Perfectly Twisted

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Asher frowned and climbed back onto the sofa behind him, lightly wrapping his arms around him in a quick hug.
"Sorry to hear, but we'll have just as much fun, okay?"
It wasn't hard to see the disappointment on his face, especially since he was a terrible liar.
"Were you supposed to meet a girl there or something?"

"Nah, just a friend. She's on the girls' basketball team, and they've got big game coming up, so practise and all that..."
Roland waved his hand dismissively after saying this. He was disappointed, yes, but it was an inevitable thing. That aside, he was actually rather happy his friend was on the team for the game - a cinema trip was trivial, when she could be slamming hoops and suchlike. Putting his own arm aronud his brother, Roland asked: "So, what do you propose we do, then?"

Asher nodded but pursed his lips as he rested his head against Roland's shoulder. It may have been surprising he was okay with careless touches like this, but Roland was family. "A friend, hm? Not too sure I believe you...given that I called Darren a friend while we were quite a bit more than that." He offered a humorless chuckle. "I wouldn't mind just going to the cinema like you planned. Or maybe go down to the park."

Roland adopted a bewildered fcial expression, but given that Asher didn't really know much about his friends other than that he had them, this misconception wasn't surprising.
"Ash, we've known each other since we were kids. She's practically a sister to me. Thinking about her like that's like me saying I love you... And then mentioning it's not brotherly love. But that's not important. What is important, is what movie do you feel like watching that's on?"

Asher nearly recoiled at that, but managed to remain where he was after reminding himself this was Roland, who surely didn't get fired up over a misconception.
"Oh..I didn't..Sorry." He mumbled, a little guilty he didn't know who his brother was talking about. Somehow relieved though, that Roland wasn't being whisked away by someone and leaving him alone. How selfish.
"Whatever's fine. You can pick."

Roland smirked - he only had a sneaking suspicion, and didn't even think that was worth any thought, but decided to tease Asher on it anyway.
"Ash... are you jealous of people who have my attention that aren't you?"

Asher's face reddened in embarrassment at the assumption. How had he been so easily read? The teen quickly let Roland go, instead turning to flop down on the sofa, face buried in a pillow.
"Course not. I'm not a baby, y'kno," he mumbled.

Roland leant over him, grinning wildly - it wasn't as if Asher could see him, anyway.
"Aw, come on, you're still my little baby brother." Roland cooed, snuggling up to Asher, if only to embarrass him further. This was typical of Roland - despite being all big and scary, he was just a big teddy bear that loved to cuddle, s long as the person he hugged was close to him.

While Ash couldn't have been more embarrassed, he enjoyed having Roland's attention. They had always been close - but the recent turn of events seemed to be strengthening that bond. Ash turned his head to peek at him from behind the pillow with a slight pout.
"I prefer the term 'younger brother', thank you very much."

"Well, 'younger brother', you still seemed pretty jealous when I said I might have been going to see a movie with a friend."
Roland was blatantly just teasing Roland - and it was working, to his mind. He spoke to Asher like he would a small child, though he assumed Asher wouldn't get that upset, as he guessed his little brother would know he was just playing around.

Asher quickly hid his face behind the pillow once more, his voice coming out muffled, "So what if I was a little jealous?" Wasn't that better than not caring?

"I think it's sweet how much you love your big brother. Come on, you don't have to be shy about it."
Roland hugged Asher closer, his embrace warm and comforting - at least, he hoped so. otherwise the situation would be more than a little awkward.

Asher's face reddened slightly in embarrassment as he felt his brother's arms tighten around him. He truly did feel like a little kid. "It's a little hard not to, you know," he grumbled, "you're like a big protective teddy bear."

"Well, if you're going to grumble about it, maybe I should stop."
Though he did not let go, Roland pouted at Asher, a look of blatantly false sadness on his face. Of course he wasn't going to stop, though.

"No, don't," he said, probably a bit too quickly. "You're warm.."
He turned his head to be able to see Roland and pursed his lips, lifting a hand to poke his cheek. "That pout is fooling no one, Ro."

Roland was surprised that Asher responded so quickly - he had expected a swift response, but not one that swift. Nevertheless, he kept his arms around Asher, keeping him warm and close.
"True, but you seemed to react a little quickly to me threatening to let you go." He retorted, a hint of cheek evident in his voice.

Asher glanced away but was quick to shoot back, "Well, I don't see you in any rush to let me go, either. As for that jealousy thingy - can you say that you were never jealous of all the time I spent with Darren?"
To be quite honest, Ash wasn't so bold as to say things like that, but here with no one but Roland, he had a tiny bit more backbone.

Roland furrowed his brow at this, taking a moment to formulate a response.
"I don't want to let you go because you're just too cute and cuddly to let go of. Admit it, you like this just as much as I do."
Roland's tone did, however, drop slightly when he mentioned Darren, and he seemed to hold Asher closer. "I guess jealous is one word for it..."

Asher couldn't argue with that. He did enjoy the bit of cuddling they'd got into, maybe even more than he should. Rather than continuing on that note, he leaned up to gently nuzzle his nose to his brother's left cheek while pinching the other.
"That's actually adorable coming from my big brother. I never thought you'd admit something like that."

Roland frowned a little at Asher nuzzling and pinching him, having not actually expected to be treated in such a manner. However, he went along with it, as he actually did like it. He returned the gesture by nuzzling Asher's cheek with his own, allowing him the opportunity to whisper in Asher's ear.
"I can say things like this because you're my adorable little brother. Can't we have a little heart-to-heart sometimes?"
Though, there was the point that Roland would not mention that he was enjoying this more than a brother should - not to a particularly large degree, but it was there, niggling at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.