Pokémon North Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elekid took that glance as a challenge. The electric Pokémon swung its left arm, winding up to slug the sword.

Elekid used Thunder Punch!

Unfortunately, because of No Guard, the punch got Caliber in the gut. Joanne winced; the prior Charge attack boosted Thunder Punch's power, and that had gotta hurt. She turned to her Klink and saw that Diggersby was getting up. She wasn't surprised, because, well, Diggersby, tho?

Oddly, however, Diggersby looked fine, even after taking a Return to the head.

Diggersby's Cheek Pouch!

Diggersby restored some HP!

Diggersby spat the stem of an Oran Berry out of its buck-toothed mouth, licking its lips as it bounded up to Piper. It raised both its arm-ears and slammed the ground, propelling itself upwards. Diggersby shot straight downward, headfirst.

Diggersby used Take Down!

The Take Down attack blasted Piper's gears apart, and they clattered to the floor, before getting up and rolling together. Piper hadn't taken much damage from the Take Down, since it resisted it, but Diggersby took a little damage as well. Joanne gave Piper another order, for another Return.

Piper used Return!

This time, the gears clattered along the floor before flipping over and rolling, thump-thump-thump, on their teeth. Piper, with a burst of electromagnetism, took to air and stuck back-to-back before clocking the Diggersby upside the jaw. The rabbit Pokémon, dazed, wobbled a bit before falling over. Diggersby grunted as it struggled to its feet, but instead fell face-first. Diggersby just decided to sleep there.

The foe Diggersby fainted!

Katie and Daniel watched the battle.
-"A Kadabra? I've never seen one! Those guys are awesome! I think it would be smart to go with them and get tougher under their training!" Katie said excited.
-"Uh, Katie... We can easily train by ourselves."
-"But I wanna go with them. "
-"Katie..."
-"No. We are going with them, like it or not."
-"Uh, fine!"- said Daniel, unsatisfied he got pulled into this so easily.

Sida cursed under her breath 'I'm at a disadvantage hear and there is no way that I can win this battle but I will try as hard as I can.' She watched the kadabra "bubbles doge and use tackle." Bubbles ran right at the ball and doges at the last second getting hit in the side and then going into his shell and spinning right at the pokemons face. Sidas hands clenched as she watched her pokemon got hit she didn't enjoy the fighting or even the catching of pokemon she was more interested in the history and research of the pokemon themselves.Ryan walked over to Sida and stood next to her watching the battle. He new that his sister wasn't a trainer like he was but she was willing to try anything once.

After getting hit by the Thunder Punch, Caliber floated back slightly. He then straightened out and looked at the Elekid again. With his sheath off, he aimed his sword-tip at the Elekid.

Caliber used Fury Cutter!

Caliber flew at the Elekid and hit it with Fury Cutter, a guaranteed hit thanks to No Guard. But Caliber wasn't done.

Caliber used Fury Cutter!

Once again, Caliber used Fury Cutter, which was now even stronger not only thanks to the Swords Dance, but also that he had used it twice in a row.

Elekid didn't seem to take the Fury Cutter very well.

The first hit slashed Elekid, throwing it to the side. With an unpleasant CRUNCH, it landed on its left prong and bent it inwards. Joanne didn't like that; she knew it was merely an unlucky fall, but that didn't make the sound any less cringeworthy. The second Fury Cutter knocked Elekid out; no Pokémon could take two unresisted Swords Dance Fury Cutters like that.

Elekid fainted!

Albert quickly ran up to Elekid and wrenched its prong back into its proper position; the Electric-type Pokémon winced when he did, but afterwards adjusted the prong a bit so it was completely parallel to its twin. Elekid stumbled a bit since it was hardly at full strength, and Albert caught it. "Easy, buddy," Albert said, holding the Elekid under the armpits.

"Both of you have pretty strong Pokémon," Marie complimented. "Well, they must be pretty strong if they can get over a type disadvantage like that."

"Thanks," Joanne said, recalling her Klink. "Alright, Piper, I'll get you fixed up as soon as I find a place." She put her Poké Ball in her backpack. "Hey, you don't have to give us money," she said to Albert, who had fished out four 500-Pokédollar coins from his pocket.

"Don't be ridiculous," Albert said, puffing up a bit. "Rules are rules, you know." He had to reach a bit to put the coins into Joanne's palm, since she towered over the youngster.

"Alright," Joanne replied, putting two coins in her pocket and giving the other two to Devin.

"Thanks for the battle," Marie called, as they turned away to wait near the baggage claim machine.

Joanne smiled back, then turned to Devin. "Hey, cool. Your Honedge is nice and powerful. When that guy evolves, you're just gonna clean house. Too bad I didn't get to see your Shuppet in action," she added. "That would've been nice."

She heard a mechanical clang and then a thump as the baggage claim belts began to move. "Hey, they must've gotten the first few bags off the plane. I don't see any of them rolling down the belt, though..."

Marco noted this and strode over to the baggage claim, sitting down on the railing and watching the bay as the slanted conveyor belt activated. None of the bags came yet; Marco, however, didn't mind. All the better to watch all these people battling, he thought to himself. "You'll get a chance soon, guys," he said to his Pokémon. "I'm pretty sure."

Hannah pit her sketch book away and followed after Marco and decided to answer his question. "I sketch everything things I see things I don't it's an easy way for me to communicate with the silent world around me." She realized that she had left her bag over at the bench and hurried over to her seat and grabbing it before going back to Marco "would you care to travel with me I would really enjoy your company." She smiled at him kindly before pulling out her notebook and sketching Marco.

Devin smiled as Joanne gave him the two coins. He turned to the pair they had just battled. "Umm...Thank you." As Joanne turned to him, he responded "Oh, thanks..Caliber tends to get a bit...eh...intense when he battles." He pauses a moment. "Oh!" He reahes into his backpack, pulling out a pair of Super Potions "Here, use this for...Piper right?" He hands the potion to her and proceeds to spray it on to Caliber where he was hit by the Thunder Punch.

Rather than waste time with words, Kaiten responded with a visual movie to Kadabra, showing the pokemon dodging to the side and hurling a blob of shadow at the passing Squirtle: a Shadow Ball. Just as the clip suggested, Kadabra dodged swiftly out of the way and retaliated with a Shadow Ball at the passing Squirtle.

Through all of his mental commands, he stood quietly by watching the battle with grim determination. Lucian may have been a member of the Elite Four, but Kaiten wanted to be better than that - he wanted to surpass his father.

"Silent world?"

Marco realized that Hannah was deaf. He had noticed the way she spoke, the way she squinted at Lucy to get a sense of what she was saying. And what she just said about art...

But for some reason, Marco didn't worry. Perhaps because Hannah had her own way of staring a physical disability in the face and preventing it from living life to the fullest (so he assumed, since Hannah had up and whooped Little Miss Smogon in the b00ty a few minutes ago).

She was also polite, more than Marco was used to where he came from. Besides the swearing workers and crusty bikers of his 'hood in Unova, Marco wasn't accustomed to a polite company. It was rater refreshing. He had a lot of respect for Hannah.

These thoughts crossed his mind before he noticed that Hannah had started to draw him. He quickly struck an exaggerated, feminine modeling pose, kind of mimicking the leader Wallace in Hoenn, just to be funny (he maintained his usual expression).

"Well, sure, we can hang together," he said, returning a kind look to Hannah. Of course it would be nice to have company; Hannah seemed to be a good girl (and not to mention she had a couple strong Pokés).

Joanne thanked Devin.

Obtained a Super Potion!

Joanne put the Super Potion into the MEDICINE pocket.

She clicked open her Poké Ball and Piper emerged, clicking off-beat once before snapping to attention. As she sprayed the Super Potion, she remarked to Devin, "Well, it's good that Caliber's passionate about this kind of thing." She smiled and shook the aerosol canister a little bit before spraying the last bits of the medicine on her Klink.

She tousled the gears a bit, twisting them back and forth and turning the mesh inward and outward, before bopping Piper's blue noses and calling it back to its Poké Ball. "So you said something about your roller blading gear? I'm from Unova, so people usually take the subway or bicycle or something instead of roller blading, but I heard that one of the Kalosian Gym Leaders is pretty big on the sport. I never really got the chance to try it. Is it fun?" Joanne asked, looking up at Devin with the last question. Her glasses slipped a bit when she turned her head, but she quickly corrected them.

Devin turned to face her, he smiled as he spoke. "Oh, you mean Korrina? Yeah, she's really good at it. I bet she could outrun a sprinting Tauros when she's wearing those. I grew up in the city she did, so we knew eachother. Of course, we kind of lost contact once she became a gym leader, but it's fine. But yeah, Rollerskatings really fun...as long as you know what your doing. I can't say a face full of floor is fun." He laughed lightly. Marionette flew around then eventually, Devin returned her and Caliber to their pokeballs.

"I'm sure. I fell of my moped a couple times the first time I got the engine attached. I had to rinse my mouth out twice after hitting the dirt," Joanne replied. She winced at the thought. "Not fun. But hey, I guess it's all part of learning how to do it. Do you know any rollerblading tricks?" she asked.

Devin thought a moment "Well...I don't think I'm THAT good. But I know a few. Maybe I can show you after I get my stuff... and we get somewhere I can use it without sliding on ice... What about you? Where are you from?"

"Well, specifically, I live in Unova, in Nacrene City, though I did move from Virbank City when I was a kid. I actually went to the same elementary school as the gym leader Roxie, at least until I moved away. But my dad's away at work most of the time; he works at one of the Poké Ball factories in Kalos. We still keep in touch thanks to the Holo Caster's compatibility with the XTransceiver, so that's cool.

"At Nacrene City, I would always on every... Saturday, I believe?... help Lenora at her Gym, organizing the bookshelves (my growth spurt really helped a lot with reaching the higher shelves). She'd sometimes let me borrow a few. I'm a bit of a bookworm; she actually did let me take a couple books on the trip."

Devin listened to Joanne as she spoke, she was an interesting individual. "I see, that's cool. The books I've read have all been about things like maximizing a single pokeballs effectiveness through stuff like estimating a pokemons strength. The others were on stuff like mega evolution...Oh! Speaking of that, did you hear what went down in Hoenn recently?" It seemed Devin was becoming more comfortable around her,cause he was finally confident in how he spoke.

"You mean the meteor crisis that almost annihilated the entire region and surrounding areas? They were reporting on that in the news in Unova," Joanne replied. "Amazing that a kid could rein in the o-so-mighty Rayquaza." She looked up. "Guess heroes come in all shapes, sizes, and genders." She turned back to Devin. "Also, I heard that there was a resurgence of Sinnoh and Unova Pokémon species in the region after the abnormal weather incidents. Pretty interesting, if you ask me. I guess that explains why they've been uncovering Mega Stones for non-Hoenn Pokémon like Steelix or Beedrill or even Diancie."

Joanne heard a clunk as the first bag hit the belt. The bag slid to the railing and sat there as the slats whisked it around the baggage claim. Joanne looked over, saw that it wasn't either of her bags, and turned back towards Devin. "What kinds of stuff do you learn from the books you read?"

Devin thought back on some of the books he's read. "Well, I know if a pokemon is asleep and weak it's the best situation possible for catching it. I also learned every mega evolution we know of so far. Honestly my dad would buy me tons of books to make me a better trainer. Like how to communicate with non-Psychic pokemon silently, but I think my favorite bit of information would have to be some of the songs of different pokemon I have on some discs. I brought them in my rollerskating bag, so if you wanna hear them. I even managed to get a recording of the legendary Meloetta." He smiled, remembering the tune of the pokemon that supposedly showed humans music.

Sida clenched her hands and she took a deep breath her mind was going a 100 miles per hour. "Bubbles use bubble beam." Bubbles jumped back after being hit and while in mid air he took a deep breath and shot bubbles at the kadabra. Aiming for his spoons if he could get them away from the kadabra then he would have a better chance of doing more damage. Sidas hands were shaking and so was her body. Ryan walked up to her "you don't have to do this Sida you can stop right now we can stop the battle if your scared." Sida shock her head "no I want to do this brother."

Hannah laughed and she drew him possing and she ripped the paper out before handing it to Marco. "We'll I can't wait for the adventure." She noticed one of her bags and she climbed over the railing and went and got it. "I wonder what kind of things we will see and I wonder how much trouble we will get into."

For the first time since the battle started, Kaiten impassivity, his lips twisting into a grin. The bubbles flew towards his Kadabra and struckt he psychic type, but the pokemon was unfazed even though supposedly disarmed. In sync, both Kaiten and his Kadabra raised their arms, palms and fingers splated, and brought them crashing down, Kaiten's command ringing in telepathic channels: 'Confusion! To the ground!' The psychic attack came from above the midair Squirtle, barreling towards the pokemon and onwards to the ground.

Joanne brightened a bit. "Really? Awesome!" she replied. "Please do show me if you get the chance. Speaking of Pokémon music, some Pokémon cries are pretty interesting, like how Kricketune sounds a bit like a violin, and how Tympoles form choirs in the wild. I've never had the chance to listen to Meloetta actually sing the Relic Song, but I've heard a man play it on guitar in Castelia City before."

Obtained the Drawing!

"Dang, girl, you're good," Marco remarked, looking the sketch over.

Marco put the Drawing in the KEY ITEMS pocket.

"Thanks," he said, following Hannah to the baggage claim and noted that his bag had come around. He swiftly plucked it off the belt and plopped it on the ground, before sitting on the rail. "Well, awesome. It'd be nice to challenge the league with a friend." He decided to let his Pokémon out for some air, and released his Phantump and Weedle.

Marquito curled up on his shoulder and snoozed, his nose inflating and deflating as he inhaled and exhaled.

Squirtle took all the damage and was thrown back and hit the ground and slid back toward's his owner and was knocked out. Sida ran out and she picked up bubbles and held up close and tears ran down her face she didn't like seeing her pokemon hurt she didn't like to see any pokemon hurt. She took out her pokeball and put bubbles into it before moving back next to her brother and looked up at him with a faint smile "go for it bro you can beat him."

Ryan smirked and he took out his pokeball "okay Bolt lets go use thunderbolt." A yellow Pikachu and came out of his pokeball and his red cheeks started to glow and thunderbolts shot out of his body and at the pokemon in front of his going every which way and surrounded Kadabra with lighting. Ryan smirked "unlike my sister I want to battle you.'

Hannah smiled at him as she read his lips "thanks for the compliment and I bet that if we both train hard and work hard nothing will stop us." She grind at him before getting up and stretching "I'm gonna invite Lucy to join us on our adventure shes not that bad of a person." Before she headed over there she crouched down and rubbed the weedls head and hurried over to Lucy. "Hey Lucy I was wondering if you would like to travel with me and Marco." She gave her a warm smile and kept her eyes on the girls lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.