• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucifer got a wide eyed stare in response as she slooowly sipped the coffee she'd gotten with her dessert, long enough to down it all at once. That last part had settled it. If her aggravatingly, adorably, resolutely, shyly abstinate super catholic boyfriend was going to say that, then... either he was completely telling the truth, or he really had lost it.

She just had to decide which one .-.

She cleared her throat and rubbed the back of her neck, and finally spoke as she made her decision.

"Ok then. What do you want me to do?"

She decided to help.

Aaaaaand call a therapist once she left. Because why make one decision when you could make both?
"We need access to NESScorp, but in a way that doesn't compromise you."

He said swiftly, back to feeling better for having his ally and friend with him on this. Her effect would be felt in both worlds and there was a thrill of victory already.

He quelled it. It wouldn't do to count chickens before they hatched.

"Also....I'll need you meet the others too. If anything happens to me in between, you can trust them on my life."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Chell (Flipside)
@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Whoever wants to join Chell I guess

After having her fill of breakfast, consisting of a simple sandwich, and the usual cup of coffee, Chell decided to set off towards the RKDC building, deciding to see about snooping around the general area without getting caught, and naturally... She parkoured her way across town, jumping across rooftops, various umbrellas, canopies, and occasionally a street lamp or something if she needed to. Many years of experience taught her how to be swift and quiet, like she was trying her best to be right now... This would be a valuable skill to have in her excursion through the RKDC property, that is presuming she was able to get in... It would be difficult to do, considering just how big the company was, but it was a challenge she was wiling to try and overcome, after all, this place might hold the key to her... Other parallel self, and their strange mental connection.

Curiosity killed the cat, as they say... But with any luck, Chell would make it out of this alive, at the very least.​

Reactions: Schnee Corp Lawyer
Ruby shrugged "Hey, I don't have to deal with her. Uh, though just so you know- I mean, not you, the other you that's you know.... not you, I, I mean, the me that isn't me... the girl with the really big scythe is really sorry for the hitting with the really big scythe. Yea."

"...aaanyway, we can check, but he might just be here to do business with the knights or nesses. Do you wanna try to find him first or Korra?" Ruby asked, subtly hoping one of those two would update and that Azula would choose that one

@C.T. @Jeremi @OrlandoBloomers
"Even still, I do feel guilty for it. Her priorities should be set straight. They're not...but they could be. Hmm." She lost herself in deep thought for a few moments before snapping back to attention. "No apology needed for that. Something worse might very well have gone down if not for it, so don't sweat it. And I dunno. Part of me says Korra if at least to apologize to her as well, but then another part thinks that might not go over great considering the memories and that I haven't even met this other side version myself. So I guess the other guy? Why am I even choosing anyway, this should be your decision...unless you want to put me in charge." Her smirk made it clear she wouldn't mind that in the least.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"Even still, I do feel guilty for it. Her priorities should be set straight. They're not...but they could be. Hmm." She lost herself in deep thought for a few moments before snapping back to attention. "No apology needed for that. Something worse might very well have gone down if not for it, so don't sweat it. And I dunno. Part of me says Korra if at least to apologize to her as well, but then another part thinks that might not go over great considering the memories and that I haven't even met this other side version myself. So I guess the other guy? Why am I even choosing anyway, this should be your decision...unless you want to put me in charge." Her smirk made it clear she wouldn't mind that in the least.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"Whoa, just because the other me thinks she's cool stuff and is the best person to be in charge of this mess doesn't mean I do." Ruby said as she waved her hands in front of her. "And... uh... wellllll, maaaaybe we go find the prince first then. Korra sounds nice over here but I think a royal would be more help with the whole 'investigate a corporation thing-' Wait. We have a cop on our side right? Can't he just like, get a search warrant? Oh my gosh, maybe we can just stop the whole kablooey tonight!" she finished excitedly as she bounded to her feet.

"Right, Find royal guy, get lucifer, and win!"

"So how do we get to the hotel :T"

@C.T.

-----------------------

"We need access to NESScorp, but in a way that doesn't compromise you."

He said swiftly, back to feeling better for having his ally and friend with him on this. Her effect would be felt in both worlds and there was a thrill of victory already.

He quelled it. It wouldn't do to count chickens before they hatched.

"Also....I'll need you meet the others too. If anything happens to me in between, you can trust them on my life."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
She frowned and scratched the side of her head. "Um. What do you mean by access? Like, do you just need a work computer, or..."

-----------------------------

Chell (Flipside)
@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Whoever wants to join Chell I guess

After having her fill of breakfast, consisting of a simple sandwich, and the usual cup of coffee, Chell decided to set off towards the RKDC building, deciding to see about snooping around the general area without getting caught, and naturally... She parkoured her way across town, jumping across rooftops, various umbrellas, canopies, and occasionally a street lamp or something if she needed to. Many years of experience taught her how to be swift and quiet, like she was trying her best to be right now... This would be a valuable skill to have in her excursion through the RKDC property, that is presuming she was able to get in... It would be difficult to do, considering just how big the company was, but it was a challenge she was wiling to try and overcome, after all, this place might hold the key to her... Other parallel self, and their strange mental connection.

Curiosity killed the cat, as they say... But with any luck, Chell would make it out of this alive, at the very least.​
Just like in the future, the RKDC headquarters was in the middle of its own plaza, separate from the other buildings. It was an imposing structure even without the apocalyptic tear and fractures that had come from it being the center of the convergence. the locals had nicknamed it 'The Black Spire', and its long, sharp design as it pierced up into the clouds loomed high over the other buildings that surrounded it.

It also meant that the tinted windows and distance from other roofs meant Chell wasn't going to do much else other than observe who came and went through the front doors from this side.

@york

--------------------
With a big, friendly grin, Milo waved at the pair. He was either oblivious to the fact that he wasn't asked, or was simply ignoring it. "Hiya! Nah, nothing's wrong. She'd never hurt us!" Where the Unkindled One was unhinged and violent at the drop of a hat, Jarred almost seemed naive, with his wide, puppy-dog eyes and uncorrupted smile. "If anything, we're better off with her around! People are less likely to beat you up when you're in a group, you know." Jarred nodded, his tone matter-of-fact.

@Indolent @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Kaykay
295595.jpg

@BarrenThin @Kaykay @Indolent

Just like in the future, the RKDC headquarters was in the middle of its own plaza, separate from the other buildings. It was an imposing structure even without the apocalyptic tear and fractures that had come from it being the center of the convergence. the locals had nicknamed it 'The Black Spire', and its long, sharp design as it pierced up into the clouds loomed high over the other buildings that surrounded it.

It also meant that the tinted windows and distance from other roofs meant Chell wasn't going to do much else other than observe who came and went through the front doors from this side.

@york
Chell
@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Hmm, even from this distance, Chell decided to try and keep an eye out for any familiar faces of those that entered the building. It was a start, at leasta, but she knew she had to get up closer to it... Somehow, every now and then, when she got the opportunity, she tried to glance around briefly to try and locate a good pathway further into the RKDC territory, but naturally, she quickly turned back to the building entrance every now and then, to make sure she didn't miss anyone coming in or out.

At times, she almost expected Caroline to just pop out of the building for one reason or another, but well... Maybe it was just an irrational fear of hers, right? Even if this particular company did have it's habbits of well, swooping up and taking previously abandoned property from recently cancelled, or otherwise shut down projects and other companies... They wouldn't hire a known criminal like Caroline, right? And well, to begin with, she had apparantly been the victim of a plane crash, which would have to make her wonder if she had somehow... Survived to work in a place like this? The possibility was very very slim, but well, she had very little to work with as is.

She frowned and scratched the side of her head. "Um. What do you mean by access? Like, do you just need a work computer, or..."

"Whatever you can do. So long as we have a direct line into the company mainframe-Wait."

He frowned and thought very carefully before finally speaking.

"...I'd rather discuss this with everyone. Show you everyone I'm working with as well as get more of an idea of what we need. So."

He flashed a nervous smile.

"...Um, you wouldn't happen to have plans after this, would you?"

@stupid internet​

Lucifer got a wide eyed stare in response as she slooowly sipped the coffee she'd gotten with her dessert, long enough to down it all at once. That last part had settled it. If her aggravatingly, adorably, resolutely, shyly abstinate super catholic boyfriend was going to say that, then... either he was completely telling the truth, or he really had lost it.

She cleared her throat and rubbed the back of her neck, and finally spoke as she made her decision.

She decided to help.

Aaaaaand call a therapist once she left. Because why make one decision when you could make both?

The trio of terror left the park. One homeless man, one homeless man with mental issues.... and a college student.

Really, it shouldn't have been much of a surprise when a cop car pulled up along side them a few minutes after they left the park. The passenger side window rolled down, and a young officer with messy blonde hair leaned out slightly. Bucky's keen eyes were quick to note that the man's hand was on the door's handle, ready to open it, and the man's older partner with dark skin and a surprisingly prodigious afro was casually resting his hand near his holster.

"Ma'am, is everything ok?"

@Indolent @Kaykay @BarrenThin

sorry for the update delay everyone I fell into the black hole that is xcom
With a big, friendly grin, Milo waved at the pair. He was either oblivious to the fact that he wasn't asked, or was simply ignoring it. "Hiya! Nah, nothing's wrong. She'd never hurt us!" Where the Unkindled One was unhinged and violent at the drop of a hat, Jarred almost seemed naive, with his wide, puppy-dog eyes and uncorrupted smile. "If anything, we're better off with her around! People are less likely to beat you up when you're in a group, you know." Jarred nodded, his tone matter-of-fact.

"Whoa, just because the other me thinks she's cool stuff and is the best person to be in charge of this mess doesn't mean I do." Ruby said as she waved her hands in front of her. "And... uh... wellllll, maaaaybe we go find the prince first then. Korra sounds nice over here but I think a royal would be more help with the whole 'investigate a corporation thing-' Wait. We have a cop on our side right? Can't he just like, get a search warrant? Oh my gosh, maybe we can just stop the whole kablooey tonight!" she finished excitedly as she bounded to her feet.

"Right, Find royal guy, get lucifer, and win!"

"So how do we get to the hotel :T"

@C.T.

-----------------------

@york

--------------------

Naturaly, Barnable went rigid when the cops pulled up alongside them. More so when he took note of the younger cop's preemptive inclination and the older's general whereabouts of one hand by his service firearm. He frowned visibly, glancing upward and over to the officers as he made eye contact with both before turning his attention to Jarred who evidently had the inclination to speak up in reply to the young officer's inquiry.

There was an overwhelming desire to facepalm on the spot.

"Officers...," and in an instant, Barnable's exterior shifted with his features breaking into a smile, a light chuckle escaping his lips as he turned on a false personality. The kind he rarely used, the sort utilized in mingling with others of import as to elicit something of value. This was the face he adorned when he went shopping for the occasional luxuries, like his beloved plums.

"I think I know how this looks. S'not what you think it is, she's helping us along to a soup kitchen. Truly, one of the city's veritable philanthropists of her time and goodwill. Bobby--" Barnes regarded Jarred immediately, facial expression quirking briefly as to inundate the idea in the man, "--and I ain't had a decent, warm meal in a long while you know? Really, she's a godsend sent our way to guide the ignorant to water. In a way."

In the end, the former soldier steepled his fingers into one another and gesticulated a bow of a sort, exuding outwardly a sense of religious overtones and genuine gratefulness.

Jesus, he hoped his acting was up to snuff. It was flimsy as it was.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @Kaykay

She decided to help.

The trio of terror left the park. One homeless man, one homeless man with mental issues.... and a college student.

Really, it shouldn't have been much of a surprise when a cop car pulled up along side them a few minutes after they left the park. The passenger side window rolled down, and a young officer with messy blonde hair leaned out slightly. Bucky's keen eyes were quick to note that the man's hand was on the door's handle, ready to open it, and the man's older partner with dark skin and a surprisingly prodigious afro was casually resting his hand near his holster.

"Ma'am, is everything ok?"

@Indolent @Kaykay @BarrenThin

sorry for the update delay everyone I fell into the black hole that is xcom
Jessica was actually quite surprised when the cops pulled up. What had she done? Did she forget to pay at a restaurant? Forget a speeding ticket? Were they jaywalking? Were-

Oh. They were wondering if she was okay? Heh, why would there be a need for tha-​

Naturaly, Barnable went rigid when the cops pulled up alongside them. More so when he took note of the younger cop's preemptive inclination and the older's general whereabouts of one hand by his service firearm. He frowned visibly, glancing upward and over to the officers as he made eye contact with both before turning his attention to Jarred who evidently had the inclination to speak up in reply to the young officer's inquiry.

"Officers...," and in an instant, Barnable's exterior shifted with his features breaking into a smile, a light chuckle escaping his lips as he turned on a false personality. The kind he rarely used, the sort utilized in mingling with others of import as to elicit something of value. This was the face he adorned when he went shopping for the occasional luxuries, like his beloved plums.

"I think I know how this looks. S'not what you think it is, she's helping us along to a soup kitchen. Truly, one of the city's veritable philanthropists of her time and goodwill. Bobby--" Barnes regarded Jarred immediately, facial expression quirking briefly as to inundate the idea in the man, "--and I ain't had a decent, warm meal in a long while you know? Really, she's a godsend sent our way to guide the ignorant to water. In a way."

In the end, the former soldier steepled his fingers into one another and gesticulated a bow of a sort, exuding outwardly a sense of religious overtones and genuine gratefulness.

Right, her unfortunate choice in company. Apparently one of them wasn't aware that he was not actually a ma'am, and the other pointed out, to her at least, just how strange the trio must have looked. What kind of teenage girl willingly hung out with two guys who looked like they were probably homeless?

This one, apparently. Why was this her life?

Regardless of their questionable appearances, though, they were safe to be around...probably. At least, she had memories that told her so, for some reason. With that reliable evidence, she decided to play along with Barnes's act.

"Uh, yeah! They just looked so...poor, and uh, hungry, you know? Men gotta eat! I mean, girls do too, but, you know..."

A nervous chuckle escaped her as she tried to make things up. If that wasn't convincing, nothing was!

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @Indolent

Jessica was actually quite surprised when the cops pulled up. What had she done? Did she forget to pay at a restaurant? Forget a speeding ticket? Were they jaywalking? Were-

Oh. They were wondering if she was okay? Heh, why would there be a need for tha-​

Right, her unfortunate choice in company. Apparently one of them wasn't aware that he was not actually a ma'am, and the other pointed out, to her at least, just how strange the trio must have looked. What kind of teenage girl willingly hung out with two guys who looked like they were probably homeless?

Regardless of their questionable appearances, though, they were safe to be around...probably. At least, she had memories that told her so, for some reason. With that reliable evidence, she decided to play along with Barnes's act.

"Uh, yeah! They just looked so...poor, and uh, hungry, you know? Men gotta eat! I mean, girls do too, but, you know..."

A nervous chuckle escaped her as she tried to make things up. If that wasn't convincing, nothing was!

Jerrod shot them a confused look. "I mean, we could always go to Dr. Harriet's house if you guys are hungry..." He was, of course, speaking of his favorite therapist.

@Kaykay @Indolent @Schned Corp Lawyer​

Chell
@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Hmm, even from this distance, Chell decided to try and keep an eye out for any familiar faces of those that entered the building. It was a start, at leasta, but she knew she had to get up closer to it... Somehow, every now and then, when she got the opportunity, she tried to glance around briefly to try and locate a good pathway further into the RKDC territory, but naturally, she quickly turned back to the building entrance every now and then, to make sure she didn't miss anyone coming in or out.

At times, she almost expected Caroline to just pop out of the building for one reason or another, but well... Maybe it was just an irrational fear of hers, right? Even if this particular company did have it's habbits of well, swooping up and taking previously abandoned property from recently cancelled, or otherwise shut down projects and other companies... They wouldn't hire a known criminal like Caroline, right? And well, to begin with, she had apparantly been the victim of a plane crash, which would have to make her wonder if she had somehow... Survived to work in a place like this? The possibility was very very slim, but well, she had very little to work with as is.
Another path in didn't seem to be forthcoming, at least from any sort of view that could bee seen from the main plaza.

Well, unless she had a helicopter. One landed on the rooftop of RKDC while Chell was watching, though whoever was aboard wasn't visible from the much lower roof Chell was on, and either through ego or design there weren't any roofs near RKDC that were even close to the height of the headquarters.

As for familiar faces however, one did show up. A woman with long, bright red hair done up in a long braid, dressed to the nines in a business suit and talking with someone over the phone as she strode across the plaza towards the building. She looked remarkably similar to her flipside counterpart, if dressed a bit more sensibly and not scattered in bloody pieces across an office Though arguing seemed a more appropriate word than talking, to the point that Chell caught a few words echoing across the rooftop as the woman quite literally screamed into her phone

"I DON'T.... WHO'S THERE......... INVESTOR..........FIFTEEN!"

"...Hijack a bus?"
"...Sure!"

They just took the bus like regular people though : |

------------------------

Parrel was a city that had been bathed in the prosperity of its home grown corporation and its competitor for a few decades at this point, and there were few places that exemplefied this more than the Parrel Hilton Hotel. A high rise in the highlights district, its lobby was dominated by a pair of ornate, intricate fountains that the Hilton company had commissioned from both RKDC and NESScorp when ground broke on the hotel. It had turned into a competition of sorts, and both matched their company colors. One was white marble with blue dyed water to match NESScorp's logo, and the other was faux obsidian with its water dyed a deep red to do the same with RKDC's. Both were a dizzying display of engineering and art with swirls of waterfalls and jets of liquid performing for the eyes of visitors. The rest of the lobby was relatively minimalist, with faint gold accents surrounding dark greys. A single tiled walkway went between the two fountains to the lobby desk, and it was here that Azula and Ruby found themselves after Ruby finished gawking at the fountains and finally got herself up to the desk. She cleared her throat and put her elbow on the desktop and shot a winning grin towards the receptionist on duty that only looked mostly forced.

"Hiiii, uh.... Alfred" She said after a sideways glance at his nametag. "We're here to see the prince."

Alfred raised his eyebrow. He was an older man, with salt and pepper hair that was balding, but even underneath his well trimmed suit it was clear that was far from a frail toothpick despite his age.

"I see. And who might you two young ladies be?"

"Oh... you know... friends. Of his. From... whatever country he's from."

"...I see" he repeated. His arm moved slightly, and a faint click could be heard under the desk

"Just a moment if you would."

@Jeremi @C.T. @Me
"Whatever you can do. So long as we have a direct line into the company mainframe-Wait."

He frowned and thought very carefully before finally speaking.

"...I'd rather discuss this with everyone. Show you everyone I'm working with as well as get more of an idea of what we need. So."

He flashed a nervous smile.

"...Um, you wouldn't happen to have plans after this, would you?"

@stupid internet​
".... IIII suppose that would depend on how soon you need access." She said as she rubbed her arm with an uncomfortable frown. "If you really need me to do this, the weekend's probably the only time I could do it, while the majority of my department's off."

@Ringmaster

Jerrod shot them a confused look. "I mean, we could always go to Dr. Harriet's house if you guys are hungry..." He was, of course, speaking of his favorite therapist.

@Kaykay @Indolent @Schned Corp Lawyer​
"..."

"..."

The two officers looked at each other before the one near the window leaned out again. "I see. That's very kind of you young lady. If you'd just wait here a moment while we look over something, we'll let you three get on your way. Could I get your names?"

Regardless of whether the names they gave were real or fake, the two cops briefly looked away from the trio to the touchscreen console built into the cruiser's dashboard. Whatever they were looking at couldn't be seen from the angle they were currently standing, but... Bucky caught at least one glance towards himself in particular as the older cop eyes shot up slightly at the screen then turned towards the former soldier, narrowed as if he was trying to match two puzzle pieces together

((Sorry I'm so slow everyone))

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: C.T.
Another path in didn't seem to be forthcoming, at least from any sort of view that could bee seen from the main plaza.

Well, unless she had a helicopter. One landed on the rooftop of RKDC while Chell was watching, though whoever was aboard wasn't visible from the much lower roof Chell was on, and either through ego or design there weren't any roofs near RKDC that were even close to the height of the headquarters.

As for familiar faces however, one did show up. A woman with long, bright red hair done up in a long braid, dressed to the nines in a business suit and talking with someone over the phone as she strode across the plaza towards the building. Though arguing seemed a more appropriate word than talking, to the point that Chell caught a few words echoing across the rooftop as the woman quite literally screamed into her phone

"...Sure!"

------------------------

Parrel was a city that had been bathed in the prosperity of its home grown corporation and its competitor for a few decades at this point, and there were few places that exemplefied this more than the Parrel Hilton Hotel. A high rise in the highlights district, its lobby was dominated by a pair of ornate, intricate fountains that the Hilton company had commissioned from both RKDC and NESScorp when ground broke on the hotel. It had turned into a competition of sorts, and both matched their company colors. One was white marble with blue dyed water to match NESScorp's logo, and the other was faux obsidian with its water dyed a deep red to do the same with RKDC's. Both were a dizzying display of engineering and art with swirls of waterfalls and jets of liquid performing for the eyes of visitors. The rest of the lobby was relatively minimalist, with faint gold accents surrounding dark greys. A single tiled walkway went between the two fountains to the lobby desk, and it was here that Azula and Ruby found themselves after Ruby finished gawking at the fountains and finally got herself up to the desk. She cleared her throat and put her elbow on the desktop and shot a winning grin towards the receptionist on duty that only looked mostly forced.

"Hiiii, uh.... Alfred" She said after a sideways glance at his nametag. "We're here to see the prince."

Alfred raised his eyebrow. He was an older man, with salt and pepper hair that was balding, but even underneath his well trimmed suit it was clear that was far from a frail toothpick despite his age.

"...I see" he repeated. His arm moved slightly, and a faint click could be heard under the desk

@Jeremi @C.T. @Me

".... IIII suppose that would depend on how soon you need access." She said as she rubbed her arm with an uncomfortable frown. "If you really need me to do this, the weekend's probably the only time I could do it, while the majority of my department's off."

@Ringmaster

"..."

"..."

The two officers looked at each other before the one near the window leaned out again. "I see. That's very kind of you young lady. If you'd just wait here a moment while we look over something, we'll let you three get on your way. Could I get your names?"

Regardless of whether the names they gave were real or fake, the two cops briefly looked away from the trio to the touchscreen console built into the cruiser's dashboard. Whatever they were looking at couldn't be seen from the angle they were currently standing, but... Bucky caught at least one glance towards himself in particular as the older cop eyes shot up slightly at the screen then turned towards the former soldier, narrowed as if he was trying to match two puzzle pieces together

"Jarred Ash! Why?" He was still clueless to any sort of threat.

@Kaykay @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent

"..."

"..."

Well, that worked, somehow. Figuring there was no reason to lie about something like her name, she was just a normal college student after all, Jessica just ended up giving them her name.

"Jessica Ushiromiya."

Hopefully these guys' names wouldn't pop up anything suspicious on those cop computers...

As for familiar faces however, one did show up. A woman with long, bright red hair done up in a long braid, dressed to the nines in a business suit and talking with someone over the phone as she strode across the plaza towards the building. She looked remarkably similar to her flipside counterpart, if dressed a bit more sensibly and not scattered in bloody pieces across an office Though arguing seemed a more appropriate word than talking, to the point that Chell caught a few words echoing across the rooftop as the woman quite literally screamed into her phone

"...Sure!"

------------------------

@Jeremi @C.T. @Me

@Ringmaster

"..."

"..."

"That wont be necessary." Prince Karnak would suddenly be among them with a friendly smile on his face.

"Your majesty...these children said that you kn-"

Karnak raised his hand to quickly hush up the receptionist. "These two lovely ladies came up to me yesterday as I was out and asked me for an autograph. Sadly I did not have a pen on me so I asked them to come to my hotel the next day, i.e. this particular day. Obviously they were a bit shy to ask you straight away, because they assumed you would think they were lying." The friendly smile vanished into a glare towards the receptions causing the poor man to slump over in defeat.

Then Karnak turned towards Azula and Ruby. "Now what were your names again so I can scribe my autograph on this piece of paper in my hand?"

@C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer

@Ringmaster
"That should do fine." Lucifer said with a sigh of relief. Things seemed to be looking their way nicely. A moment later, he smiled shyly.

"Well...I'm currently on leave now. If you have nothing planned, we could make it a date day and then later tonight, I could introduce you to the others?" If the world was going to end, he knew who he'd want to spend that time with.

That and this is page 69, so anything goes.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"Just a moment if you would."​
Her attention, like Ruby moments ago, was still mostly focused on the fountains...if perhaps for different reasons. They were majestically built to be sure. Made to draw the eye, the colors contrasting well. Like that card game almost...a white dragon with blue eyes and a black dragon with red eyes. Not that she knew anything about that stuff, of course. Yeah. Still, as nice as it was to look at...she just wondered if this was the sort of thing the other her took for granted.

Fancy fountains and decor, that has to be like dime a dozen for rich and noble royalty types. No wonder for the superiority complex then. She imagined she could have built more than a few humble tea shops for the same cost as these two fountains. Azula slowly turned away just as Alfred asked for a moment-
"That wont be necessary." Prince Karnak would suddenly be among them with a friendly smile on his face.

Karnak raised his hand to quickly hush up the receptionist. "These two lovely ladies came up to me yesterday as I was out and asked me for an autograph. Sadly I did not have a pen on me so I asked them to come to my hotel the next day, i.e. this particular day. Obviously they were a bit shy to ask you straight away, because they assumed you would think they were lying." The friendly smile vanished into a glare towards the receptions causing the poor man to slump over in defeat.

Then Karnak turned towards Azula and Ruby. "Now what were your names again so I can scribe my autograph on this piece of paper in my hand?"
"...Well that was fast--" She blinked, raising an eyebrow. That's the story he immediately cooks up? Go figure. Talk about royals and being full of themselves. She directed some dark thoughts at her other self, but accepted it and let a smile emerge as she practically bounced up. Couldn't be any harder than the acting for Weiss's benefit, to give some credence to the story.

"Oh yeah!!! Could you make it out to Azula Akari, that's A-Z-U-L-A A-K-A-R-I, feel free to dot the i with like, I dunno, something cool? I dunno, like what is really cool to the royalty types? Like...is it like...golden diamonds or something? And yeah I'm sorry Alfie, I can call you that right? I didn't want you to think I was lying. Because that's for curmudg...curmudgeo...MEAN people. Yeah. But yeah like I said, to that name. And like, biggest fan too."

bWaR0tv.jpg

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Jeremi

Chell (Flipside)
@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Chell observed that woman carefully, Ms. viper... Though it was a little difficult to reconstruct a recognizeable face from the er, pieces on the floor of her office her other self had explored, she could definitely match her features. Hmm... Perhaps there were more constants here than she had first thought; a good thing, since it might make things a little easier. It was difficult to catch what she was yelling, but perhaps she was having some... Investor troubles? If only she could have caught a little more than the number 15, but it was a start.

However, it was kind of obvious it would be quite difficult to enter the building and nose around for documents, and other usefull information, but perhaps she could work with what she had. Looks like Viper was pretty worked up about something, probably some company business, but she had to wonder if she was supposed to meet 15 minutes after a certain hour, or at a location involving the number 15, possibly in the building. Ugh, if only she had schematics... For the time being, she decided to head back home, as she figured it was time to do a little more googling.

First and foremost, she tried to dig around to see if she could find even a map of the RKDC building laying around the internet... Just incase it had any use to her, and proceeded to attempt to find any information about those who her parallel self had interacted with. Perhaps getting into contact with others might be able to help her figure out more about the RKDC company, and how they might have tied into whatever had happened in the flipside.​

@C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer
Her attention, like Ruby moments ago, was still mostly focused on the fountains...if perhaps for different reasons. They were majestically built to be sure. Made to draw the eye, the colors contrasting well. Like that card game almost...a white dragon with blue eyes and a black dragon with red eyes. Not that she knew anything about that stuff, of course. Yeah. Still, as nice as it was to look at...she just wondered if this was the sort of thing the other her took for granted.

Fancy fountains and decor, that has to be like dime a dozen for rich and noble royalty types. No wonder for the superiority complex then. She imagined she could have built more than a few humble tea shops for the same cost as these two fountains. Azula slowly turned away just as Alfred asked for a moment-

"...Well that was fast--" She blinked, raising an eyebrow. That's the story he immediately cooks up? Go figure. Talk about royals and being full of themselves. She directed some dark thoughts at her other self, but accepted it and let a smile emerge as she practically bounced up. Couldn't be any harder than the acting for Weiss's benefit, to give some credence to the story.

"Oh yeah!!! Could you make it out to Azula Akari, that's A-Z-U-L-A A-K-A-R-I, feel free to dot the i with like, I dunno, something cool? I dunno, like what is really cool to the royalty types? Like...is it like...golden diamonds or something? And yeah I'm sorry Alfie, I can call you that right? I didn't want you to think I was lying. Because that's for curmudg...curmudgeo...MEAN people. Yeah. But yeah like I said, to that name. And like, biggest fan too."

bWaR0tv.jpg

Ruby blinked as Karnak's voice interrupted their staredown with the receptionist. When Karnak gave his explanation, her eyes widened in understanding, and then widened a little farther when Azula did... whatever she did.

"...Yea! Thats... thats what happened, so you can take your stuffy attitude and stuff it." She said towards Alfred, who very briefly broke out of his apologetic look and tone towards the prince to send an absolutely withering british glare towards the young Rose. Ruby just stuck her tongue out at him and shifted over closer to the prince and whispered under her breath So Mr 'oh I'm so cool with my bald held and pencil stache' couldn't hear.

"So... does this mean you already believe the whole crazy 'we're connected to another reality and you specifically are connected to some priest guy who seems a bit evil-'" Wait.

"I mean... seems... a bit... grumpy?"

It clicked for Ruby that while there were very obviously some differences between her and the other Ruby, she had to admit there were a lot of similarities too. The other Ruby had been a bit leery of that Karnak with all his talk of godhood and destiny and whatsit. Maybe opening up with the guy who was probably crazy rich and might also be all ego and spookiness underneath the initially friendly prince thing wasn't the safest bet.

Too bad she thought of that about five seconds too late .-.
"That should do fine." Lucifer said with a sigh of relief. Things seemed to be looking their way nicely. A moment later, he smiled shyly.

"Well...I'm currently on leave now. If you have nothing planned, we could make it a date day and then later tonight, I could introduce you to the others?" If the world was going to end, he knew who he'd want to spend that time with.

That and this is page 69, so anything goes.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
She tinged slightly at the smile but it was accompanied by a flat look as she held up her phone so Lucifer could see the date. "Its Sunday honey. Thats what I meant, if you need me to do this soon then I gotta do it like, now."

----------------------

The cops were taking a really long time with whatever they were doing as Bucky stared blankly and didn't yet react : |

@Indolent @BarrenThin @Kaykay @the winter slowdier

Chell (Flipside)
@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Chell observed that woman carefully, Ms. viper... Though it was a little difficult to reconstruct a recognizeable face from the er, pieces on the floor of her office her other self had explored, she could definitely match her features. Hmm... Perhaps there were more constants here than she had first thought; a good thing, since it might make things a little easier. It was difficult to catch what she was yelling, but perhaps she was having some... Investor troubles? If only she could have caught a little more than the number 15, but it was a start.

However, it was kind of obvious it would be quite difficult to enter the building and nose around for documents, and other usefull information, but perhaps she could work with what she had. Looks like Viper was pretty worked up about something, probably some company business, but she had to wonder if she was supposed to meet 15 minutes after a certain hour, or at a location involving the number 15, possibly in the building. Ugh, if only she had schematics... For the time being, she decided to head back home, as she figured it was time to do a little more googling.

First and foremost, she tried to dig around to see if she could find even a map of the RKDC building laying around the internet... Just incase it had any use to her, and proceeded to attempt to find any information about those who her parallel self had interacted with. Perhaps getting into contact with others might be able to help her figure out more about the RKDC company, and how they might have tied into whatever had happened in the flipside​

A search for a map of RKDC didn't provide any maps of the building, just repeated links to directions _to_ the building. Unsurprisingly the military contractor didn't just leave their blueprints on google.

As to her search for people from the flipside, one easy find was Aya Shameimaru. She was the head reporter and editor of the Double Z news site, Parrel's psuedo replacement for the newspaper. She'd been the one who did the report they'd seen on Caroline, and if you put a mask on her, gave her some bird wings and a sword, and about six months of physical training, she was a dead ringer for the spliced woman who'd been perched on top of RKDC when the other side had made their return trip there.

A quick search for the name that she'd given on the other side gave a name as well. Olivier Mira Armstrong was a highly decorated colonel in the US army, who climbed the ranks quickly during the Afghan and Iraq conflicts. Oddly enough, despite her high rank and many commendations, any sort of record of what she had done seemed nonexistant.

Were there any other names Chell searched for?

bWaR0tv.jpg

He flashed Azula a wicked grin while still speaking with a jovial tone. "I see I see...well back in my country that is quite a weird custom to have so I apologize you will only get a regular dot. If it makes you feel better it's a royally refined way."

Ruby blinked as Karnak's voice interrupted their staredown with the receptionist. When Karnak gave his explanation, her eyes widened in understanding, and then widened a little farther when Azula did... whatever she did.

"...Yea! Thats... thats what happened, so you can take your stuffy attitude and stuff it." She said towards Alfred, who very briefly broke out of his apologetic look and tone towards the prince to send an absolutely withering british glare towards the young Rose. Ruby just stuck her tongue out at him and shifted over closer to the prince and whispered under her breath So Mr 'oh I'm so cool with my bald held and pencil stache' couldn't hear.

"So... does this mean you already believe the whole crazy 'we're connected to another reality and you specifically are connected to some priest guy who seems a bit evil-'" Wait.

"I mean... seems... a bit... grumpy?"

It clicked for Ruby that while there were very obviously some differences between her and the other Ruby, she had to admit there were a lot of similarities too. The other Ruby had been a bit leery of that Karnak with all his talk of godhood and destiny and whatsit. Maybe opening up with the guy who was probably crazy rich and might also be all ego and spookiness underneath the initially friendly prince thing wasn't the safest bet.

Too bad she thought of that about five seconds too late .-.

She tinged slightly at the smile but it was accompanied by a flat look as she held up her phone so Lucifer could see the date. "Its Sunday honey. Thats what I meant, if you need me to do this soon then I gotta do it like, now."

----------------------

The cops were taking a really long time with whatever they were doing as Bucky stared blankly and didn't yet react : |

@Indolent @BarrenThin @Kaykay @the winter slowdier

A search for a map of RKDC didn't provide any maps of the building, just repeated links to directions _to_ the building. Unsurprisingly the military contractor didn't just leave their blueprints on google.

As to her search for people from the flipside, one easy find was Aya Shameimaru. She was the head reporter and editor of the Double Z news site, Parrel's psuedo replacement for the newspaper. She'd been the one who did the report they'd seen on Caroline, and if you put a mask on her, gave her some bird wings and a sword, and about six months of physical training, she was a dead ringer for the spliced woman who'd been perched on top of RKDC when the other side had made their return trip there.

A quick search for the name that she'd given on the other side gave a name as well. Olivier Mira Armstrong was a highly decorated colonel in the US army, who climbed the ranks quickly during the Afghan and Iraq conflicts. Oddly enough, despite her high rank and many commendations, any sort of record of what she had done seemed nonexistant.

Were there any other names Chell searched for?
"A man devoted to a cause does not always imply evil intent." He replied giving Ruby a slight glare. "And your words do not ring hollow to me...it came to me in a dream. Perhaps we can discuss this somewhere away from prying eyes and ears?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer C.T.

He flashed Azula a wicked grin while still speaking with a jovial tone. "I see I see...well back in my country that is quite a weird custom to have so I apologize you will only get a regular dot. If it makes you feel better it's a royally refined way."

"A man devoted to a cause does not always imply evil intent." He replied giving Ruby a slight glare. "And your words do not ring hollow to me...it came to me in a dream. Perhaps we can discuss this somewhere away from prying eyes and ears?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer C.T.
"That's fine with me. Both of those things, actually. Sounds good all around." She added, dropping the chipper voice. "A private, more secluded area." She scanned left and right briefly, staying on alert just in case, as well as a quick check of her phone to see if there were any messages. There weren't, which she took as a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.