Paint It Crimson

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Dalia was proud of Fel for so quickly introducing herself. Usually it took much longer for new members to get any sort word out of her. Dalia was also glad when Ajax to the key first step of introducing the squad as a whole. However Doc's reaction started to make her think that this was either someone's idea of a bad joke, or even worse they actually thought this was a good idea.
"Well, I am sorry to say that you are most likely stuck here for the long haul." Reaching over she gave the poor guy a firm pat on the back a grim smile on her face. Really this was really not the first squad you wanted to be assigned to. Shit got weird fast, and things got messy even faster. Dalia had been lucky in the fact that she would never qualify for field work so she could leave the messy stuff to the rest of the squad. From what it sounded like however, the higher ups were trying to get this doctor to become either a top class field agent or to be field bait. Either way they were trying to force a kiwi into a banana, something which Dalia had attempted twice and failed on both occasions with interesting results.
"Anyways, technically speaking this is a small squad. But, if you insist I think I can get you a desk to work off of. Shouldn't be to hard to scrounge up some paper and a pen as well." Even with Doc's obvious distress her voice was light and good natured. And she paused as she recalled that she had left something important out. "oh ya, and you can call me grease monkey, gadget girl, her eminence lady supreme mechromancer, or Dalia." though her voice held a mock seriousness the grin on her face was wide enough to hint at the fact the she was joking.

"Well, thank you Dalia." He said with the same fake smile, "A desk would be wonderful but even just a pen and some paper would do splendidly." He looked back at the door, "I wouldn't want to put you threw the stress of getting a desk because I'm sure any minute they will be coming back in and telling me they made a mistake." As if waiting for them to come in he stood silently for a second or so just looking at the door. "Oh, and I have this chip I'm supposed to give to you sir," He was talking to Ajax now. "Its just files about me."

After looking at the chip for a second he found the button, "Ah here we are." A small holographic screen popped up saying;

"Doc:

Expert in all medical fields
Expert in all Veterinarian fields
Degree in Physiology
Degree in Chemistry: Nearing expert

Flaws:
Never handled a gun
Strength max: 40 pounds
No experience in the field
Nervous wreck"

"I wouldn't say I am a nervous wreck..." He placed the chip in Ajax's hand. "I'm not really sure where they got all that information anyways..." He turned to the door again still expecting them to be back any second "Well, maybe I should go take a walk. Just shout when they come back." He sighed and walked over to the door. Little did he know they were about to call down and ask how the new recruit was doing....

Reaper laughs at the bull shit the doc just said. "Thats bulls shit doc i can see from here your a nervous whtever" she smiles "you cant hold a gun you have no field experience whats next sleep with a teddy baer when you scared of the thunder storms" she sighs ""but every thing I just saying was bulls shit as well" she gets off the window still him "let me teach you how to hold a gun but not going to show you how to shot becuse the way i learnd how to shot was by killing a team mate and we where close friends" she just relized she told a little bit of her past "doc your easy to talk to you should be a sytolages whatere you call thoush people" ahe smiles walking with him

Ajax inserted the file chip into his COM device. He nodded as he read the files, looking awkwardly at the 'never handled a gun' part. "That..." he said, pointing to the spot on the screen, "could be a problem." He looked at Reaper when she offered to teach him how to use a gun. "Umm, Reaper, I think it would be best if I taught him how to use a fire arm." He whipped out his sidearm, spinning it around in his signature flashy cowboy style and holstered it again. "Wouldn't you agree?" He looked over at Doc. "I'd be happy to. And if we can't find you a desk, you're welcome to use mine. I grew up in a family of twelve, so sharing is no problem. Except Chocolate. Stay the fuck away from my chocolate." He looked at the doc with a deadly seriousness. He quickly lightened his mood. "So, can I get you anything to drink or eat or something? We have plenty."

Doc stopped at the door and turned around to look at Reaper while she insulted him but he didn't mind, it was provably just the cold truth even if she was saying it was just bull. She offered to teach him how to shoot a gun and sort of came out with some of her past that he figured everyone here knew until she said he was easy to talk to. "Actually I am a physiologist. Well, I have a degree in it anyways." He looked at Ajax when he too offered to teach him how to use a gun and showed off a little bit. Ajax seemed more friendly but he could tell Reaper was in some sort of regret stage of her life. He wasn't sure and wished he could write it out. That always helped him clear his mind and make the right decision. "Well, I would be honored to have either of you teach him." He again used the fake smile though he was still unsure of everything that was going around, "I should probably go with the commander though, he is in charge of the well being of his squad so I can't tell him he can't do his job." He remembered something about the commander being in charge of the well being of all personnel under him.

"So where would we go to train? I assume you would have a shooting range or something for target practice. At least when reading this watch thing it made it out to make me believe something along those lines." His communicator was styled after an old fashioned watch, he wasn't sure if it was for comfort or just because they were to lazy to give him one that looked up to date but he didn't mind. He liked the simplistic look it gave off. "But maybe I should change into something more appropriate. I still have my coat on from the surgery." He pointed out as he took it off only to have a shirt and tie on underneath it. "I don't have anything other than this. They seem to have misplaced my bag." He held his fake smile the entire time he was talking.

Ajax smiled and shook his head. "You can borrow some of my smaller clothes I don't really fit anymore. I'll talk to the Higher-Ups about your bag. They do that sometimes. And after we get you some pants, I'll take you to the shooting range." He motioned toward what was apparently his room. "This way, please." He looked at the new guy with a welcoming expression.

"Ajax no one likes a show off hun" she smiles and rolls her eyes "realy manbe i need to start talking to one" she said with a smile. and when she heard they where going to the shooting rage she said faceing Ajax "can i come and watch" she walks up to Ajax and looks at his face "umm sir you have something on your face more like your cheek" she ponits to her left cheek

Ajax looks to Reaper. "Sure, you can watch." A confused expression took over his face as she said something was on his cheek. He wiped it, and looked back at her. "What was it? Did I get it?" He looked a little worried as well, afraid she would slap him, or punch him, or something. It wouldn't hurt too bad since he had surgery a few years back that purposely damaged his nerve endings so he couldn't feel pain that well. That's why there have been several missions where he came out of the target building on fire, and barely seemed to notice. Of course, he had to be treated for severe burns, but that didn't hurt much either.

"no its still there" she sighs and wipes it off for him "there you go much beter" Reaper smiled kindly for the first time bing here with theys people. it not lie she hated tham. na she did hate tham but sometimes they remind her of home of friends and family logan and Ajax rminded her of heryounger brother Jakesons and Ajax sometimes remids herof sher guy friend when she was little but he lef to a differnt place 2 months after they meet she forgot what he lookeds like as well. she shakes her head and noticeher hand is still on his face and she moves it away "sorry and thank you for alwoing me to come"

The commander looked at her awkwardly as she held his face. "No problem..." he replied awkwardly. He turned to the Doc. "Now, about getting you some pants..."

"But I'm." He looked down and he looked a little flustered, "They took my pants..." He sighed, "Do they do this often? Never mind. Let me get those pants before I lose all my dignity." He started to walk to the room that he was directed to. How immature, you take a guys pants... you know it was bad enough they took his bad but they took his pants as well?! This was unforgivable... but he would somehow find a way to forgive the dirty thieves. At least he would get a pair of pants from the commander. He just sighed and walked into the room noticing the desk. It was a very nice desk, polished dark wood with a good finish. He would be very happy to share it with his commander.

He looked back outside the door to see the commander turning around to speak to him, whatever happened he didn't seem to notice he had walked away until he turned around. He had a feeling it was something to do with Reaper only because she was so close. Strange, he didn't take Reaper for one to play games, something was behind her behavior and he wished he had seen what had happened. "I am already over here Commander."

When Ajax walk in he sighed, "Ok, so your Commander, Dalia is the chick with the glasses, the soft spoken one is Fel, the girl that also offered to teach me how to use a gun in Reaper and the one she likes to yell at is Logan correct? It's kind of funny you know, Logan introduced Reaper and Reaper introduced Logan. I think Logan is a little more than just a pest to Reaper... N-not that it matters. I would just like some pants." He started of just making sure he had the names right but he got more thoughtful as he continued until he caught himself anyways. "Preferably dress pants if you have them, to go with my shirt and tie." Little did he know having a dress shirt on while working a fire arm was a bad idea. Itade him unable to use the full extent of his arm which would mess up hi aim.

Last edited:
"meet you there then" she smiled geting to the shoting rage first. but hefor she did get there she changed into some (think this is what you call tham) bootty shorts and tanktop which says 'moring rise' in the frount and 'death rise' she loves that tank tpo it her favor. she pulls out her gun and relods her gun then aims at a target.

"Yeah, that'd be them. Good job." Ajax looked at him from his standing point by his closet after the man said he wanted to keep his dress shirt on. His facial expression basically called the new guy a dumbass. He began rummaging through his closet to find some clothes. "Take off the shirt. Long, tight sleeves restrict arm movement, throws off your aim. Here." He tossed Doc a black T-shirt and some dark camouflage pants, with a wide black belt already in the loops. "Put these on, and we'll head to the shooting range." He took out his sidearm again, twirling it around his finger as he kept an eye on Doc. Not that he enjoyed watching men dress, he just didn't care. Most of his military career before this squad was in crowded barracks with lots of other guys. He wasn't allowed leisurely things like 'dignity' or 'privacy' when it came to matters such as dressing or practicing.

"Oh, ok." He said a little disappointed when he was told he couldn't even wear his own shirt. He stripped the shirt off and folded it nicely before setting it on the floor. Now he was only in his under shirt and boxers, which was rather uncomfortable for a man that was used to having multiple layers of clothing. He put on the black T-shirt that might have not even fit his commander and at one point might have been a tight fitting one. It came out baggy on him but he could fix that later. Then a pair of camo pants were thrown his way and he was surprised at the weight of them as he caught them. "Are these kevlar?" he said a little shocked that he was already getting some bullet proof armor. Regardless he put them on and tightened the belt. Again they were too baggy but for now he would just have to deal with it.

He walked out to the shooting range following the commander. Again he was deep in thought, the commander didn't seem to care about his observations about his own squad... just what had he gotten into or did he already overstay his welcome? Possibly he lost all respect from his team without even doing anything... He sighed, this was not what he wanted to happen. As they walked in he must have jumped almost a hundred feet at the sound of a gun going off. It was only reaper but the sound of guns... well it was not the sound you wanted to hear. "Oh, sorry." He said seeing how he had knocked over a gun rack as he fell backwards in his fit of fear.

Reaper was to deep in though she didnt hear tham come in and when she heard the gun rack being nocked over she amed ovethen and shoot at the doc but missed "For crying out loud do scare the shit out fo me doc realy" she sighs agin. she moved up to him and the comander still holding the gun. "so are you ready to learn to shoot a gun?" she said with an evil smile. "this is going to be fun to watch" she laughed evily to herself "by the way sorry for shooting at you you scared me to death"

Ajax looked at Doc and the knocked over gun rack. "Seriously? Not even half an hour and you're already breaking things." He sighs and walks over to pick up the rack. "That's alright. And Reaper, quit trying to kill the new guy." He sets the gun rack back up as it was, and takes a small revolver out of it, handing it to Doc. "Here. Just hold this for now. Let the weight of the gun feel comfortable. When you feel you're ready, we'll begin shooting things." He took out his own pistol, staring down the sights at a target.

He froze as the bullet hit the ground inches from his face, this was turning out to be more dangerous than he thought. After taking a deep breath he stood and listened to Ajax as he chastised him. "Sorry Commander." Doc looked over at Reaper who was apologizing for shooting at him. Truthfully he didn't think she liked him and didn't really expect that from her. "It's ok, I should have expected gun fire." He was looking down know as Ajax set the gun rack back up. Seconds later he found a gun in his hand. Nothing special just a small revolver although he did take notice that it was heavier than he had imagined one to be.

Slowly he weighed it in his hand as Ajax returned to firing. Every time the gun fired he flinched but slowly was getting used to the sound. While he held onto the gun, getting a feel for it he took not of how Ajax was doing it. Ajax was only using one hand, his finger was never on the trigger until he was ready to fire and he looked dead down the sights while he took aim. The small pistol had minimal recoil, or at least Ajax made it look that way but seeing how the revolver was a more powerful gun... at least in the movies they were, he would just have to expect more recoil. "I'm ready... I think." Slowly Doc took position at the firing range using two hands on the gun and looking down the sights as he had observed Ajax do, waiting for the command Doc fired and he hit square between the eyes, well the gun hit him between the eyes with an unpleasant amount of recoil, his bullet hit the wood of the target but not anywhere on the human figure that was shaded in on it. "Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow." He groaned as he held his forehead which was now bleeding.

Raeper was watch both of tham and when she heard Doc say he was ready she hade to watch. when she was watching she notice he was doinit wrong and before she could say anything he fired and hurt him self "dear god" she tock the wepon away from and said solfy "i was a bout to warren you about how your holding it frem grip so this-she ponits at his forehead- wont happen ok" she wento get a first aid kit for him.

Ajax looked over at the now bleeding Doc. "You have absolutely no idea how to wield a gun, do you? THat's alright. Believe it or not, I did the same thing the first several times I used a gun. Here, allow me. I'm going to show you the beginners stance." He took the small revolver as Reaper went to get a first aid kit. He stood in the same spot he was last time. He spread his legs about shoulder length apart, held the grip with both hands, one in firing position, the other on the bottom of the handle, Closed one eye, and looked down the sights. His elbows were slightly bent. He pulled the trigger, and the recoil forced the gun up and back a little. He took a small step back to regain his balance, and looked over at Doc. "Think you can do that?"

"Ok, sorry." He said still holding his forehead as she ran out of the room. He looked up to see her rounding the corner, again he was surprised. She seemed so worried and yet she didn't seem like she even liked him a second ago. This must be her strange version of tough love... or simply she was just a strange one. Doc stood up slowly and sighed, he had a feeling he would never fully understand Reaper no mater how much he tried... although at the same time he had a feeling he knew exactly what was going on with her. Though he didn't know much about her at all she did say she learned to shoot a gun by being forced to shoot her friend. At that time she was probably week and now, to make sure nothing like that ever happens again she created a shell around her. She didn't want her insecurity, her caring about others, all that she considers a weakness to make someone else get hurt. It was a caring girl behind a wall of stone... then again, that though might have just been an illusion from his head injury.

He was drawn back from his thoughts when Ajax started to talk, "No, this is the first time I ever touched a gun." Carefully he watched Ajax and spotted all the things he had done wrong, from watching him before Ajax didn't shoot it like a beginner, he shot his gun like it was child's play. He was so unconsciously focused that it didn't mater how he fired while at the same time he was trained so well that he knew the motion of the gun he was holding. Still, that firing position wasn't going to work in a mission... It was ok to train with but if someone was shooting at him he would only have one shot, one chance... if even that. "Ok, I understand." He took a bit of his undershirt and ripped it, then using the long bit of cloth as a bandage for his head. After wrapping his wound he stood up to try again. Slowly he took position and fired the gun. It didn't hit him this time but it slipped out of his hand and landed on the ground behind him. Still his shot was an inch closer to the human figure.