Paint It Crimson

Dalia let out a long sigh and could not help but to give a smile and a light chuckle at the way Ajax was speaking. "No, I'll get it later, you would probably break something else. But next time I will be confiscating the keys." She said with a mock severity. She was still a little annoyed but, she would get over it and at the moment she was just wondering why Reaper had gone ape shit. Whatever the reason Dalia could find out later, but, for now she needed a rest. Hooking up to the computer left her feeling tired and her mind worn out, probably having to do with the fact that there was about three times the information being fed into her mind then what normal eyes usually see. However, even with how much it drained her, she still hated that feeling when she first disconnected from the system. That crushing darkness that rushed in everytime she turned her chip off. Usually people who are blind get used to it pretty quick, but, Dalia had never had to really adjust so there was still many things she struggled with.

But, in any case she couldn't stay in this chair all day, already she could feel the threat of a headache approaching and she was getting hungry. Reaching over with her right hand she pulled the metal connection strip off her head, the magnetics catching for a few seconds before they released. Feeling around on her desk for her sun glasses Dalia popped them on but did not switched them on, her mind needed to rest for a little bit. So for now she was just going to use them to cover her eyes. Swinging her feet around and slidding out of her chair so that her feet hit the ground with a soft thump she kept one hand on the desk and used it to guide her along the wall and over to a tall narrow basket where a single cane stuck out like some awkward half dead plant. With the cane in hand she navigated back out of her room heading towards the common area. It was a pretty basic set up, an area with a couple dirty old couches and chairs, an old coffee table with mismatched legs, and a kitchen area with a fridge that sounded like there was a skeleton dance party going on inside. Inside of the top part of the fridge was four pints of ice cream in varrying flavors, two aready opened, a tray of cooling ice cubes, ten ice packs, and a bag of pressure valves. Dalia grabbed an ice pack and one of the already opened ice creams, butter peacon flavor if her nose didn't lie. Then she made a bee line for the couch only stopping to grab a spoon, before she plopped down heavily on the faded cusions. Taking off her gasses she took a second to skillfully balance the ice pack across her eyes before she pried open the slightly freezer burnt ice cream and dug in.

Ajax nodded when Dalia said she would get it, and stared at Reaper as she exited the base like she was crazy. He figured it was best not to follow, and was expecting the worst when Fel followed. He walked to his room and stared at the painting of a shadow/man offering his hand to a crying little girl on the wall for a long time. He then took down the picture, and set it on his desk, revealing what looked like a giant key hole. He pulled out a silver bladed knife that was covered in notches and grooves, and stuck it in the hole, twisting it to the right. There was a loud click, and a section of the wall opened, like a hidden safe. Inside was a pouch of gold, a curvy dagger on a stand, and a framed picture of a woman. He took out the picture and sat on his bed, staring down at it. "I came home safe, Darlene, I came home safe..." A tear dropped onto the picture as he cried softly to himself.

Reaper walking slows down and ahe start to whispers the song her and her brother made
"time to sing the lalluby
time to sing goodbye
but in the end
you ill see
that the lalluby is just for me

why do angels cry
for the haeven good bye
why ohhhh wwwhhhyyy
do
I
have
to
die......"
she repeats thesong over and over till she gets to the base she sings it solfy and runs to the recordingnroom to record her self she didnt notice Logen at all she start tonsing the lalluby sweetly and clamly wich is shock to hear out of Reapers mouth she sighs once she done and leaves for her room humming the lalluby passing the comanders room

The two had reached the base, and Fel only smiled as Reaper kept on walking. She seemed to be in a better mood. So she doubted she could do any more for her. Which now presented the question of what she should do with herself. Usually after a mission, or most times in particular she would go and train her melee skills in what was sometimes called "the dojo." Though it was really just a white walled room with padded floors and high ceilings. She placed her hand on the handle of her blade as she thought about what techniques could use some works. But after a few seconds her wrist became limp and her fingers slipped off the handle. She wasn't feeling like training. She had heard the others talking about a recreation room. She wondered what it was like in there for a few moments before she headed in the direction. Most days she would pass by the room, but never really thought about going in. Today was going to be different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ajax wiped his tears off his face and kissed the picture, placing it back into the safe and closed it, placing the picture back over it. After he had fully composed himself and made sure it didn't look like he had cried, he got up and walked out of the room. He sat in a window sill in the living room-like area and began to sharpen the blade of the key knife. He looked up with a start to see the quarters door bashed open and a man thrown inside.

((This is the cue for the new guy))

((I must say, that was a very subtle cue.))

"Ok Doc, play nice. Don't get yourself killed out there and welcome to your new squad." A couple chuckles later and the door was closed leaving a small man fumbling his hands across the floor looking for a rather large set of glasses that escaped his nose. As he thumps around trying to figure out where they went, only seeing colors and nothing more, he hits his head on a table or something with a rather flat surface but jagged edges. He cringes to the hit "Ow." and managed to find his glasses while he moves his hand back to cover his head. "That was rather unpleasant." Slowly the scrawny man slips on his glasses and looked up. "Um, hi." He stood and extended a hand which to his concern no one grabbed. Little did he know that was one way for a man to get killed, at this level anyways, shaking a hand could end fatally if done 'correctly'. Nervously he drops his hand to the side and brushed it on his pant legs to try and make his hand dry and less slippery.

"My name is... well they told me to say it was Doc so I guess that's what I go by now, doc." He looks down slightly, "So, I'm part of your team... I guess." He looks around at the room standing in a bit of an awkward location as he try's to get a feel for the mood of the room, other than the obvious awkwardness he had just put it in that is.

Logan glanced up, seeing a blur of color out of the corner of his eye from where he had taken up a video game in the rec room. He blinked before he gave Fel a big grin in welcome.

"Hey there, missy, looks like ya finally found the fun." He teased lightly before he glanced back at the video game as the words 'game over' flashed across the screen. He pouted for a second before he grinned again turning to look at Fel. "Since I lost anyways, wanna hook up a two player?" He offered, even as he slid to the floor before the console to switch the games out and dig out another controller.

Fel had barely walked in before Logan had begun to address her. As he talked she did little more than stare blankly toward him. The two never really talked, during or outside of missions. She took a few moments before looking around the room. Her eyes filled with concern and inquisition. As she continued to let her eyes sweep, she walked over toward the couch where Logan had been placed before he slid onto the floor. She watched the screen with some interest before she sat on the arm of the couch. Trying to sit on the cushion like would normally would be done wouldn't be possibly without removing her blade's sheath from it's fastenings. After the game over screen began to fade out she looked down to Logan who was digging out and hooking in the other controller.

Logan looked back and he almost beamed at the other girl, seeing her perched on the arm of the couch. He tossed the controller towards her, expecting her to catch it before he turned back to the box of games, making a pile next to him of the two players.

"Do you have any preference?" He asked the normally silent girl as he finally gud out all the two player games. He arranged them on the floor so she could see them from where she perched. Or she could always get down next to him and riffle through them. No matter how much Logan was a goof, he didn't disrespect woman until they disrespected him first. He had, had a lot of sisters growing up, two older and four younger.

Reaper hears someone specking so she came out of her room and into the rom where the doc was in she laughs at the site and says "hello doc dont get confy your going to die very fast here and good luck your going to need it" she laughed more evil this time she wante to scare him a litle bit befor she intrdos him to ht self more formly

Reaper notice Fel and Logan "hey you guys knewguys here his name is Doc who wants to give him the toure around although hes not going to make it very long" she laughs solfly "oh what are you guy playing?"

As the controller was sent flying her way she was caught off guard, catching it by using her arms and pressing it to her body. As she pulled it away she inspected the controller as if it were some alien device. But eventually she put it in both of her hands, the only way that made sense to her. Now holding the controller the right way and with both hands she looked down. As Logan spread out all the games she looked over them. A confused expression came over her face. The corner of her lip slightly raised and the eyebrow on the same side lowered. She had no idea what she was looking at. It appeared as if Logan had underestimated her understanding of the medium. When Reaper had asked what they were playing, she felt the need to make a decision. After a few moments she just pointed at the one that caught her eye. She had no idea what it was, but it featured a pink balloon like character with nubby arms and feet.

Logan watched Fel with a small smirk as he noted her confusion, but he waited patiently, letting her choose even if she didn't know what she wanted to choose. He grinned and held up the game at Reaper's question.

"This one." He said before he turned and loaded the game onto the console.. "Good choice, Fel." He reassured her without thinking about it before he pounced back up onto the couch. He turned and gave the new guy a friendly wave and another smile.

"Heya Doc, don't mind reaper. Psychotic Bitch is normal personality." He paused and tilted his head. "I do hope you're more graceful during action though, or her prediction about you not lastin' logn may be truer than ya'd like t' know." He said before he turned back towards the screen.

Dalia practically levitated skywards from her spot on the couch. Having never developed the nerves required of field agents she was prone to dramatic reactions whenever startled, and today was no exception.
"GAWHADAMMMffffffaaaaaa." She yelled as the guy burst in through the door, her words making no coherent sense and just smashing together into a muddled mess. It did not help that she had been balancing an ice pack on her head and a bin of icecream in her hands. Thankfully she only lost her spoon in her brief flight off the couch, the ice pack however, was jettisoned across the room where it lay crumbled against the wall in a soggy mess.
"My god! A little warning next time." She said rolling over from where she had landed tensely among a tangle of faded maroon cushions. Placing both feet squarely on the ground and imitating the new comer in search of her own glasses. Finding the dark shades she pushed them over her eyes and clicked them on. The room took a second to adjust, the little camera in the glasses taking a second to correctly zoom in on what she was looking at. For a few moments she just looked at this "Doc" person before she said slowly.
"Uh, hi Doc. Glad you could join us." While her voice started out awkwardly she managed to sound at least mostly sencere on the last part but, after a moments pause she looked at Ajax and asked in a low voice "Okay seriously did you know anything about this?"

As Logan booted up the game she had ceased paying attention the the screen or him. She had her attention focused on the controller. She was looking intently as she pressed the buttons, softly and slowly, pressing each one down. As if she was trying to test it or figure out how it worked. She looked up as she heard noise coming from the television, reading the display warranted what she expected the name of the pink thing to be. "Kirby" With nothing more than a blank stare she turned her attention back toward Logan, hoping she would be able to glean some knowledge as to what she was supposed to be doing from him.

"Well to be honest, I have never even touched a gun." he force a smile at logan though he was now on edge. Death? Already? He was told he would start in an easy little squad until he had some training. He was so nervous he could have thrown up. "Well," his voice was high and strained now, "I hope I can keep up." even though he kept a light smile and positive demeanor his voice betrayed him.

After a few seconds he caught Dalias words, after all, being half blind without his glasses raises his other senses such as hearing. "They just kind of barged into my operation room in the middle of a sever open heart surgery and told me I was drafted. I don't think any of us knew." he already felt a social barrier between them, something common in situations of distrust... which was odd... He clearly was no threat.

Being a doctor of all fields it was pretty obvious they were hinding something from him... and other things from each other. Not a great thing to start off with.

"Well I'll just grab my-" he looked to the side and noticed his bag was gone... actually did he even get his bag? He knew they gave him 5 minutes to pack and he... "oh, Um, where would my room be? I was told I would be provided a room." then again they also promised him his bag and now where were his cards? He had a complete signed set! and more importantly his medical supplies. A medic with no equipment was like a mechanic with no tools! "It was nice to meet you guys." he bowed, "Though I don't think I caught any names."

Last edited:
i knew he is going to i die and logen what did you call me" Reaper starts to crak her neckls with an evil smile. she slowly walks up to him read to kick hes ass. but was called on so she stoped "you were save by angel as hole but the next time will be the last" she walks away from tham into a diffrent room to help out "wh do you wwant you made me lose my trget" then she pulls out her gun and putsit to the guys head "and I dont like it wheni do you got that but you dont need to remaber that anymore""why not?" "why becuse this"she fires and there is not much blood as the commander becuse her gun makes everything nice and clean. she walks back to the room caring the dead body "my only excuse is my finger slip i only ment to scare him" tat was a big bunch of bullshit. she thrw him out the window with the other body they kill. she knew what she did was a big mistake but she injoyed it the only reson she all ways ask is why she injoys it so much. she sat on the window and pulled out a smock and lighter. she lit the smock and blow rings

Logan snorted at Reapers knuckle cracking.

"The truth." He muttered under his breath before he turned to look at the screen. He started to explain what each button did to Fel without the question needing asked. He showed her after eh finished explaining before eh turned and flashed a grin at her.

"Ready to play?" He asked as he pressed the start button. He totally ignored Reaper throwing another dead guy out the window. Let Ajax mess with her. He glanced over at the new guy.

"Aww, you don't wanna hang out with us?" He teased before he turned back to the screen.

Fel pressed each button in reciprocation. Making mental notes and producing muscle memory. As the two began the game she didn't focus immediatly. She wasn't ignoring the new comer, she was listening to him but she wasn't really sure what to do. She had already decided today was going to be different than usual. So instead of continuing to say nothing she turned her head. Her eyes had a hard time looking at him, everytime they seemed to focus they would hedge and her gaze would turn to the wall or floor. Eventually she kept her eyes on the floor before she quietly gave him her name. "I am Fel."
Her head turned back toward the screen and she focused on the game letting Logan go first before following his example. Her character's movement was a little clunky and unsure, a byproduct of the girl learning her way around the new world.

Ajax just stared at everything going on around him from his place on the windowsill, a look of utter confusion sprawled across his face. "Eh, what's up, Doc?" he asked, imitating the all-but-forgotten cartoon character, Bugs Bunny. He hopped down, placing the knife in it's sheath. "I'm Commander Ajax, team leader. Welcome to Squad Six of Gamma Legion 5502. Better known as the 'Crimson Painters'. We're the firing squad -slash- elite strike team. Nice to have you, we could use a medic. We weren't exactly expecting you, so we don't have a room, but we'll figure something out." He stuck his hand out to shake the newcomers, like Doc did earlier. Ajax was a lot friendlier than the Higher-Ups when it came to greetings.

"Oh, I didn't mean to insult anybody." Doc said raising his hands "Honest, I didn't mean to insult you." He took Logan's teasing seriously, back in the office jokes were uncommon and normally fairly dangerous if pulled. Really, working on dieing patents, which was his departments wings job was no a place to be taken lightly. He shifted a little and looked around thinking about going out, possibly not even finding where he would be sleeping but perhaps a study? That would do nicely.

His thoughts were halted by a quite voice, one from the girl he thought had absolutely no interest in him that basically told him her name was Fel. "It is a pleasure to meat you." But as he opened his eyes from his smile he noticed she had looked away and went back to the game, his disappointment didn't last long though, a man stood and walked over to him. He put out his hand and shook his new commanders hand. "Bugs Bunny, my daughter watches that show." He said with a smile, "Well used to. Our VCR and DVD player have been taken away and cable has been cut for military reasons." He seemed cheerful about that but it was one of the reasons he didn't want to join the military. He had quite a few but the fact that the military is taking everything away for the war effort was one of them.

His smile faded though, "W-wait," He started to grow pail, "Y-you said Elite? As in top notch? and Strike as in attacking?" He started to feel dizzy, "I- this isn't basic training? Small common Joe squad?" He turned around and looked at the door before returning his gaze to the others, "I think their has been a mistake. I was told I would be in a small squad." He was going to walk, "Then again, it wouldn't be the first time those bas- they lied to me. Do you happen to have a study, or a desk and something to write with? I need to clear my head." He brought back the fake smile that he had used so many other times. "If you don't mind that is."