unanun

Child is born, with a heart of gold
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Genres
I'm wary of magic with lots of rules.
New players are greatly encouraged to ask any question here, regardless of triviality to the story. We are all accessible!!

This thread is for planning and discussing the ongoing story.

Please take jokes, fan work and chatting to the Ilium Lounge, or the Skype group (@fatalrendezvous).

The GMs for Ilium are @unanun, @Jack Shade, @fatalrendezvous, and @Peregrine

This roleplay was the original brainchild of @Quill, a member who left Iwaku due to real life commitments last year. She first developed the story with some help from Asmodeus, who refined Quill's massive ideas into the themes of the Red, Blue and Green nations. It was then run as a roleplay... twice... before Tegan entered with some fresh ideas that took the story to a whole new level.

With Asmodeus' and Tegan's departure, Unanun and Jack will distill ilium's ideas once again, and continue with the core of her spirit in a massRP setting to its conclusion.

What we have in the end is a Mass Roleplay that is one-third Brain Dump, one-third Meta-Concept, and one-third Ingenuity. A fusion of three very different creative forces.

We hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
Reminder that there is a lot of stuff to do in Viridos and the Prosperos Sea, but I need willing and able writers to help! They will not run without activity.

I'm just thinking... Selwyn could potentially be quite a good go-between for Kaustir and the Prosperos (which would result in more activity for the latter I guess?) His interest in his own business (along with the 'encouragement' of the spice draken) would be enough reason to try and help the merchant routes begin running smoothly again. His wish to stick with what he sees at the moment as the winning side, as well as the fact that his home his currently closed off to him, gives him reason enough to stayed connected with Kaustir too.

I think he'd be a great liason between the two nations. The only problem I think that could arise from this is an isolation from most other characters, especially if he's travelling a lot. I know that ilium is less about interaction and more about painting the story of your own character, but some sort of companionship would still be nice!

I'm not sure of anyone else who would be interested in this sort of role though?

@E.T., @Falcon, and @Snowday are potentially in the Prosperos.

Also, @Snaketoof maybe.

If these writers get active on the city-ships, I can run a quest about the graveyards of the old gods and all that.

Now who else was it that was looking for an old Viridosian book of healing/magic O___O

Both my characters should now be in the Prosperos somewhere ^^

Potentially, Aline can be anywhere anyone wants her to be ... thanks to the nature of her research, she could find herself anywhere in the world at this point. So, essentially - let me know if you want her to be somewhere specific before I post next! If not, I'll just pack her up whichever way I feel like having her go, lol.

So, want to go deep diving into the Prosperos? I promise it'll be a fun grave robbing trip. If so, I'll come up with something.

Sure? I am really new though as a warning ... so I hardly know much of any current happenings beyond what was listed in the synopsis or introduction posts. I tried reading up on some of Ch. 7, but honestly, I just got a bit confused and lost - haha. So in turn, Aline would have been excluded from any major political happenings or whatever, as well.

Edit: *Facepalm* Why I didn't notice I just replied to one the GMs ... is beyond me. Of course you know I'm new, rofl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deep diving into the Prosperos sounds mighty fine to me! Selwyn has plenty of motivation head out there as I talked about above, so I don't have any problems regarding that... Unanun, would the Kaustirans let one of the merchants go off like that? Seeing as they are hostages in everything but name, that's the only issue I could see arising.

Lydyn: Since you're in Barvelle, it might be more appropriate for you to go into the mountains with Medwick (wait for Ch 8 opener).

The Czar doesn't really care about merchants. Tattersal may have stranded them there, but they're free to come and go as they please - as the Czar seems to think little of them (Ch 7 end).

I've noticed that not much seems to worry the Czar, I was thinking more about other officials and whatnot who might care a little more about the day-to-day business of the camp. But if that's all cleared then Selwyn will be off to the Prosperos once Chapter 8 is up!

Ok @unanun, I'll wait for the post and see how it's going to go down. xD She'd namely go though because the current text points to another being in the tunnels. :p

You'll see this weekend. I have to put up a Prosperos thread now because of interest, so chapter opening will be a bit delayed.

@Krimp Leonidas has made it his personal mission to see the Camps made livable and the men kept in shape.

@CrabKing That also sounds good, actually... After establishing himself as leader of this merchant faction, Selwyn has yet to actually do anything to earn that leadership. Maybe his short term plan should be solidifying his people's position within New Zirako, then...

Options, options!

TIPS AND TRICKS:

Kaustir: Czar is marching north! Do your part! The Czar seems to have been replaced behind the scenes by a doppelganger. Hmm ...

Pegulis: Medwick hates everyone, as usual! He's going into Barvelle to find out the mysteries behind the Ghoul Sage!

Prosperos: Merchants aren't as believing of K'Larr! They've split and begun to kill each other! It's probably scurvy! But someone is fishing in the ocean for something ...

For those of you lollygagging in Hosia who want to get out to the Prosperos, there are a jillion ways that you can get onto a ship:

- Present a silver wings crest (you were invited)
- Refugee [from Tattersal's wrath]
- Stowaway
- Merchant of note
- etc ...

@LVL1337N00B & @unanun; I just realized a fault of mine. I didn't realize there were three different synopsis for each kingdom! So after reading the one for Pegulis ... I realized Aldus is or was under some sort of mind-influence from a magical storm. Is that still going on? At least when Aline was there? I'm thinking her actual home will be in Barvelle, so a good reason to return there...

I think that is calming down now, since the person behind the mind control biz has left the city, presumably to fry bigger fish. I could see someone struggling with that still though, the effects of his control would last for a longer period of time if the person in question was exposed to him for a while. That aside, it would be safe to say there's still a ton of damage to the city itself, thanks to that nasty storm.. Also exploded towers. I forget if it was just the one though.

Might be better to just let Unanun answer questions in the future.

Edit: Left out one big thing, the entire council in Aldus is dead, by the guard captain's hand. It wouldn't be so if not for Azareth, but I'm sure most people don't realize that. Hell, I'm sure a lot of them weren't even aware of his existence.

Reactions: unanun
Status
Not open for further replies.