Overture - Open to New Players!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except Naomi's. Thank the Gods. That would not end Well for either party.

Karren - She's hot, but she's jail bait. Karren looks younger than eighteen and it scares him enough to back off.
She's already seventeen. That girl had better marry soon or risk being an old maid like Isabel.

Umbria is gonna get in every girls booty. The end.
Except Naomi's. Thank the Gods. That would not end Well for either party.
I don't think he'll get Isabel either. The Mountain Paladins don't take a vow of celibacy, but they either naturally have little interest in that sort of thing or meditate to not waste time with distractions.
Would Umbra even want Isabel? She is middle-aged, not a great beauty, and has small breasts. She also might be stronger than Umbra.

Isabel is still young. She's got another good 20 years.

We are using middle-ages ages, right? 60 is the old 80, girls get married in their teens?

Oh dont worry! I am gonna make Karren Lesbian and eye you 8D :deadhorse:

Well, not sure if you skipped the post to Akuma, with Karren I did create and form a part of myself. And I have a more "perfected" opinion on good and evil.
Evil is any form of harm to any breathing creature on a physical or mental level while good is the opposite.

That alone makes it clear for me personally that nothing and nobody can be good or evil and that the only thing possible to do is to live by doing what causes more good than evil. That involves killing billions of sick in order to terminate an uncurable disease just to save the lifes of a mere hundred.

That means to be ready to kill or to betray others in order to survive if absolutely no other choice is given.
When one is dead, then one is gone forever and cannot try to create more good than evil.

That's called Utilitarianism, you should look it up and read what famous people in history used this philosophy ;) many people in our world deem utilitarians as evil as fuck!!! :P

~~~
edit:
ALSO on some real shit, we are having some hefty OOC conversation for an RP that we have put very little work and development into.... There has been one and a half scenes (biltmoure hall and the tavern).... Both where very incomplete and lame AF.... I know we can do better....

Last edited by a moderator:
That's called Utilitarianism, you should look it up and read what famous people in history used this philosophy ;) many people in our world deem utilitarians as evil as fuck!!! :P

~~~
edit:
ALSO on some real shit, we are having some hefty OOC conversation for an RP that we have put very little work and development into.... There has been one and a half scenes (biltmoure hall and the tavern).... Both where very incomplete and lame AF.... I know we can do better....

I would disagree with the statement "...all action should be directed toward achieving the greatest happiness for the greatest number of people." because there needs to be a balanced when it comes to that when looking Utility thing up on a dict. And I have not too much time so please forgive me for short responses about it, I am with my league team. I will be free in a few hours.

You Are A:

Lawful Good Human Paladin (3rd Level)

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (26)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXX (9)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXX (7)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Neutral - XXXXXXXX (8)
Chaos --- XXXXXX (6)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Evil ---- X (1)

Race:
Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Dwarf ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
Elf ------ XXXXXX (6)
Gnome ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Halfling - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Half-Orc - (0)

Class:
Barbarian - (-23)
Bard ------ (-23)
Cleric ---- (0)
Druid ----- (-19)
Fighter --- (-2)
Monk ------ XX (2)
Paladin --- XXXXXX (6)
Ranger ---- (-2)
Rogue ----- (-4)
Sorcerer -- (0)
Wizard ---- XX (2)
Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Chaotic Evil ---- XX (2)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXX (9)
Chaos --- XX (2)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Evil ---- (0)

Race:
Dwarf ---- XXXXXX (6)
Elf ------ XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Gnome ---- XXXXXX (6)
Halfling - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Half-Orc - XXXX (4)

Class:
Barbarian - (-21)
Bard ------ (-19)
Cleric ---- XXXX (4)
Druid ----- (-8)
Fighter --- XX (2)
Monk ------ XX (2)
Paladin --- (-17)
Ranger ---- XXXX (4)
Rogue ----- (-6)
Sorcerer -- (-4)
Wizard ---- (0)

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Chaotic Evil ---- XX (2)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXX (9)
Chaos --- XX (2)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Evil ---- (0)

Race:
Dwarf ---- XXXXXX (6)
Elf ------ XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Gnome ---- XXXXXX (6)
Halfling - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Half-Orc - XXXX (4)

Class:
Barbarian - (-21)
Bard ------ (-19)
Cleric ---- XXXX (4)
Druid ----- (-8)
Fighter --- XX (2)
Monk ------ XX (2)
Paladin --- (-17)
Ranger ---- XXXX (4)
Rogue ----- (-6)
Sorcerer -- (-4)
Wizard ---- (0)

just to be a !!!tease!!!.... I am more lawfull good and much more of a paladin than you are ;p ^^" haha, well, that is if you went like I did and went by what you would do in reality :deadhorse:(yes I find this smiley too amusing)

Reactions: AAB

~~~
edit:

I looked into it and disagree with the core concept. The thing I disagree is its doctrine to skip onto a portion of people without the exact consideration of the burden or harm they carry. I think it really depends on the situation. And this doctrine does not fit very well in my thinking of good and evil, least evil does not cut out any portion of a group if there is a choice. Within the explanation I found that was written from a leading role I would think its a bit too drastic. Leading consists out of several "slider" one action causes a reaction, help one side and the other will suffer, decrease money there and increase it somewhere else, every single decision from a leading role has an effect and those effects need to be considered through properly and I do disagree, from within my heart, to skip onto a portion of people just to help the most. It needs to remain within balance whereby both, even the small portion can feel and see it in an agreeable point. The only exception here is if it causes harm to others.

I think I am more trying to live by is a Utopia, Gods Paradise if you will want to call it that way, a place with no suffering and eternal bliss :P But that is not possible with evil beeing there.

Hmm, the only example in my head in regards of leading a population, where I thought Utilitarianism could apply is in the military doctrine. I would be for military execution if soldiers disobey the military law.
But the thought behind this is to create a strict and more efficent army. An army that fears punishment is more efficent. And no, the fear is not supposed to weight too heavily. just to avoid the missconception some would throw out to just disagree.
This is something that can be seen in guilds in the MMO world sometimes.
That is something the Art of War taught me.

When I play space 4X games I am like... "The Art of War will be useless in space, with no gravity and where upside down is not upside down". And it is something the space war Strategy games didnt implent. At all. Their maps are fairly... flat. Same for its ships. Even if they have a non flat base map.
That makes me somewhat curious to see how tactics and strategy would in fact apply if humans should ever achieve that level of knowledge, understanding. Unfortunately I will be most likely very long dead by that time.

btw, I just thought, is what happens next on the IC already pre-set or isit up to us to decide and to continue? o.o

*has malicious ideas* <3

Of note, it's a misconception of human life span in the middle ages to be so short. While it was shorter, the infant mortality rate brought the average age down much much more, and has made most people think of the middle aged 60 year olds being elderly, but the reality was it was more like 75, which is still younger than we consider old, but not nearly as dramatic. i will grant that out 80 year olds can still be a lot more healthy than the middle ages 75 year olds, that's just the advancement of modern medicine, but people such as myself have tough enough immune systems that we don't really need to rely on medicine as heavily, so people older than 75 were still around. When it came down to it, if you lived past 20 you were pretty well set to live until you were 65 at least.

I can't seem to find a source, so I may be wrong...

Also, I'm back! And no notifications at all, but I looked for myself this time.

All this talk about Alignment, i might as well throw Perseus in the mix. I would place him under a Neutral Good, he's not really aligned with any "side" so much as he just wants to keep people alive. He'd save an enemy soldiers life without a doubt. Being a Neutral he tends to surround himself with people of the good alignment because they tend to make better neighbors and lords, not because he agrees with their ideals (he might, but that's not his reasoning.)

Of note, it's a misconception of human life span in the middle ages to be so short. While it was shorter, the infant mortality rate brought the average age down much much more, and has made most people think of the middle aged 60 year olds being elderly, but the reality was it was more like 75, which is still younger than we consider old, but not nearly as dramatic. i will grant that out 80 year olds can still be a lot more healthy than the middle ages 75 year olds, that's just the advancement of modern medicine, but people such as myself have tough enough immune systems that we don't really need to rely on medicine as heavily, so people older than 75 were still around. When it came down to it, if you lived past 20 you were pretty well set to live until you were 65 at least.

I can't seem to find a source, so I may be wrong...

Also, I'm back! And no notifications at all, but I looked for myself this time.

All this talk about Alignment, i might as well throw Perseus in the mix. I would place him under a Neutral Good, he's not really aligned with any "side" so much as he just wants to keep people alive. He'd save an enemy soldiers life without a doubt. Being a Neutral he tends to surround himself with people of the good alignment because they tend to make better neighbors and lords, not because he agrees with their ideals (he might, but that's not his reasoning.)

I would not save an enemies soldiers life. There is no guarantee in most cases that he will not jump you 5 days later. The exception of course is when it is quite clear that the soldier carries the type of personality that will make sure he wont jump at me 5 days later :o
That means not beeing too fanatic, religious or too loyal.
The other exception is when thereis gain to gain via intruigues. The soldier would have to explain himself upon return afterall and when in a dire situation later and him beeing around it may work to distract by indicating a pact was made between the self and him which should help to save and yourself :o

Last edited:
Are we talking about alignments now? Im not actually sure where Willie would fall into, though on the outside he is a bit chaotic, but he never intends to put harm on anyone (living things of course) and follows a sort of mantra. and himself being good is rather self explanatory. I think he'd be lawful good imo.

Btw, the RP seems to have gone a bit stagnant

Are we talking about alignments now? Im not actually sure where Willie would fall into, though on the outside he is a bit chaotic, but he never intends to put harm on anyone (living things of course) and follows a sort of mantra. and himself being good is rather self explanatory. I think he'd be lawful good imo.

Btw, the RP seems to have gone a bit stagnant

Yeah I think we are waiting for eternal fire to post to continue.

Btw, I made a post earlier following Squee's it got erased for some reason, should I post it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.