Pokémon: Go Adventure! (Interest Check, See Inside for Details)

Both of those sound good; you could honestly play both if you wanted, but it's up to you.

Also; @Kurogane86, @Briar Rose, @Youreverydaywildchild, @Reythaak.

Are you guys cool with possibly having a Discord OoC? Just a bit easier to keep track of everything and I can keep you guys up to date in real time how things are going (plus it allows us to multi-post without spamming the forums with the thread constantly being at the top of the list).

Honestly it's up to you if you want to use a discord. I just find that most of the time people forget about the discord ooc and valuable info is lost causing people to quit or mess up alot.

Honestly it's up to you if you want to use a discord. I just find that most of the time people forget about the discord ooc and valuable info is lost causing people to quit or mess up alot.

True enough. In either event I'd likely have both, but some people find discord easier.

I joi ed discord for a couple of rps im in now and its works fine. But we have the general chat and important info spilt up into different chats so its easier to find

I joi ed discord for a couple of rps im in now and its works fine. But we have the general chat and important info spilt up into different chats so its easier to find

Yeah it's kind of nice to have that separation, plus I usually make a server that allows for joint-posts so if two people wanna RP a conversation it doesn't wind up taking up multiple posts and easily turns into one.

Yuueeessss!!

And I've had a character hanging around that would be a great fit.

He's a newly assigned Ranger to the region. All Rangers assigned to League 'governed' regions are certified to participate in the Pokemon League, but they will still have to meet with the Professor of their assigned station.

Yuueeessss!!

And I've had a character hanging around that would be a great fit.

He's a newly assigned Ranger to the region. All Rangers assigned to League 'governed' regions are certified to participate in the Pokemon League, but they will still have to meet with the Professor of their assigned station.

Just for reference though, he'd still be using Pokéballs to capture Pokémon and train them, correct? Or would he be a 'one and done' kind of trainer and only keep his starter for simplicities sake?

He'd have full use access to the League system like all trainers, just he'd have more training on how to handle stressed out pokemon and how to manage disasters should they strike.

In short, he'd use pokeballs when appropriate, but he'll work to befriend the target pokemon and let them make the choice on whether to tag along or not

Reactions: BigBirdie
For the CS are we using realistic images or semi-realistic/anime?

I'm more amused by the fact that psychics in the pokemon games seem to actually be capable of telekinesis than the fact they usually use psychic types (and ghosts in later games).

I think more thinking someone who was raised around psychic types, can do a little telekinesis, but at this point might be kind of freaked out by psychic types themselves.

That. Or a "hex maniac," who's possessed/haunted by something like a really old ninetales that passed on, and is more-or-less trying to become a League champion to put the pokemon's soul to rest.

Either way, something slightly odd like that, that isn't explored too much in the games themselves and is just kind of accepted as a "thing." Not necessarily restricted to the types the trainer classes use, but just pulling from their defining traits and expanding on them some.

And I'd be fine with an OOC Discord.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
That could be interesting. If you don't go the possessed/haunted route, then even one thing that you could do is make them sort of like N (ie. their psychic ability grants them the power to understand most Pokémon speech as English, thus allowing them to have a close bond with their 'mon while also proving that there's something a bit more supernatural going on).

But the combination of ideas could work as well (ie. a Pokémon spirit reincarnated in a human seeking to win the League/compete as a means to put their soul to rest, but the spirit inside them also gives them the power to understand most Pokémon)

Yeah. I'm looking at someone possessed/haunted by a powerful pokemon spirit (a volcarona, or ninetales. Something big and flashy) that had been competing in one of the various pokemon leagues with it's trainer. But it's trainer got sick and passed before they could finish their challenge. Pokemon passed on shortly after it's trainer due to grief and such, and thus ended up haunting/attaching itself to my character and pushing them to complete the challenge in Holon due to the character having some natural affinity to the supernatural and the ability to understand pokemon a la N.

Then, if we ever reach "the end", I get the fun of my character having to decide if they really want to finish the challenge and let the spirit that's probably become their friend by this point actually pass and heartfelt blah-blah-blah that pokemon does sometimes. :P

Potential side-effect: Some pokemon are either afraid of your character or else are unusual intent on him/her

Oh yeah. Ghosts and Psychic types probably both are probably a certain amount of "Uhhh... Nope."

Most ghosts would be interested. Some Psyhics would 'Nope', and some of the other types would be either or.

It would also depend on the pokemon itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also. @mr_pibbs . Same question as wildchild earlier. What kind of pictures are you going to be wanting for character sheets? Realistic or are more anime-esque ones acceptable?

Also. @mr_pibbs . Same question as wildchild earlier. What kind of pictures are you going to be wanting for character sheets? Realistic or are more anime-esque ones acceptable?

Aiming for more anime-esque ones in order to stay in line with the semi-cartoonish nature of the universe, but really any drawn images will work.

• Useful