Parahumans: The PRB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things I should have looked into before setting up Wallis as a conman:

Card Games.
I feel you. Wikipedia isn't really informative on the nuances of Hold 'Em, either.

I nominate "Flipping coins until someone wins" as a future competition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel you. Wikipedia isn't really informative on the nuances of Hold 'Em, either.

I nominate "Flipping coins until some wins" as a future competition.
I'm reading the shit out of these wiki articles and I have to agree. I'm down for coins.

@FrostedCamel, I'll teach you.

images

Just putting it up to be known, there may be a few stints of a couple days of me not being able to post.

I'm currently in an EMT class and I ride with my ambulance often so some days I may not have a chance to post, especially near the end of the class I will be studying a fuck ton more than I already am to pass the State Exams and get my certification.

Just a heads up like 4 months in advance...

Right let's give it a shot.

Name: Jumpkick (Real name: Jennifer Kristen)

Age (minimum 18): 22

Personality (minimum one paragraph):
Jumpkick isn't prone to being very polite or helpful if she can help it. Her language is blunt and only vaguely scattered with explicit terminologies, she usually carries herself in such a way that she's either remotely cocky or downright antisocial. Her pride and self-confidence appears to be her own undoing, being a large and corrupting part of Jumpkick's personality in and of itself.

She has a crass, vulgar sense of humour and generally feigns incompetence due to her laziness, when in reality she's as cunning as she is agile, and understands more than she seems to let off. She has a generally short temper, and a tendency to resort to physical violence - usually by throwing or hitting people with various objects in her general vicinity.

Backstory (minimum two paragraphs):

Why would the PRB hire you / did you sign up yourself, or are you on parole?
Jumpkick is on parole.

Likes / dislikes (minimum 2 each):

Anything extra:
This is currently a work in progress. I shall try to continue this evening. I would very much like another character to be Jumpkick's parole officer, should anyone be interested.

Date: 20 January 2015

Right let's give it a shot.

Name: Jumpkick (Real name: Jennifer Kristen)

Age (minimum 18): 22

Personality (minimum one paragraph):
Jumpkick isn't prone to being very polite or helpful if she can help it. Her language is blunt and only vaguely scattered with explicit terminologies, she usually carries herself in such a way that she's either remotely cocky or downright antisocial. Her pride and self-confidence appears to be her own undoing, being a large and corrupting part of Jumpkick's personality in and of itself.

She has a crass, vulgar sense of humour and generally feigns incompetence due to her laziness, when in reality she's as cunning as she is agile, and understands more than she seems to let off. She has a generally short temper, and a tendency to resort to physical violence - usually by throwing or hitting people with various objects in her general vicinity.

Backstory (minimum two paragraphs):

Why would the PRB hire you / did you sign up yourself, or are you on parole?
Jumpkick is on parole.

Likes / dislikes (minimum 2 each):

Anything extra:
This is currently a work in progress. I shall try to continue this evening. I would very much like another character to be Jumpkick's parole officer, should anyone be interested.

Date: 20 January 2015
It's alright, we GMs can play the needed NPCs, or if it doesn't affect the story too much, then you can do it yourself. al characters being admitted are inductees to the PRB.

It's alright, we GMs can play the needed NPCs, or if it doesn't affect the story too much, then you can do it yourself. al characters being admitted are inductees to the PRB.
Usually I prefer having other people's characters for relationships but if an NPC would be simpler and easier then I'm sure that's fine. Annoyingly, I don't know if I can handle another RP - I recently got a PM saying that I'm behind on my present ones already - but if my work schedule clears up any time soon I'll rejoin this with just as much enthusiasm as before.

This is a lovely RP - I wish you all the best of luck in it!

Reactions: ThomazM
Cuuuurious. J, question, would you allow a rebel group or character to be played? Kinda like one with anti-government regulation sentiments that wants to bring down the PRB?

I dunno, this sounds like a good idea to me right now, but I'm way out of it.

Cuuuurious. J, question, would you allow a rebel group or character to be played? Kinda like one with anti-government regulation sentiments that wants to bring down the PRB?

Hi! I'm not J or anyone with authority to approve, but I like this idea. We don't have much in the way of villains yet.

...For that matter, we don't have much in the way of PRB.

Reactions: a touch of dread

By that, might you mean someone still joining up, and trying to get inside and trusted, before destroying them? Or simply a villain outside of the PRB attacking them?

By that, might you mean someone still joining up, and trying to get inside and trusted, before destroying them? Or simply a villain outside of the PRB attacking them?

I was thinking the latter, a villain outside the PRB attacking them.

That'd certainly be interesting, but it may be difficult to work with/around. Especially for you. You'd either have to be tied in with whatever story arc we're on, somehow avoiding the spotlight so we're not fighting the same guy every time, or off doing your own thing (which would, again, be extremely difficult. You'd have to play most every character you interacted with, plus make your actions relevant to the main story).

Your call, though. And J's.

Last edited by a moderator:
What stopwatched is saying's pretty much right, it wouldn't really work. Feel free to sign up as a criminal from a gang or something that wants to take them down.

I feel like I've been forgotten in the roleplay. *Frustrated Sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.