Pokemon : Battle for Mugen OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
(Will add tomorrow)

Name: Faye Gallagher

Apperance: Will be accurate to the image once posted

Hometown: Outside of Delta city, Mugen

Personality: Faye is a very motivated and passionate person. She gets easily excited when it comes to Pokemon battles, wanting to improve her battling style and reach her goal of creating a new way to battle. She's very kind and has a strong sense of justice, unable to leave someone who needs help. She's lives her life to the fullest and enjoys even the smallest of things. However, she is also hotheaded and stubborn. Push the right buttons, and she seems like a different person, starting fights and snapping at everyone until she calms down, often taking time alone to do so. This behavior causes her to say things she can't take back, and so she pushes away people she calls her friends. Faye has her more serious and calm moments too, being more anti-social and lost in her thoughts and daydreams. But those moments are rare and she spends most of her time being mischievous, witty, and a little rebellious.

Biography: Her parents are popular breeders within the Mugen region, raising Pokemon of all kinds whether requested or not. They would often give new trainers an egg to care for or breed specific pokemon should someone ask. Some pokemon were even bred to help professors around the world to study the pokemon closer. Being raised in this environment, Faye learned to properly care for Pokemon from hatching eggs to making specialized diets. She grew extremely close with Pokemon through her daily interactions and can't imagine life without them. Faye loved the family farm, but she was growing restless. The moment she turned 10 and got her license, she asked her parents for a pokemon so she could head out on a journey. Reluctantly, they gave her Edan, a newly hatched growlithe. Faye told them not to worry before saying good-bye and heading towards town with her new puppy Pokemon.

Goal: Her goal is to raise the level of normal Pokemon battles using out of the box strategies and unique movements. Things like using flamethrower and making the pokemon spin to create a makeshift flame wheel or to use thunderbolt when using quick attack to create a less powerful volt tackle with no recoil. She loves to distract the opponent with flashy moves before pulling the rug out from underneath them in a solid attack.

Team:

Growlithe/ Edan/ Male/ Justified

Iron Tail/ Wild Charge/ Flame Wheel/ Bite

- Will Finish Tomorrow

Rockruff/ Avani/ Female/ Keen Eye

Bite/ Rock Throw/ Thunder Fang/ Stone Edge

- Will Finish Tomorrow

Other: Will Finish Tomorrow

Here's the basis of my bio ^^ I unfortunately can't finish it right now. It's super late and I have to wake early.
Everything seems to be okay. Though I'll have to look at it again once it is finished

Everything seems to be okay. Though I'll have to look at it again once it is finished
I'll be finished soon ^^ I unfortuantely had computer issues that took several hours of trial and error to solve. But I'm all good now and I can finish it up right away ^^

Reactions: TyranntX
@TyranntX Hello~

So I had a few questions about your Role-Play. Is Mugen based in a world where the other regions exist, or its own separate universe? Also... what, if I may ask, where your intentions with keeping players at the ages of 10-17 -- and how crucial is it that everyone be considered a straight-laced trainer, as opposed to a related offshoot?

I sort of have a pre-made character who is just slightly above the age range and has been around Pokémon for some time, but is a pathetic trainer. So if it's to do with skill level...?

@TyranntX Hello~

So I had a few questions about your Role-Play. Is Mugen based in a world where the other regions exist, or its own separate universe? Also... what, if I may ask, where your intentions with keeping players at the ages of 10-17 -- and how crucial is it that everyone be considered a straight-laced trainer, as opposed to a related offshoot?

I sort of have a pre-made character who is just slightly above the age range and has been around Pokémon for some time, but is a pathetic trainer. So if it's to do with skill level...?

Mugen dose co-exist with with the other canon regions, albeit in a universe where none of the events from the original games or show are canon.

On the regards if age, my intentions is to keep every one within the boundaries of their adolescence. Too young to be considered an adult but old enough to legally be a Pokemon trainer. Mainly due to fit in with the continuity of the introduction, that's all I can really say without giving away the message.

You are required to be a trainer, but you do not have to challenge all the gyms. (though it goes without saying that you will need all 18 if you want to enter the league)

I'm not too concerned with skill at the moment. NO ONE is a master yet but I'll allow some experience to those who don't want to start a total noob.

Reactions: vulae
You are required to be a trainer, but you do not have to challenge all the gyms. (though it goes without saying that you will need all 18 if you want to enter the league)
To just outright say it, I've previously made a character who is a "newly christened" Professor close to the top of the age bracket. He's based a lot on just researching myths, and travelling all over the place. Flat-out a horrible trainer, though.

Putting what I'm looking for into context, I'd like to have a character who is "technically a trainer" but more focused on researching things and whatnot, rather than beat the league. I recognize it's your RP and rules but if this sounds like a maybe, I'd love to work it out with you.

• Love
I have a quick question too ^^' It won't let me attach anymore images, and going to the FAQ I learned it might be because the two I have take up 5mb, which is the max for a non-donator per post. My question is, can I upload the other two images in a separate post as long as I reply to my main one? Unless there's a way for me to upload more? I'm not sure, I'm a total noob on this site ^^'

@vulae have you tried using an image sharing website? As long as an image is uploaded to the internet, you can copy it's image address and use the image tab (or just type "{img}image address goes here.png{/img}", except you replace the { }'s with [ ]).

I don't believe there's any cap or limit when you do it this way. The best way to add images to the original post would be to click on the edit tab, and just place them where. If any of this was helpful, I can give you a clearer explanation if you need it. If it wasn't... um. Sorry.

• Thank You
My first character'll be a psychic-in-training. In addition to Cosmog, he/she will have mons that evolve into Psychic-types but aren't Psychic-types, including the obligatory Pichu.

Is it OK to have the inherent abilities of a Psychic trainer class?

I'd go for a 'wild child' character for a second character but I think I overused that trope a little much.

I have a quick question too ^^' It won't let me attach anymore images, and going to the FAQ I learned it might be because the two I have take up 5mb, which is the max for a non-donator per post. My question is, can I upload the other two images in a separate post as long as I reply to my main one? Unless there's a way for me to upload more? I'm not sure, I'm a total noob on this site ^^'

@vulae have you tried using an image sharing website? As long as an image is uploaded to the internet, you can copy it's image address and use the image tab (or just type "{img}image address goes here.png{/img}", except you replace the { }'s with [ ]).

I don't believe there's any cap or limit when you do it this way. The best way to add images to the original post would be to click on the edit tab, and just place them where. If any of this was helpful, I can give you a clearer explanation if you need it. If it wasn't... um. Sorry.

In addition to this

Use imgur

To just outright say it, I've previously made a character who is a "newly christened" Professor close to the top of the age bracket. He's based a lot on just researching myths, and travelling all over the place. Flat-out a horrible trainer, though.

Putting what I'm looking for into context, I'd like to have a character who is "technically a trainer" but more focused on researching things and whatnot, rather than beat the league. I recognize it's your RP and rules but if this sounds like a maybe, I'd love to work it out with you.

What you have described should work, so long as they meet age requirements.

Just copy and paste images like you would any other document, that's what I do. That way you don't need to make attachments and you can have as many images as you'd like.... you may want to put larger ones in a spoiler though (its the second to the left in the toolbar)

• Thank You
My first character'll be a psychic-in-training. In addition to Cosmog, he/she will have mons that evolve into Psychic-types but aren't Psychic-types, including the obligatory Pichu.

Is it OK to have the inherent abilities of a Psychic trainer class?

I'd go for a 'wild child' character for a second character but I think I overused that trope a little much.

Sure, My character is from a clan of dragon trainers (if it wasn't already obvious) so I'm okay with that.

Thank you guys ^^ I'll definitely try those methods! Adding images can be a little confusing on this site ^^'

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Thank you guys ^^ I'll definitely try those methods! Adding images can be a little confusing on this site ^^'

No problem, always happy to help a newbie to the forums

@timv999 I look forward to it

@vulae Look forward to your finished CS.

@Crow Much of the same your, in the matter of your character that is

@An Otaku Much of the same

@TyranntX BTW... do baby 'mons counts as the base stage? For example, could we start with a Pikachu instead of a Pichu?

@TyranntX BTW... do baby 'mons counts as the base stage? For example, could we start with a Pikachu instead of a Pichu?

Pikachu is the one and only exception to the rule, so the answer of "Can I Start with it" is yes.

But Baby Pokemon DO count for the base stage or everything else

Nearly done, just finishing drawing Faye for her appearance ^^ Tis the last thing I have to do and it should be done within the hour