Pokémon North Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
((Might want to check your spelling, unless Flareon hacks up flaming poo as an attack...))

In the end, Pineco had been completely scorched. Lucy cursed, and silently called Pineco back. "Honedge." She sent out the sword, and with its blue, robotic stare gazed at the Flareon. "Swords Dance."

The sword pulled itself from its sheath and caught the sheath, pointing one direction, then another, then a third. The Honedge stuck straight up and then pointed at the Flareon, having raised its physical attack power.

"Shadow Sneak," Lucy ordered. The sword cloaked itself in its sash before dropping into the shadows of the baggage claim. From there, the sword dashed in the darkness behind the Flareon and brought its blade down upon the Fire-type's head with mechanical precision. It swiped several times, not missing once thanks to No Guard.

Flareon growled when he was hit in the head and he jumped back and shakes his head trying to shake of the attack but it had left quiet some damage on him. Hannah cursed under her breath "flareon fire spin one more time." Tourch took a deep breath before his tail grew bigger and fire surrounded him then it surrounded Hanna and grew closer to the sword pokemon and then jumps back in front of hannah. Hannah smirks "tourch use fore fang."Tourch opens his mouth and lunges at the sword pokemon and bites down hard on its body with fire fang and dost let go. Hannah takes a deep breath as she starts to get nervous over watching the battle at hard she knew that flareon couldn't take much more beating or he would get really hurt.

Honedge winced when the fiery fangs struck, but wrapped its sash around Flareon's neck and shot straight downwards, slamming the other Pokémon into the ground. Honedge unlaced its sash from Flareon and wrapped itself to protect itself from the licking flames.

"Shadow Ball," Lucy ordered, as Honedge glared at Flareon. The sword materialized a dark purple blob before firing it; the black blob soared through the air and clocked Flareon upside the head. Honedge rushed forward and slashed downward, sending Flareon careening into the linoleum floor. Honedge sheathed itself and floated, watching Flareon carefully. Lucy didn't gloat; a battle was over when it was over. Before then, she needed her undivided attention.

Hannah took a deep breath she had to decide if she wanted flaeron to keep fighting or not she decided that she should. "Tourch use fire fang then fire spin one last time." Her voice cracked as she said the last two words. She tried to watch lucys lips as she talked but could only make out very few words due to the smoke. When she looked back at flareon she realized that he wasn't got to last much longer so with a last resort tactic she pulled out her second pokeball in case she would have to use her second pokemon but new she wouldn't win with her.

Tourch got up and shook his head and growled now he was really mad. He ran at the sword and jumped in the air and slammed into it and bit down hard on the handle where the eye was and burned the sword pokemons eye before biting down harder and using fire spin. He kept his grip on the handle of the sword and the fired got closer till it was covering both the pokemon in a fiery inferno. He wasn't going to let some sword beat him he had to much pride in himself and in his trainer to give up and lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaiten's reading had barely been interrupted by the explosion on the plane or the announcement of the captain about fire; both had merely brought his eyes up past the edge of his book to look around and see if everything was alright. Both time, it seemed that no one was in a panic and as such, it didn't really involve him. Of course, less noticeable were the nervous trembles in the hand not holding the book each time he looked up. It was his first time on a plane, or even in the air, having never flown on a pokemon before. He was understandably nervous but his father had taught him coping skills for such a thing.

The book in his hand was one of those skills. It was a recent publishing, only a few months old, that detailed the findings on Mega Evolution and the more recently discovered Primal Evolutions. It was meant for non-professors and non-scientists but it still came off as a bit difficult to understand, at least, for someone not so well-read as Kaiten. For him however, used as he was to his father extensive library, it was normal. There were a number of interesting Mega Evolutions that had been discovered and learnign about Primal Evolution opened up even more questions about the other pokemon who could be considered legendary.

In the back was an index of all discovered Mega Evolutions and their required mega stone, as well as obvious changes, like Mega Swampert's boost to attack or Mega Ampharos gaining the dragon type, alongside illustrations. One of them even referred to Alakazam, the future evolution of his Kadabra.

'You've landed fine it seems.'

Without looking, Kaiten could tell where the voice had come from - his Kadabra. The two shared a psychic link that made them an excellent pair in battle. He and Weavile shared the same bond but Weavile, not being a psychic type, didn't have quite so clear of one.

'How can you tell?'

'There are several pokemon outside working to remove the snow where we landed. That must be what the wait is for.'

'As long as it's nothing serious...'

Kaiten definitely didn't want his first day truly on his own to go horrible. Today was officially the start of his own pokemon journey, not counting his own sojourns out to Solaceon to explore the Unknown. With a sigh, he got up as the plane began to offload, stowing the book away in his messenger bag. Exiting the plane, he wasn't surprised to find it cold, already expecting it thanks to Kadabra's early warning and having pulled own the sleeves of his hoodie and zipped it up in response.

After the first few minutes out in the cold waiting on the tarmac to be cleared, he reached back for his book and stuck his nose back into it. One of the few true joys was the smell of a new book, the fresh ink and paper smell, the smooth spine, unmarked pages. A new book was a mystery waiting to be unveiled and one that Kaiten, like his father, would jump into with abandon.

No sooner had the group began to shift into the baggage claim did Kaiten follow, his nose still stuck in his book. The entire concept of evolution was interesting to him. It was obvious that evolution by experience and time was a part of the world of pokemon but there were other, odder ways of evolution. Magmar for instance, required a special item called a Magmarizer and then had to be traded for it to evolve. How exactly did that work? Or even his own Weavile evolving with the Razor Claw. THere was always more to learn int he world of pokemon; perhaps that was why Lucian had always been such an avid reader as well as a pokemon trainer - he wanted to learn it himself and live it.

Entering the terminal, it was clear it would be a while before the baggage was sorted and the other passengers were restless, two of them having started a pokemon battle. With some interest, Kaiten stood off to he side to watched the battle play out.

Last edited:
Devin looked at Joanne. "Well...I have my one bag and this backpack. The bag has my rollerblading gear in it. Along with some clothes. The backpack is what I carry the rest of my stuff in. " He then turned his head to see there was a battle going on "Whoah...a battle. I've always...wanted to be in one." He glanced back at Caliber, who was watching with an intense stare, especially when the Honedge came out. Marionette watched with less intensety and more curiosity.

Sida turned her head seeing a man reading a book and it sparked her interest. She jumped out of her seat and made her way over to the man not saying anything but kneeling down enough to read the tittle. She had read the book before it fascinated her and she stood back up before opening her mouth "that's a really good book it has so much mystery in it I honestly wonder how many mega evolutions there and if each pokemon has one?" Twoards the end of her question it sounded like she was talking to herself but then decided to wait and see if the man would answer.

Ryan smirked and leaned back watching the battle "who do you think is going to win fire girl or loud mouth?" He smirked as he turned his attention from the battle to the two people sitting next to him. "And if you want we can have a pokemon battle so you can get a taste." He smiled at the man "nothing seriouse like those two are having of course." His smile turned to a grin.

"Impossible," he answered. "The trends so far in Mega Evolution show that only natural final evolutions, if there are such, get a Mega Evolution and even then, it seems to be very spread out on which pokemon have them. For instance, Audino is a pokemon that few would use in any competitive sense yet it has one, which begs the question of why? Others, such as Dragonite do not have them either when one might expect them to. There is also a divide on legendaries - we cannot forget Primal evolution. Does each legendary have a Primal Evolution? Or is it just Groudon and Kyogre? Both Mewtwo and Rayquaza have Mega Evolutions. Mega Evolution truly is a mystery without any significant patterns as to which pokemon can unlock it. All we can do is document it.

"And..." Kaiten paused, looking up over the book at the battle with his full attention. "My money is on flame girl. Honedge is a steel and ghost type, weak to fire. They also can have the No Guard ability so the fire attacks of flame girl's pokemon won't miss. All said, based on type alone and a little information on Honedge's abilities, flame girl is the winner. Of course, loudmouth could have a few surprises."

"A battle would be interesting....he murmured just before he clapped his book shut. "And of course nothing serious like them. But I won't take it easy on you."

Honedge, to orotect itself from the flames, sheathed itself and looked around, only to have its blue-jewel eye crunched by the Fire Fang attack. Honedge made a panicked, metallic hum as embers struck its sash.

It's super effective!

Honedge was burned!

Lucy grumbled under her breath. If she couldn't win, she would at least take away from her opponent the satisfaction of sweeping her team. The burn might have lowered Honedge's physical attack power, but she still had Shadow Ball.

"Honedge, finish it."

The sword shuddered and clanged to the ground, but not before striking Flareon with one more Shadow Ball attack. The flames died down as the sword's single blue eye dimmed.

"Hoo boy. You really showed Little Miss OU over there the what-for," Marco remarked to Hannah. "You oughta get your Flareon checked, though; it looks like it took some major damage in that battle."

Lucy turned away as she recalled her sword, to hide her frustration. She had been reckless in thinking a couple Little Cup Pokémon could best even an NU like Flareon. Perhaps there was more to battling than tier lists and data. Lucy muttered something under her breath, before pulling a wad of bills from her pocket and shoving it at Hannah as prize money.

Joanne watched the entire spectacle. "Geez, someone's salty," she observed, leaning over to Devin. "Gotta admit, though; that match pretty intense. Even though Flareon mopped the floor with those two Pokémon. Didn't even get a chance to hit the other Pokémon with those Stealth Rocks," she continued, as the pointed stones hit the ground, now harmless.

She noticed that the baggage claim machine still hadn't activated. "They must be having more trouble with the cargo bay than I thought..." She turned her head towards Devin. "Hey, on the subject of battling. Would you rather tag up with a partner, or fly a solo act?"

Hannah hurried over to tourch and picked him up and held him close stroking his head "you did so good buddy so so good now its time to rest" she whispered to him softly before clicking her pokeball and opening it. Once tourch was safely inside the pokeball she turned around and smiled at Marco "yea I will go get him checked out right now he just needs to rest hes not good with any of the nurses so that's just going to be a battle all on its own. She smiled at Marco before she walked over to Lucy and held out her hand "your pokemon are really amazing that shadow ball attack is quiet impressive. I cant wait to battle you again." She smiled at the girl trying to make a new friend before she made an enemy but she feared that it was to late. She also reached into her pocked and took out the bills Lucy gave her and she held them in her hand "and please take your money back it just doesn't feel right to take somebody money." She didn't care if people were looking at them funny or if they were talking to her she couldn't hear them any ways.

Sida blinked a few times when information was being thrown at her from all sides about Mega evolution and she looked back at the battle. "Did you know what fire girl cant hear shes deaf and that makes things harder for her in battle especially in a co-op I noticed it when she was squinting to ready Lucys lips." She smiled and turned her attention back to Kaiten "so you seem to now a lot about mega evolution that's so cool I have read a few books on them but never really absorbed any of the information not like you do." She smiled at him and looked over at Ryan "a co-op battle would be fun and oh by the way my name is Sida and the slacker over there is my brother Ryan." She smiled again as she was coming out of her shy shell and started to interact with people. Sida smiled at kaiten "would you like to do a pokemon battle and if I win I get to borrow your book a re-read it if that's okay."

Devin turned towards Joanne, thinking *Wait... is she asking..?* "Well...I mean... I haven't really thought about it...but...a partner would be nice." Devin lightly smiled as Marionette came up behind him and nuzzled next to his head. He brought up his hand to pat her on the head. Caliber had come back as well, having sated himself with that battle he had watched.

Lucy silently took the bills back and weakly shook Hannah's hand.

Joanne nodded at Devin. "Cool, cool. Hey, it looks like they got some passengers off the other jets," she noted, watching as a few other people walked in, some with Poké Balls clipped to their belts. A couple of Trainers took a seat to Joanne's right; a youngster and a lass.

"Man, I don't know how long we're going to have to wait here for our bags," the youngster complained, adjusting his baseball cap. "I bet they're not even trying."

"Come on, Albert," the lass said to the youngster. "You saw the Conkeldurrs chipping away at the frozen cargo bays. You know they were trying their best."

Albert looked to his left and saw Joanne talking to Devin. He looked up at the Ghost-type Pokémon floating around Devin. "Hey, Marie, we should challenge them to a battle," Albert suggested to the lass. Marie nodded in assent, since they were both bored to tears.

Albert tapped Joanne on the shoulder. "Hey, um, do you mind if we battle you guys?" he asked.

Joanne turned over to him and smiled. "Well, alright," she said. She turned to Devin. "Hey, these two just asked for a battle; what do you say we team up?" she proposed.

Devin was surprised, no sooner had he mentioned wanting to go into battle had gwo trainers shown up and asked for one. "Oh, I..umm.. Okay!" The surprise and somewhat happiness of this whole situation was still on his face, but he stood up and was ready for a battle. Caliber took a dominant position in front of Devin. "Oh, Caliber? You want to go first?" Caliber nodded...as wellas a headless creature could. "Well, all right then."

Hannah smiled and she looked at Lucy "I hope your pokemon is okay I didn't think tourch would give your pokemon that much of a beating but what can I say again I'm so sorry." She smiled at Lucy again before turning around and walking over to Marco "shes not that bad of a person just needs some time to get used to a person." She smiled before she went and sat down on one of the benches and she took out her note book and started to sketch some of the pokemon around her.

As the Honedge bobbed in front of Devin, Joanne plucked out a Poké Ball and juggled it in her palm once before clicking the button. In a flash of light, Piper had re-emerged. The Klink whizzed once before stopping and folding inwards.

The other two Trainers pulled out their own Pokémon; Albert released an Elekid, and Marie, a Diggersby. Diggersby grunted and clenched its ear-fists, while Elekid whipped its arms around, sending sparks flying between its plug-like prongs. Electricity danced across Elekid's fingers.

"Whup, that Diggersby's going to be a bit of a problem," Joanne said, watching the rabbit Pokémon idle with its buck-toothed mouth upturned in a silly grin. Piper simply clicked in place, watching Diggersby carefully.

The foe Diggersby used Mud Shot!

Diggersby scuffed the floor a bit with its ears, making a small mud ball, and flung it at Caliber, but Piper managed to intersect it and crush it between the teeth of its gears. The twin cogwheels clattered to the ground, rolling a bit before bursting with electromagnetism and returning to air. The mud splattered all over the Klink's eyes, but because of the Clear Body ability, Piper wouldn't attack any less accurately no matter how much mud Diggersby decided to sling at it.

Piper used Return!

The gears snapped their backs together and rolled in the same direction, falling to the ground and rushing towards Diggersby. They leaped high in the air and came down upon the Ground-type Pokémon, right between the ears. Diggersby winced when the gears clocked it in the forehead, and wobbled about, dazed.

The foe Elekid used Charge!

Meanwhile, Elekid began to fling its arms around like rotors again, spraying sparks from the yellow hairs on its large forearms. Elekid grinned at Caliber with a bit of a wild glare.

Meanwhile, Marco leaned over to get a look at what Hannah was drawing. "Hey, who ya sketching?" he asked, watching the notebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh? I didn't notice... It's understandable how she would have difficulty in a co-op battle if she can't communicate well with her partner. I'm not used to co-op battles myself but a double battle is easy enough. But I suppose you could say I know a lot about Mega-Evolution. My father tends to pick those books up seeing as such knowledge is necessary for what he does and then I get to read them myself. Most of the time. Sometimes I get the book first.

"Sida, and Ryan..." he said, looking at each of them in turn. "My name's Kaiten and I think those stakes are fair enough, though I'm afraid on the off chance you win, I'll be tagging along with you so I can get it back. Like I said, I won't go easy on you. So, my two pokemon against one each of yours."

Reaching down for the pokeballs at his belt, he was barely an inch away when both seemed to leap into his hand, though so close, it could just have been an optical illusion rather than psychic powers. Spinning them across his palm with his fingers and using his psychic power to keep them perfectly balanced, he smiled at the twins.

"Whenever you're ready."

Devin watched as the battle went down. Then noticed Caliber glance back at him. With a sort of silent signal, Devin looked Caliber straight in the eye, then made a slight motion with his hand towards the Elekid that had so wickedly looked at Caliber. Caliber's gaze turned to the Elekid, and was followed by...

Caliber used Swords Dance!

Swinging around and finally aiming straight up, Caiber returned to his original positioning and then stared the Elekid down with a gaze that could make a Froslass shiver.

Sida smiled at her brother "well I'll start of brother just watch and learn." She winked at her brother before taking out each of her pokeballs and thinking to her self 'both are water pokemon and i have no idea what he has so lets hope that they are fire' she swallowed hard before throwing her pokeball out and a Squirtle with a red bandanna comes out and jumps into a fighting stance. "Okay bubbles you can do it just fight hard and what ever happens happens." She smiled down at her pokemon before she took a deep breath and waited for Kaiten to throw his pokemon out. "Even if we don't win I would enjoy having your company on our adventure if your up to it." She smiled at him before glancing back at Ryan who was off to the side watching the battles. But keeping an eye on his sisters battles.

"Hmm... A Squirtle. Water type, high defenses, final form: Blastoise. Dad dealt with one of those just before I left. I'll handle it the same way he did then."

Catching one pokeball in his palm he let the other roll out onto a single outstretched finger before flicking it out. The ball flew through to air to land several yards away, bursting a flash of light before the recoil brought it back to Kaiten's other hand. When the light faded, it revealed a Kadabra, a twisted spoon in hand and a serious look on it's face. It held the spoon almost like a blade before it, guarding against an attack.

"Oh, I'd be more than happy to join you - traveling is always fun with friends. Just don't be too surprised."

Smirking, he sent his Kadabra a telepathic command: 'Energy Ball.' Spinning it's spoon quickly, Kadabra slashed horizontally, a ball of green light sent flying at the Squirtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.