Pokémon North Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Darkrai?" Kaiten asked, grabbing his luggage as he spoke. "Why would you want a pokemon that causes nightmares?"

It didn't really make all that much sense for someone to want a pokemon like that unless they were masochistic. True, Darkrai was a powerful pokemon but if the cost of it was eternal nightmares, he would pass on it. Soon after, they were all ushered onto the bus and Kaiten recalled his Kadabra with a smile; for a first fight in the new region, he wasn't doing too bad - he hadn't even needed to call out Weavile. No doubt that would change though - even if he had competent pokemon, the battles ahead would be difficult.

He was quite ready to go inside and heal his Kadabra from the battle but paused as he overheard Minerva talking about there being peole who caused the ice explosion at the aiport. It sounded like something Team Galactic might have done, or possibly Team Rocket. It didn't really sound the plan of any of them though, maybe Team Aqua but it seemed off. Was there a new criminal team at work?

"Were they part of a criminal organization like Team Rocket?" he asked her.

Minerva turned to him. "Well, I just got the call, although they were wearing some sort of uniform, which makes your suggestion quite a bit more likely, I think. But I think we'll find out for sure since the authorities are bringing them here for interrogation."

Joanne surveyed the building. "It's certainly a nice place," she said, walking up the steps and into the doors. She found a bustling center with multiple skylights letting light into the building, and multiple benches around yet another group of fountains. "Good thing this place is probably paid for by the state," she said. "Otherwise their water bills would be through the roof."

Hannah walked in and hurried over to the healing center and handed over Tourches pokeball "take good care of him please he means a lot" once she got that squared away she walked back over to Marco and looked at him "what would you like to do since we are hear?" She faced marco and tree came out her pokeball and stood there and then ran over to the fountains and jumped in. Hannah rolled hr eyes at tree and let her play in the water.

Sida hurried over to a map and started to calculate the placed where Darkri would most likely show up at. She had to thank him she had to find him and make him her pokemon she needed to have him so maybe people wouldn't fear her and pick on her. She had to thank him she would be dead if it wasn't for him. She closed her eyes as memories of her childhood when she got lost in a cave and couldn't find her way out for days and the Darkri finding her and leading her to safety and getting her food. She opened her eyes and went back to calculating.

Ryan watched his sister work and stood there.

Devin laughed at the joke "Yes, I can imagine." He stared in wonder at the beauty around him "I haven't seen this many fountains since I saw Parfum Palace back home." Marionette flew around and played with the streams coming out of the fountains. Caliber stayed near Devin, as he wasn't particularly trusting of all the trainers around, even though Devin was not worried in any way. He reached to his CD player and put in the disk he had before, he quickly hit pause to check something "You wanted to hear this right?" Devin held out an ear bud in his hand.

"If they're anything like Rocket or Galactic, this is only the start," he muttered, walking off into the league center.

Kaiten had read a number of books detailing the activities of the assorted criminal organizations of the regions, from Team Rocket's takeover of Saffron City and Silph Co. to Team Flare's attempts to eliminate anyone who didn't conform to their ideals and hadn't a single good thing to say about any of them, other than perhaps that they were well-organized. It had been Team Galactic though that held the worst emotions for him - they had not only had their sights on legendary pokemon and trying to change the world to their liking, but a complete restart of the entire universe. To him, that meant an end to everything, even existence, something that could still have been preserved in any of the other criminal organization's ideal world.

He didn't trust any of the criminal organizations and even less so if they were going to be in close proximity. Minerva had said that they would be interrogated at the league center; who was to say that the rest of the team wouldn't spring them? If that was to be the case, Kaiten wasn't about to let them get away with it. However, that was a poitless thought without fully healed pokemon. He quickly headed over to the healing center, passing over Kadabra's pokeball, Weavile still perfectly fine. As he waited, he held Weavile's pokeball in his hand, nonchalantly tossing it and catching it over and over until his Kadabra was returned to him.

"Wow, thanks, man!" Joanne said, accepting the earbud and listening.

Joanne closed her eyes and took in the sounds of Meloetta's Relic Song. "Wow. Well," Joanne remarked. "How did you get this on a CD? Meloetta's like, a super-rare legendary Pokémon, right? I live in its native region and haven't ever seen it." She continued taking in the lilting melody.

When the recording finished, she plucked the earbud from her ear and placed it back in Devin's hand. "Impressive," she said, smiling as usual.

Marco strode up to the registration desk and pulled out his Trainer Card and his passport. The receptionist was an old, round, but rather jolly-looking man with a bushy white beard and a black headset. He chuckled when Marco handed him the passport. "What's so funny?" Marco asked.

"Well, my boy," he said, stamping the passport and scanning the Trainer card, "nothing about you or your passport, if that's what you're wondering. But I suppose life's a lot easier to handle if you laugh a lot. I can tell that you do."

"You mean, like, laughing a lot? You can tell that I do that?" Marco pressed.

"You have smile lines on your eyes; that shows that you like to laugh a lot."

"I admit that does make life a lot easier for me, especially where I live. Don't worry yourself too much about it, señor, there's more people behind me," Marco said. "Thanks, though."

"You're all set for the league, my boy. And one more thing," he said, handing him a Badge case before opening his eyes. They were a deep, light blue, and seemed to gleam. "Don't ever lose sight of who you are."

Marco shoved his passport into his bag and looked at his Trainer card. Nothing new, except a gold stamp next to his portrait (he had made a funny face when he went to get this), signaling that he was now eligible for the Sveri league.

"Alright, who's first..." he mused. "Oh, man. They go hard-ball in this region. Dark-type in the first gym?"

Joanne had gotten into line behind Lucy. She was quick, to-the-point, and efficient, uninterested in small talk. Joanne could feel Lucy already calculating her course of action, planning a team to crush every Gym Leader in the Sveri league.

"Miss?" the receptionist asked. Joanne had expected a slim little lady in a pastel orange dress like the receptionists in Unova. She saw a round, big-bearded dude instead. Not that it mattered, though. It's just what she was used to in her home region.

Stamps on the passport and the ID card. The badge case. "You're all set," the man said, sliding the case and Joanne's identification to her. She looked at the badge case. It shone with a hard silver plastic (probably to not spend money on different-colored cases, or even discriminate by gender). "And don't stop smiling."

"Thank you very much," Joanne said. She switched on her XTransceiver and searched up the first Gym leader. "Alright, apparently all the Gym Leaders in this region have 6 Pokémon..." she mused. She looked up the Sveri league's Gym Leaders. "Herbert... uses Dark-type... Well, I don't have an advantage or disadvantage in any way yet..." She shut off the display on her XTransceiver and snapped her badge case shut, before putting it into her backpack.

Devin came up behind Joanne. Stepping up to the registration desk. He quickly pulled out his ID card and passport. Handing them to the receptionist. Returned to him were a stamp on both items and one Badge Case. After stepping away for the next person, heading towards Joanne. "Dark type? ...That isn't good for Caliber or Marionette at all. I wonder if there will be any fighting or Bug types we can find near there." He wondered.

Joanne looked down the street towards the entrance to Route 1. "Well, if it's anything like my region, I think we'll just find a bunch of Patrats and Pidoves. You know, there's a funny story. I was watching this video on the Internet, and somebody said something about Pidove evolving into, like, a 'powerful Staraptor.' Pidove doesn't turn into a 'powerful Staraptor!'" she giggled.

Looking back down, she sighed. "Well, hopefully there's something other than Patrats and Pidoves on that route."

--

Minerva walked into the interrogation room. In the chamber sat one man in a navy-blue uniform, like a flight attendant's, with an ice-blue letter embroidered on his lapel: "B".

She peered through the glass window and watched the interrogator and his Malamar do their work. She leaned over to a woman in a black suit and glasses. "Have you found anything yet?"

The woman listened through a headset. "So far, all we've gleaned is that they work for a group called 'Team Boread,' and that they set the explosion to prevent people from coming and going via Sveri's main airport."

Minerva grimly pursed her lips. "Well, I guess that worked, since last I checked the Conkeldurrs couldn't completely de-ice the airplanes."

"On that topic. They sent in a team of Floatzels to try and de-ice the tarmac, but I've been getting reports that the tarmac just froze right back over," the woman said to Minerva.

"That means that the explosion had been set off by a Pokémon with the Refrigerate ability. Most likely one of those two has a Glalie that can Mega Evolve," Minerva replied. "Continue to ask them for information. I hope they cooperate, since I heard some unpleasant things about the interrogators," she said, looking into the window and watching the interrogator's Malamar slowly wave back and forth, its lights flashing.

His Kadabra back in his hand, Kaiten headed for the receptionist, handing over his trainer card and passport with a grim smile. Thoughts of Team Galactic still hung over him and what had happened at the airport seemed the start of something more. He didn't want it to be true but the more he thought about it, the more it seemed that this was at least connected to a criminal organization but the one thing that eluded him was why. Why would they freeze over the airport when all it was conveying was trainers on their way to the Sveri Region? Was there someone on board whom they didn't want to reach Sveri? Or could tey have been after him? It wouldn't surprise him - trained by an Elite Four member with a sense of justice, he would be a powerful adversary, but Kaiten wasn't so narcissistic to believe he was the reason. Maybe there was more being carried than just trainers on the flight. That seemed more likely. Of course, this meant little to him without something more solid. He wished he could get into the two men's heads; perhaps his Kadabra could find something out, though if they were part of a criminal organization, they might have been trained to resist psychic intrusion.

Devin looks towards the route. "Yeah your right, but you know, seems that near every first route in a lot of regions there is a forest with a lot of bug types, but who knows, maybe this place is different." Devin then looked around "So... What now?"

Joanne shrugged. "I guess now we head off towards the route...?" she said, motioning with her palm towards the gate. "Careful when you're crossing the street, though."

Marco shuffled his hands in his pockets. "Well... I'm ready to start walking to the next town," he said to Hannah. "I've got a Dark-type Gym Leader to whup. Right, Marquito?"

The Weedle huffed, the caterpillar's breath steaming out its bulbous nose like a locomotive.

"So I'm assuming you're here to take on the League, but I also read in one of the travel brochures they had in the center that this region has, like, Contest Spectaculars like the ones in the Hoenn region," he continued, unfolding the map and studying it. "I mean, I might try a couple myself, though I heard that the Pokémon were more vicious in Contests than in battles. Seriously. The competition is absolutely ruthless."

Kaiten found Sida and Ryan over by a map, the former looking intently at it with the latter watching his sister. He paused silently, looking at the twins for a minute or two before speaking.

"So I've already got my stuff set up,"he said, flashing his passport and badge case. "The two of you had best get your stuff set up before the hoard shows up."

Devin smiled "Thanks for the concern, but I don't plan on becoming a ghost myself for a long time." He began making steps toward the gate, slowing down to make sure Joanne was still with him.
On his back rode Caliber, who had shut his eye and was presumably sleeping. Alongside him flew Marionette, who playfully spun in circles around him.

--Route 1--

Joanne stepped through the gate and looked around. "Well, they certainly keep the routes in good condition near the cities," she noticed, watching several gardeners tend the flowerbeds nearby the fence bordering the city boundaries.

She stepped into the tall grass alongside the cobbled walkway. "So, like, level-2 wild Pokémon jump out at us in early routes like this, and--Whoa!"

A wild Bidoof appeared!

"Well. That was quick," Joanne said, hucking Jeff's Poké Ball and releasing the crawdad into the grass. The Corphish snapped his pincers.

The wild Bidoof used Tackle!

Jeff used Leer!

The wild Bidoof's Defense fell!

Upon closer inspection, it appeared that this Bidoof was actually about level 6. Didn't change the fact that it was a Bidoof, though, so...

The wild Bidoof used Tackle!

Jeff used Vicegrip!

The wild Bidoof fainted!

Joanne turned to Devin. "Hey, just wondering, but do you have a Pokédex?" she asked.

Kaiten continued to watch as the twins went about charting their course. It wasn't long before he realized that the two of them were going in a different direction than either of them had expected, following the Darkrai that Sida was after for whatever reason. Shaking his head in disappointment, he headed off towards the gate pulling out his XTransceiver and looking up the information on the first gym and the route. He wasn't eager to see that it was a dark-type gym; Kadabra was at a disadvantage there. Weavile could combat it though - it had X-Scissor and bug type moves were super effective against dark types. Still, only one wasn't encouraging. He needed to find another pokemon or two to work with him against the first gym.

Marco walked out and looked behind, but saw that Hannah hadn't followed him. "Huh?" he wondered.

He stood outside the League Center and waited for Hannah, the jets from the fountains roaring in his ears. But nobody came.

Marco furrowed his brow before walking slowly and uncomfortably towards the route gate. He walked past Joanne and Devin, before stepping into the tall grass. Maybe she had her reasons for going separate ways, Marco thought, distractedly looking for wild Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.