Status
Not open for further replies.
Weiss seemed genuinely shocked as they both gave up and walked way. "H-hey! You, you can't just, get back here! You never answered, I... I'll call security and tell them that... that you... did... SOMETHING!" She shrilled down the hall before. "AT LEAST TELL ME WHAT STUPID GAME YOU WERE SUPPOSEDLY PLAYING!" she said as she leaned out the door

@OrlandoBloomers @Chewy Rabbits @Dorms

"I, uh, but, the warrant, uh.... Jules? Which one takes prio-"

The older cop in the driver's seat suddenly started up the engine, slammed the door shut, and took off the other car with a screech of tires and the scream of sirens. "COME BACK HERE MOTHERF****R"

"..."

iCY8LAb.jpg

The cop stared for a second where his partner's cruiser had been a few seconds ago, before he looked up at the other three and gulped.

"Right. New plan. We're just going to.... sit here until he comes back. Yep. Thaaaats the plan."

@BarrenThin @Kaykay @Indolent @arrest in progress​

She beamed at Uncle's greeting before she glanced over towards Karnak at the question. "Thats Karnak, he's a friend! And also royalty! And he might be ev.... even. I think his age is even." Ruby finished with a straight face before she squeezed by for the doors herself

"Lucifer, tell these guys that you can get a warrant to search RKDC! You can do that righ- Oh hey its Shameimaru." She said with a blink as Lucifer shared his stuff. At one particular suggestion, she frowned and scratched the side of her chin while she slid into the seat across from him.

"Why don't we just ask her? She's a reporter, not a secret agent, and this is stuff she's already reported on right?"

@Ringmaster @C.T. @Jeremi @york @Teashop​

Karnak gave Lucifer a friendly nod as he stepped into the shop. "You have a nice place." He replied to uncle. "If it's not too much to ask, could I get a cup of tea? It would be a honor to sample your wears."

@Ringmaster @C.T. Schnee Corp Lawyer @york @Teashop

*Sip*

A riddle wrapped within an enigma, locked up in a Chinese Puzzle Box and tied with a gordian knot.

That was the current problem they had to face, but even then at least they knew some things. One, the idea the company in question might have done so in a joint project- A theory more confirmed by the presence of the three women he was looking at online. Save of course for the reporter, which he frowned and tapped his fingers at as he stared at her features. Alright...The beam switched personas nigh-immediately, differing between those who were closest. It explained the presence of two out of three bodily at the building. The reporter must have been following a lead. The businesswoman, on work. Which left the last one....

The military woman. Was this meant for military applications? How so? Teleporting soldiers? It sounded almost like something out of science fiction. Nigh-impossible to believe till he had seen it himself. Even then, there was always an attempt to rationalize.

No. He knew this to be true. So he had to approach it as though it was, which meant...What?

What to do with the information now?

He needed more tea.

Between his worry for Belle now that he knew more about what was going on and the overall stress, this was going to take a toll on his sleeping patterns.

He glanced up as the door opened, waving absently to the others as he went back to work.

@york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Jeremi @C.T.
She beamed at Uncle's greeting before she glanced over towards Karnak at the question. "Thats Karnak, he's a friend! And also royalty! And he might be ev.... even. I think his age is even." Ruby finished with a straight face before she squeezed by for the doors herself

"Lucifer, tell these guys that you can get a warrant to search RKDC! You can do that righ- Oh hey its Shameimaru." She said with a blink as Lucifer shared his stuff. At one particular suggestion, she frowned and scratched the side of her chin while she slid into the seat across from him.

"Why don't we just ask her? She's a reporter, not a secret agent, and this is stuff she's already reported on right?"

@Ringmaster @C.T. @Jeremi @york @Teashop​
"Too many sky pieces for the puzzle for one." Officer Tepes sighed out and rubbed his forehead before angling the laptop to reveal his current notes.

"Still, we got a fair bit of luck on our side. Chell managed to find out the identities of those people on the other side. This one-."

He tapped the picture of Aya.

"-This one I'm almost certain she was following a lead before the event. So I'm trying to find out more about her online. Maybe we can steal her files and compare with what we know. Finally...I have an inside source, checking out one of the companies. Hopefully, she'll be alright though I won't find out till later. All in all...Small progress, like sharpening our beaks on a mountain but we're grinding it down slowly."

He looked curiously at Karnak before back to Azula as he added.

"How do you feel?"

@C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Jeremi @york
Karnak gave Lucifer a friendly nod as he stepped into the shop. "You have a nice place." He replied to uncle. "If it's not too much to ask, could I get a cup of tea? It would be a honor to sample your wears."

@Ringmaster @C.T. Schnee Corp Lawyer @york @Teashop
Chell (Flipside)
@Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Jeremi @C.T.

Chell still didn't recieve an email from her mother, even after a while of waiting after emailing Lucifer. However, after finishing her chimichanga, she felt a bit worn out. Perhaps she just needed some more caffeine in her system? Sighing a little, she decided to pay a familiar teashop a little visit.

However, upon entry, she was pretty surprised to discover that a few other familiar faces are there. Though she wasn't sure how many would notice her yet, she decided to wave a little nonetheless, as she couldn't exactly speak in this reality. Unfortunately, here, she wasn't just one of few words... She quite literally could not speak, even if she wanted to.

Hopefully it wouldn't seem weird to start texting people in the same room, that is if things ever came to that.

"I, uh, but, the warrant, uh.... Jules? Which one takes prio-"

The older cop in the driver's seat suddenly started up the engine, slammed the door shut, and took off the other car with a screech of tires and the scream of sirens. "COME BACK HERE MOTHERF****R"

"..."

iCY8LAb.jpg

The cop stared for a second where his partner's cruiser had been a few seconds ago, before he looked up at the other three and gulped.

"Right. New plan. We're just going to.... sit here until he comes back. Yep. Thaaaats the plan."

@BarrenThin @Kaykay @Indolent @arrest in progress​
"..."

Former Sergeant Barnable James Buchanan just pointedly stared at the young officer as he made clear his naivety, banking on the off chance he'd lose his cool.

Time to play up the image of the dangerous soldier on the lam.

"Not that I don't mind killing time but we've got places to be, officer. Unless you want to come along?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Kaykay @BarrenThin

"How do you feel?"
"Overwhelmed." She answered wearily before shrugging. "Nothing new. Anyway, at least we got that stuff."

She beamed at Uncle's greeting before she glanced over towards Karnak at the question. "Thats Karnak, he's a friend! And also royalty! And he might be ev.... even. I think his age is even." Ruby finished with a straight face before she squeezed by for the doors herself​
"Royalty, in my humble shop? Splendid! A pleasure to meet you, Mister Karnak. The compliment is very appreciated, and of course you may! What kind of tea shop would this be if we didn't serve tea? I'll be right back."

"Probable cause, Ruby. Probable cause." That was all she said on the topic of warrants, moving right along. "Well...I don't see any harm in at least trying to ask."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster @Jeremi @york

Reactions: C.T.
"Probably cuz of what?"
"Probable cause, Ruby. It means we'll need something more solid than the word of various people describing that our super-powered selfs in the future are trying to prevent the end of the worlds. That and there will also be a great deal of paperwork involved, as people will ask questions and I don't want that...."

He frowned as his voice trailed off before he spoke.

"Because I think they have eyes among the police force as well. Forewarning is not something I'm inclined to do. That said, the reporter might be more amiable...Until she hears we killed her. That said, if you feel you can convince her, by all means. I'm just personally wary, more so with my other source investigating."

Not to mention the others yet missing.

Where were they?

"..."

Former Sergeant Barnable James Buchanan just pointedly stared at the young officer as he made clear his naivety, banking on the off chance he'd lose his cool.

Time to play up the image of the dangerous soldier on the lam.

"Not that I don't mind killing time but we've got places to be, officer. Unless you want to come along?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Kaykay @BarrenThin
"..."

The officer looked Bucky in the eyes, then down at his gun, then back up at Bucky, then down at his gun.
"....Whaaaat if I said... please don't do that?"

Brave enough to do his job, not brave enough so far to actually pull his gun on the supposed hardened killer.

@Indolent @Kaykay @BarrenThin

"Because I think they have eyes among the police force as well. Forewarning is not something I'm inclined to do. That said, the reporter might be more amiable...Until she hears we killed her. That said, if you feel you can convince her, by all means. I'm just personally wary, more so with my other source investigating."

"I think she'd find us claiming we killed her a lil unlikely considering she's, you know. Not dead." Ruby said with a flat grin. "And I think you might be overestimating these guys. Remember, the outsider said they blew up reality on accident. Heck, I wonder if whatever shady stuff the Viper girl is doing with that conscription list is even related to whatever exploded down in that lab?" She wondered as she plopped a seat across from Lucif-

She yelped and whirled towards the window. Where there was... nothing.

"...Did anyone else see that?!"

@Ringmaster @C.T. @york @Whoever else is in the cafe its been a minute

"..."

The officer looked Bucky in the eyes, then down at his gun, then back up at Bucky, then down at his gun.

Brave enough to do his job, not brave enough so far to actually pull his gun on the supposed hardened killer.

"I'd say nah, sorry," the soldier replied, his tone just as even as it had prior, "Not going to touch you, kid, and you're not going to do anything to us."

That was when he glanced to the others, "We need to get gone."

With that, he turned off and stalked down the way for Steve's apartment a ways off, an air of overwhelming certainty to the ex-soldier. : |

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @Kaykay

"I think she'd find us claiming we killed her a lil unlikely considering she's, you know. Not dead." Ruby said with a flat grin. "And I think you might be overestimating these guys. Remember, the outsider said they blew up reality on accident. Heck, I wonder if whatever shady stuff the Viper girl is doing with that conscription list is even related to whatever exploded down in that lab?"
He was just being cautious...Overall, he'd rather be cautious then dead. And moreover now in this world, he had more of a reason to be careful as he thought about-.

"See what?!"

More than a little tense he spun in his seat, hand flying towards the service pistol he....Wasn't wearing because he was on leave. He relaxed and peered out.

"What did you see?"

@C.T. @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Jeremi

"..."

"I think she'd find us claiming we killed her a lil unlikely considering she's, you know. Not dead." Ruby said with a flat grin. "And I think you might be overestimating these guys. Remember, the outsider said they blew up reality on accident. Heck, I wonder if whatever shady stuff the Viper girl is doing with that conscription list is even related to whatever exploded down in that lab?" She wondered as she plopped a seat across from Lucif-

He was just being cautious...Overall, he'd rather be cautious then dead. And moreover now in this world, he had more of a reason to be careful as he thought about-.

"See what?!"

More than a little tense he spun in his seat, hand flying towards the service pistol he....Wasn't wearing because he was on leave. He relaxed and peered out.

"What did you see?"
"..." She sharply turned as well, trying to follow Ruby's gaze exactly. And...well, she couldn't really see anything worth noticing. "Yeah. what he asked. What'd you see?"

"I'd say nah, sorry," the soldier replied, his tone just as even as it had prior, "Not going to touch you, kid, and you're not going to do anything to us."

With that, he turned off and stalked down the way for Steve's apartment a ways off, an air of overwhelming certainty to the ex-soldier. : |

"...ooooook I really can'tletyoudothat!" The officer in question yelled as he reached for his radio and started to jog for Bucky from behind.

@Indolent @BarrenThin @Kaykay

"See what?!"

"What did you see?"

"..." She sharply turned as well, trying to follow Ruby's gaze exactly. And...well, she couldn't really see anything worth noticing. "Yeah. what he asked. What'd you see?"
Ruby didn't answer. Verbally anyways. She put a finger to her lips, then pointed to the window she'd glanced at when she yelped. She smacked her fist into her palm, circled her hands like she was winding a rope, walked her fingers across her palm, and made what sorta looked like a naruto handsign. She gave a firm nod and reached into her purse for the taser she'd bought yesterday, and slowly started to creep towards the window.

@Ringmaster @C.T. @york @Jeremi @thats who else was here lol​

Ruby didn't answer. Verbally anyways. She put a finger to her lips, then pointed to the window she glanced at. She smacked her fist into her palm, circled her hands like she was winding a rope, walked her fingers across her palm, and made what sorta looked like a naruto handsign. She gave a firm nod and reached into her purse for the taser she'd bought yesterday, and slowly started to creep towards the window.

@Ringmaster @C.T. @york @Jeremi @thats who else was here lol
old-man-mcgucket-gravity-falls-6.12.jpg

"I didn't understan' a lick o'dat!"

There was a pause. Lucifer looked quizzically at the old man who drooped after a bit.

"....Can I join? Ah'm so lonely." :(

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @york @Jeremi

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers

"...ooooook I really can'tletyoudothat!" The officer in question yelled as he reached for his radio and started to jog for Bucky from behind.

As the officer began to run after Bucky, Jessica finally broke out of the almost trance-like state she'd been in since they suddenly got in trouble with the police. She knew that following your dreams could be weird, and that these people were a little on the weird side, but she never expected it to go this bad!

"Sorry officer."

Taking the chance while she was behind him having not run yet, she planted her fist into the back of his head in an attempt to incapacitate him. With an apologetic bow, she ran after Bucky to wherever it was they were going.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @Indolent

• Love
Reactions: Ringmaster

"Overwhelmed." She answered wearily before shrugging. "Nothing new. Anyway, at least we got that stuff."

"Royalty, in my humble shop? Splendid! A pleasure to meet you, Mister Karnak. The compliment is very appreciated, and of course you may! What kind of tea shop would this be if we didn't serve tea? I'll be right back."

"Probable cause, Ruby. Probable cause." That was all she said on the topic of warrants, moving right along. "Well...I don't see any harm in at least trying to ask."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster @Jeremi @york
"Probably cuz of what?"
"Probable cause, Ruby. It means we'll need something more solid than the word of various people describing that our super-powered selfs in the future are trying to prevent the end of the worlds. That and there will also be a great deal of paperwork involved, as people will ask questions and I don't want that...."

Not to mention the others yet missing.

Where were they?

@Ringmaster @C.T. @york @Whoever else is in the cafe its been a minute

"See what?!"

"What did you see?"

Ruby didn't answer. Verbally anyways. She put a finger to her lips, then pointed to the window she'd glanced at when she yelped. She smacked her fist into her palm, circled her hands like she was winding a rope, walked her fingers across her palm, and made what sorta looked like a naruto handsign. She gave a firm nod and reached into her purse for the taser she'd bought yesterday, and slowly started to creep towards the window.

old-man-mcgucket-gravity-falls-6.12.jpg

"I didn't understan' a lick o'dat!"

There was a pause. Lucifer looked quizzically at the old man who drooped after a bit.

"....Can I join? Ah'm so lonely." :(

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @york @Jeremi
Chell (Flipside)
@Ringmaster @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Jeremi @Others?

Chell listened closely to the conversation going on, though she could not actively participate, she was still able to deduce what the others have learned in their own investigations. She pulled out her phone, and was about to email Lucifer something, in an attempt to share her thoughts with the rest of the group (well, without the convoluted sign language and stuff). However, she quickly froze when Ruby mentioned seeing something.

Knowing sign language helped Chell quickly understand what she needed to do, with a small motion towards the others in the room, she quickly looked at the old man who had just joined, and pressed a finger to her lips, just as Ruby did.

Looks like even she understood that it was a time to be quiet. Laying low for the moment, she moved quickly, but carefully, following Ruby's lead. She also tried to keep an ear out for any distinct sounds that may indicate what exactly Ruby had them do this whole thing for.

Last edited:

Karnak looked stone faced on at Ruby's antics, not seemingly reacting one way or another to what was going on.

@Ringmaster @C.T. @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer

• Useful
Reactions: C.T.

@Ringmaster @C.T. @york @Jeremi @thats who else was here lol
xetK6ec.png

"What're you doing?"

Korra asked bluntly, coming in through the front door with a bag slung over one shoulder and looking tired. Presumably tired enough that she walked straight past whatever it was Ruby had seen skulking around outside. :|

@Ringmaster @C.T. @york @Jeremi @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Chewy Rabbits if eric came with​

• Thank You
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
Ruby didn't answer. Verbally anyways. She put a finger to her lips, then pointed to the window she'd glanced at when she yelped. She smacked her fist into her palm, circled her hands like she was winding a rope, walked her fingers across her palm, and made what sorta looked like a naruto handsign. She gave a firm nod and reached into her purse for the taser she'd bought yesterday, and slowly started to creep towards the window.​
"..." Alright, there was next to no reason for Azula bothering to try and decipher whatever any of that meant. A bunch of random hand motions, that was all they were as far as she was concerned. However...pulling out the taser sure didn't mean friendly whatever it was Ruby saw. Azula glanced sideways and discreetly reached out--
xetK6ec.png

"What're you doing?"

Korra asked bluntly, coming in through the front door with a bag slung over one shoulder and looking tired. Presumably tired enough that she walked straight past whatever it was Ruby had seen skulking around outside. :|​
She gave a quick look over as their front door bell rang out, signifying a new arrival. Just a look held long enough to recognize her before Azula averted her eyes and looked downwards toward the floor instead. "Good question."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster @york @OrlandoBloomers @Jeremi

As the officer began to run after Bucky, Jessica finally broke out of the almost trance-like state she'd been in since they suddenly got in trouble with the police. She knew that following your dreams could be weird, and that these people were a little on the weird side, but she never expected it to go this bad!

"Sorry officer."

Taking the chance while she was behind him having not run yet, she planted her fist into the back of his head in an attempt to incapacitate him. With an apologetic bow, she ran after Bucky to wherever it was they were going.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @Indolent
Knocking someone out with one punch wasn't something that usually worked outside of the movies. Thankfully, it did knock him off balance, enough for him to stumble forward, try to scramble to stay up, and crack his head on a nearby city bench in the process.

The ensuing groaning as he laid there on the ground made it clear he was neither unconscious or dead, but he was slow enough to get up that when he finally shook the stars out of his eyes, the trio had dashed around a corner and out of site.

"... Ah man. Jules is gonna kill me"

-----------

It wasn't too far to Steve's apartment from there. Another patrol car passed but in time for Bucky to catch it and duck out of site, and fifteen minutes later they were finally at the door.

-----------------------------------------------------

Chell (Flipside)
@Ringmaster @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Jeremi @Others?

Chell listened closely to the conversation going on, though she could not actively participate, she was still able to deduce what the others have learned in their own investigations. She pulled out her phone, and was about to email Lucifer something, in an attempt to share her thoughts with the rest of the group (well, without the convoluted sign language and stuff). However, she quickly froze when Ruby mentioned seeing something.

Knowing sign language helped Chell quickly understand what she needed to do, with a small motion towards the others in the room, she quickly looked at the old man who had just joined, and pressed a finger to her lips, just as Ruby did.

Looks like even she understood that it was a time to be quiet. Laying low for the moment, she moved quickly, but carefully, following Ruby's lead. She also tried to keep an ear out for any distinct sounds that may indicate what exactly Ruby had them do this whole thing for.
xetK6ec.png

"What're you doing?"

Korra asked bluntly, coming in through the front door with a bag slung over one shoulder and looking tired. Presumably tired enough that she walked straight past whatever it was Ruby had seen skulking around outside. :|

@Ringmaster @C.T. @york @Jeremi @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Chewy Rabbits if eric came with​
"..." Alright, there was next to no reason for Azula bothering to try and decipher whatever any of that meant. A bunch of random hand motions, that was all they were as far as she was concerned. However...pulling out the taser sure didn't mean friendly whatever it was Ruby saw. Azula glanced sideways and discreetly reached out--

She gave a quick look over as their front door bell rang out, signifying a new arrival. Just a look held long enough to recognize her before Azula averted her eyes and looked downwards toward the floor instead. "Good question."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster @york @OrlandoBloomers @Jeremi
Karnak looked stone faced on at Ruby's antics, not seemingly reacting one way or another to what was going on.

@Ringmaster @C.T. @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Ruby ignored everyone completely ignoring her completely clear directions as she continued to creep towards the window. When she got close enough to it, she glanced over to Chell, gave a quick nod, and jumped up to peek over the top of the window.

"...AAH!"

She jumped and fired her taser at the threat on the other side in surprise, only realizing after the fact that there was a window between her and whatever it was. Through the glass, the others heard a very faint scream of surprise in response, and then finally saw what Ruby had seen in the first place. A young woman with a camera and long brown hair done up in twin tails, who stumbled to her feet and had started to run off

@Ringmaster @C.T. @york @Jeremi @OrlandoBloomers

Ruby ignored everyone completely ignoring her completely clear directions as she continued to creep towards the window. When she got close enough to it, she glanced over to Chell, gave a quick nod, and jumped up to peek over the top of the window.

"...AAH!"

She jumped and fired her taser at the threat on the other side in surprise, only realizing after the fact that there was a window between her and whatever it was. Through the glass, the others heard a very faint scream of surprise in response, and then finally saw what Ruby had seen in the first place. A young woman with a camera and long brown hair done up in twin tails, who stumbled to her feet and had started to run off​
"..." Azula resisted the very tempting urge to facepalm. "Ruby...I know you're smarter than this. Yes, that is glass on our windows, we do have that. And..." Her gaze shifted to Ruby's would be target, a young brunette chick already beginning to run off. She blinked, glanced towards Ruby, back to the fleeing girl...and in the next second Azula was out the door giving chase. Whatever it was that prompted a reaction like that from Ruby probably meant it was important.

Hopefully.

@Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @york @Jeremi @OrlandoBloomers

Knocking someone out with one punch wasn't something that usually worked outside of the movies. Thankfully, it did knock him off balance, enough for him to stumble forward, try to scramble to stay up, and crack his head on a nearby city bench in the process.

The ensuing groaning as he laid there on the ground made it clear he was neither unconscious or dead, but he was slow enough to get up that when he finally shook the stars out of his eyes, the trio had dashed around a corner and out of site.

"... Ah man. Jules is gonna kill me"

-----------

It wasn't too far to Steve's apartment from there. Another patrol car passed but in time for Bucky to catch it and duck out of site, and fifteen minutes later they were finally at the door.

-----------------------------------------------------

"...AAH!"

She jumped and fired her taser at the threat on the other side in surprise, only realizing after the fact that there was a window between her and whatever it was. Through the glass, the others heard a very faint scream of surprise in response, and then finally saw what Ruby had seen in the first place. A young woman with a camera and long brown hair done up in twin tails, who stumbled to her feet and had started to run off

@Ringmaster @C.T. @york @Jeremi @OrlandoBloomers

"Perhaps someone who wanted to be in the presence of royalty?" Karnak replied.

@Ringmaster @C.T. @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers

Status
Not open for further replies.