2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Scifi, Magical
[fieldbox="Ke'oa Island, hotpink, dotted"]
Arughhhh. A far off, rumbling howl reverberates through the endless sectors of an inky dimesion filled with otherworldly organisms and feral beasts foreign to man. Piercing through the blackness of the alternate reality, a light begins to shine and a portal slowly peeks open which leads to the Pokémon world. On the other side, the manifestation of a wormhole above a beach with rosy sands and luminescent waters is witnessed by an entity unseen within the dimness of an early morning.

Behind the trunk of a leaning palm tree, a darkened silhouette of an eerie clown lurks silent and watching. A malformed and fiendish smile cracks ever so slowly across the clown's white painted lips with draping bangs covering his lustful look of anticipation. Something vile would escape the supernatural portal.

Near the other side of the island of Ke'oa on a different beach, a wee little boy with golden hair fumbles upon the back of a wild Crustle and nearly topples off the sedimentary shell upon the unsuspecting crab's back. "I did it." Squeaked the child with a titter, as his ocean blue eyes closed to form that of upside down smiles. Once not getting any sort of reply, he searched around anxiously to see where his sister had gone.

"Freeze, Lyle. Be back in a flash!" A noticeably handsome girl with moon grey hair requested in a hurried tone, as she swiftly ascended the steps toward a dainty tree hut above.

"..Nessa?" The teeny fellow known as Lyle questioned, as he slipped from atop the Crustle who had begun slowly trudging along. "Ohh no." Lyle peeped after the fall, and he attempted to scuffle upon the towering crustacean once more. After some failed attempts, Lyle crossed his arms and gave a slight pout. He quickly realized that he was alone, and scrambled up the stairs to the tree house.

"Right here, pal. Told you not to move." Sighed Nessa, as she met him at the opening of their hut. Lyle just hugged her leg with a relieved expression. Nessa turned away to pocket a bottle that rattled with pills, and took Lyle's hand to lead him out. "C'mon, midget. We might be late." She told her baby brother with a striking grin.

Shortly after their departure, the siblings arrived to an intricately designed academy that was lit up for a special occasion. A new arrival of students were there to celebrate with the staff and some other notable figures on Kealu. Lyle tottled on ahead to greet some of the newly enrolled trainers, while Nessa took in the sights.

Upon the shores, fire flared above the smooth sands which spewed from a fire breathing dancer. Also lighting up the vicinity, were swirls of flames from a twirling staff during the fire performance. At the front of five performers, Nessa recognized a certain flirty girl who stole the spotlight with her magnificent fire skills.

The spirited girl had strawberry blond hair that she pinned up in an exotic fashion, and wore a tan sarong skirt with a flowery top. She twirled two lit staffs at her side while spinning effortlessly and while seductively batting her eyelashes at the crowd. That was Lealah, no doubt... a trial captain who was entrusted with a z-ring by island Kahuna Mialee.

Stepping onto the sands, was the mellow Kahuna herself. Mialee's frosty colored eyes contrasted well with her dark blue hair that she had twisted in a bun. Lying across her shoulders is a thin, fuschia scarf which blended well with the rest of her attire.

Beside the recognizable Kahuna, was a man in his late thirties with blond curls and a steel grey lab coat and blue framed shades atop his head. Showing beneath the coat, was a caramel tanned diver's build and black shorts with a blue waist band. The man was Prof. Lewie, the head professor of the region.

Walking up beside Lewie, was a familiar pokémon with a shelder latched onto its head (view). The wise creature was Prof. Lewie's assisstant, Slow King, who aided him around his lab. When the trio arrived, the fire performance ended, and Lealah joined Nessa who made her way to stand in a line to the side of Prof. Lewie.

Joining Nessa and Lealah in the line, was a slightly younger boy and a guy their age.

The younger kid struck a dramatic pose, with a hand resting on his waste and the other raised (palm facing him), and held it there until he would be announced. It was really only something Quilliam would do, and then he'd strike an after pose when introduced. He wore a magenta, button up shirt with cream colored shorts and a necklace made of white flowers. Quilliams hair was a dark chocolate and his eyes a shade of red.

The guy their age was Tyroc (Visual), and despite his intense appearance, he was quite friendly. He flashed a big smile toward Lealah and Nessa before looking ahead for the Professor's announcement.

"Kulaa'e! Young trainers, wuzzup? We welcome you to our academy. I am Lewie, a Professor of Kealu and the Principal on campus. The office is located on the east wing of the school, and my lab is up top." The Professor told them.

Slow King gave a polite nod, and the Professor continued, "Slow King is my helper, along with my other pokémon. They'll be wandering around here or near where I am."

Lewie lifted his hand to his left side in front of the Kahuna and began again, "Kahuna Mialee is your new appointed teacher, who will give you assignments that will be helpful to you."

"Kulaa'e. Should be fun." Greeted Mialee, who pleasantly beamed at her new students.

"To the right of me is Kealu's Trial captains. A colorful bunch. You may try their trials when the time comes. We encourage you to get to know them while they're here to visit."

At the news of this, Quilliam struck his finishing pose as suspected and the others waved with friendly faces (and a few winks from Lealah at any cute new trainers). Tyroc gave a respectful bow rather than a wave. Nessa just gave a grin which felt cheesy, but she just went with it accompanied by a slow wave.

"Ehy, now come find me when you must, and claim a pokémon whom will aid you on your tours throughout Kealu." With this, Lewie flashed the inside of his coat which had rows upon rows of shrunken pokéballs attached on the inside. He then exited the scene with Slow King and left the others to mingle before class would start.

~~~

Kahuna Mialee steps forth, "If I may claim your attention, please... Here at the academy you have the opportunity to learn about various subjects that you'd like to explore. I am well versed, so I can happily teach you about nearly anything that you'd like to know about Kealu and Pokémon." The relaxed Kahuna began again, "As mentioned by the Professor, I am also offering assignments that will help prepare you for the island trials and for the journey ahead."

"I urge you to get a Pokémon from Professor Lewie that may assist you on your first assignment." Mialee said carefully, "It will be to clear away two different infestations at separate locations on Ke'oa. One currently occuring at the cove, and the other at the Merry Bloom flower shop."

"The beach near the Academy is flooded with pesky Pyukumuku and it needs to be dealt with. Some are quite aggressive and will lash out if disturbed. They are a big problem for the islanders who wish to enjoy the sea."

"Meanwhile, the elegant Pualani trees (view) outside of the flower shop are under attack by irksome Grubbin and a few Charjabug." She paused to look over her bright looking group of students before continuing. "Protecting these trees is vital as the Pualani blossoms have medicinal properties that are used by the nearby Pokémon Center."

"You will be split into two teams: Team Cove and Team Flower. Whichever team you're named is the assignment that you will take on. I will partner you up at random to deal with these issues." Her frosty blue eyes searched the class as she decides who will be paired.

Interaction: Everyone Location: Kealu Region GMPCs & NPCs: Lyle & Nessa, The Professor, Kahuna Mialee, & Trial Captains[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
The Undina Archipelago. A fine place where groups of houses were on small islands, seperated by seas. The distance between these islands were not particularly long, and the maidens of the Undina Tribe spent their days swimming between them and engaging in activities.

At night, however, all were sound asleep, all but one - the young Diana. Diana, with Tynamo and Inkay by her side - were preparing to head into the outside world.

"Bzzzt?" Tynamo questioned.

sStfVyT.png

"Of course I am, this place is so... restrictive. I know I'm ready to head out, and nothing will stop me!"

"Krrrrrgg..." Inkay comments.

"I've got you two, and I know how to fight. That's enough, right? Now, let's make a move."

Diana, Tynamo and Inkay swam through the waters.

"Relax, I know exactly where I'm going."

It's been half a week since the arrival. Diana, Tynamo and Inkay have lived off berries and the wilderness.

"Land dwellers live in such odd environments," Diana says as she walks along, "and odd lifestyles. Odd clothes, too. Oh look! Water! Just what we need to stay hydrated!"

Diana and Inkay land their bodies on a pond, disturbing and intimidating some specially coloured Magikarp.

"I can't imagine how it must be like to live in so little water," Diana turns to look at the Magikarp. "Don't you agree, Tynamo- huh? Partner? Where are you?"

Diana and Inkay removed themselves from the pond, her silky drapes now wet and stuck upon her clothes. There, she and Inkay saw Tynamo communicating with some Grubbin and Charjabug on the trees.

"What're these weird land Pokemon called?" Diana ponders. "Never seen one of these before. And these over here..." Diana notices the Charjabug, "they look so... boxy. Well, if Tynamo can touch them, then I can touch them too!"

Diana plucks a Charjabug and a Grubbin from their positions. "That mouth looks kinda sharp. These must be Bug-type Pokemon."

"Bzzt..." Tynamo communicated with the two bug-types in Diana's hands, seeming to apologize.

@True Self

It was early morning when Erin woke in the Pokécenter. The benches that the nurses had hastily put together served as a rather hard bed but she'd slept in worse places before. Besides, hard surfaces were supposed to be healthy for people (though Erin couldn't really see why; her back ached slightly). She considered herself lucky to be allowed to camp in the center like this. The nurses had been more understanding than she'd thought they'd be - upon hearing Erin's story of how she'd capsized into the sea, she'd been allowed slept in the center ever since.

A small whine alerted her to her newfound friend. She'd met the Poochyena a few days ago scavenging for food. Based on its close proximity to the town, its familiarity with humans, and the dirty collar around its neck, Erin knew that it was a former pet. But had it been abandoned or lost? She had no idea; the Poochyena seemed quite happy enough to tag along. Anyway, she figured that if the owner was in town, they'd see her eventually. Erin had taken to a regular routine of marching around holding a "missing board" for her Fearow - it would be hard to miss her or the little Pokémon padding along beside her.

"Okay, okay," she murmured as the Poochyena jumped at her legs. "I'll get up."
Withholding a yawn, Erin slid off the benches and gathered up her equipment - a bag holding her ruined maps and her cardboard poster. She waved to the nurses before leaving the center, the Poochyena rushing ahead for the freedom of the streets. She decided to head to the beaches first to clean up a bit. Despite her crash a week ago, she wasn't scared of the ocean... mostly. The waters near the shores were clear and shallow; nothing like the dark waves she'd almost drowned in.

-----

"You have to get clean too!"
Erin chased the Poochyena around the sands. The Pokémon seemed to think that they were playing a game of sorts but she was nothing but serious. She didn't know when the Pokémon had last had a bath but its smell gave her a good idea that it wasn't recent. Erin stooped down to its level and tried coaxing it gently into the water. In return, it sent sand flying her way.

"Ack!"
She splashed water into her eyes. The salt managed to make things even worse and she emerged coughing. "Be dirty then," she muttered. She didn't want to force the Pokémon to do anything. Just as she was getting ready to leave for the town, however, she felt something wriggle beneath her feet.
"Huh?"

Poochyena barked wildly before running over and digging at the spot. The sand flew everywhere, getting into Erin's recently washed hair.
"Stop, stop!"
She snatched the thrashing Pokémon into her arms. In time, it calmed down but continued its incessant barking. It strained its neck towards the hole it had dug, making Erin peer down to see just what it was that vexed her companion.

A black... thing covered with pink spikes slowly wriggled around at her feet. Erin vaguely recollected its name, which started with a "P". She knew that it was a Pokémon but why it had stressed out the Poochyena, she had no clue.
"It's kinda cute," she muttered. She knelt down and picked it up in her hand. Poochyena snapped at it, causing her to hold it over her head where it was safe.
"Behave," she scolded. Now, where could she hide it where it wouldn't be bothered anymore? Her thoughts were interrupted by its sudden contraction before it started puking out something white.
"Ack!" She placed it on the ground again but the damage had been done. Her hand tingled and felt "prickly" where the white stuff had touched. Washing her hand in the water didn't seem to help (though she took the opportunity to splash some over Poochyena's body, finally giving it a little wash).

As she turned around, Erin witnessed a virtual army of the puking Pokémon emerge from the sands. From what she could discern from their blank faces, they were hostile. At least they seemed to be, what with their converging on her little by little.
"Right," she yelped, "let's get out of here." Ignoring her Poochyena's growls, Erin made a break for it. She jumped and dodged over the Pokémon and made her way back towards town.

-----

"What is it, Poochyena?"
The dog Pokémon had been wriggling around in her arms for quite a while now. Erin hadn't let it down on the ground just yet in fear that it'd go rushing back to the beach. It whined and stretched its body left, making Erin stagger in her step.
"You want me to go this way? Why?"
Another struggle occurred.
"Okay... I guess we can try. Do you smell Fearow? Is that it?"

She made her way through the brush. From ahead, she could hear noise - it sounded like people talking. Perhaps they'd found her Fearow dragging itself along the shores! Reinvigorated at the thought of completing one of her goals, Erin began to run until at last, she burst through clearing and came across a gathering of people - most of which looked around her age. Her Fearow was nowhere to be found. Erin froze, hoping that they hadn't seen her yet. As if sensing her hesitation, Poochyena stayed silent as well.

Reactions: Takumi
Kai had shown up just in time to this festive scene to see it in full swing, looking all around to the colorful flowing fabrics, the twirling fire, the smiling faces, so much going on in the space they where settled around. He didn't enjoy the burning smell of the fire so he kept his distance from it, looking and trying to memorize the others there who would start the journey too and memorize the captain's and kuhanas.. He would need to know this all, for later on.

When the professor Lewis showed and spoke, he stood up, perked at attention he looked to the many shrunken pokeballs, however he found his gaze drawn and rather focused on one of those.. feeling a pull towards the one he stared at he blinked, snapping out of the kind of spell once he closed his coat, hiding them and informing them where to find him. He felt his heart race as he thought of finally having his own pokemon partner and friend.

Yet again his attention moved to another figure who explained their first 'task' and how there was trouble on the beach, and also trouble at the flower shop. He recalled the young girl and the male whom worked there, and his chest tightened. This was bad, not only dis the pokecenters need these plants for their medical properties, but this put the two whom had helped him buy his mother and father the bouquets in trouble! He wanted to help them so much, and he bit his inner cheek, thinking about it he turned his gaze to the building.. top floor in the east wing. Before he could ever hope to help anybody.. He had to get his partner pal, and so he looked to the rest, smiling. "Well, I'm going to rush ahead and see if I can't get my own pokemon partner now.. after all can't help anybody if I don't have one..! Best luck to you guys what ever team you and your partners end up on!!" He said to those there.. then he turned and making sure his medicine bag was secured on him he ran off after the professor to obtain his first ever pokemon.

"Ugh Daddy!" Nova whined as her father squeezed her into yet another one of his bear hugs. "Oh my little Nova bear!" He said, his giant muscles wrapping around her petite figure and rendering her incapable of escaping his affections. "Okay Blake let her go before you squeeze the life out of her!" Her mother chirped, shooing her husbands arms away long enough for Nova to jump away. Brushing herself off, she looked up at her father and beamed "Don't worry Daddy I'll be fine! This is what you wanted for me anyway!" She reminded her father who stood pouting. "I know, I know I just can't believe the day has actually arrived! You're really leaving!" She smiled sheepishly as she finished packing her backpack.

"It's okay dad! I have Phanpy to keep me company!" She reminded him. At the sound of his name, her tiny elephant companion popped his head around the corner of her house and smiled. "Oh that reminds me!" Blake said rummaging around in his own gym bag before finding a shrunken pokeball. "Here! Your mother and I wanted to give you a little gift to remind you of home and help you along your journey!" He said, presenting the small poke ball to his daughter. Nova beamed and bounced on her feet as she reached out to grab it. She could only guess it was a fire type since those were her fathers specialty. Releasing the pokemon from its ball she squealed in delight to find it was a Growlithe. "AH! He's adorable!" She said, clapping her hands together at the sight of the orange puppy dog. Little did she know this cute little pokemon was going to be the absolute death of her.

After a tearful goodbye with her parents and her older twin brothers. She biked from her hometown of Lilycove City to the ocean front town of Pacifidlog Town. Her parents had brought her a ticket aboard a ship from her home in the Hoenn region to the island region of Ke'oa. The biking had taken a few days, but none the less had been pretty straightforward. Once she had reached the dock, she realized Growlithe had disappeared. Running around the city in a frenzy had almost caused Nova to miss the ship's take off. Thankfully she had found her Growlithe in one of the abandoned storehouses. After a long argument she threatened to leave the poor pokemon in the storehouse to which he finally gave in and followed his trainer onto the ship.

The ride to Ke'oa was longer than she expected, but she couldn't complain since the food was delicious and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The weather onboard the ship was beautiful most days, however the ship had made its way through a bit of a troublesome storm. Along with the storm came pouring rain and massive amounts of lightening and thunder. The noises sent Phanpy ruining for cover under the sheet with Nova most nights. However, one night in particular the storm raged so much that Nova feared the ship itself was going to sink. What she didn't know was that the ship had gone through a worm hole, and no one had even known. After the storm settled it was smooth sailing from there. Making the rest of the trip as delightful as it had been before the storm, if not better. Many people thought the beautiful weather was because of the tropical region that was oh so close.

While on board, Nova had taken the time alone on the ship to explore some new battle techniques and to try and get her two pokemon in shape. While her Phanpy was used to using his moves for beauty instead of power, it was a tough transition for him to learn accuracy. On the other hand, her newly acquired Growlithe had a mind of his own, and made sure Nova knew it. He would use every move she told him not to and sometimes he'd just lay down in the middle of practice and refuse to get back up. Causing Nova to whine and get frustrated. The two butted heads quite a bit, however Nova always made sure to feed his a little extra poke block at dinner time and made sure to keep him away from the water that would occasionally splash onto the deck. Maybe in time he would come to respect her the way she respected him.

Their journey across the sea had landed them here, in the middle of a spectacular fire show at the Ke'oa pokemon academy. Professor Birch had gotten her a spot there on special request of her father. Nova stood in awe of the lady who seemed like she could almost control fire herself. After the show ended she clapped politely, thinking to herself how good the lady could be at contests and reminding herself to go get some pointers from the lady. Shaking her head she reminded herself that she was here to learn how to be a trainer, not enhance her contest skills. Watching the professor, who introduced himself as Professor Lewie, give the welcoming speech and introduced the trial captains. She figured they were like the gym leaders that circulated her home region. She watched the little dramatic boy strike a new poise and giggled softly. Her Phanpy, who sat next to her feet, made a soft noise in excitement. Nova didn't trust Growlithe enough to let him roam free like Phanpy. After the professor finished his speech, he invited the students who hadn't yet acquired a pokemon to come find him, and then made his way off the stage.

Nova glanced around, thinking she should mingle with someone before another voice took the stage. Introducing herself as Kahuna Mialee, their new teacher. Nova disregarded the message about getting a pokemon, because she already had two of her own. However she did listen closely at the details of their first assignments. She nodded more to herself before looking at Phanpy and smiling. "Think we can handle those Phanpy?" The small pokemon gave her a fierce look and nodded, drawing a giggle from Nova. She turned her attention to the others near her while Mialee pondered the teams. She giggled an older boy excitedly ran to get a pokemon from the professor. She waved and called after him "Good luck to you too!" It was a shame she didn't catch his name, but she had a feeling she would see him again. Looking around to the others she gave a charming smile and said "Hey there, I'm Nova and I'm from Lilycove city in Hoenn!"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: EchoRun
~Shores of Ke'oa~

Huoahhh-ahh. Aureus finished a good yawn as he exited his sea shack and stepped out onto the beach to start the day. "SON OF A F*CK!" A sharp piercing pain like stepping on a stack of leggos, but worse, stabbed into his fleshy sole.

He hobbled around and nearly fell on his ass. "F*cking DAMN IT..." He felt his face get hot in rage as he spotted the culprit that caused him hellish pain. A chubby ass Pyukumuku.

Aureus looked down at the shoes he had been carrying in his hand to put on later and lost his shit. He let out a satisfying laugh after punting the fat blob in the face like a football back into the ocean. Then and there his chuckling face froze when he noticed that his beach was hidden by a wave of the black devils. "Fuck me..."

Aureus threw on his shoes and limped over to the nearest Pyukumuku with others of them around. "Screw you." He said as he kicked sand in its face. "And you, and you. You too." Doing so just pissed them off and they began retaliating.

He managed to evade most of the advances, but they started to jump him like a bunch of hoodlums. After dodge rolling from a shitload of counter attacks, he stepped back to reassess the situation. He could waste the entire day away scrapping with hundreds of sea cucumbers from hell, or he could get an electric type Pokemon from the Pokemon School and gain some advantage.

MAKADARU! A manic red creature popped out of the sea shack and rolled through the air toward the horde of water types. Instead of smashing into them like a bowling ball, the Darumaka watched himself fly over them and face plant on some visible sand. Darumaka sat up dizzily and nearly fainted.

"Bruh... They'll wreck you. Let's get reinforcement." Aureus told the failure. The fire troll sprang into Aureus arm and sunk its arms into its body to sleep like an egg.
It was a short walk to the school, and Aureus could see the event already starting for the new students. Some chick was spinning some fire and after the show she joined a girl who he'd consider one of the guys had he known her. Some others stood with them in a line beside Lewie. A strange theatre kid and a quiet islander dude. His teacher was announced to be the Kahuna which was hot.

"I want the cove. It's my home." He gave a "sup" nod to everyone and walked off to find the professor.

Aureus

Gabriel barely slept the night before, despite Luvan's warnings that he should get a full night's rest. While he might have slept in, he woke up bright and early. This was mostly because Luvan stopped by to make sure Gabriel was awake before he left the house, but at this point Gabriel was so used to waking up early, he had already been getting ready. Luvan gave Gabriel some small advice, and let him know that if living at the school wasn't working out, he was always free to come back to his place before saying goodbye. It was kind of obvious that Luvan didn't really have any experience with this sort of thing, but he was trying his best anyway.

When Gabriel first started living with Luvan, he'd join him on his fishing trips. Eventually, Gabriel grew bored with that, which was when he decided he'd go on an adventure of sorts. Luvan supported this idea, and suggested that he go to the academy to familiarize himself with the region, receive a Pokemon, and hopefully make some friends he could travel with. When Gabriel looked into the academy more, he saw that they offered a lot of things for students, including living quarters. He'd be able to let Luvan have his house to himself again. That was the plan anyway.

Once Luvan left, Gabriel decided he should be on his way as well. He'd probably be early, but he felt awkward and restless hanging around the empty house on his own. So he left, locking the door behind him. With a backpack carrying his few belongings slung over his shoulder, he set off for the school. Fortunately, Luvan's house was one the same island as the academy, and even though it was a bit of a walk, he didn't mind. He took the opportunity to film some of the landscape as he walked, explaining what his film would be of and what he hoped to do through it as he walked. Mostly, it would be a log of the journey. But maybe if it was good enough, he could share it and strengthen the bond between people and Pokemon.

He eventually reached the school, and was glad to see that he wasn't nearly as early as he thought he was going to be. There was plenty of activity happening at the academy, but what immediately caught his attention was the fire dancers. Although it was something he knew he'd never be able to do himself, he'd always really appreciated how much effort these dancers put into their performances. He tried to find a good viewpoint before he began recording a bit of the performance, putting away the camera as the performance ended and the Professor began speaking.

He listened carefully, taking mental note of the information he felt was important. Others were leaving to go get their Pokemon. He'd also have to go to Lewie when he was ready to get his "actual" starter Pokemon, but first he wanted to meet some other students and see who his partners would be for the assignment. One girl introduced herself, so he used that as an opportunity to do the same.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Gabriel Knight. I'm from Ke'oa island." He replied, clipping his camera to his belt since he wasn't using it. He hadn't heard of the Heonn region before. Maybe he'd heard it wrong, or it was really far away. "What brings you to the Kealu region?"

((@Violet ))

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and Violet
U'ilani

Crumbled up beneath U'ilani was a light weight off pink fabric, which had been used as a traditional island skirt earlier, but was now the cool dimension between her bare, crossed legs and the sand too warm for her liking. Her white crisscrossed sandals were carefully propped above the sand beside her, holding down the edges of the fabric as the light sea breeze tried to snatch it away. Caught beneath the warm, golden sun rays she held an off red pincer, which had broken off of some passerby krabby and was now the concentration of her fidgeting whilst her ears remained tuned into her instructors and their introductions. She was always restless, just like her father -- had to be doing two things at once, such as being initiated into an academy whilst polishing some creatures lost limb.

"They say when a krabby loses it's pincer, it can't walk sideways anymore. No one knows why," U'ilani told her partner pokemon, eevee, better known as Lottie. The pup made a small noise of acknowledgement from beside her companion's legs, before returning to her very detailed and delicate grooming session, paw repeatedly moving over her long ears.

I urge you to get a Pokémon from Professor Lewie that may assist you on your first assignment, Kahuna Mialee indulged, the opportunity to acquire a new companion causing Lani's head to perk up. Squinting beneath the sun rays, she wondered immediately who would suit not only their little party of two, but also who would be most beneficial in terms of assignments. "I don't really care what team I'm on," Sonny crossed her long legs, setting the pincer aside and peering up at the gathering students around her, some were dashing off excitedly and others were dawdling. "I don't know what starter I want either..." She placed her chin on her open palm, huffing and kicking up her ashy locks a bit. "Kahuna Mialee, how do you know what starter is right for you?"

Hey there, I'm Nova and I'm from Lilycove city in Hoenn!

lani, terrible with world geography, peered between who she'd come to know as Nova and Gabriel, totally clueless. "Where's Hoenn?"

It seemed far, but everything did when you were raised in the same place forever, and traveling was never in the cards. Their big trips were... the supermarket. Huffing again, the dainty pale faced girl fell back, her body emitting a soft thud against the thin fabric between herself and the sands. She winced under the sun until a cloud drifted over, softening the rays, then she opened them back up, just in time to catch her little pup, who peered over her head curiously and pressed her always cold nose to the girl's forehead. "Everything's so far." Lani let her head fall to the side, peering at the Kahuna and wondering if she'd ever get to her status with how much of a beginner she was.​

• Love
Reactions: EchoRun and Violet
Ajax had left the pokemon center worried, Caesar and Genji made a full recovery after their last battle but Dianna was in critical condition. It would be a while before he got her back. He sighed and walked down the street and saw three thugs picking on a little girl, she cried as they played keep away with her Togepi. Ajax sighed "Guess this is happening." He mumbled as walked up to one of them "Knock knock." He said the thug that caught the Togepi looked at him, Ajax jabbed him in the nose. He groaned and tossed the Togepi up, Ajax caught it and handed it back to the little girl and she ran off. "What the helix? You punched me in the face you-" Ajax cut him off by punching him in the nose again "Agh!! You did it again!" then Ajax punched him in the same spot again, and again, and again "Stop it!" He said but Ajax punched again "GAAAAAH!!! DAMMIT!!!" The thug exclaimed "What did my dad tell me to do in this situation." The thug mumbled and tried to think but Ajax decked him in the schnozz once more "Agh! You caught off pop pop!" The thug exclaimed "So.... are you gonna start dodging any of these?" Ajax asked. The thug tried to stand up "Ohhhh that's what he said-" the thug realized but once again was punched in the nose "SWEET MERCIFUL ARCEUS!!! SOME SUPPORT WOULD BE NICE!!" The thug directed that towards his friends "Well you have a lovely mahogany complexion. You're an awesome wingman. You know the best hang outs to find ladies. And you have a sweet pool in your house." The other two thugs took turns talking "I meant punch him or something, you morons!" The thug exclaimed then sighed "But thanks anyway, i kind of really needed that-" he thanked his friends and was once again cut off by Ajax decking him in the schnozz "AGH!!! DAMMMIT!! I think he broke something that time." The thug complained and went to sit in the corner "Hey, you can't do that to our friend! Who do you think you are?" The tall thug said asertively "I'm Ajax you lanky ass karate kid bully rip off, and your friend's as dumb as a slopoke." Ajax retorted "Hey! You can't talk to him like that! What do you think this is?" The fat thug responded "I think it's time for you to go on a diet and loose some weight fatty, that's what this is." Ajax retorted "Hey! You can't talk to them like that! Someone should call the police in you." The injured thug said clutching his nose "Someone should kick you in the groin to keep you from further polluting the island's gene pool with your stupidity." Ajax replied and adjusted his sunglasses. He sighed and started to turn to walk away "Yeah well... that's rich coming from some guy with a chicken hawk." The fat thug retorted. Ajax immediately stopped, he hated it when people made fun of his hair. He faced them with fire in his eyes as he threw his pokeballs up in the air. Caesar and Genji appeared. The two thugs summoned their pokemon as well "Get em, zigzagoon." Said the fat one, his zigzagoon eagerly waited for a command "Take em down weedle." The tall one said. Ajax sighed and cracked his neck. "Zigzagoon, use tackle." The thug commanded, zigzagoon ran towards Genji "Genji, Counter." Ajax ordered, Genji stood and received the tackle only to spin and slap the zigzagoon back to his trainer. The zigzagoon struggled to get up but collapsed then fainted. The fat thug looked surprised then called him back. The tall thug groaned "Weedle use poison sting." The weedle charged towards Caesar ready to sting him "Caesar, Thunder fang." Ajac ordered, Caesar clamped his jaw on the weedle's head as lighting crackled arounf the bug pokemon. Once it fainted Caesar spat him out at the tall thug's feet. The thugg called him back and looked nervous. Him and the fat one ran off. The injured one got up and ran after them "Wait for me!" He called out. Ajax grinned and scoffed "Amateurs." He said and called back his pokemon. He walked down the street and looked around.

Last edited:
Cleo had been in Kealu for a day or two, having taken up residence with her older brother after they arrived. Mostly due to the fact that he knew how to drive a boat and navigate, and that he didn't want her to have trouble starting out. Luckily, he had enough money to get them a nice place among the starting island, albeit it was small. Though chances of them remaining in Kealu after Cleo's journey were slim.

Cleo was running a bit late. Having stayed up due to excitement of participating in trainers school. Her Charmander, Chara, had woken her up with only minutes to spare. Wincing at the time she quickly threw on a white dress with black along the neck area and cuffs. Chara watched from where he laid, before standing once the girl was out of the door and down the steps while trying to put her hair up. It was a wonder she didn't fall and hurt herself.

Giovanni glanced up from where he sat at the kitchen table, sipping on a glass of orange juice as he held up a sandwich he made for her. She took it and gave him a side hug.

"See ya bro!" she called as she quickly went in the fridge for a small container of Pokepuffs that were made the night before for Chara, Giovanni chuckled, and gave a smile as well as a 'see ya sis' while her back was turned. Throwing the Pokepuffs in a backpack she brought, Cleo started eating as her and Chara made their way out of the house towards the school. It was a bit of a walk but by the time she finished eating and Chara was munching on half of a Pokepuff the two had made it just in time to catch some of Professor Lewie's speech, and then the Kahuna speaking shortly afterwards.

She was a bit out of breath, but after a moment straightened up and made sure there weren't any crumbs on her. Noticing a small group of people talking amongst themselves, she waved. Deciding not to interrupt.

@mango @Violet @EchoRun

The day had begun like the last few since Kouji had woken up in this new region. He was by himself in his room in the very early morning, as he always had trouble sleeping. As he stood to go to his window and admire the sky, he remembered that today was the first day at the academy. With nothing better to do, Kouji began getting ready for the day. Despite the hot temperatures at almost all times, he still wore his jacket and boots with fur around them. Making sure all of his clothing was together and the Egg he had with him was snug and safe in the little blanket nest Kouji made for it in his messenger bag, he left the orphanage and began walking through the streets to the school he'd be spending the next amount of undetermined time at.

From the first day being here, Kouji had memorized the streets and where everything was in correlation to everything else. His footsteps were slow as he walked down the quiet sidewalks, lost in his head. None of his memories had returned over the last few days like he'd hoped. All he could remember was his name and his extensive knowledge of anything and everything Pokemon related.

Since his orphanage wasn't too far from the school, Kouji made it there in no time, albeit a bit too early. The gates were still closed and it didn't look like anyone was going to be there anytime soon, so Kouji kept walking. After a bit of casual meandering down the sidewalks again, Kouji decided to head towards the beach.

It didn't take him much longer to reach his destination, so he found a comfy spot under a big palm tree to sit. Closing his eyes and resting his head back against the tree that acted as his backrest, Kouji let out a soft sigh. Not knowing anything about his past or family really bugged him. With a huff, he shook his head and turned to his bag. No point worrying about it now. Gently, he pulled the egg out of its makeshift nest and held it in his lap. So badly he wanted to know what Pokemon was held inside, but he knew he couldn't rush the process, so he just took care of it patiently, as anyone would.

He was focused so much on the egg that he hadn't noticed the sun beginning to rise over the sea spread out in front of him. Finally taking note, he stood, still holding the egg, and made his way back to the school.

As slow as Kouji walked, however, he made it just in time to hear the ending of the Professor's speech and all of the Kahuna's. Granted, he didn't much care. Kouji just figured he'd go with the flow and wait until everyone else went to get their Pokemon, so he found a small corner to sit in quietly. Not wanting to intrude on all of the people already speaking, he turned his attention to the egg. He made sure it was warm in his arms and that there wasn't any dust on it.

Again with his focus on the egg, Kouji wasn't paying attention to anyone or anything around him.

The wind caressed his exposed armpits, his jacket tied about his waist by the sleeves and his shirt neatly stored away in his backpack whilst he sat on the ground, legs criss-crossed and palms dug in the sand behind him. His walking stick, shaved clean of bark, was balanced in his lap, the Natu, Peckem, perched on it's midsegment, her eyes closed in rest - the eye of her compatriot, Krieger the Magnemite, excitedly bobbing high in the air, hoping to catch every interesting thing there was to see in the ceremony. Beerus would argue the fiery dancer was the interesting thing, and he spent his time before the professor's announcement idly ogling her dancing form, his belly full with the traditional food that families had spent days preparing for this event.

Truthfully, it all felt bland, not the food - that was wonderful, but the ceremony. His tired eyes wanted to droop shut and let him snore away the day in peace, a feeling only accelerated as the professor went on and on saying...something. He heard bits and pieces there, enough to understand, enough to lazily flick his brow up at the pleasant faces of the 'Trial Captains' waving and posing and winking, the latter gesture being the one he yawned at, the body of Lealah the only thing his sleepy mind was motivated enough to focus on.

He slowly leaned back as to not disturb Peckem, resting his elbows into the sand. Krieger decided to drift down, hovering behind the head of its master - taking care to ensure the crystalline gleam of its screws didn't get in Beerus' eyes. He would have appreciated the gesture had he known, his mind slowly dragging itself out of his sleepy grogginess as it plucked from the air the existence of a horde of annoying Pyukumuku and an equally troubling swarm of...somethings. The particulars left him. His eyes began to close, the beginnings of sleep came.

"Kanto. I'm Kanto." He idly proclaimed, having noticed in his grogginess that people were introducing themselves nearby. He let his head fall into the sand, jostling Peckem a tad, "--I'm from Kanto."

In a language foreign to humans, Krieger spoke.

"YOU TWO. LAST NIGHT. DANCING IN THE MOONLIGHT?"
"No...just….work."
Peckem chirped, the ache of many teleports still humming through her body.
"HEEEEH HEh.....HOOLIGANS."
"....." Peckem was too tired for further comment.

Vivi! Lonnn! Some distance away from the school, a Garden Pattern Vivillon and a Fancy Pattern Vivillon frantically wing their way through the limbs of the enchanting Pualani trees that stand tall at each side of the Merry Bloom flower shop. They were panicked by the threat against the healing pink flowers on the tree branches. The fancy Vivillon swooped down to warn a human girl below of the dangerous, electric bugs that threatened the trees. Before the butterfly could land on the girl's shoulder, the Grubbin in the blue haired girls arms clenched its pinchers in an attempt to bite her out of agitation. After being disturbed by the girl picking it up, the Charjabug began to light up in bolts of electricity. The boxy bug jumped from the girls arms leaving traces of electricity, while smashing into Vivillon with an electrically charged tackle (by the use of Spark attack). LONN! The fancy butterfly took the hit head on and hovered down to the ground weakly.

Distracted by the worry of his wounded friend, the green Vivillon's wing was snagged by the pinchers of another Grubbin that was on a lower branch. A second Grubbin pinched onto the other wing which caused the Garden Pattern Vivillon to become immobilized. VIVI! Vivillon cried in its own distress as it watched its fancy friend struggle with paralysis. Running up to the blue haired girls side, was a startled man with a crown of flowers. "Please, you've got to help them! They aren't trained for battle." He said to her in a panic. He was Edd, the head flourist of the Merry Bloom. Resting in his arms was an injured Whimsicott who was on the verge of fainting. Sicott... It said painfully. Several Grubbin began popping up from the base of the tree where they have been feasting on the roots of the vulnerable Pualani. Edd's eyes were flooding with worry as he desperately wished for more help to arrive.
@Shakaai @EternalInfinity @Maxim @mango @Violet @Big Buddy @Crow

(Merry Bloom Flower Shop memory)

[spoili]
cott. cott. cott. A tiny, cotton fluff Pokémon (view) hastily springs to all the vibrant plants on the roof of the Merry Bloom flower shop. Whimsicott swirls across the pots and crates as she inspects the various exotic flowers closely. A grouping of tables lie in the center of the roof exhibiting an arrangement of vibrant flowers and plants of all colors. In the pots on all sides of the tables are taller flora and those of tropical variety. Decorating the border of the roof are hanging baskets filled with eye catching greenery. Flower stands are cleverly placed in the corners of the roof with even more plant life.

Down below, inside the shop, is a circular checkout counter in the center of the floor with smaller potted flowers along the surface. Several other tables host an assortment of many more plants. A lovely green butterfly (view) flutters above a best seller. Below the Garden Pattern Vivillon is a bouquet of Gracidea flowers (view). Several of them, along with other magnificent bouquets, were carefully assembled by a certain young flower girl. Assisting her was the head florist, Edd (view), who is now kneeling to switch on the sprinkler system that conveniently mists all the plants with hydrating moisture. Vivillon gleefully spins within the shimmering mist and lands on one of the pastel red flowers to take a refreshing drink of nectar.

"Ar'ight Mini, we've got ourselves another customer." Edd alerted the young flower girl as he approached with a crate of wild flowers that needed restocking. He'd let her greet the approaching lad while he tended to other responsibilities. He gave her a playful wink as he passed to encourage her. "I'll be above, if you're needin any help." He informed her, as he made his way up the steps to the roof. When he got there, he was welcomed by Whimsicott who gave him a wave while flipping excitedly as he replaced a crate on one of the center tables. Whims!

"Uh oh." Edd noticed Grubbin burrows around the Pualani trees below. He clicked on his PokéGear watch and immediately made a call to report the issue.
[/spoili]

~~~

Slowly, but surely the new students began showing up onto the sands. Some eagerly made there way to find the professor, while others stood around to greet one another. The first Nessa noticed was Nova from Lilycove city. In all the years of her life in Kealu she had never heard of such a place. Lilycove must have been a city in some far off region. "Whassup? I'm Nessa." She said to Nova and all the students around. "I'm from Lunavere city on Leoluna island. Welcome to the school." She gave them a handsome grin.

Lealah was next to greet them all. "Kulaa'e everyone! I'm pleased to meet the new batch of students." She winked to them. "This year's class is full of cuties." Lealah giggled with a flirty smile.

"How fares thee? I am your nimble Trial Captain, Quilliam." Declared the drama kid while placing a hand at the center of his chest, and lifting his chin in a proud manner. He gave those around a slight smirk, and kept his chin high in entitlement.

"Tyroc." The humble islander introduced his own name. "Morning Classmates." Said Tyroc with a heavy island accent and a big smile to everyone.

Nessa felt something touch the back of her leg and looked down to see what it was. "Hiii." Came a tiny voice that took the captains by surprise. Lyle stood behind her leg shyly after delivering a greeting to the trainers. Her heart warmed at his cute presence and she gave him a wide grin.

"My little bro, Lyle." Nessa explained to the students, and ran her hand through his soft golden hair. "C'mon pal, lets go get a Pokemon." She said to him. Lyle gave a joyful squeak and he immediately tugged her hand to lead the way to the lab. "Ohhhk." She said, tickled by his excitement. "It was good to meet you guys!" Nessa called back as she was practically dragged away by her baby brother.

"Before you go to the lab yourselves, I will assign the teams." Mialee said to the students as Nessa and Lyle made their way off. "You five-" She carefully pointed out Kouji, Gabriel, Cleo, Erin and then Aureus. "Team Cove. It's your home, so it's your's to protect as you wish." She said to Aureus. She had assumed Erin to be a student who was late showing up.

"The final six will be Team Flower." Mialee announced while looking at each of them: Kai, Nova, Beerus, Lani, Quinn, and Lavender. "Now go claim your Pokemon and report to your mission's destination." As they left she said one final thing, "The cove is just a short walk down the beach trail from here. You can locate the flower shop with the GPS on the Pokedex you will receive from the Professor."

"Return to the school when you've completed your missions. You can rest up here before receiving your next assignment. You will have your own rooms to sleep and the school offers many facilities to share and enjoy.... Much luck on your first assignment." Mialee said finally to dismiss them.

"Good luck to all of you!" Lealah wished them a farewell on their assignment and gave a fast whirl of her unlit fire staff.

"Take care." Tyroc followed up with a goodbye of his own and looked to the sun rise with a content smirk.

"Until our paths cross once more, if fate deems it so..." Quilliam said finally with a dramatic step back. He lifted a wooden sword that was snug in his his belt and cris crossed a quick slice in the air. His love of live action role play made clear.

@everyone

~~~

The Pokémon School awaited them where the Professor would be found inside. Visible in the foyer was a beautiful aquarium where a star pokémon (view) swirled inside the water forming little bubbles that rose to the top. A red and blue piranha-like pokémon (view) took a chomp at the nearest trainer from behind the glass, and a rock masked (view) fish swam leisurely at the bottom of the tank. The three belonged to the Professor.

Professor Lewie was busy in the lab releasing Rotom from their pokéballs to be fused with the latest Pokédex for the students. His lab was located above his office in a rather large loft space. As the students would enter the office, they'd be greeted by the croaks of the Professor's toucan (view) who sat perched on its bird stand beside the Professor's desk. Near the desk, was a familiar pokémon (view) who was shuffling some papers.

Up in the lab, a manmade pokémon (view) drifted near Lewie which complemented his Realm Analyst profession. On the Professor's shoulder, an octopus (view) squirmed comfortably around it's masters neck and clicking happily. "Wuzzup? Welcome to the lab," he'd say. "Which Pokémon will you claim?" 3D Holograms of the selectable Pokémon appear on a table at the center of the room which displays their information below them.

Zzzt! A living Pokédex spiraled over to Lewie and the Professor explained for all to hear, "Data is gathered on pokémon you encounter with Rotom Dex. Snap photos of wild pokémon with the Poké Finder feature, and locate pokémon you wish to catch with the Island scan. Island maps are accessible on the dex with GPS functionality."

When the students would ask for a Pokémon, Lewie would hand over their selection of a starter, extra pokéballs, the Rotom Dex, and send them on their way after wishing them well.

@students only

"POPPIO!" Lyle cried in joy, as he scooped the little sea lion into a hug which almost made him topple over. Nessa had Popplio and Piplup released from their balls for Lyle to choose which he liked best. Her brother completely disregarded Piplup at first, but startled it awake by accident.

Nessa gave Lyle a chuckle as she was in the process of picking up the surprised Penguin. "It's Popplio. What about this guy? How cute is he, HMM?" Nessa tried to score Lyle's attention by holding out the little Penguin who kept a blank look.

Lyle's eyes remained shut in a gleeful expression while clutching the sea lion tightly. Popplio just gave a blink and then gave a happy bwark, Popp! Lyle took out a hibiscus flower from his pocket and placed it between Popplio's ear which caused a contagious giggle.

96875392e052647b51aedfdee94ba6a6.png

"Don't forget about Piplup..." Nessa held the penguin out in front of her, but it was clear that Lyle had made his choice. "Wow, look how adorable." Nessa tried to tempt Lyle with no such luck as she looked down at the penguin who gazed back at her blankly.

"I luff you Poppio." Said Lyle sweetly, and he gave her a kiss on the head.

"It's Pa-pleeee-oh.." Nessa stopped with a sigh, but then felt her heart melting at the adorable sight. She returned Piplup to the Professor and returned to Lyle's side.

Can't forget about this.Thought Nessa, as she slipped a rough textured fossil with a pointed feather on its surface from out of her back pocket. It was a lucky find of hers that she scored at the dig site near the canyons about a week ago. She had it cleaned up by the Paleontologist there and he encouraged her to have it restored into a Pokémon when able at the Fossil Restoration Camp.

(Earlier in the Lab)

[spoili]The siblings entered the lab at the sound of the powerful croaks of Lewie's Toucannon. Lyle searched the place in excitement and he reached up to try and pet the toucan. Toucannon adjusted on it's perch and responded with another piercing croak which caused Lyle to end his attempt.

After giving a fast wave to Slow King, Lyle hurried to the open elevator. Once in the lab, Nessa made her way over to Lyle who was already staring at the hologram table in wonder. Nessa smiled at the sight, and took a look herself. She set her eyes on the first option which was Chimchar. The small fire monkey was springing up while spitting fire from it's mouth, and tail blazing.

Nessa imagined that Infernape would make a superb acrobat. Lyle didn't seem too interested though as he kept moving to see the other selections. Then there was Piplup who blasted a stream of water from its beak and jumped up with a flap of it's featherless wings. Empoleon was always awesome looking to Nessa, and she was highly considering Piplup because of it.

Lyle did stop to give Piplup another look with nearly a giggle, but then another pokémon caught his eye. He skipped straight passed Oshawott and froze at Popplio with a gaze of adoration. The sea lion bounced from self-produced bubbles and spun nose first into the air. Nessa was unsure about it's dorky apperance, yet she kinda wanted to put the seal into a bathtub and teach it cheesy tricks.

"How bout we see which one you like better?" Nessa suggested, as she still had Piplup on her mind. Lyle followed Nessa to the Professor and she asked him, "Can we see Piplup and Popplio outside of their pokéballs?" The Professor nodded while choosing the two pokéballs from inside his lab coat and released the pokémon from his hands.

Bursting sounds were heard as a glimmering light spilled from the balls and soon revealed the pokémon. A short penguin sat in a snooze while the petite sea lion looked around cutely.[/spoili]

~~~

Awaiting Team Cove, was the now pink and black covered cove which was no longer the soft white sands it usually was. Upon closer inspection, the trainers would see that the entire place was invaded by the spikey Pyukumuku (view) that they were informed of. A subtle rain misted upon the shores and the clouds rumbled in a light thunderstorm.

Amongst the sea of Pyukumuku were a few blue fish-like pokémon (view) that washed up onto the shore, attracted by the lightning flashes.

When the Pyukumuku would be provoked by the students, most would use Counter as well with the aid of Helping Hand. Some others prepared bide to release double the damage they would receive.

Groups of them bounced around bursting water and mud from the tops of their spikes in order to reduce the effects of fire and electric moves with Water and Mud Sport. Some others used taunt toward the trainer's starters and hardened themselves to strengthen their defenses.

The skittish Pyukumuku used Safeguard, and the Chinchou targeted the water and flying types by using Electro Ball to protect its friends. The Chinchou also used Thunder Wave to attempt to paralyze any foes around. Bubble and Water gun were sent flying by the blue fish at any fire types.

@falk @EchoRun @DustBunny @LoveLust @Takumi @Outlaw-SSS

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: EchoRun and mango
Vivi! Lonnn! Some distance away from the school, a Garden Pattern Vivillon and a Fancy Pattern Vivillon frantically wing their way through the limbs of the enchanting Pualani trees that stand tall at each side of the Merry Bloom flower shop. They were panicked by the threat against the healing pink flowers on the tree branches. The fancy Vivillon swooped down to warn a human girl below of the dangerous, electric bugs that threatened the trees. Before the butterfly could land on the girls shoulder, the Grubbin in the blue haired girls arms clenched its pinchers in an attempt to bite her out of agitation. After being disturbed by the girl picking it up, the Charjabug began to light up in bolts of electricity. The boxy bug jumped from the girls arms leaving traces of electricity, while smashing into Vivillon with an electrically charged tackle (by the use of Spark attack). LONN! The fancy butterfly took the hit head on and hovered down to the ground weakly.

Distracted by the worry of his wounded friend, the green Vivillon's wing was snagged by the pinchers of another Grubbin that was on a lower branch. A second Grubbin pinched onto the other wing which caused the Garden Pattern Vivillon to become immobilized. VIVI! Vivillon cried in its own distress as it watched its fancy friend struggle with paralysis. Running up to the blue haired girls side, was a startled man with a crown of flowers. "Please, you've got to help them! They aren't trained for battle." He said to her in a panic. He was Edd (view), the head flourist of the Merry Bloom. Resting in his arms was an injured Whimsicott who was on the verge of fainting. Sicott... It said painfully. Several Grubbin began popping up from the base of the tree where they have been feasting on the roots of the vulnerable Pualani. Edd's eyes were flooding with worry as he desperately wished for more help to arrive.
@Shakaai @EternalInfinity @Maxim @mango @Violet @Big Buddy

Tynamo retaliated with a Charge Beam in order to stop the bug-types from biting Diana.

"Were they trying to bite me? They were trying to bite me, weren't they?" Diana aggressively spoke. That was when the boxy one launched its lightning at what seemed to be a Sky-Lumineon.

"Please, you've got to help them! They aren't trained for battle." an odd... man appeared to say this.

"Oh, but I am! I'm very trained for battle!" Diana was too pumped to notice that he was a man - something she's never seen before. "Let's see... Bug-type... Electric-type..."

She looks at her team. Tynamo only knew Normal and Electric-type moves. Defense-wise, Inkay had a major disadvantage. She took out a stone Pokeball with runes on it, presumably containing a third Pokemon. Was it time to use it?

"Maybe another time, you lazy bum," she said to this Pokeball before keeping it, then looks at Inkay. "Alright Inkay, you're up!"

the Dark/Psychic-type Inkay hovered towards the Grubbin. This didn't look too good.

"Inkay! Aerial Ace!"

Inkay's tentacles were sharpened. With unbelievable speeds. Inkay made many unmissable slashes across the Grubbin and Charjabug. It seemed to phase through them. As Inkay appeared on the opposing side, it unsharpened its tentacles back to their wiggly state, much like a samurai sheathing its blade after a swift move.

@Crow @True Self @Shakaai @EternalInfinity @Maxim @mango @Violet @Big Buddy

Reactions: True North
Nova found it very strange that no one here knew where the Hoenn region was, she knew it was a bit of a ways away but did no one know where it was? How strange... She tipped her head in a bit of confusion and smiled. "Hoenn? It's a region a bit aways but not too far! It's kind of like one giant island to be honest!" She tried to explain to the best of her abilities. Phanpy nodded in agreement, and raised it's trunk around. "It's a pleasure to meet you Gabriel! I came here to take a break from contests! My dad really wanted me to try my hand at battling instead.. though my passion will always be contests." She looked at the friendly boy and noticed the camera attached to his waist "I really like your camera, do you do photography?" She asked curiously, her eyes sparkling with an intense glimmer. She glanced around to see that quite the little group had formed, some choosing to remain silent. She still smiled at them, hoping they'd come around to being her friend. When one boy spoke up saying he was from the Kanto region she smiled. "Oh goodness I'm not the only foreigner then!" She breathed a small sigh of relief.

Suddenly the trial captains arrived and formally introduced themselves. Nessa had a little brother who was oh so adorable that Nova couldn't help but let out a small "Awwe!" They both seemed very friendly, something Nova was looking forward too since she had a lot to learn from the captains. The next girl was the talented fire spinner Nova had admired earlier, Lealah, was a charming girl. Who, when she gave a flirty wink, even Nova couldn't help but blush. Quilliam was the little dramatic boy who Nova couldn't help but giggle at, especially when he pulled out his sword. And last but certainly not least was the very humble and quiet Tyyroc, who peaked Nova's interest since he was relatively quiet. Nova had made sure to smile and politely wave to each captain. Together the foursome made one heck of a group, and Nova was looking forward to getting to know them each better. Lyle, the little boy, seemed very excited to receive a pokemon and thus was dragging Nessa away with impressive force. Nova waved back and said "It was nice to meet you too!"

Kahuna Mialee finally spoke again, this time to divide the students into groups. Mialee's eyes landed on Nova as she called out the team members for the Flower Shop. Nova grinned, happy to be a part of any team, but especially one with flowers. She'd never heard of either of these pokemon before, but if they were invading a tree, it was likely they were of the bug or grass type. Something that would be weaker to her fire pokemon, now she just had to rely on Growlithe to actually listen to her. She glanced around at her team members and shrugged. "Well I suppose we'd better get a move on huh team?" No one in her group liked nearly as excited as Nova, but maybe with a little time she'd meet some new friends.

Nova turned on her heels, adjusting her backpack slightly, and started off towards the professors lab. She didn't have the excitement that everyone else had, since she already had her starter pokemon. However she still needed to get a pokedex and maybe a few poke balls if the professor was kind enough. Phanpy followed next to her, totally engrossed by the new tropical environment around him. He made small noises in excitement as they made their way up to the professors door. Nova pushed opened the door to let Phanpy in first, and then followed. She gazed into the giant aquarium, admiring how the pokemon glided through the water effortlessly. She had always personally thought that water pokemon made the best contest entries. When it was her turn to talk to the professor she greeted him with a Nova smile. "Hi there professor! I'm Nova, I don't need a starter, I already have two pokemon! However I could use a pokedex!" Her smile getting even bigger as he handed her a pokedex and a few poke balls to start her journey with. "Thanks a bunch professor!" She said with a wave as she and Phanpy left the lab and waited outside the doors for the rest of her team mates.

While Nova waited, she explored her new pokedex. It was unlike anything she'd ever seen before! Her brothers had pokedexes, but theirs were nothing like the incredible machine she held in her hands. From what she gathered, their was the pokemon Rotex inside the pokedex. And get this, it talked to her! Nova was so curious but she decided to explore the pokedex later and looked up the directions to the Flower Shop and waited patiently for the rest of her team mates, while Phanpy rolled around in the nearby wildflowers.

Kai was eager to start hos journey, yet he paused just long enough to listen to the instructions.. and how he would be on the Flower team. He smiled, giving a nod, and he continued to run to the lab. So many pokemon he never seen before where there, and he jumped in surprise to the pirahna pokemon snapping it's jaws at him when he neared the tank to look at the pokemon. He was dazzled by the varying kinds, and looked to the professor, listening he moved to the pokemon list.. seeing some taken already.. he just swiped through them.. but paused and sucked in a breath when he saw one pokemon, his heart thumping like it did before. He picked that one and brought it out of the pokeball, the green snake like pokemon came out of it, and looked around curiously, before it turned it's gaze to him, the female Snivy tilting it's head to him. There was a momsnt.. before Kai smiled beightly, having used his newly gained Dex to see the data on his partner and their gender. He picked them up carefully, begining to chat with the quiet, smug and sassy pokemon. Naming them Rose he carried her on out a while, before letting the pokemon walk beside him and meeting the rest for the Flower shop team.

On the way to the others Kai had took a moment to try to find something to accessorize his new friend, and he took one of the flowers, trying to offer it but Rose didn't like it, turning her nose up to it so Kai put it on a table to decorate it a bit b"Hey guys..! Everybody meet Rose! She's my partner, Snivy!" He said, introducing Rose who responded with a huffy Sni and a proud lift of her head. "We should try to hurry to the Flower shop now guys, before the grubin hurt the Flower shop owners and destroy the tree..!" He said, both Kai and Rose eager, daresay raring to go.

A small group had gathered around, some joining in the conversation, others keeping quiet. Fortunately, one of these people was a girl that asked where Hoenn was. He was glad to see he wasn't the only one who didn't know. Unfortunately, Nova's description of Hoenn didn't really ring any bells. That was a shame; it sounded like an interesting place. Another kid had mentioned some region called Kanto, which didn't sound familiar either. He didn't realize there'd would be students from such far away regions at the school. It'd be a good chance to learn about new places, at least. "Oh, contests? That sounds fun!" He knew a little bit about contests. He loved the spectacle. Do they have contests in Kealu? If so, maybe he'd give one a try. Nova complimented his camera, asking if he did photography. "Thanks! It's actually for film. I'm doing a little project." He unclipped the camera in question from his waist and held it out to show it to her.

He noticed the Trial Captains approaching, and once they began to introduce themselves he began to record their introductions. It wasn't much, but it was certainly a good start. It was pretty easy to see a bit of their personalities shining through their introductions, at least with Leelah, Quilliam, and Tyroc. Nessa was a little more difficult to tell, but she certainly seemed nice, and she seemed to care deeply for her brother, who joined the captains after their introductions. "It's nice to meet all of you!" Gabriel said, turning off the camera and putting it away after the introductions were done.

Kahuna Mialee approached after their introductions were done, and gave everyone their groups for the assignments. Gabriel was on Team Cove, and he took a look at the other students who had been assigned to the group. Most of them had been quiet so far, except for the guy who had volunteered for the cove group. One of the girls had waved to them when he was talking to Nova. Then there was a girl with a Poochyena, and a guy who was carrying an egg and... Is he wearing a winter coat? Isn't that hot? He had been dressed similarly when he met Luvan, but it wasn't exactly something he thought he'd see someone else doing.

"Ok... Team Cove! Let's go take care of those Pyukumuku!" Gabriel said after the Kuhuna was done speaking, turning to the people in his group and raised a fist in the air. Hopefully if he was energetic it'd make it easier for everyone to loosen up. If it weren't for the fact that he hadn't gotten a Pokemon from the Professor, he'd probably rush out to the cove immediately. "But first we should see the Professor!" He spun on the balls of his feet and went to the school, following a few students in order to find the Professor's lab.

He actually turned his camera back on as he entered the school, recording the Pokemon swimming around in the aquarium before going up to the Professor's lab. There he recorded a little bit more before putting the camera away to choose his starter. He took a look at the various Pokemon's holograms. Nothing really stuck out to him at first, so he decided to go by type, starting with Fire Types, since that's the one he was most interested in getting. He paused when he got to one, and read the description.

f4366c82-610a-4ff3-b460-bf737f4f5a19.png

Cyndaquil
Fire Mouse Pokemon
Fire Type
It is usually timid. It protects itself by flaring up the flames on its back. The flames are vigorous if the Pokémon is angry. However, if it is tired, the flames splutter fitfully with incomplete combustion.​

It sounded perfect. It didn't sound like it would be too difficult of a Pokemon to work with. With his choice in mind, he went to the Professor. "I'd like a Cyndaquil, please." He accepted the Pokemon, Pokedex, and Pokeballs from the professor. He thanked the Professor, noticing that a lot of people were letting their Pokemon out immediately in order to meet them. Gabriel decided to do the same, releasing the Cyndaquil from its ball. The small shrew looked around for a bit, taking in all the activity in the lab, then looked up at Gabriel before skittering over to him. Gabriel knelt down so he wasn't towering over the Pokemon. It sniffed at him, then let out a short chirp. "Cyn~" He took that as a sign that it liked him, so he picked it up. He'd carry it down to the cove so he wouldn't lose it.

He noticed Nessa and Lyle had been trying to decide between Popplio and Piplup. Or rather, Lyle was set on Popplio, and Nessa was trying to get him to at least acknowledge the penguin, who seemed very uninterested in anything that was going on. "He really seems to like that Popplio." He said to Nessa. He waited for her response, then curiously asked. "Will you be helping with one of the assignments?"
______________________________________________________________________________________________

After leaving the lab, Gabriel made his way to the cove. He took in the scene and tried to come up with a plan as he waited for the whole team to get there. Cyndaquil was no longer in his arms, but rather taking cover from the rain and the volley of water type attacks by hiding under a tree, out of sight of the Pyukumuku and Chinchou.

The sun shone through the window of a certain house in Leiluahu Town. A teenager was snoozing in his bed, having forgotten about the important things to happen that morning. A door opened to his room, and a smaller teenager poked his head into the room. "Hey brother, it's time to get up and go to school." He opened the door much wider, was about to yell at his brother to wake up, when a lone Pikipek flew through an open window. It gave a look to the younger teenager that seemed to say "Don't worry, I've got this.". Suddenly the Pikipek flew into the air, and gave the sleeping man a great big tackle!

"Agh muck choy! What in the?" the man woke up, startled by the sudden force. "Quinn," the younger male said "You're going to be late for the School at this rate, now come on and eat!". Quinn groggily woke up and trudged down the stairs, darn his brother Mason, he was trying all night to forget this whole school nonsense. Why his parents insisted he go there at this age instead of solving crimes for the town was beyond him. It's not like there was going to be anything interesting there after all. Sadly, despite spending most of yesterday protesting the decision, his parents were adamant that the school would give him valuable experience. What was he, a Pokemon?

Breakfast was a simple meal of cereal and juice that day, standard fare for such a day. Pikipek was over in the corner, eating her favorite brand of bird seed. Pikipek was, after all, a Pokemon, one that had been in the family for almost six years now. Quinn's younger brother, Mason, talked to him about school, teasing him for much of the conversation. Their mother had left a note on the kitchen table:

Quinn,

Took Jacob out shopping in Yekueze City, as I forgot a few things during our last trip. Will not be back until late tonight. Sorry I had to miss your school outing. Have fun there, and meet new people!

"I see...couldn't I just lie and tell Mother that I went to school today? I'm sure nobody will mind if I skip one day of school..." Quinn said.
"Yeah right, stop trying to get out of this and have some fun. I'm sure there will be a lot of mysteries to solve at the school." Mason retorted.
Quinn just sighed and said "And how am I supposed to solve them while strapped to a table listening to teachers drone on for six hours? It'll be just like those dumb school anime, but without anything actually interesting happening."
Mason shrugged and said "Either way, you've gotta go there today, it starts in ten minutes, shall we walk down there?"
As if on cue, Pikipek flew onto Quinn's shoulder and chirped happily, she was going to go on an adventure after all! Quinn stood up, put on his hat and said "Very well, let's get this over with."

The two walked down the boulevard to get to the school, at the door, Mason waved goodbye as Quinn entered the courtyard, where things were about to begin. Happy with being free to explore around, Pikipek jumped off Quinn's shoulder and lodged itself on a tree branch to see the festivities as they happened. It looked like there was a meeting of the kahunas and trial captains, something of a meet and greet. Quinn was familiar with all of them, having at least heard of them during his time on Ke'au. Surprisingly, the kahuna, Mialee, was to be their tutor. "Huh," he said to himself and Pikipek "This might not end up so bad after all. If Mialee is teaching we may go on field trips. And field trips mean a chance at solving mysteries and getting into the heart of danger. How exciting!"

Almost immediately after he arrived, he found himself placed into a Team Flower, and told to pick up a Pokemon then head out. "...Flower? Perhaps I was mistaken." he sighed. Still, even though he already had a Pokemon partner in Pikipek, another partner to help him on his investigations would be a big help. He followed the others inside, and after a Carvanha tried to bite his head off (thank goodness he was behind glass!) he and the others arrived in the Lab. He then took a long look at all the available choices...

"Team Cove", heh how convenient. Aureus thought. Not only was he getting an electric partner to exterminate the Pyukumuku filth, but he'd be returning to his beach with a league of trainers to speed up the process. He gave the Kahuna a wink with a sly smirk before entering the school.

Darumaka was conked out in his arm while he walked through to the lab after slamming a fist on the aquarium to scare away the Carvanha. The vexing fish gave him flashbacks of the Sharpedo attack that nearly took his leg. The obnoxious squawks of the Toucannon weren't enough to wake the lazy troll he carried.

"Sup?" He told the Professor once he made it up to the lab. "Thanks. I'll let ya know." Aureus walked over to the holograms and searched through the electric types. He remembered a Pichu who always helped him out at the Daycare when he volunteered there. The little guy would always bring him berries as snacks during his lifeguard duty. Whenever Aureus needed a towel or lotion, the Pichu was the first to race off and get them for him.

"Pichu it is." Aureus said to the Professor. He took the pokeball and the other stuff. "Peace out."

He caught notice of the little blonde boy with a Popplio upon his departure. Cute kid. What's little dude doing with a Pokemon so soon? He wondered while exiting the school to head for the cove. He lifted a hand to catch the sprinkles of rain. Heh. Typical.

Aureus tossed the pokeball onto the sandy path and the electric rodent popped out of the ball. The droplets of rain caused Pichu's cheeks to spark and it rubbed its eyes before taking another look at Aureus. Piii! The baby mouse cried in amazement and sprang up to scurry up Aureus's free arm.

"What do ya know. How's it hangin buddy?" Aureus said to the mouse on his shoulder when he recognized it to be the Pichu from his daycare days. "The Professor finally offered you as a starter, I see. That's dope." He understood that Pichu had been hatched for that purpose in that moment. Aureus remembered hatching the egg himself along with others that he watched over. Pichu hugged the side of his new master's head happily with memories from the past returning to both of them.

"Ight. Let's clean up this mess." He said to his Pokemon when he stepped up to the edge of the beach to look out over the mass of Pyukumuku. "Dex. Refresh my memory on these freaks of nature." When he said this, the Rotom Dex on his bag came to life.

"Pyukumuku the Sea cucumber Pokemon. A water type. Known Ability: Innards out. These Pokémon line the beaches. The sticky mucous that covers their bodies can be used to soothe sunburned skin. How convenient!" When Rotom Dex finished, it returned to attach itself to Aureus' bag and went into sleep mode.

"Yeah. Real convenient." Aureus unleashed his sarcasm. "--Little sh*ts." Just then he spied a student from the school who had beat him there. The dude's Pokemon looked to be cowering beneath a Palm tree. "Whaddup?" He called over to him and then looked back to the black sea of marine life. "You ready for this?" Aureus asked the guy with a glint of amusemet in his eyes.
@EchoRun

Reactions: EchoRun
Kouji only silently listened as he was pointed out to be part of the group that would assist in clearing out the cove. After that, he kind of tuned everyone else out and focused on his egg once again. He only moved after most of the students had gone in to get their own Pokemon. Figuring he might as well go get another, as an egg wasn't very good at defending itself, he stood and took in a deep breath before making his way into the academy.

He made sure he was one of the last people in so that there wouldn't be many people around him while he looked through the Pokemon up for selection. Even in the lab room, he stayed close to the wall and away from the largest group of people, holding his egg close as if he was trying to hide behind it.

None of the conventional 'starter' Pokemon really stood out to him, so Kouji began taking a closer look at all the others. These Pokemon he liked a bit more, as he knew they weren't always most people's first choice in partners.

A Pokemon that can help clear out Pyukumuku from a cove? Hm...

With this in mind, he resumed his search, coming across a tiny spider-looking Pokemon off in the corner.

Joltik? That would be really useful for this.

His decision made, he waited until most people walked away from the Professor. Taking in a slow breath, he mustered up the courage and walked slowly over to the kind man.

"U-Uh... Excuse me..." He hesitantly and quietly said, somehow managing to get the attention of Lewie. "I'd... uh... Like a Joltik, please..." Kouji internally cursed himself for mumbling and stuttering as he did, but Lewie didn't miss a beat with his smile and giving the PokeBall to Kouji. With a very quiet "Thank you", Kouji hastily left the building to be by himself once more. Gently, he placed his egg back in the little nest he had in his bag and then let his Joltik come out of its Ball.

It seemed very happy to see the young man as it instantly jumped at him and clambered up Kouji's body to rest on his head. Kouji let out a little laugh and reached his hand up to scratch the small Pokemon's head. "Nice to meet you, too, Joltik. I'm Kouji. I hope you're ready to battle, because we have a mission!" He said, getting an excited chirping sound from the bug. With that, Kouji set out towards the cove, no doubt reaching it after everyone else had. On the way, he used his PokeDex to brush up on his knowledge of his new partner and to get a feel for its moves.

Eventually reaching the cove, Joltik jumped off of Kouji's head and instantly looked ready to battle. "Hold on a sec." He said as he looked over the beach, noticing all the trainers and their Pokemon battling the Pyukumuku and the Chinchou that washed ashore. "C'mon, we're gonna go to the edge, okay?" He said to Joltik, who only obediently followed.

Kouji walked to the edge of where the layer of Pokemon was and then went about using Joltik's ranged attacks to his battle advantage, a mix of String Shot and Absorb made sure Joltik stayed in good health for the duration of the battles with all of the small fries.