Pentagram: ENNEA

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny you should ask, because I realised just before you did that I'd neglected to mention it.

There is a system in which a Celestial can intentionally deal less or take more damage in order to absorb energy.
For instance, an attack made against Astra may cost 10 WP to cast. She can choose to weaken her AMC field to allow, for instance, 40% more energy through. She would take 40% more damage from that attack, but in return, gains 40% of the WP cost in her Elysium Heart (a closed section of her energy reserves that can store huge amounts of power and keep it stable). When it is full, she can Awaken for one round, but this can stack to save up for multiple rounds.

Astra's Elysium Heart needs 90 WP to fill.

Ah that's easy. Im guessing defensive walls will reduce the amount one can absorb? And from not weakening her field, does she absorb nothing, or only the WP of what gets through it? so if she takes 70% of the total power as damage, she drains 70% of the WP cost of it?

Um I may need some serious hand holding while I make my character LOL

Does it mater which donor's were the parents??? Does it affect what kind of abilities the character will have???

Oh my god, I just found the index. -brain explodes-

W.I.P

Name: [[Good heavens, whatever might this be for?]]
Race: [[See the Index for a list.]]
Appearance: [[Write some words or use a fucking picture or something.]]

Gene donors: [[List both "parents", one of which absolutely must be a Level 9.]]
Birthplace: [[Be as specific (or not) as you like.]]
History: [[Stuff that happened to your character. Optional, since some people are just boring.]]

Magic Type: [[Thaumaturgy, Sorcery, or Trickery. Or maybe none, because you're a familiar. Or maybe you're a mundane and thus a total scrub. Also, list the elements that the character can use.]]
Level: [[See the entry on the Bauer-West Level system in the Index for details.]]

General Personality: [[The external demeanour that the character interacts with the world using. Standard stuff.]]
Inner Personality: [[The cat's out of the bag. The beans are spilled. The cuttlefish is gutted. The walrus is in the tree. What are they really like inside? Optional, but fun.]]

Spells: [[Describe what they are and what they do. You can have as many as you can think up, and add in more as the RP goes on. I'll approve each one individually. If your character is a Warlock, feel free to add a hideously over-versatile Meridian Rule. Gifts have their Meridian Rule, as per standard, based on the Meridian Rule of their "parents". If they aren't a Warlock or Magician, however, don't bother with this section.]]

Stats:
(Measured from 0-100. You can have no more than 450 total.)
Potency: [[Magical output]]
Dexterity:
Agility:
Endurance:
Creativity:
Intelligence:
Awareness:

Um, you missed a bit... like... the whole thing. GG

Um, you missed a bit... like... the whole thing. GG
I know! Ah fuck. Let me go read the index. I didn't realize the rp was this big x-x

Lol neither did I. I opened the index and my thought processes became basically "Fuck. I haven't read this much since December".

Lol neither did I. I opened the index and my thought processes became basically "Fuck. I haven't read this much since December".
Well that's the thing, I wasn't planning on joining huge complex role-plays as of late. I thought this rp was a lot simpler, but I looked at this on my phone not the computer. I havn't actually really looked at everything until just now.

@Random As a result I am going to have to withdraw. If circumstance was different I would be all for joining as this is a well thought out idea and interesting concept. I just don't have the time. Sorry ^^;

Why I cannot keyboard
The aubergines did this

@Vio, that's a shame, but I will openly admit that this is a little complicated, and it seems from everybody's reactions that I made this look deceptively simple.
Hakuna matata. Rest in purple and thanks for coming!

@Karakui, you only get out what you put in. If she increases the damage by 70%, she gains 70% of the WP in her Elysium Heart, but she can't reduce damage because the Heart is closed. Likewise, if you hold back 70% of an attack then you get 70% of the energy stored up in the Heart. She can also only absorb damage that she takes, so everything is off if it hits a barrier.

• Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray
Ah that makes sense. By holding back, does that mean if she were to use Heaven's Blaze and hold back 100% of the attack, she'd gain all ~160 points of WP in her Heart?

Quite so. On the other hand, that would also completely open her up for a direct hit, so it might not be worth it for one turn of Awakening.

So... there's nothing stopping her from spending her spare time casting and absorbing Heaven's Blaze so she's got like 5 hours of Awakened stocked up then obliterate everything? Might wanna put a time limit on how long energy remains stored in there.

Well, we're getting pretty advanced here, but energy recycling takes place as soon as WP stops being expended. The energy within the Heart cycles back out to her AMC field to speed up natural regeneration, that being what it was designed for, hence its name. A couple of Celestials figured out during the Angel War that it cycles enough energy to partially manifest their true form.

Ooh fancy. So provided she has WP in her heart, it'll slowly drain and restore her own WP faster than an average person?

Everyone has an Elysium Heart. Celestials just have more powerful ones, and exert a degree of conscious control that no other being has. That, and they're capable of mercilessly abusing them to cause carnage.

Ah ok. Im pretty sure I get it now.

Since I now have a keyboard, I'll begin setting up a statsheet. I'll link it in the OP when I'm done.

The words 'tl;dr' do not exist for a writer. Fools.

Also, here I was thinking there'd been no interest at all when actually the site decided to undo my watching of this thread.

ANsmTz7.gif

Um... isn't tl;dr essentially the commoner's equivelant of the Blurb though?

TL;DR, an abbreviation for "Too long; didn't read", is Internet slang used in reply to a lengthy online message. It is also used at the beginning of a summary of such a message. The phrase dates back to at least 2003, and was added to the Oxford Dictionaries Online in 2013. It is similar to the term BLUF. A BLUF ("bottom line up front") is a paragraph where the conclusions and recommendations are placed at the beginning of the text, rather than the end, in order to facilitate rapid decision making. Traditionally, conclusions and recommendations are included at the end, following the arguments and considerations of facts. The concept is not exclusive to writing; it can also refer to conversations and interviews.

TL;DR: TL;DR is used so much that it is now an official term, terms like it are used in political arguments.

Also, Donk, don't you know? A Watched Thread never gets posts.

Or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.