Plot Discussion (Chapter 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have opening material for Chapter 8! I'm aiming to close Chapter 7 sometime this week and will open chapter 8 early next week. Most information is given in the Upcoming Events thread.

For those of you with interests in Viridos and the Prosperos, please let me know here! The plot that could potentially run in there is no less important than anything going on, but it is hard for me to do without player participation. If I can assemble a couple of people for each of those events, I will be more than glad to run them!

Reactions: Krimp
How much time has passed since my collaboration with WishfulNemo, and how much will have passed by the time chapter eight starts? Also, did you plan to start the deep Barvelle thingus before or after opening chapter eight?

I will open the Chapter with Medwick resolving to go down there. It will be implied that he has walked around Barvelle grabbing people he thinks aren't very ideological, more an extra pair of hands.

As for the collab .. not too long, really. After Chapter 8 starts, perhaps a week will have passed.

Would it be easier to just wait until the next chapter for me to continue? I feel like a fresh chapter would go along nicely with the beginning of the rise of this little group of merchants.

Wait, so.. Is our party going to follow Medwick or bump into him down there, or what?

I do think a fresh chapter would probably be for the best, especially for my character. I'm at a loss as to what to do with her this chapter, but I have a clear idea for the next one.

Follow. Assume he has grabbed and assembled you at the entrance to the deeper tunnels.

I'm glad you've got a clear idea - hopefully Selwyn can get involved in that somehow, as I'm at a bit of a loss direction-wise. It normally takes me some time to get to grips with my characters and what they're working towards, and that's just complicated by the fact I've entered at what seems to be quite a confusing time. (Although maybe that's just me??)

Then again, maybe a new chapter is exactly what I need as well! We'll see soon enough.

I'm shooting for ending this weekend.

I have a proposed chapter for the Prosperos nation, classic (ocean) dungeon crawl and all that. As for the merchants stuck in New Kaustir, the difficult reality is that they will be directionless for a while. The obvious path I can see, as outlined in the Upcoming Events, is that the merchants need peace, or at the very least, constant, simmering war. To do that, they will need to start pulling influence - blackmailing, threatening to withhold goods, gunboat diplomacy, and sometimes outright violence.

Introducing: merchant factions!

Reactions: Silvir
Status
Not open for further replies.