Parahumans: The PRB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mwahaha, I am victorious!

*ahem*

Seriously, I am really looking forward to this. But for now, we play the waiting game.

Know what? The Waiting Game sucks. I'm going to play Snakes & Ladders.

Name:
Christopher Watson, the Second -- prefers to be called Watson.

Appearance:
~General appearance.~
15169.jpg

~At the Trainers' Graduation Ceremony.~
300x300.jpg

Personality:
Reserved-- outside of the training grounds, that's the only word capable of describing Christopher. He's not shy, nor timid: he chooses to be silent. Failing to find real motivation that justifies speaking out loud, he always end up nailing down his thoughts to the same question: "Why should I?". Refusing most types of social interaction makes the other trainers and mostly his students, believe that he's rude, antagonistic for no apparent reason.
Dedicated-- Seeing him outside the training grounds is really rare, making some people speculate that his life centers entirely around training, and nothing more-- and well, that's one of the few thing about Christopher that's actually legitimately undeniable. He's been training his powers ceaselessly, every single day, since he got them, aiming to improve to beyond what some labeled as humanly possible. Even the most focused trainers don't come close to his level of dedication. If you do end up finding him outside the training grounds, he'll probably be reading-- one of his preferred activities. Little tip: Recommend him a book he doesn't already know, and he'll probably respect you a bit more.
Values respect-- speaking of respect, Christopher is hugely reliable on it: The more you respect him, the more he'll respect you back. He does not expect respect from people, nor believes his respect is really worth anything, simultaneously, he does not worry too much about addressing respect to those he does not value worth of it. "Honor", is a commonly used word in his vocabulary.
Additionally, he hates when people even threaten to touch his eye patch-- some saying he's even capable of becoming violent because of it. Same goes to when he's asked to talk about his past.

Backstory:
Christopher's backstory is overall, a mystery-- causing a lot of speculation from people, specially around the training grounds. What's known of him is: Christopher's parents died when he was around nine-- the police fails to figure out what happened to this very day. It is said to have been a freaky, really weird murder case-- specially when you consider Christopher came from a absurdly rich family-- a family of visionaries, to the maximum of extends. The murdered escaped without leaving the smallest of samples behind, the most accurate representation of a perfect crime. It is said that after the incident, his grandfather started taking care of him-- he died a few years after, however-- of old age. Then, Christopher was emancipated, he inherited the mansion, living in it for around six years-- all by himself, spending most of his time reading, and playing on his grandfather's piano, some said he even did a few concerts around London a few years back, that's not confirmed, though. It sounded like a boring, relaxed, worry-free life-- until around his 18th birthday.
In the sixth year living alone, the same year rumors say he gained his powers, the little information existent under his name simply disappears-- he stopped existing. The few people who know the rest of his story are either dead, or wondering around the world, knowing the consequences of talking about it. Christopher himself hasn't shared any information about his life, never, all these assumptions are uncovered through ."How he became trainer?", "How did he even join the bureau?", "Why did he join the bureau?", all a mystery.

Why would the PRB hire you?
Not specified -- Already a trainer.

Dislikes: Social interaction, talking about himself;

Observations:
For those wondering: I'm a former player of the previous installment of this RP-- to which the GM, @The_J, allowed keeping his previous character. The whole mystery surrounding it is entirely justifiable, something I suggested to J, and he approved.
And well, I'm still quite a newbie at roleplay, so yeah-- patience is advised. o/

Date: January, 20th.

For those of you wondering what is going on, much of the OOC thread of the original Parahumans was emoted in JonTron clips.

Reactions: ThomazM
For those of you wondering what is going on, much of the OOC thread of the original Parahumans was emoted in JonTron clips.
I wonder what monster started that... *whistles*

Last edited by a moderator:
You just passed the true signup. Welcome onboard :P
This is a surprise.

I was just

giphy.gif

parroting.

You have no idea how difficult it was to put this post together.

EDIT: Aaaaand we need to stop this right now

Name: Lincoln Lee

Picture:
485141-shinjurou.jpg

Age (minimum 18): 31

Personality: Lincoln is a reserved "nice guy" whose thick black glasses and neatly side parted hair underscore his mundane sense of style. While he's a capable agent, he exhibits undertones of lack of confidences in himself with respect to relationships, and feelings of inadequacy socially and professionally. Eventually, if Lincoln is spoken to after a long relationship, say a friendship, he would open up, letting out more of his friendly side, more from his professional side, which is usually timid an intelligent. When trust is gained, he even sends gifts along the persons way, say soup. Albeit this, he retains to be professional even if a friendship is formed. Lincoln is a big suck up when it comes to an officer giving him an order, respecting the decision albeit sometimes with resistance if it is a wrong decision.

Backstory:
Lee is an FBI agent from Hartford, Connecticut.

As a child, he lived in Teaneck, New Jersey until the death of his mother, after which his father moved the family to Philadelphia. There, his father started a business named Lee's Hardware, while Lee attended Hamilton High School there. In his senior year, he mostly neglected school in order to work at his father's store, eventually graduating high school with a graduating GPA of 3.85. Up until at least that part of his life, did things change.

He eventually joined the FBI, performing regular jobs as a field agent before being transferred as a special agent, learning about the parahumans before being sent to England as a liaison with the FBI's actions to protect others against rogue parahumans, thus leading Lincoln to join the PRB and increasing relations between the FBI and PRB. Lincoln started off fresh, albeit representing the FBI, he is officially signing up a part of the PRB, obediently following most orders, while still being a silent person.

Why would the PRB hire you?
Lincoln is a special agent of the FBI that usually dealt with helping the BAU in bizzare cases that involved the FBI to intervene. Lincoln signed up since the FBI had wanted him as a liaison for the PRB. He also joined in order to help the PRB in most of the cases that he did aswell or for regular assistance.

Likes / dislikes (minimum 2 each):
- Doing the right thing
- Keeping others safe
- Cheesecake
- Teasing and getting teased, as he is a real sucker.
Dislikes
- Bad dudes and gals
- Performing actions that usually go against his job
- Trying to tell a female that he likes her, this being spoken in his personality.

Anything extra: (I only have an IRL picture of him, can't find one adequate enough to match him) Carries a Glock 21 on his belt

Edit: edits have been made. I would really love to be part of this rp x3

Date: January 20th, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
You may have missed something. Plus some grammar / vocab mistakes, and inordnung isn't an English word :P
My rusty german knowledge can't translate it either :P
Stands for "in order" In German

Personality: The primary universe Lincoln is a reserved "nice guy" whose thick black glasses and neatly side parted hair underscore his mundane sense of style. While he's a capable agent, he exhibits undertones of lack of confidences in himself with respect to relationships, and feelings of inadequacy socially and professionally.

Backstory:

As a child, he lived in Teaneck, New Jersey until the death of his mother, after which his father moved the family to Philadelphia. There, his father started a business named Lee's Hardware, while Lee attended Hamilton High School there. In his senior year, he mostly neglected school in order to work at his father's store, eventually graduating high school with a graduating GPA of 3.85. Up until at least that point, his life was virtually the exact same as that of his counterpart from the alternate universe. He eventually joined the FBI, performing regular jobs as a field agent before joining the Fringe Division, a secret division of the FBI that dealt with inhuman and odd jobs that involved usually Fringe Science.

Why would the PRB hire you / did you sign up yourself, or are you on parole?
Lincoln is a special agent of Fringe Division, that deals with anything that was officially recognized as crazy, inhuman, paranormal and even not of this universe. Lincoln signed up eventually hearing about the PRB on confidential files that was accessed thanks to his clearance. He joined in order to help the PRB in most of the cases that he did aswell or for regular assistance.

- Doing the right thing
- Keeping others safe
- Cheesecake
Dislikes
- Bad dudes and gals

Anything extra: (I only have an IRL picture of him, can't find one adequate enough to match him) Carries a Glock 21 on his belt

This is suspiciously similar to a certain pair of characters I know. Just saying.

HAHAHAHA, NOPE, UHM, ANY USE OF CHARACTERS, THAT I USE ARE ORIGINAL CHARACTERS, NOT COPYRIGHTED, CONTINUE ON WITH YOUR DAY, VIGILANT CITIZEN.

Oh, okay then. I just thought they were kinda similar is all. I completely believe that the character is entirely original.
/blatantlies

I'm going to take a bit to think about a character if this is still open.

Picture:
tumblr_m2cj47f7A61rr5qklo5_1280.jpg

Personality: The primary universe Lincoln is a reserved "nice guy" whose thick black glasses and neatly side parted hair underscore his mundane sense of style. While he's a capable agent, he exhibits undertones of lack of confidences in himself with respect to relationships, and feelings of inadequacy socially and professionally.

Backstory:

As a child, he lived in Teaneck, New Jersey until the death of his mother, after which his father moved the family to Philadelphia. There, his father started a business named Lee's Hardware, while Lee attended Hamilton High School there. In his senior year, he mostly neglected school in order to work at his father's store, eventually graduating high school with a graduating GPA of 3.85. Up until at least that point, his life was virtually the exact same as that of his counterpart from the alternate universe. He eventually joined the FBI, performing regular jobs as a field agent before joining the Fringe Division, a secret division of the FBI that dealt with inhuman and odd jobs that involved usually Fringe Science.

Why would the PRB hire you / did you sign up yourself, or are you on parole?
Lincoln is a special agent of Fringe Division, that deals with anything that was officially recognized as crazy, inhuman, paranormal and even not of this universe. Lincoln signed up since Fringe Division had wanted him as a liaison for the PRB. He also joined in order to help the PRB in most of the cases that he did aswell or for regular assistance.

- Doing the right thing
- Keeping others safe
- Cheesecake
Dislikes
- Bad dudes and gals
- Trying to tell a female that he likes her, this being spoken in his personality.

1) The personality needs a full paragraph, say about five sentences.
2) The backstory needs two paragraphs.
3) There isn't anything "fringe" here other than parahumans, so he wouldn't know about any alternate universe counterparts.
4) The FBI's "fringe" division would just be their PRB equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.