of energy coming and he jumped to the side but landed on his head he was still confused but was slowly getting better. He kept jumping around avoiding the balls and each time he fell the less confused he became. Ryan sighed with relief as he watched his pokemon slowly regained his mind and not become confused.

Sida watched the battle and looked over at Ryan who was trying so hard to win. "Ryan you can do it" she said loud enough for him to hear it.

Devin rubbed the back of hos head nervously "It's...pretty simple really. She simply wants to talk to you as jf it were normal...Of course...it really wont BE normal...Ehm..I'll just show you." Devin outstretched his arms, followed by Marionette flying around him, then finally flying into him. Devin's eyes changed from their normal color to dark purple. His voice changing drastically to thaf of a female. She sounded no older than 15 or 16. "Hi!

Scowling at the Pikachu's luck in avoiding Kadabra's attack, Kaiten switched it up on Ryan. 'Confusion from below' he thought. Even though Kadabra seemed impassive at first glace, like most of its species, the edges of it's lips were curled in a scowl just like Kaiten's, the trainer's annoyance rubbing off on the pokemon, made even more powerful by the powerful psychic bond between them. Kadabra's eyes flashed for an instant as the telekinetic force rose up from below pikachu, intending to slam the electric mouse into the ceiling.

Joanne blinked when the Shuppet freaking possessed Devin. I mean, like, SNAP, all of a sudden, she was talking to a Pokémon. She stood there slackjawed.

After getting over the initial shock and surprise (this doesn't happen every day, you know), Joanne said slowly, "That... is... actually pretty cool," she concluded, relaxing and smiling at Devin('s body). "Can you do that to, like, anyone?" she asked.

Joanne guessed that most people would have run away screaming (which certainly wouldn't help with Devin's self-esteem), but first of all, given that she just spewed a bunch of stuff about Pokémon coexisting with humans, she would have seemed like a hypocrite if she freaked out. Second, letting a Pokémon speak through your body is actually pretty boss. "I was just surprised, is all," she explained, "it's not like I see ghost Pokémon running around possessing people every day where I'm from."

--

Marco looked out the high glass windows. "I'm pretty sure there's more to this region than ice and snow. Like, according to that travel guide, there's meadows and stuff... somewhere..." he replied.

Marionette giggled. "Yes, I understand. You see, the reason you don't see most ghost types running around possesing random people is because of two reasons. 1. We are better than that. and 2. Unless the people have made themselves open to us, we can't do it. Didn't you ever wonder why Hex Maniac's eyes look the way they do? Well..I mean...there is ONE pokemon that can possess without consent. Sabeleye...and I suppose Spiritomb as well...with their part Dark type."

Ryan cursed under his breath realizing that Bolt was unconscious he clicked his pokeball and recalled him "man your really good cant say I wasn't expecting it." He walked over to Kaiten and held out his hand to him "your a very fierce competitor and anybody would be glad to battle you." He grinned at the man before glancing over at the Kadabra "and that is a sweet pokemon you have were did you get it from if you don't mind me asking?"

Sida hurried over to her brother and smiled "that was a really cool battle you two way to go." She had a big smile on her face after watching the battle. "How did you and your kadabra communicate with out using speech are you psychic?"

Hannah grinned "well lets make it to the warm part soon I don't want to freeze to death" she got up and grabbed her bag and threw it over her shoulder "we can leave when ever you are ready Marco." She glanced down at her pokemon and smiled at them. They were being silly as the chassed each other around. They acted stuck up but were really children at heart.

Bags were now consistently rolling down the conveyor belt as more people poured into the baggage claim. Joanne saw her other bag and went over to grab it.

Obtained the Luggage!

Joanne put the Luggage in the KEY ITEMS pocket.

She looked over and saw Minerva waving over the trainers as they got their luggage. Lucy was already there. Joanne hefted her backpack. "I think we're going," she said to Devin and Marionette. "Er, one thing: is Devin conscious in there?" she asked.

Marco looked outside the terminal and saw the buses zooming past the road. He found his own luggage and rolled it towards the door. "Hopefully the bus that we take to the League Center has a heater," he replied. "Come on, Minerva's waving us over."

Marionette giggled "Yes, of course, if we must go then." Marionette outstretched Devin('s body's) arms. Out she flew from his chest, andDevin staggered a moment before getting up again. "I forgot what that was like...still feels weird...Oh! We're going?" Devin grabs his bag and throws on his backpack. "Whenever you're ready."

With the battle over, Kaiten took Ryan's hand eagerly and shook it.

"I'm still leagues away from my dad though. Probably still from my cousin too. Dad gave me my Kadabra actually. Well, he gave me an Abra bred from his own Alakazam. He presented me with Abra's pokeball on my tenth birthday, so we've been together for six years.

"But yeah, I'm psychic. Not as much as some people but it helps. It takes time for me to be able to communicate telepathically though; it's only when I'm close to someone or a pokemon. Like Kadabra or Alice, the Espeon back home."

Ryan nodded his head and he glanced over at Sida "how cool we got our pokemon from our father as we'll he passed them down to us." Ryan smiled "we'll I hope one day I will be as good as you and if you keep training you will be as good as your father and then surpass him and Sida will find Darkai and everyone will be happy I hope." He glanced over at Sida who was hiding behind her brother.

Hannah got up and put her pokemon back in her pokeballs and she picked up her bag and through it over her shoulder and started to walk towards the bus and she smiled at Marco. "I'm glad that we can travel with each othe it's gonna be great.

Minerva ushered the Trainers onto the bus. "It's a bit of a long drive to the League Center, so feel free to sleep," she said as the bus doors shut with a hiss.

--

Joanne felt like she had slept for about two minutes when the bus rumbled and the brakes whined. She hadn't been very comfortable on account of her height, and she accidentally banged her head on the window when she jolted awake. "Owwww...." she mumbled as she rubbed her head.

She hefted her bag and stepped out the door of the bus, appraising the League Center. It was quite a large building, actually. It was slightly hangar-shaped, with a large front edifice lined with two columns on either side of the doorway. The door itself sunk a few yards into the building, fronted by several rows of linen tiles. A plaza sprawled outside the building, with two fountains squirting water to the left and to the right. One fountain resembled a Chandelure, the other, a Roselia; the two fountains faced diagonally towards each other. Several people walked about, some sitting on benches, some talking to each other, some running after smaller Pokémon like Bidoof or Starly.

"Right this way, folks," Minerva said, pointing towards the double doors of the League Center. "There's a place to heal your Pokémon inside. By the way-- yes?" Minerva pulled out her cell phone and began talking into it. "They did? Wow, that quickly. Really? Okay, I'll be right inside." She hung up and faced them. "Well, it looks like the authorities already found two of the people associated with the ice explosion at the airport."

Joanne blinked. "Huh. I knew it wasn't just a normal cold snap," she said. "Especially since this place is especially verdant, even though the sky's cloudy and gray. I actually kind of like this weather," she noted, before shivering a bit. "Well, at least, the lighting. A degree or two warmer might be nice."

Status
Not open for further replies.