Status
Not open for further replies.
Knocking someone out with one punch wasn't something that usually worked outside of the movies. Thankfully, it did knock him off balance, enough for him to stumble forward, try to scramble to stay up, and crack his head on a nearby city bench in the process.

The ensuing groaning as he laid there on the ground made it clear he was neither unconscious or dead, but he was slow enough to get up that when he finally shook the stars out of his eyes, the trio had dashed around a corner and out of site.

"... Ah man. Jules is gonna kill me"

-----------

It wasn't too far to Steve's apartment from there. Another patrol car passed but in time for Bucky to catch it and duck out of site, and fifteen minutes later they were finally at the door.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ruby ignored everyone completely ignoring her completely clear directions as she continued to creep towards the window. When she got close enough to it, she glanced over to Chell, gave a quick nod, and jumped up to peek over the top of the window.

"...AAH!"

She jumped and fired her taser at the threat on the other side in surprise, only realizing after the fact that there was a window between her and whatever it was. Through the glass, the others heard a very faint scream of surprise in response, and then finally saw what Ruby had seen in the first place. A young woman with a camera and long brown hair done up in twin tails, who stumbled to her feet and had started to run off

@Ringmaster @C.T. @york @Jeremi @OrlandoBloomers
"..." Azula resisted the very tempting urge to facepalm. "Ruby...I know you're smarter than this. Yes, that is glass on our windows, we do have that. And..." Her gaze shifted to Ruby's would be target, a young brunette chick already beginning to run off. She blinked, glanced towards Ruby, back to the fleeing girl...and in the next second Azula was out the door giving chase. Whatever it was that prompted a reaction like that from Ruby probably meant it was important.

Hopefully.

@Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @york @Jeremi @OrlandoBloomers
"Perhaps someone who wanted to be in the presence of royalty?" Karnak replied.

@Ringmaster @C.T. @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers
Chell (Flipside)
@Ringmaster @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Jeremi @OrlandoBloomers

To be perfectly honest, Chell had been half prepared to literally jump through the window, shattering it and everything if there was someone seriously dangerous on the other side.

However, seeing Ruby's little blooper with the taser, followed by someone with a camera, and long-brown pigtails yelping in suprise, then leeging it... She realized the threat was apparently alot more mundane than expected.

She raised a brow, looking towards Ruby with an inquisitive expression.

It was apparent that she was curious what about that girl that had fled had prompted such a reaction from her.​

Knocking someone out with one punch wasn't something that usually worked outside of the movies. Thankfully, it did knock him off balance, enough for him to stumble forward, try to scramble to stay up, and crack his head on a nearby city bench in the process.

The ensuing groaning as he laid there on the ground made it clear he was neither unconscious or dead, but he was slow enough to get up that when he finally shook the stars out of his eyes, the trio had dashed around a corner and out of site.

"... Ah man. Jules is gonna kill me"

-----------

It wasn't too far to Steve's apartment from there. Another patrol car passed but in time for Bucky to catch it and duck out of site, and fifteen minutes later they were finally at the door.

"...," Well, that had been a thing. Barnes was honestly expectant of everything transitioning smoothly to the bumbling rookie bumbling along. It was resolved quicker with Jessica knocking him down to allow for their quick get away. While he felt bad for the boy, it didn't show on his face. Amid their break to safety, he threw a cursory "Nice one." to Jess because it had been a clean blow and that was something to appreciate.

-----------Fifteen minutes passing on by-----------

"Still have Steve's key to the complex," the ex-soldier casually mentioned whilst fishing it out. In the midst of doing so, he threw a wary glance over to the others behind, his expression growing dark and serious.

"You'll think I'm kidding. I'm not. Watch out for the cat," Buchanan stated with utter seriousness.

The key slid in. The lock turned. The door opened... and Buck stepped on inside, his eyes flicking to the set of stairs.

"Third floor. Let's move. Keep an eye out."

@BarrenThin @Kaykay @Schnee Corp Lawyer

"..." Azula resisted the very tempting urge to facepalm. "Ruby...I know you're smarter than this. Yes, that is glass on our windows, we do have that. And..."
"Perhaps someone who wanted to be in the presence of royalty?" Karnak replied.

@Ringmaster @C.T. @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers
Chell (Flipside)
@Ringmaster @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Jeremi @OrlandoBloomers

To be perfectly honest, Chell had been half prepared to literally jump through the window, shattering it and everything if there was someone seriously dangerous on the other side.

However, seeing Ruby's little blooper with the taser, followed by someone with a camera, and long-brown pigtails yelping in suprise, then leeging it... She realized the threat was apparently alot more mundane than expected.

She raised a brow, looking towards Ruby with an inquisitive expression.

It was apparent that she was curious what about that girl that had fled had prompted such a reaction from her.​
"I-I WAS SURPRISED OK J-jeez, sorry I wasn't trained since I was like five or whatever to kill things like the other lunatic" Ruby muttered to herself as she tried to catch her breath. Meanwhile,
Her gaze shifted to Ruby's would be target, a young brunette chick already beginning to run off. She blinked, glanced towards Ruby, back to the fleeing girl...and in the next second Azula was out the door giving chase. Whatever it was that prompted a reaction like that from Ruby probably meant it was important.

Hopefully.​
The other girl turned and yelped again when she saw Azula barreling out the door and immediately whirled around with a camera in hand. "DON'T SHOOT, I'LL HAVE IT ON FILM DON'T SHOOT I WASN'T EVEN DOING ANYTHING WRONG DON'T SHOOT ASSHOLES- Oh. You don't have a gun."

She lowered the camera, sniffed, and turned to walk off

@Ringmaster @Jeremi @C.T. @york @OrlandoBloomers

Last edited:

"...," Well, that had been a thing. Barnes was honestly expectant of everything transitioning smoothly to the bumbling rookie bumbling along. It was resolved quicker with Jessica knocking him down to allow for their quick get away. While he felt bad for the boy, it didn't show on his face. Amid their break to safety, he threw a cursory "Nice one." to Jess because it had been a clean blow and that was something to appreciate.

"Still have Steve's key to the complex," the ex-soldier casually mentioned whilst fishing it out. In the midst of doing so, he threw a wary glance over to the others behind, his expression growing dark and serious.

"You'll think I'm kidding. I'm not. Watch out for the cat," Buchanan stated with utter seriousness.

The key slid in. The lock turned. The door opened... and Buck stepped on inside, his eyes flicking to the set of stairs.

Jessica couldn't get herself to appreciate the thanks, given that she'd just sucker punched some poor guy just trying to do his job. But she wasn't going to be arrested by the police for...whatever exactly it was they were being chased for. She hadn't done anything wrong, but it still turned out like this.

Oh well, nothing she could do about it now.

"The...cat...?" she responded, more than a little confused. Cats could be violent sometimes, but worth a warning? She'd have to keep it in mind at least. No promises though.

Quietly skulking after Barnes, she began to ascend the stairs, looking out for anything. She wasn't sure what to keep an eye out for but being careful couldn't hurt, right?

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @Indolent

The other girl turned and yelped again when she saw Azula barreling out the door and immediately whirled around with a camera in hand. "DON'T SHOOT, I'LL HAVE IT ON FILM DON'T SHOOT I WASN'T EVEN DOING ANYTHING WRONG DON'T SHOOT ASSHOLES- Oh. You don't have a gun."

She lowered the camera, sniffed, and turned to walk off​
"I don't...of course I don't have a gun!" Azula stammered out, a look of pure unbelief as she looked at the other. "What kind of barista would be packing heat??? A customer walks up, asks for something calm and relaxing and then bang, one between the eyes so there's no more stress? Is that--HEY WAIT UP I GOT TO ASK YOU SOMETHING!!!"

Jessica couldn't get herself to appreciate the thanks, given that she'd just sucker punched some poor guy just trying to do his job. But she wasn't going to be arrested by the police for...whatever exactly it was they were being chased for. She hadn't done anything wrong, but it still turned out like this.

Oh well, nothing she could do about it now.

"The...cat...?" she responded, more than a little confused. Cats could be violent sometimes, but worth a warning? She'd have to keep it in mind at least. No promises though.

Quietly skulking after Barnes, she began to ascend the stairs, looking out for anything. She wasn't sure what to keep an eye out for but being careful couldn't hurt, right?

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @Indolent
It was a modern, high end apartment building they found themselves in. The 'key' had been a card, and the same one could be used on the pad outside of Steve's apartment. Halfway through sliding the card however, the door suddenly clicked as the locks were undone and it opened to a familiar face checking the hallways before he shot Bucky a grin.

"Long time no see Buck. And... other people."

The second half of that second was given as Steve Rogers craned his neck to the side to see past Bucky where Jessica and Jarred were. His smile faded, but after a few seconds he rubbed the back and stepped aside to let the three in. "C'mon. No use standing around in the hallway." The door clicked shut behind them and Steve checked the locks again, before he turned to lean on the wall and raise an eyebrow at Bucky.

"So... I take it you saw Sam. I'm assuming the answer's no, but just in case those cops weren't after you for anything legitimate, right?"

@Indolent @Kaykay @BarrenThin
"I don't...of course I don't have a gun!" Azula stammered out, a look of pure unbelief as she looked at the other. "What kind of barista would be packing heat??? A customer walks up, asks for something calm and relaxing and then bang, one between the eyes so there's no more stress? Is that--HEY WAIT UP I GOT TO ASK YOU SOMETHING!!!"
"Well too bad!" The young woman yelled back as she whirled on her heel and poked Azula right below the neck. "I'm the reporter here, and I'm the one who asks questions! What are you all doing with Lord Karnak in this little rinky dink tea shop, and why did the shorter one of you pull a gun on me when she saw me... lawfully reporting?"

@C.T. @Jeremi @york @Ringmaster

It was a modern, high end apartment building they found themselves in. The 'key' had been a card, and the same one could be used on the pad outside of Steve's apartment. Halfway through sliding the card however, the door suddenly clicked as the locks were undone and it opened to a familiar face checking the hallways before he shot Bucky a grin.

The second half of that second was given as Steve Rogers craned his neck to the side to see past Bucky where Jessica and Jarred were. His smile faded, but after a few seconds he rubbed the back and stepped aside to let the three in. "C'mon. No use standing around in the hallway." The door clicked shut behind them and Steve checked the locks again, before he turned to lean on the wall and raise an eyebrow at Bucky.

"So... I take it you saw Sam. I'm assuming the answer's no, but just in case those cops weren't after you for anything legitimate, right?"

"Well too bad!" The young woman yelled back as she whirled on her heel and poked Azula right below the neck. "I'm the reporter here, and I'm the one who asks questions! What are you all doing with Lord Karnak in this little rinky dink tea shop, and why did the shorter one of you pull a gun on me when she saw me... lawfully reporting?"

"I am here to drink tea because it came highly recommended to me." Karnak responded. "I merely asked these girls to sit with me for my stay in this establishment." Looking at the young woman Karnak would smile. "I don't see anything wrong here."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @york @Ringmaster @C.T.

"..................................Yes ma'am." She replied, meekly rubbing at her neck where she had been poked. Whereas other Azula might very well have set this reporter on fire for touching her and taking that tone of voice, this one was okay with letting her ask the question for now. "Beyond what he just said, I don't have an answer for the first. As for the second, that's what I'm came to ask about. What could have prompted such a strong reaction? Should I know you?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Jeremi @Ringmaster @york

"I-I WAS SURPRISED OK J-jeez, sorry I wasn't trained since I was like five or whatever to kill things like the other lunatic" Ruby muttered to herself as she tried to catch her breath. Meanwhile,

She lowered the camera, sniffed, and turned to walk off

@Ringmaster @Jeremi @C.T. @york @OrlandoBloomers

"I am here to drink tea because it came highly recommended to me." Karnak responded. "I merely asked these girls to sit with me for my stay in this establishment." Looking at the young woman Karnak would smile. "I don't see anything wrong here."

"..................................Yes ma'am." She replied, meekly rubbing at her neck where she had been poked. Whereas other Azula might very well have set this reporter on fire for touching her and taking that tone of voice, this one was okay with letting her ask the question for now. "Beyond what he just said, I don't have an answer for the first. As for the second, that's what I'm came to ask about. What could have prompted such a strong reaction? Should I know you?"

Chell (Flipside)
@Jeremi @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster @C.T. @Others?

Well, this was going to be a game of charades, at least for Chell, but at least she had a few ideas. At some point as she was hanging out in the room, she had gotten a cup of coffee, so she quickly held that up, pointing to it in response to the journalist's first question. It seemed that she was trying to convey she had just been here for a drink, and maybe some chitchat, though that could only be inferred.

In response to the journalist's second question, she just frowned and shrugged, clearly not sure about why Ruby had freaked out... But she did have her guard up because of this; Ruby had reason to believe they had a threat on their hands, which made her wonder if there was someone that looked alot like this journalist out there, someone who was not so mundane.​

"Oh really" The woman said as she flipped her camera onto Karnak instead. "Is that your official statement!?" she asked with conviction with her face half hidden by the device.

The woman scoffed without taking her camera off of Karnak "I'm not surprised your crazy friend panicked, I am a well known reporter. Why I bet-"

"I don't have any clue who you are!" Ruby shouted as she finally poked her head out of the tea shop to the street where this impromptu shouting match/interview was happening. "You, you just surprised me!" she said as she rubbed her arm and looked to the side. "So... my bad."

"...You don't recognize me at all?"

"....Nnooope"

"Don't, don't you use the Double Z like everyone else in this stupid city?!" The woman continued, lowering her camera for a moment.

"Oh, yea, all the time" Ruby said with a nod and a grin. "Fastest news in Parrel!"

"So then you'll at least recognize the name of Hatate Himekaidou, right?" Miss Hatate(?) continued with a smug grin "Investigative reporter and-"

"-Nope." Ruby interrupted with a frown and a shake of her head

"..." Hatate deflated, her shoulders drooped and one hand rubbing her forehead in exasperation. "Not even a little bit?"

"...sorry?"

There wasn't a response for a few seconds. Finally the reporter growled and brought her camera back up towards the group. "The brat's ignorance aside (hey!) that still doesn't mean this isn't a really weird meeting. And an armed one at that!"

@C.T. @Jeremi @york @Ringmaster @OrlandoBloomers

There wasn't a response for a few seconds. Finally the reporter growled and brought her camera back up towards the group. "The brat's ignorance aside (hey!) that still doesn't mean this isn't a really weird meeting. And an armed one at that!"
"I've experienced weirder lately." Azula replied casually and just as casually moved on. "I can't say the name is familiar either, but investigative reporter, huh? Are you investigating anything else?"

"Oh really" The woman said as she flipped her camera onto Karnak instead. "Is that your official statement!?" she asked with conviction with her face half hidden by the device.

The woman scoffed without taking her camera off of Karnak "I'm not surprised your crazy friend panicked, I am a well known reporter. Why I bet-"

"I don't have any clue who you are!" Ruby shouted as she finally poked her head out of the tea shop to the street where this impromptu shouting match/interview was happening. "You, you just surprised me!" she said as she rubbed her arm and looked to the side. "So... my bad."

"....Nnooope"

"Don't, don't you use the Double Z like everyone else in this stupid city?!" The woman continued, lowering her camera for a moment.

"Oh, yea, all the time" Ruby said with a nod and a grin. "Fastest news in Parrel!"

"So then you'll at least recognize the name of Hatate Himekaidou, right?" Miss Hatate(?) continued with a smug grin "Investigative reporter and-"

"..." Hatate deflated, her shoulders drooped and one hand rubbing her forehead in exasperation. "Not even a little bit?"

"...sorry?"

The glare Karnak would give the girl would have made even the seasoned reporter crack. "Yes."

@york @Ringmaster @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer

"... Same, Steve," Buchanan uttered after a second's delay, shooting a brief visible smile Rogers's way before he nodded towards the others as he made his way inside. No arguments there, they couldn't afford to be seen out in the open. Much anyway.

"I did. He got me out of a tight spot. Though we had to deal with a rookie who was left behind-- Jessica did decent work. I'll lodge a formal apology with his precinct when this is all over."

Moving past that with urgent alacrity, he immediately asked his best friend, "Do you recall anything strange, Steve? Say, maybe, something like dreams?"

Then, out of the corner of his eye, he flickered to an innocuous part of Rogers's apartment, remembering where he'd hidden his AR, though he maintained his focus on Stephen.

Then he realized he failed to introduce his companions to him, shaking his head with a derisive chuckle-- aimed towards himself, of course-- before he nodded repeatedly. With a click of his tongue, he indicated each separately, "Jessica and Jarred, they're friends. In a way. This man here is my best friend-- in fact, was my superior officer. Steve Rogers."

Then he glanced back, expectant of a reply to his query earlier.

@Kaykay @BarrenThin @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Last edited:

"....Nnooope"

"...sorry?"

"I've experienced weirder lately." Azula replied casually and just as casually moved on. "I can't say the name is familiar either, but investigative reporter, huh? Are you investigating anything else?"
Chell (Flipside)
@C.T. @Jeremi @Schnee Corp Lawyer@Ringmaster @OrlandoBloomers

Chell raised a brow, welp, she looked clueless too... Maybe the Double Z didn't like to promote their journalists, which seemed a little weird, but... Frankly, there has definitely been weirder things happening around Parrel before.

In either case, as the reporter raised her camera, Chell wasn't quite sure what to do... Though, unless that camera was some secret weapon or something, she figured it would be mostly harmless, so... As she couldn't exactly verbally protest, she decided to strike a quick pose, it was the least she could do, really.​

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
Status
Not open for further replies.