Plot Discussion (Chapter 8)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to make a character that is magically bound into a piece of jewelry, and uses it to influence and possess others like the ring in the lord of the rings. It would be a sort of inversion, the aux is physical and contains the immaterial crux within itself. Would that be okay?

The idea sounds OK in principle, but the interpretation of aux and crux being swapped I cannot allow. Crux is crux and aux is aux.

Tip for @Snowday and @Senpie : avoid anachronisms like 'oxygen'

Okay, so the amulet would still be the aux, and the spirit inside still be the crux?

That is very confusing. Also, no spirits .... that comes too close to 'messing with / raising the dead." Perhaps we can work the idea into a divine weapon.

@Snowday @Senpie - the titan is engaged in war and will war until it dies, unless you can give it the command to 'swim up'. Try and get into its head!

Biollante has decided that Silvarum either has died at the hands of the centipedes, or will die soon.

Sure, that sounds cool. So how would my idea work in Illium?

My character could instead be a Nocturne royal who lived deep inside a swamp in Viridos. Sells some valuable crop or something along those lines

I suggest you talk to @Sofa King Fancy if you are set on your voices in weapons idea.

As for Viridos, there are problems with it, so a Nocturne royal doing regular business right now will not be the best fit. You will have to adapt slightly.

See ya! You're free to come back if you like.

It's a shame, the spider-kin culture on top of the Riven tree is great. I imagine thick, thick cobwebs, like clouds, and all that. I will definitely stick with some of those ideas.

Reactions: fatalrendezvous
This weekend spurt of activity is really making me happy. Thank you everyone.

Don't forget that I am always very accessible by pm, OOC, or skype for any questions, plotting, etc.

• Thank You
Reactions: lynzy and Spire
Annnnddd Taggart is posted for. Just him riffling through old and forgotten things.
Nothing earth shattering or ground breaking there.

Anyway, he is introduced and I am totally up for discussing this weapon.

@Sofa King Fancy, if you're on Skype and willing to deal with our banter, post your Skype username and we'll add you to the group chat. ^^

@fatalrendezvous
Pretty much just 'nope' three times and two zeroes. I never use skype, but I'll make sure that my screen name is changed on there so people know who I am.

Thanks.

I mean, I wouldn't mind if the OOC here got more traffic too.

I'll put something up for the Prosperos soonish. Waiting on @Snowday and @Senpie to put something up, but no rush. The titan is engaged in war and will war until it dies, unless you can give it the command to 'swim up'. Try and get into its head!

I was going to let Senpie go, since I was the last of the two of us to post, but if they don't put up a post, then I'd be willing to do a little hijacking.

Senpie was last seem Wednesday

;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.