Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
The Story

♬~ Now playing : The Time of Before

cfEoli.jpg

The Mugen region, home to over 440,000,000 million people. From its glimmering white mountains to its green pine forests, from its cold arctic wastelands to its hot tropical beaches, It was once a sight to behold. The pokemon that live here also seem to like it here, as it would seem that there isn't one species that hasn't made Mugen their home. I remember when this was a peaceful nation, where everyone got along, when we were safe, and when man and pokemon could live together... I still like to think we live in a region like that.

... But I'm only lying to my self at this point. As if people were ever that decent.

sin_syndicate_grunts_by_sakuyamon.png

I guess we have them to thank for that, this is Syndicate. A Crime organization that aspires to take over the entire world. Starting with our region of Mugen, had it not been for the champion, the elite four, and others willing to fight, we would have lost our home. But now they have returned, and they come with a vengeance. There have been rumors that they are in possession of a powerful weapon, one that is strong enough to take down even the mightiest of pokemon. Should this be true, and they are really coming back to take over Mugen again... No this has to be merely rumor, and nothing more. If they truly are coming back we'll be ready for them. Super weapon or no super weapon!

latest

Besides, you are just a child. Regardless if you live here or not, this isn't your war to fight. It's time you looked to your future as a pokemon trainer, Mugen is much larger than the other regions of our world, so you have a long journey ahead of you. new trainers or newcomers to the region usually start their adventure in Ruby Town, so why don't you head to the pokemon center or market there before you set off? Good luck, be careful, and don't worry... we will speak to one another again soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary

It's your basic pokemon hack made into an RP. Take it or leave it XD

In all seriousness though this is losly based on a pokemon hack I am working on, (though production has halted for the moment) known as Pokemon Infinity. not much else to say other than that. so if you want in, then come on and join.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules

1. No, you can't be on team Syndicate. you can only play as a trainer.
2. For age, keep it between 10 -17. you are a child after all
3. We will encounter legendary pokemon, but you cannot start with one. you CAN however reserve them for when we meet them.
4. you can start with as many poke'mon as you like, but EVERY pokemon starts in their BASE stage of their evolution. (Pikachu is the only exception to this rule)
5. You may start with special items tied with legendary pokemon, but it's first come first serve. and only ONE per PLAYER.
6. when fighting other players, be sure to agree on an outcome through PM.
7. Have fun with it.
8. As GM, my word is LAW (should even have to say that much)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gym Leaders

Unlike most Regions, Mugen has a gym for each type of pokemon. For a total of 18, each Leader and their team will be revealed as you and the others venture through the land. As you and the others progress more and more information will be reviled here, The First one is a freebie.

6a0f3321ce4b01fa3c62c78dbf1b305a201fa72b_hq.jpg

Name: Joe Willson
Gym Location: Alpha City
Type: Normal

Team:
016MS.png
019MS.png
115MS.png

?

Type: Bug

?

Type: Dark

?

Type: Psychic

?

Type: Ghost

?

Type: Rock

?

Type: Fairy

?

Type: Grass

?

Type: Water

?

Type: Fighting

?

Type: Ice

?

Type: Fire

?

Type: Steel

?

Type: Ground

?

Type: Electric

?

Type: Flying

?

Type: Poison

?

Type: Dragon
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applications

[Image here]

Name: Who are you?

Apperance: if the image is not 110% accurate, add additional info here

Hometown: Region and town of birth here

Towns are based off of Gemstones and Cites are based off of Greek Alphabet Characters

Personality: What are you like? one paragraph if you don't mind

Biography: A little backstory if you don't mind, though this is optional

Goal: What would you like to achieve?

Team: What Pokemon do you currently own?

Other: everything else goes here, if you have one of the "Legendary Items" say so here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tyranntx3_zpsexcocn6s.png

Name: Tyrannt Xander

Appearance: as you see in the image, there are no changes

Hometown - Mugen, Omega City

Personality:
He is very passionate about poke'mon, and battles with strong trainers. However he can be quite arrogant at times and even out right REFUSE to battle with people who he deems "Weaker than he is." He's not exactly spoiled, but he can be short tempered.He's not a poor sport, but he will mock his foes when given the chance. He CAN be a nice person, but he usually starts things of on a bit on the "Unfriendly" side. Tyrannt often puts on a "Tough Guy" act when in the face of more dangerous people, and oddly enough he's tougher than the act it's self.

Starting Team:
250px-696Tyrunt.png

Tyrunt|Meta Jaw|Male|Strong Jaw

Crunch|Dragon Claw|Earthquake|Ancient Power

When a member of the dragon clan begins their journey as a trainer (Regardless of their age), they are given a tyrunt. And Tyrannt just so happened to get the largest of the cluster. This individual is twice it's natural size and will likely be just as so when it evolves. Tyrannt uses this pokemon as the Brute of the team, as he knows what these pokemon were capable of in prehistoric times and are capable of now. Tough, fearless, and ferocious, it seems that this dragon type can bring down even fairy types with it's shear power alone.

shiny_charmander_by_thelisten3r-d69bm6c.png

Charmander|Heat Trap|Male|Blaze

Flamethrower|Dragon Pulse|Shadow Claw|Fire Fang

Tyrannt raised this pokemon from an egg, and since then the two have always been good friends. So much so that there is seldom a time when Heat Trap is inside his poke'ball. As one of the "Go-to" members of the team this fire type may not be as powerful as Meta Jaw (yet), but what it lacks in power it makes up for in speed and tenacity. Even when beaten and battered Heat Trap will REFUSE to be defeated until the battle is really over.

328.png

Trapinch|Kiber|Male|Arena Trap

Bite|Dig|Fissure|Sandstorm

The Newest addition to the team, Kiber is very affectionate towards his trainer... Vey much like a dog in a sense. Tyrannt captured this pokemon a whole day after leaving the villagehe lives in just on the outskirts of town, so it has not been with him for nearly as long as Meta Jaw and Heat Trap. However he is still valued on the team none the less.

Goal: He aspires to be the most powerful Dragon Trainer in all the world.

Other Information: Reserving Rayquaza... it's part of his Clan's Lore. I also Reserve the Zygarde Core
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cast

@TyranntX as Tyrannt
004MS.png
328MS.png
696MS.png

Key_Zygarde_Cube_Sprite.png

@vulae as Faye
058MS.png
744MS.png
403MS.png

@Crow as Runic
789MS.png
172MS.png
653MS.png
120MS.png

sunflute.png

@An Otaku as Grayson
202MS.png
442MS.png
142MS.png

150px-GO_Egg_2_km.png

@timv999 as Hideki
058MS.png
007MS.png
147MS.png

Last edited:
Reactions: An Otaku and mango
You may start with special items tied with legendary pokemon, but it's first come first serve. and only ONE per PLAYER.

Regarding this, I'm sort of deciding between a Solgaleo and Lunala. My character'll have a Cosmog starter.

Reactions: TyranntX
Regarding this, I'm sort of deciding between a Solgaleo and Lunala. My character'll have a Cosmog starter.

Some how I knew you'd be interested, I'll allow it since I know you are responsible with your characters

EDIT: though you may want to pick another relic. As My character has the zygaurd core

Last edited:

Also that just regards Items tied to legendary pokemon, as for who GETS legendary pokemon... I haven't thought that far yet... but we aren't going to be seeing them for a while anyway

This looks pretty cool (: Biut do all OC's have to be trainers or could I create a tag along who is tied in, in some other way? Just curious. Also, what's the activity requirement? I have a million things going on but I try to be decentkt active. Lmk. Ty.

This looks pretty cool (: Biut do all OC's have to be trainers or could I create a tag along who is tied in, in some other way? Just curious. Also, what's the activity requirement? I have a million things going on but I try to be decentkt active. Lmk. Ty.

Yeah, all of them must be trainers, but you can have tag alongs as NPCs.

as for activity requirement, it's not super strict... but you do need to have at least a few posts weekly. otherwise you may get left behind

Reactions: mango
Yeah, all of them must be trainers, but you can have tag alongs as NPCs.

as for activity requirement, it's not super strict... but you do need to have at least a few posts weekly. otherwise you may get left behind
Thanks for responding. I'll consider it and get back to you. Either way gl!

Also that just regards Items tied to legendary pokemon, as for who GETS legendary pokemon... I haven't thought that far yet... but we aren't going to be seeing them for a while anyway

So, am I allowed to start with fuzzy old Cosmog, then, evolve them to their final stages only after this a while?

Still deciding on what kind of character I want though. Lots of variety to choose from.

So, am I allowed to start with fuzzy old Cosmog, then, evolve them to their final stages only after this a while?

Still deciding on what kind of character I want though. Lots of variety to choose from.

yes you may, like I said I trust you

Thanks for responding. I'll consider it and get back to you. Either way gl!

No problem, I try and make a habit out of these kids of things

Reactions: mango
This sounds really cool! I'd love to join! Do you have a place for applications or do they get posted here? Also, are there any region specific pokemon? Like specific legionaries or general starters made for the region?

This sounds really cool! I'd love to join! Do you have a place for applications or do they get posted here? Also, are there any region specific pokemon? Like specific legionaries or general starters made for the region?

You may submit your application here, as that is the purpose o this thread :) .

On the note of the region, not exactly. Although you CAN find all 700+ pokemon here some types can only be found in certain areas of Mugen. As for legendaries, nope but they will be playing parts in the story. And for Starter pokemon, That's all you... just be sure to read over the rules before building your team.

• Thank You
Reactions: vulae
You may submit your application here, as that is the purpose o this thread :) .

On the note of the region, not exactly. Although you CAN find all 700+ pokemon here some types can only be found in certain areas of Mugen. As for legendaries, nope but they will be playing parts in the story. And for Starter pokemon, That's all you... just be sure to read over the rules before building your team.
I'll get started on my application then ^^ Thank you for answering my questions! Oh, I have one more ^^' Can we make our own pokemon? If not, I have one of the official ones ready for my character ^^ I'm just a little curious since I love making up pokemon

I'll get started on my application then ^^ Thank you for answering my questions! Oh, I have one more ^^' Can we make our own pokemon? If not, I have one of the official ones ready for my character ^^ I'm just a little curious since I love making up pokemon

No Fakemon will take part

How'll Alola forms work? I have a suggestion or two as of how to integrate them.

How'll Alola forms work? I have a suggestion or two as of how to integrate them.

They are already indigenous to the region as a sub species, usually found where they'd be most appropriate. That way players can pick what iterations they like without feeling too restricted

They are already indigenous to the region as a sub species, usually found where they'd be most appropriate. That way players can pick what iterations they like without feeling too restricted

How about evolution-based Alola forms like Marowak, Exeggutor and Raichu?

How about evolution-based Alola forms like Marowak, Exeggutor and Raichu?

Completely situational, For example evolving Eggecute in a warmer area of the region will yield the Grass/Draggon version while colder climates will yield the Grass/Psychic

Reactions: Crow and vulae
upload_2017-6-27_23-16-24.png

Name: Faye Gallagher

Apperance: Often wears a purple hoodie and blue jeans with white fingerless gloves and gray, red, and white tennis shoes. Her eyes are bright green and her skin is fair. Her hair is stark black, giving her the name Faye, which means Raven, and she has recently added red highlights to it. The hair itself is medium length and wavy.

Hometown: Outside of Delta city, Mugen

Personality: Faye is a very motivated and passionate person. She gets easily excited when it comes to Pokemon battles, wanting to improve her battling style and reach her goal of creating a new way to battle. She's very kind and has a strong sense of justice, unable to leave someone who needs help. She's lives her life to the fullest and enjoys even the smallest of things. However, she is also hotheaded and stubborn. Push the right buttons, and she seems like a different person, starting fights and snapping at everyone until she calms down, often taking time alone to do so. This behavior causes her to say things she can't take back, and so she pushes away people she calls her friends. Faye has her more serious and calm moments too, being more anti-social and lost in her thoughts and daydreams. But those moments are rare and she spends most of her time being mischievous, witty, and a little rebellious.

Biography: Her parents are popular breeders within the Mugen region, raising Pokemon of all kinds whether requested or not. They would often give new trainers an egg to care for or breed specific pokemon should someone ask. Some pokemon were even bred to help professors around the world to study the pokemon closer. Being raised in this environment, Faye learned to properly care for Pokemon from hatching eggs to making specialized diets. She grew extremely close with Pokemon through her daily interactions and can't imagine life without them. Faye loved the family farm, but she was growing restless. The moment she turned 10 and got her license, she asked her parents for a pokemon so she could head out on a journey. Reluctantly, they gave her Edan, a newly hatched growlithe. Faye told them not to worry before saying good-bye and heading towards town with her new puppy Pokemon.

Goal: Her goal is to raise the level of normal Pokemon battles using out of the box strategies and unique movements. Things like using flamethrower and making the pokemon spin to create a makeshift flame wheel or to use thunderbolt when using quick attack to create a less powerful volt tackle with no recoil. She loves to distract the opponent with flashy moves before pulling the rug out from underneath them in a solid attack.

Team:

Edan.png

Growlithe/ Edan/ Male/ Justified

Iron Tail/ Flamethrower/ Flame Wheel/ Bite

- Unlike his partner, Edan is very level headed and calm. He has a strong sense of responsibility and loyalty, caring for everyone on the team as a leader should. He is extremely protective and overly cautious, even patrolling camp at night, checking up on everyone, stopping fights, and staying completely alert. Because of his constant surveillance, he stays outside his pokeball.

Avani.png

Rockruff/ Avani/ Female/ Keen Eye

Bite/ Rock Throw/ Thunder Fang/ Stone Edge

Avani is a very timid soul, being totally shy and nervous around others. She looks up to Edan, following him around when outside her pokeball. She's very curious too, often leading her astray if something catches her attention. However, in battle her excitement overtakes her timidness making her much more confident.

Shinx/ Raiden/ Male/ Intimidate

Bite/ Spark/ Wild charge/ Quick Attack

He is very playful and energetic, joining Faye in loads of mischief. He is often brash and headstrong, acting before thinking and getting into trouble. He loves to start fights by taunting other Pokemon as a way to have fun, even if it isn't for the others. He exudes confidence and always tries to handle things himself, being quite jealous of Edan.

Other: While her goal is to create a new inspired way of battling, she also wishes to become a pokemon professor. She can't imagine her life without Pokemon, so she wants to learn all there is of Pokemon and turn that knowledge into a paid profession. She wishes to study Pokemon Behavior and Communication.

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-27_19-40-47.png
    upload_2017-6-27_19-40-47.png
    385.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: An Otaku