• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
She tinged slightly at the smile but it was accompanied by a flat look as she held up her phone so Lucifer could see the date. "Its Sunday honey. Thats what I meant, if you need me to do this soon then I gotta do it like, now."

----------------------
It seems the dream will as of yet, remain a dream.

Lucifer blinked at the date, a pained look crossing his features as he realized.

He forgot to go to church. Ah well. God will forgive him this one time, considering what was on the line. He got up, walked around the table and leaned in for a deep kiss. Pulling away, slightly red he said worriedly in a lower tone.

"Please be careful. Do whatever you can, but not at the point where you might get hurt.Text me if anything happens?"

And then maybe a little bit of the puzzle might be made clear.

He hoped.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Being here felt wrong now.

It hadn't even been that long, and the sense of routine in navigating the campus's dorms and halls never really went away. But it was long enough that the routine now felt skewed, ugly and alien, like every step she took on the carpeted floor was an affront: like her being here was. And it didn't matter how fast she walked, how low she pulled her hood down over her eyes to hide herself - The stares still came. Whenever someone caught a glimpse of her face, whenever someone thought they recognized the square shoulders and muscle definition; whenever a passing student looked her way and was reminded, vaguely, that there used to be something in there worth looking up to.

Not even empty hallways brought her peace of mind, the walls themselves closing in on her whenever she dared open her eyes. She tried walking with them shut for a brief spell, but just when her heart started hammering a little less she mowed straight into another student and almost checked them to the floor, only able to offer the most dazed of apologies before she quickly turned a corner into a mercifully empty side corridor, sagged back against a wall and uttered a low, miserable moan, hands on her head.

Vincent University was supposed to be her home for four years; Now, all anyone ever wondered was why she hadn't come back yet. How could they ask her that? How could they? She didn't even have an answer for what she was doing here today, so, you know. It was less like "one step at a time" and more "one useless flop at a time until you're lying on your side but still haven't actually moved anywhere". She snorted at her own stupid, inward joke, hands moving down the sides of her face as she let her gaze drift up to the wall opposite, where an undermaintained notice board was practically overflowing with ads and fliers. Her own face stared back at her through the numerous papers, smiling that dumb grin she hadn't cracked sincerely in months and curling her bicep up in a flex pose.

Korra sighed, stood up and yanked the poster off the board. Why was she here? Trying to track down someone she might've vaguely recognized from, what, a dream? Her therapist would've had plenty to say if she still went to those meetings.

Looking over the poster in her hands despite herself, she frowned lightly at the reminder. Flanking her pictured self at either side were over a dozen other figures clad in hockey gear flexing similarly (though only the two closest matched the sheer doofiness of the original pose), a flaming graphic reading 'THESE GUNS ARE LICENSED TO THRILL' and emblazoned by a ferret completing the cheap poster showcasing the university's very own hockey team. Her team. This was from months ago, when the Ferrets made the NCAA bracket and she called everyone together as captain for that group shot, and even though she had no idea the media department was gonna make these they got plastered everywhere for a while and it was kinda... awesome.

She shook her head. Maybe she was here because for the first time since that thing happened-- Not the poster thing, another thing-- she felt like... she could do something. She felt like she could be something other than powerless for the first time in months. If it took following a crazy dream to bring her that then so be it, because as vivid and clear as it was next to her usual nightmares there was one thing she remembered about it above all else: That in that dream, she was happy.

And maybe someday she could be something worth looking up to again.

---

The register said this was the room. Ruby Rose, Edison dorm. Weird. She'd been in this building before, and dreams were dreams, but... Everything about it was too lucid. On the way up here she looked in on the catering area and found the same pack of baloney she almost died from in dreamland. Nothing would've made sense if not for what the one metal armed guy said, and... it still didn't.

Whether it did or not, she was here. Korra stepped up to the door and hammered her fist on it a few times, letting her tired gaze settle on the room's occupant when they answered, hood pulled up and hands slouched tensely in her pockets.

2fJCo5S.png

"I need to talk to youuuuuu..."

But Ruby was somewhere else, meaning whoever answered the door wasn't her.

"...uuur roommate."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer HERE HERE IS YOUR POST
@C.T. AND YOU CAN JUST DIE

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Ringmaster and C.T.
The register said this was the room. Ruby Rose, Edison dorm. Weird. She'd been in this building before, and dreams were dreams, but... Everything about it was too lucid. On the way up here she looked in on the catering area and found the same pack of baloney she almost died from in dreamland. Nothing would've made sense if not for what the one metal armed guy said, and... it still didn't.

Whether it did or not, she was here. Korra stepped up to the door and hammered her fist on it a few times, letting her tired gaze settle on the room's occupant when they answered, hood pulled up and hands slouched tensely in her pockets.

2fJCo5S.png

"...uuur roommate."

Eric had been contemplating where to go for some time as he walked the streets. He distinctly mentioned the metal armed man listing places for the group to meet up when they ended up here. Which helped in giving Eric options. Didn't quite help in the whole decision factor. Though walking among this crowd of people only made the pain in his heart grow worse. Did the other Eric have to put up with people staring because of the makeup he wore or had things simply gotten so out of control that a man with a broken past like his could roam seemingly without a care in the world. When really he had the heaviest burden of all.

Doing what had to be done to be reunited with his love.

LRUZQdv.jpg

The very thought made Eric's blood run cold. The thought of losing Shelly horrified him enough. To go on without her? Seemed like something out of Hell itself. Whatever the case may have been, he just hoped that the other Eric found peace someway somehow. An existence without the people you care for? What kind of existence is that but an empty one? But he couldn't let himself get distracted with the thoughts of the morbid. He had a task and he had to see it through. Pulling the hood down on his hoodie, Eric glanced around.

"Well, guess I'm checking you off the list first..." Eric muttered as he crossed the street and headed towards the university that Shelly had tried to get him enrolled into for quite some time. But Eric just couldn't be bothered with sitting in a classroom when he was much more content to sit and get his hands dirty working on his cars in the shop. For what it was worth, he was glad Shelly seemed to enjoy it. Making his way in was easy enough once he explained that he was here to drop something off for one of Shelly's classes/she was too sick to do it herself.

Which hadn't been a complete lie. The staff here were familiar enough with Eric to know who he was given how often he tagged along with Shelly/waited for her to finish classes so he could pick her up. But that wasn't why Eric was here today. He was here because of...What a dream had told him to go do. Or well not him but a version of him that had a completely fucked past. But it was better than lazing around the house, so there was a plus.

Oh, and saving the world which was kind of a big deal.

After some scrounging around, Eric eventually found one of the group. It'd been that girl that his bird had been hanging out with in that dream. She was also the one who had that heat with the unstable fire girl. But maybe he'd just keep that to himself. "Yo!" Eric called out as he approached Korra. It might have been harder to place due to the fact that there was no facepaint to be seen here but otherwise he was a spot on for the bird-wielding revenant from that dream.

usWExFh.jpg

Just look at that mug.

"I spent so much time deciding where to look, didn't think I'd find you guys. But here I am and..." Eric glanced over and blinked at the girl who had answered the door. That was definitely not the chick from the dream.

"...Hi."

@OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer

He flashed Azula a wicked grin while still speaking with a jovial tone. "I see I see...well back in my country that is quite a weird custom to have so I apologize you will only get a regular dot. If it makes you feel better it's a royally refined way."

"A man devoted to a cause does not always imply evil intent." He replied giving Ruby a slight glare. "And your words do not ring hollow to me...it came to me in a dream. Perhaps we can discuss this somewhere away from prying eyes and ears?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer C.T.
"That's fine with me. Both of those things, actually. Sounds good all around." She added, dropping the chipper voice. "A private, more secluded area." She scanned left and right briefly, staying on alert just in case, as well as a quick check of her phone to see if there were any messages. There weren't, which she took as a good sign.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Jeremi
"Well thats why I changed it to grumpy" she muttered defensively. She huffed but followed after wherever the prince led them anyways, pausing only to take a moment to stick her tongue out at Alfred one last time before they left.

------------------------
It seems the dream will as of yet, remain a dream.

Lucifer blinked at the date, a pained look crossing his features as he realized.

He forgot to go to church. Ah well. God will forgive him this one time, considering what was on the line. He got up, walked around the table and leaned in for a deep kiss. Pulling away, slightly red he said worriedly in a lower tone.

"Please be careful. Do whatever you can, but not at the point where you might get hurt.Text me if anything happens?"

And then maybe a little bit of the puzzle might be made clear.

He hoped.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
She broke off from the kiss with a wry smirk as she gave him a reassuring pat on the hand before he pulled away. "Hey, when have I ever been the one who needs to be told to be careful? I'll be fine hon, its you who needs to take care of yourself, kay?"

She waved him off as he left, but stayed where she was seated for a moment to collect her thoughts. Wow. This was just... weird. She had a phone call to make. And depending on where that one led... she might have to make a few more.

---------------------------------------
Being here felt wrong now.

It hadn't even been that long, and the sense of routine in navigating the campus's dorms and halls never really went away. But it was long enough that the routine now felt skewed, ugly and alien, like every step she took on the carpeted floor was an affront: like her being here was. And it didn't matter how fast she walked, how low she pulled her hood down over her eyes to hide herself - The stares still came. Whenever someone caught a glimpse of her face, whenever someone thought they recognized the square shoulders and muscle definition; whenever a passing student looked her way and was reminded, vaguely, that there used to be something in there worth looking up to.

Not even empty hallways brought her peace of mind, the walls themselves closing in on her whenever she dared open her eyes. She tried walking with them shut for a brief spell, but just when her heart started hammering a little less she mowed straight into another student and almost checked them to the floor, only able to offer the most dazed of apologies before she quickly turned a corner into a mercifully empty side corridor, sagged back against a wall and uttered a low, miserable moan, hands on her head.

Vincent University was supposed to be her home for four years; Now, all anyone ever wondered was why she hadn't come back yet. How could they ask her that? How could they? She didn't even have an answer for what she was doing here today, so, you know. It was less like "one step at a time" and more "one useless flop at a time until you're lying on your side but still haven't actually moved anywhere". She snorted at her own stupid, inward joke, hands moving down the sides of her face as she let her gaze drift up to the wall opposite, where an undermaintained notice board was practically overflowing with ads and fliers. Her own face stared back at her through the numerous papers, smiling that dumb grin she hadn't cracked sincerely in months and curling her bicep up in a flex pose.

Korra sighed, stood up and yanked the poster off the board. Why was she here? Trying to track down someone she might've vaguely recognized from, what, a dream? Her therapist would've had plenty to say if she still went to those meetings.

Looking over the poster in her hands despite herself, she frowned lightly at the reminder. Flanking her pictured self at either side were over a dozen other figures clad in hockey gear flexing similarly (though only the two closest matched the sheer doofiness of the original pose), a flaming graphic reading 'THESE GUNS ARE LICENSED TO THRILL' and emblazoned by a ferret completing the cheap poster showcasing the university's very own hockey team. Her team. This was from months ago, when the Ferrets made the NCAA bracket and she called everyone together as captain for that group shot, and even though she had no idea the media department was gonna make these they got plastered everywhere for a while and it was kinda... awesome.

She shook her head. Maybe she was here because for the first time since that thing happened-- Not the poster thing, another thing-- she felt like... she could do something. She felt like she could be something other than powerless for the first time in months. If it took following a crazy dream to bring her that then so be it, because as vivid and clear as it was next to her usual nightmares there was one thing she remembered about it above all else: That in that dream, she was happy.

And maybe someday she could be something worth looking up to again.

---

2fJCo5S.png

"...uuur roommate."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer HERE HERE IS YOUR POST
@C.T. AND YOU CAN JUST DIE

Eric had been contemplating where to go for some time as he walked the streets. He distinctly mentioned the metal armed man listing places for the group to meet up when they ended up here. Which helped in giving Eric options. Didn't quite help in the whole decision factor. Though walking among this crowd of people only made the pain in his heart grow worse. Did the other Eric have to put up with people staring because of the makeup he wore or had things simply gotten so out of control that a man with a broken past like his could roam seemingly without a care in the world. When really he had the heaviest burden of all.

Doing what had to be done to be reunited with his love.

LRUZQdv.jpg

The very thought made Eric's blood run cold. The thought of losing Shelly horrified him enough. To go on without her? Seemed like something out of Hell itself. Whatever the case may have been, he just hoped that the other Eric found peace someway somehow. An existence without the people you care for? What kind of existence is that but an empty one? But he couldn't let himself get distracted with the thoughts of the morbid. He had a task and he had to see it through. Pulling the hood down on his hoodie, Eric glanced around.

"Well, guess I'm checking you off the list first..." Eric muttered as he crossed the street and headed towards the university that Shelly had tried to get him enrolled into for quite some time. But Eric just couldn't be bothered with sitting in a classroom when he was much more content to sit and get his hands dirty working on his cars in the shop. For what it was worth, he was glad Shelly seemed to enjoy it. Making his way in was easy enough once he explained that he was here to drop something off for one of Shelly's classes/she was too sick to do it herself.

Which hadn't been a complete lie. The staff here were familiar enough with Eric to know who he was given how often he tagged along with Shelly/waited for her to finish classes so he could pick her up. But that wasn't why Eric was here today. He was here because of...What a dream had told him to go do. Or well not him but a version of him that had a completely fucked past. But it was better than lazing around the house, so there was a plus.

Oh, and saving the world which was kind of a big deal.

After some scrounging around, Eric eventually found one of the group. It'd been that girl that his bird had been hanging out with in that dream. She was also the one who had that heat with the unstable fire girl. But maybe he'd just keep that to himself. "Yo!" Eric called out as he approached Korra. It might have been harder to place due to the fact that there was no facepaint to be seen here but otherwise he was a spot on for the bird-wielding revenant from that dream.

usWExFh.jpg

Just look at that mug.

"I spent so much time deciding where to look, didn't think I'd find you guys. But here I am and..." Eric glanced over and blinked at the girl who had answered the door. That was definitely not the chick from the dream.

"...Hi."

The look in Weiss' eyes was almost entirely unsurprised when Korra freaking Atka just randomly showed up at the school she'd pariah'd herself from after that awful incident last year right at the door of her dorm, along with some shady looking older guy. She merely snapped her gaze between the two for a moment before she spoke with a dull hum of anger at the bottom of her bored tone.

"Let me guess. You're here to speak with Ruby Rose. You're not going to actually tell me what its about. But you are going to say its of very grave importance. And then you might proceed to-" whatever she said was lost into an incoherent grumble at the floor before her eyes snapped back up to the pair. "How close am I?"

• Useful
Reactions: C.T.
"Let me guess. You're here to speak with Ruby Rose. You're not going to actually tell me what its about. But you are going to say its of very grave importance. And then you might proceed to-" whatever she said was lost into an incoherent grumble at the floor before her eyes snapped back up to the pair. "How close am I?"
vWqjaGM.jpg

Glancing back and forth between Weiss and Korra, Eric let out a rather obnoxious sigh. Aware of just how blatantly obnoxious it was, Eric smirked at Weiss as she pretty much explained why they were here. The anger bubbling beneath the calm delivery was pretty funny. Even if they were here to y'know save the world.

"I think you're on a roll so far, don't let us stop you. Keep going and you might tell us the key to saving the world and we can stop having these meetings." Eric snarked before placing a hand on his shoulder as he tapped his index finger on his shoulder blade. "Buuuuuuuut, amusing as this whole train of conversation is, not really why we stopped by but you already knew that. Eric Draven by the by, nice to meet you."

Extending his hand towards Weiss, Eric tried to flash her a warm smile. He knew that he had a few years on these two. But working at a mechanic's place, you saw all kinds come in and out. The elderly who wanted tune ups to their fossils, kids who wrecked the cars that their parents got them on their sweet 16s, that kinda deal. Which meant Eric liked to think he knew a thing or two about hanging out with folks younger than him.

Even if the younger person thought he was shady old guy. :|

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers

usWExFh.jpg

Just look at that mug.

"...Hi."

The look in Weiss' eyes was almost entirely unsurprised when Korra freaking Atka just randomly showed up at the school she'd pariah'd herself from after that awful incident last year right at the door of her dorm, along with some shady looking older guy. She merely snapped her gaze between the two for a moment before she spoke with a dull hum of anger at the bottom of her bored tone.

Korra jerked her head back to look so quickly her hood fell down at Eric's voice, her eyes and nostrils flaring as one and arms instinctively tensing up in preparation to do... something, if necessary, as she stared at him with a look of raw, primal, fight-or-flight shock. His face didn't even need placing. It was him. The exact same eyes, hair and voice as the ones belonging to the painted bird guy from her dream, walking towards her across the hall at a pace quicker than she was comfortable with. Like they were old buddies.

Well, they weren't. She had no idea what to expect when she came here, but in looking for Ruby there was at least the vague recollection that came with a face crossed in the college corridors a few times, some kind of grounding familiarity she could latch on to. Something real. With Eric, there was nothing, as far as this Korra was concerned she'd never seen him before, and now someone who by all rights should've been part of her imagination was right here in the room with her, staring her in the face, and he was still walking towards her like that, what was his problem she had no idea who he was and if he didn't start giving her some space she was gonna--

Her increasingly frantic train of thought was interrupted by her all but backing into Weiss at the door, having taken a few steps backward without even realizing it. Ironically, this helped her focus at least a little; after taking a small hop away to correct herself she ground her teeth and decided on fight over flight, letting her expression shift from the frozen state of fear to a more heated look of confrontation as she tensed her fists where they were still half-raised.

"You can't actually... Did you follow me here?!" she finally demanded, face turning slightly to look at the other end of the hall before she took a step in his direction and thrust a finger out at chest-level, still not actually getting close. She didn't even acknowledge the person whose room she'd actually knocked on in the heat of the moment, letting instinct take the wheel over curiosity. "Come any closer and I'll... do something!"

She still hadn't figured out what. Probably beat him up.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Chewy Rabbits

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: C.T.
vWqjaGM.jpg

Glancing back and forth between Weiss and Korra, Eric let out a rather obnoxious sigh. Aware of just how blatantly obnoxious it was, Eric smirked at Weiss as she pretty much explained why they were here. The anger bubbling beneath the calm delivery was pretty funny. Even if they were here to y'know save the world.

"I think you're on a roll so far, don't let us stop you. Keep going and you might tell us the key to saving the world and we can stop having these meetings." Eric snarked before placing a hand on his shoulder as he tapped his index finger on his shoulder blade. "Buuuuuuuut, amusing as this whole train of conversation is, not really why we stopped by but you already knew that. Eric Draven by the by, nice to meet you."

Extending his hand towards Weiss, Eric tried to flash her a warm smile. He knew that he had a few years on these two. But working at a mechanic's place, you saw all kinds come in and out. The elderly who wanted tune ups to their fossils, kids who wrecked the cars that their parents got them on their sweet 16s, that kinda deal. Which meant Eric liked to think he knew a thing or two about hanging out with folks younger than him.

Even if the younger person thought he was shady old guy. :|

Weiss sniffed but started to reach for the hand out of politeness. "Weiss Schn-"
Korra jerked her head back to look so quickly her hood fell down at Eric's voice, her eyes and nostrils flaring as one and arms instinctively tensing up in preparation to do... something, if necessary, as she stared at him with a look of raw, primal, fight-or-flight shock. His face didn't even need placing. It was him. The exact same eyes, hair and voice as the ones belonging to the painted bird guy from her dream, walking towards her across the hall at a pace quicker than she was comfortable with. Like they were old buddies.

Well, they weren't. She had no idea what to expect when she came here, but in looking for Ruby there was at least the vague recollection that came with a face crossed in the college corridors a few times, some kind of grounding familiarity she could latch on to. Something real. With Eric, there was nothing, as far as this Korra was concerned she'd never seen him before, and now someone who by all rights should've been part of her imagination was right here in the room with her, staring her in the face, and he was still walking towards her like that, what was his problem she had no idea who he was and if he didn't start giving her some space she was gonna--

Her increasingly frantic train of thought was interrupted by her all but backing into Weiss at the door, having taken a few steps backward without even realizing it. Ironically, this helped her focus at least a little; after taking a small hop away to correct herself she ground her teeth and decided on fight over flight, letting her expression shift from the frozen state of fear to a more heated look of confrontation as she tensed her fists where they were still half-raised.

"You can't actually... Did you follow me here?!" she finally demanded, face turning slightly to look at the other end of the hall before she took a step in his direction and thrust a finger out at chest-level, still not actually getting close. She didn't even acknowledge the person whose room she'd actually knocked on in the heat of the moment, letting instinct take the wheel over curiosity. "Come any closer and I'll... do something!"

She still hadn't figured out what. Probably beat him up.

"..."

The frustration that had been on her face gave way to concern as her eyes flicked between the two, before she took a step back and started to reach towards her purse on the dresser​

"That's fine with me. Both of those things, actually. Sounds good all around." She added, dropping the chipper voice. "A private, more secluded area." She scanned left and right briefly, staying on alert just in case, as well as a quick check of her phone to see if there were any messages. There weren't, which she took as a good sign.

"Well thats why I changed it to grumpy" she muttered defensively. She huffed but followed after wherever the prince led them anyways, pausing only to take a moment to stick her tongue out at Alfred one last time before they left.

------------------------

She broke off from the kiss with a wry smirk as she gave him a reassuring pat on the hand before he pulled away. "Hey, when have I ever been the one who needs to be told to be careful? I'll be fine hon, its you who needs to take care of yourself, kay?"

She waved him off as he left, but stayed where she was seated for a moment to collect her thoughts. Wow. This was just... weird. She had a phone call to make. And depending on where that one led... she might have to make a few more.

---------------------------------------

Karnak would lead them outside to a waiting limousine and entered beckoning the two girls to follow. Once inside the chauffeur would drive off as Karnak looked at the two with him. "Now what do you two have for me? If you feel uncomfortable about talking inside here, perhaps you have some more quiet place to discuss that you find more welcome?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T.

Weiss sniffed but started to reach for the hand out of politeness. "Weiss Schn-"

"..."

The frustration that had been on her face gave way to concern as her eyes flicked between the two, before she took a step back and started to reach towards her purse on the dresser​

"Wait? Stop! It's not..."

She exclaimed brusquely over her shoulder at the potentially misled college student, throwing her hand up with a creased brow and unintentionally sounding almost as aggressive as she did with Eric in the moments before she trailed off. This, this was exactly the last thing she wanted, people fussing over her because of what happened. Assuming Weiss wasn't just calling someone to get the both of them removed completely.

After a second or two of her confidence plummeting while her urge to just get out of here built up, she rubbed at her brow with one palm and sighed.

"Whatever. Forget I came here. I'll find 'er some other way."

She turned and walked off with a slouch, down the hall in the opposite direction to wherever Eric came from.

"And whatever your deal is, just, don't come up to me again. ESPECIALLY not randomly in some hallway like this is freakin' water cooler talk during lunch! I mean... GAH!"

She settled for just making an exclamation of disbelieving frustration in his direction and throwing her hands up towards him. She was prepared for a number of things today, but someone from a weird dream she had showing up so blasély like nothing was going on at all wasn't something she wanted to deal with.

Karnak would lead them outside to a waiting limousine and entered beckoning the two girls to follow. Once inside the chauffeur would drive off as Karnak looked at the two with him. "Now what do you two have for me? If you feel uncomfortable about talking inside here, perhaps you have some more quiet place to discuss that you find more welcome?"

"A limo? Really?" She dropped her little act like it were a piece of garbage, voice returning to her normal tone. Stereotypical rich person flaunting it. Not having to drive themselves...meh. Not the biggest deal right now. "Maybe I do have another place. We do have a problem and I would prefer that more of us were around for this discussion if possible. I know I can reach Bucky at least, I took care of that with all bases covered...hopefully."

She turned and walked off with a slouch, down the hall in the opposite direction to wherever Eric came from.

"And whatever your deal is, just, don't come up to me again. ESPECIALLY not randomly in some hallway like this is freakin' water cooler talk during lunch! I mean... GAH!"

She settled for just making an exclamation of disbelieving frustration in his direction and throwing her hands up towards him. She was prepared for a number of things today, but someone from a weird dream she had showing up so blasély like nothing was going on at all wasn't something she wanted to deal with.
hICUcaq.jpg

Are you srsly gonna do me like dis Korra

Eric was completely taken aback at the very hostile reaction he got. He was almost expecting to have to put the training his pops gave him to use. But thankfully, Korra seemed to have caught herself before it went that far. But with each word she yelled Eric couldn't help but feel more and more hurt. Was he sure that this woman that his bird(still didn't quite get that what was up with that angle.)listened to rant her head off? That one may have had a lot on her chest but she didn't seem to blow up like this!

But she did have a point. What if that had all been one nasty dream? Maybe it had been and he was the crazy one for following her here. Though if she had this dream too then she'd seen his bird and the other Eric. It wasn't like he could have gotten Korra's phone number to call her when they got here!

That would have been Scream level territory! But what if the dream was real and a sign of things to come? What was he supposed to do? Sit at the coffee shop until the others showed up? What if they got occupied or what if something came up on his end? He had figured that this girl might have been of a similar mentality as him. Meet up and try to catch up with the others! Yet when he did try doing so, he was hair-trigger away from pushing the girl into possibly knocking him out!

Holding up his hands, Eric tried to show her he meant no harm. Not that he felt he really HAD to. This whole thing was really pretty stressful come to think of it.

eXKo5PI.jpg

"Look, I get you're pissed. I get this wasn't exactly the best way to meet up. But you or well the other you from that dream seemed pretty alright. Guess I figured might as well try to catch up with you and see if we could find some of the others like that metal-armed guy. The hell was I supposed to do? Hit you up for your number before we ended up doing all this?" Realizing that he was starting to get frustrated himself, Eric sighed and turned away from Korra as he pressed a hand up against the wall.

"I'm sorry. You wanna go do your own thing, go right ahead. I'll try and find the others on my own."

hICUcaq.jpg

Eric was completely taken aback at the very hostile reaction he got. He was almost expecting to have to put the training his pops gave him to use. But thankfully, Korra seemed to have caught herself before it went that far. But with each word she yelled Eric couldn't help but feel more and more hurt. Was he sure that this woman that his bird(still didn't quite get that what was up with that angle.)listened to rant her head off? That one may have had a lot on her chest but she didn't seem to blow up like this!

But she did have a point. What if that had all been one nasty dream? Maybe it had been and he was the crazy one for following her here. Though if she had this dream too then she'd seen his bird and the other Eric. It wasn't like he could have gotten Korra's phone number to call her when they got here!

That would have been Scream level territory! But what if the dream was real and a sign of things to come? What was he supposed to do? Sit at the coffee shop until the others showed up? What if they got occupied or what if something came up on his end? He had figured that this girl might have been of a similar mentality as him. Meet up and try to catch up with the others! Yet when he did try doing so, he was hair-trigger away from pushing the girl into possibly knocking him out!

Holding up his hands, Eric tried to show her he meant no harm. Not that he felt he really HAD to. This whole thing was really pretty stressful come to think of it.

eXKo5PI.jpg

"Look, I get you're pissed. I get this wasn't exactly the best way to meet up. But you or well the other you from that dream seemed pretty alright. Guess I figured might as well try to catch up with you and see if we could find some of the others like that metal-armed guy. The hell was I supposed to do? Hit you up for your number before we ended up doing all this?" Realizing that he was starting to get frustrated himself, Eric sighed and turned away from Korra as he pressed a hand up against the wall.

"I'm sorry. You wanna go do your own thing, go right ahead. I'll try and find the others on my own."

Maybe if you'd stop posing for photographs Eric

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

Korra hurled back loudly as soon as the automechanic got into specifics, trying her hardest to talk over him and keep Weiss from hearing anything about a dream or metal armed guys, pointedly emphasizing to make that clear to him. She stopped against a wall before getting very far down the hallway and put a hand to the side of her head, looking distressed; or at least like she was trying to weigh out way too many things inside her mind at once.

"I, uhh..." There was a lengthy pause before she straightened up and looked back at him again, clenching her jaw sternly. "Listen... guy. You're, um, outta line. Just because you, me and the girl who lives here all teamed up in that-- that video game we were all... playing, last Satuuuuur... Sundayyyy... night..."

She flicked her eyes over to Weiss mid-word, whatever reaction she saw making her lose faith in her initial choice and switch days for whatever reason as she went on.

"...at the same time exactly all together, in... our guild... That doesn't mean it's cool to just come looking for her! Tracking someone you don't even know down in a city of thousands without them knowing is... is WEIRD AND CREEPY!"

She jabbed a finger in his direction from a distance again with a fierce glare, and her tone for the last part was far more certain. Because she actually meant it. Not for nothing that she couldn't even remember the name of the last video game she played or how long ago that was, but whatever it took to make the probably-seconds-away-from-calling-the-cops college student think this was nothing to be concerned about.

Oh god this wasn't gonna work.

@Chewy Rabbits @Schnee Corp Lawyer

"..."

"..."

The two officers looked at each other before the one near the window leaned out again. "I see. That's very kind of you young lady. If you'd just wait here a moment while we look over something, we'll let you three get on your way. Could I get your names?"

Regardless of whether the names they gave were real or fake, the two cops briefly looked away from the trio to the touchscreen console built into the cruiser's dashboard. Whatever they were looking at couldn't be seen from the angle they were currently standing, but... Bucky caught at least one glance towards himself in particular as the older cop eyes shot up slightly at the screen then turned towards the former soldier, narrowed as if he was trying to match two puzzle pieces together

@BarrenThin @Kaykay @Indolent

((Sorry I'm so slow everyone))
"Not this again," Barnes uttered nigh dramatically, sighing out towards the officers as he cocked his head, "It's that ex-army guy, whatever, right? His mug-shot kinda fits my grungy self to a t. Difficult to get around without being accosted, honestly."

A light chuckle escaped previously pursed lips, "I really should do something about my look."

@Shit-nee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @Kaykay

A search for a map of RKDC didn't provide any maps of the building, just repeated links to directions _to_ the building. Unsurprisingly the military contractor didn't just leave their blueprints on google.

As to her search for people from the flipside, one easy find was Aya Shameimaru. She was the head reporter and editor of the Double Z news site, Parrel's psuedo replacement for the newspaper. She'd been the one who did the report they'd seen on Caroline, and if you put a mask on her, gave her some bird wings and a sword, and about six months of physical training, she was a dead ringer for the spliced woman who'd been perched on top of RKDC when the other side had made their return trip there.

A quick search for the name that she'd given on the other side gave a name as well. Olivier Mira Armstrong was a highly decorated colonel in the US army, who climbed the ranks quickly during the Afghan and Iraq conflicts. Oddly enough, despite her high rank and many commendations, any sort of record of what she had done seemed nonexistant.

Were there any other names Chell searched for?​
Chell (Flipside)
@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Others?

Chell rubbed her chin, before searching up "Lucifer", of course, specifying the location to Parrel, Massachusets... In an effort to filter out the massive array of results in relation to the more widely known Lucifer, more commonly known as the devil. Though she had a feeling there might be a few bands associated with the name, or perhaps other figures, she decided she should at least start with someone she knew in her Parallel life.

It wasn't much of a lead, but perhaps even some contact information could greatly help her out in her endeavors... As her google searches have isolated a few key figures already, the next step would have to be checking in with as many others as she can. After sorting through those results, she decided it would be best to search up Ruby Rose as well, as she might just be one of the only people she knew both the first, and the last name of, from her experiences as her alternate self. It was a start, but hopefully it would be enough to get some contacts...

"A limo? Really?" She dropped her little act like it were a piece of garbage, voice returning to her normal tone. Stereotypical rich person flaunting it. Not having to drive themselves...meh. Not the biggest deal right now. "Maybe I do have another place. We do have a problem and I would prefer that more of us were around for this discussion if possible. I know I can reach Bucky at least, I took care of that with all bases covered...hopefully."

Azula might have dropped the starstudded act, but Ruby picked it right back up when she saw where they were being led

"Holy crap a limo!? That is so cool!" She cackled as she hopped in side and flopped across the seats on one side to lay down. She glanced over at the question and frowned slightly. "Well, we could go back to Azula's uncle's tea shop. A lot of us already know about there. Or we could try to find some of the others we haven't yet? We have like, months apparently, so whats the rush?" She said with a shrug as she crawled across the seats to the divider and slid the the little window open. The driver glanced back, first in deference then in confusion.

"...Hi WAIT I FORGOT!"
She suddenly declared as she shut the window again and spun around. "Lucifer's a cop over here! We know the convergence happened at the black tower, so he can just get a warrant right? Police go in, do that stuff they do on law and order, and poof, problem solved!"

@Jeremi @C.T.
hICUcaq.jpg

eXKo5PI.jpg

Maybe if you'd stop posing for photographs Eric

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

Korra hurled back loudly as soon as the automechanic got into specifics, trying her hardest to talk over him and keep Weiss from hearing anything about a dream or metal armed guys, pointedly emphasizing to make that clear to him. She stopped against a wall before getting very far down the hallway and put a hand to the side of her head, looking distressed; or at least like she was trying to weigh out way too many things inside her mind at once.

"I, uhh..." There was a lengthy pause before she straightened up and looked back at him again, clenching her jaw sternly. "Listen... guy. You're, um, outta line. Just because you, me and the girl who lives here all teamed up in that-- that video game we were all... playing, last Satuuuuur... Sundayyyy... night..."

She flicked her eyes over to Weiss mid-word, whatever reaction she saw making her lose faith in her initial choice and switch days for whatever reason as she went on.

"...at the same time exactly all together, in... our guild... That doesn't mean it's cool to just come looking for her! Tracking someone you don't even know down in a city of thousands without them knowing is... is WEIRD AND CREEPY!"

She jabbed a finger in his direction from a distance again with a fierce glare, and her tone for the last part was far more certain. Because she actually meant it. Not for nothing that she couldn't even remember the name of the last video game she played or how long ago that was, but whatever it took to make the probably-seconds-away-from-calling-the-cops college student think this was nothing to be concerned about.

Oh god this wasn't gonna work.

@Chewy Rabbits @Schnee Corp Lawyer
"A game? How exactly did you know to come here then? Both of you" Weiss suddenly cut in from the doorway. Her phone had been pulled from her purse in the interim, and she'd taken another step backwards so that she could swing the door shut quickly if needed.

@OrlandoBloomers @Chewy Rabbits

Chell (Flipside)
@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Others?

Chell rubbed her chin, before searching up "Lucifer", of course, specifying the location to Parrel, Massachusets... In an effort to filter out the massive array of results in relation to the more widely known Lucifer, more commonly known as the devil. Though she had a feeling there might be a few bands associated with the name, or perhaps other figures, she decided she should at least start with someone she knew in her Parallel life.

It wasn't much of a lead, but perhaps even some contact information could greatly help her out in her endeavors... As her google searches have isolated a few key figures already, the next step would have to be checking in with as many others as she can. After sorting through those results, she decided it would be best to search up Ruby Rose as well, as she might just be one of the only people she knew both the first, and the last name of, from her experiences as her alternate self. It was a start, but hopefully it would be enough to get some contacts...
Searching Lucifer did get Chell a whole bunch of religious sites, up to an including Parrel's own church of Satan, tiny as it was. The only relevant thing she could find was.... Lucifer's facebook page, rife with inspirational quotes and pictures of his dog. Thankfully with his contact info public

Ruby was a bit easier to find. There was an article on the Double Z about Summer Rose' project and prize win, with a small footnote near the end mentioning her daughter heading off to Vincent University. She also found Ruby's facebook too, but whatever was on hers wasn't accessible to strangers.

@york
"Jarred Ash! Why?" He was still clueless to any sort of threat.

@Kaykay @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent
Well, that worked, somehow. Figuring there was no reason to lie about something like her name, she was just a normal college student after all, Jessica just ended up giving them her name.

"Jessica Ushiromiya."

Hopefully these guys' names wouldn't pop up anything suspicious on those cop computers...

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @Indolent
"Not this again," Barnes uttered nigh dramatically, sighing out towards the officers as he cocked his head, "It's that ex-army guy, whatever, right? His mug-shot kinda fits my grungy self to a t. Difficult to get around without being accosted, honestly."

A light chuckle escaped previously pursed lips, "I really should do something about my look."

@Shit-nee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @Kaykay
"Real funny. If you're not this guy, then you got nothing to worry about for a quick trip down to the station, right?" The blonde officer snarked as he reached to open the car door and the other officer moved to turn off the cruiser's engine

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
"A game? How exactly did you know to come here then? Both of you" Weiss suddenly cut in from the doorway. Her phone had been pulled from her purse in the interim, and she'd taken another step backwards so that she could swing the door shut quickly if needed.

"Me? I was-- I go here! I used to RA the freshman dorms."

Korra shot back a little perplexedly, obviously taken aback by Weiss's crosshairs shifting to include her. She was telling the truth that time though!

Well, she was never actually the resident assistant. More like Asami was and she hung out.

"...Hi WAIT I FORGOT!"
She suddenly declared as she shut the window again and spun around. "Lucifer's a cop over here! We know the convergence happened at the black tower, so he can just get a warrant right? Police go in, do that stuff they do on law and order, and poof, problem solved!"
"That...would be ideal. But from what I recall from the other side and how hard that was...I doubt it would be that easy for us now. And even if we tried it, would the police even believe us if we told them all about what happened? You have to admit it is a hell of a story to take in. If I went back in time right now and tried to warn my slightly younger self of the mess she would find herself in the middle of...she'd probably think her future self went crazy."

Azula might have dropped the starstudded act, but Ruby picked it right back up when she saw where they were being led

"Holy crap a limo!? That is so cool!" She cackled as she hopped in side and flopped across the seats on one side to lay down. She glanced over at the question and frowned slightly. "Well, we could go back to Azula's uncle's tea shop. A lot of us already know about there. Or we could try to find some of the others we haven't yet? We have like, months apparently, so whats the rush?" She said with a shrug as she crawled across the seats to the divider and slid the the little window open. The driver glanced back, first in deference then in confusion.

"...Hi WAIT I FORGOT!"

@Jeremi @C.T.

Searching Lucifer did get Chell a whole bunch of religious sites, up to an including Parrel's own church of Satan, tiny as it was. The only relevant thing she could find was.... Lucifer's facebook page, rife with inspirational quotes and pictures of his dog. Thankfully with his contact info public

Ruby was a bit easier to find. There was an article on the Double Z about Summer Rose' project and prize win, with a small footnote near the end mentioning her daughter heading off to Vincent University. She also found Ruby's facebook too, but whatever was on hers wasn't accessible to strangers.

@york

"Real funny. If you're not this guy, then you got nothing to worry about for a quick trip down to the station, right?" The blonde officer snarked as he reached to open the car door and the other officer moved to turn off the cruiser's engine
"Finding others would be one way to go." Karnak admitted with a nod. "However, I find it hard to believe that we can get the police to believe our tale. Even if one of them is one of us."

"That...would be ideal. But from what I recall from the other side and how hard that was...I doubt it would be that easy for us now. And even if we tried it, would the police even believe us if we told them all about what happened? You have to admit it is a hell of a story to take in. If I went back in time right now and tried to warn my slightly younger self of the mess she would find herself in the middle of...she'd probably think her future self went crazy."

Karnak motioned towards Azula. "Very much so. Perhaps first gathering up all of us in one specific spot to formulate a plan would be our first venture." He pondered their options before speaking again. "This tea shop, do most of...us know where it is located?"

@york
Chell (Flipside)
@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster

Oh well, Chell could understand why Ruby's contact information was kept more... Private, since if someone like her could chance upon her facebook page, those with a more malicious intent was too. Frankly, she knew it would probably look silly to suddenly have some "Chell" in your contact list, especially if she had friends, but... She would at least remember her facebook page, and her location, for later.

She also grabbed a pen from a good supply of them found in a cup somewhere nearby, and wrote down Lucifer's contact information on a receipt, to use for later. Seeing as an internet cafe was not the most secure place to communicate, she proceeded to head back home. However, as she stepped through her apartment door once more, her stomach seemed to rumble a little, guess all that moving around had made her hungry again.

Unfortunately, after checking all her cupboards, she realized she was out of cake mix, and her last slice had sort of... Been consumed already sometime the day before. Oh well, deciding to settle with a somewhat filling frozen chimichanga, which was meant to be microwaved, she popped it right into the trusty old machine, carefully following it's instructions this time. Last time was not the most tidy job, resulting in more of a bean, meat, and cheese soup... Spilling all over the plate from the clearly ruptured roll.

This time, she would have less of a mess to deal with, hopefully.

While she waited for the microwave to do it's thing, it suddenly occurred to her that she should contact her mom. It had been a while since she had kept in touch with her, due to her attempts to make a life for herself, after that whole deal with Caroline. Her father had since passed in his line of work, a failed jump across a particularly big gap between two cranes. It was just a small miscalculation, possibly due to his old age... That had lead to his untimely end, perhaps his stubborness and tenacity could only carry him so far with his waning physical condition.

... She really did wish she had been there to stop him in time...

That was also part of the reason why she hadn't exactly contacted her mother much either... And to be frank, she wasn't sure where she had gone after the whole events with Aperture, and Caroline, but perhaps she had gotten work elsewhere?

She still had her email, which should be active... So that was a start, and she sent of a basic email, a friendly greeting, followed by a simple "how are you doing?" and "what's your life like right now?". Sure, she was mute, but hey, the plus side was that she was quite profficient with using online communication services to convey her thoughts better.

There, sent.

Now onto Lucifer, crossing her fingers, she decided to send Lucifer an email as well, since she couldn't exactly call him... Or anyone really, mute, and all.

Lucifer,

We may not know each other here, but, our other selves have met.
I've been scoping out familiar places, and have matched faces from across worlds.
If you wish to know more, please. Contact me.

- Chell

*Beep!* *Beep!* *Beep!* *Beep!*

Just as Chell sent her email, hopefully to the correct recipient, her microwave beeped a few times, signifying that the chimichanga was done. Heading over to the microwave, she decided to fetch her plate... Hopefully when she came back, there would be a response or perhaps two waiting for her.

Last edited:
Freezing up as Weiss called out to them, Eric waved a hand to try and placate her. The last thing he needed was to try and explain to Shelly why he'd been arrested while snooping out another girl's dorm room. But he also didn't want this other girl to end up in trouble either. It almost surprised Eric that he felt that way after she had practically torn his head off verbal-wise.

"My girlfriend, Shelly Webster-dunno if you've met her-, goes here as well. Usually come over every now and again to drop stuff off for her. Is that a good enough explanation...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.