Plot Discussion (Chapter 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I'm good for either thing. The deep Barvelle thing might be easier, honestly. I'm at least a little familiar with Pegulis' capitol, where I haven't really read anything in the Cheronese.. Or anywhere else, really.
Be better to do that. Art has seen Ophanim before. Having a few people write with me will be better for activity. @Noctis the Devious might join us.

Art was stone drunk at the time, but yes. He'd remember him, vaguely. Let me know when you're ready to start putting something together, alright?

Oh, by the way, I recently learned that Google Docs works on my phone, so we could use that if you wanted to collaborate. Or we could just use the conversation thing here, which would actually be easier, I think.

If you're up to speed with how I wrapped up Ophanim's adventure, I need a small chain of events that compels you to start wandering into the deeper tunnels. Getting drunk, musing philosophical, any good ol excuse will do.

Collabs are fun but I'd even encourage you to just write out bits and hijack if necessary. Improves flow and helps you get practice as well.

The only thing left for this chapter is for Pegulis to make a showing.

Here is my plan for chapter 8:

- Kaustir will march North. What will the stranded merchant delegation do with this information?
- Main quest in Pegulis will be a downward journey into Barvelle to find the truth of Pegulis, the ghoul sage, and Arktus. Anyone in Pegulis is encouraged to show up. Make an excuse to come!
- Prosperos quest: digging up objects of the cataclysm from the deeps, and what those will tell us. The merchant city will face its first real crisis.
- Viridos: cleaning up the grevious, and possibly Ilium's first showing

Rally round guys. There's a lot to do and a lot to learn about Ilium.

Last edited:
How's that for an appetizer, Unanun :3

• Thank You
Reactions: unanun
Art was stone drunk at the time, but yes. He'd remember him, vaguely. Let me know when you're ready to start putting something together, alright?

Oh, by the way, I recently learned that Google Docs works on my phone, so we could use that if you wanted to collaborate. Or we could just use the conversation thing here, which would actually be easier, I think.
Oh great! So care for a collaboration post between @Noctis the Devious and me, so that the three characters can journey down together? That if the other doesn't mind it.

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Oh great! So care for a collaboration post between @Noctis the Devious and me, so that the three characters can journey down together? That if the other doesn't mind it.
Sounds good. Shoot me a message any time. I'd appreciate it if you could recap the most recent events for me too, since it's a major pain to read pages of stuff I missed on my phone.

The Ghoul Sage visited Ophanim and called him a pawn. Arktus all but confirmed this by demonstrating working knowledge of the golem spell. Arktus thought that he could learn more about it by having Ophanim investigate it. The Ghoul Sage claims that the Inner Sages, or some of them, are just as immortal as he is. The truth of the matter likely lies with the Vonsoons, an old, furtive Nocturne clan that scuttle around Barvelle's deeper tunnels.

You'll probably wind up running into Ethelwen down there, at some point. If you want to engage him, he'll make a great guide. At this point, no one knows the tunnels of Barvelle better than him.

I LIKE THIS

Ahem.

Wonderful new post!
And what's more is that I think i know just the Sergeant to train the new recruits.
Be careful, Ilsa's quite the firecracker xD

She isn't going to take kindly to being commanded around, especially considering she's the guard captain in her hometown of Aldus. (Well, former guard captain, but that's not important!)

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
Is that how you're going to introduce us Unanun? Well then.

*shakes hands*

So a little birdie told me that you need a dispute to be settled?

Speaking of Ilsa, I'd still like to have Art confront her at some point in the future. He still hasn't found out she killed the members of Aldus' council. Maybe I should just not have him hear about it until he meets her again.. Or maybe he could glean that little tidbit of info from the Ghoul Sage, considering he'll be joining Ophanim on an adventure to learn more about him and it seems as though he likes to pop up when people start looking into his secrets.

So sorry for the late posting... I know I promised something, but life caught up with me. I am determined to finish it though. ^.^ Unanun should generally know what I'm up to, so we'll see where it carries and such or if Aline even gets involved in this Barvelle quest ... or maybe she will more indirectly. Who knows!

The more, the merrier, yeah? Delving into Barvelle's deeps might seem interesting to a scholar/mage, I'd think.

Nice to see some old-fashioned civility in this day and age. ;)

*Shakes hand back*

Dispute? I suppose, the merchants are definitely going to need to sort out what they're doing sooner rather than later. I was going to get up a post today but that fell through (my bad) but I can definitely get something up tomorrow if you'd like me to set something up? Collabing or at least talking about it beforehand are also options so I'm pretty easy.

Merchants sell goods - so we need to decide what they will sell, and who they will sell it to. The merchants are ostensibly part of Hosia. I do not believe Kaustir knows that most of them have moved onto the sea. There are some Avarath merchants left that trade in dried food and other things, but they still think their goods are coming from Hosia. Since Tattersal has closed the borders, the supply of herbs will start to dry up.

Status
Not open for further replies.