Overlords and Guardians; Age of Antagonism

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
So got myself a 'Shard of Sin' wonder if I can sell it to Scarazar, that counts like greed, right? :p

Yeah, magic items are a no-go unless a special trait is used for it, it is possible to get them in-game however.
Once again thanks. I might change one of my traits in order to get the magic items. Though, perhaps not. If I may ask, how would one obtain magical items?

Edit: I might include a magic item in my guy's bio stating that he lost it and is currently looking for it. Would that be ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again thanks. I might change one of my traits in order to get the magic items. Though, perhaps not. If I may ask, how would one obtain magical items?
Edit: I might include a magic item in my guy's bio stating that he lost it and is currently looking for it. Would that be ok?
Yeah you could do that.

As for acquiring magical items, there are quests that lead to finding them that crop up from time to time, more rarely one might be available for sale that you'll hear about or if you're exceptionally lucky some influence traits (Such as Thieves Guild or Spymaster) might quietly recover one without being asked etc.

I have a question...How is the posting going to work? I noticed Andrea posted twice without a GM post from you. Is this self-run or is it structured?

I have a question...How is the posting going to work? I noticed Andrea posted twice without a GM post from you. Is this self-run or is it structured?
Andi's post was a collab with me over Steam. (And dicerolling for it was done using roll20)

But, unless you need GM input, you're free to make a post so long as there is at least 3 other posts from other people before you.

Go with the big red announcement Kad made in the first page rather than the count in the Guardian page. That one is from Kad's previous attempt and he hasn't yet made the change to accommodate the number difference between Overlords and Guardians (then the Overlords outnumber the Guardians).

btw Kad, can I use external dice roller than the inbuilt one?

Go with the big red announcement Kad made in the first page rather than the count in the Guardian page. That one is from Kad's previous attempt and he hasn't yet made the change to accommodate the number difference between Overlords and Guardians (then the Overlords outnumber the Guardians).
Thanks for the clarification. Going to change the draft.

I did and he didn't seem to mind, I guess it probably depends on the validity of the roller.

https://app.roll20.net/join/565946/jbUzTw

If anyone wants to use a roller outside of here, that is the one to be used ;) It's free to sign up and I use it regularly and if we do any collabs (anyone who wants my Steam ID feel free to PM me) then it'll likely be used.
I did and he didn't seem to mind, I guess it probably depends on the validity of the roller.
Your roll image was broken so I rolled it myself :p

Argh, can't I use invisiblecastle roller?

Though, I think I have an account there...

I am going put up another IC post soon. Been busy but I should have time some time this week/weekend. Sorry for the delay.

4,500 human swordsmens, axemen, and spearmen. Total: 4,500 gold.

500 Human Pikemen- Total: 500 gold

2,000 Archers- Total: 2,000 gold

300 Horse Archers- Total: 1,200

100 Axe Dwarves- Total 2,000

5 War-Boar Dwarves- Total: 500

5 Glamredhal Horse Archers- Total: 750

10 Glamredhal Reaper Crossbowmen- Total: 1,000

30 Druid/Warrior Priest Beastmasters- Total: 2,400

40 Niomus Raiders- Total: 1,200

20 Niomus Scouts- Total- 200

Total Gold=13,050 gold

4x human captains- 200 gold

2x Dwarven Captains- 200 gold

2x Glamredhal Captains- 200 gold

2x Niomus Captains- 300 gold

Total Gold= 900 gold

Notes: Can I make a captain into a Knight Templar or Counter-Spy?

Total Gold spent on army= 13,950

Remaining Gold = 8,050

Captains
(Defender)_Bors,_the_Black_Knight.png

Fawkes watched with horror as Edgar's captains descended onto his brother and repeatedly stabbed him. He twitched at every pained cry yet he was gripped by fear. As the deed was committed, however, Edgar managed to cast a spell protecting him from the poison.

Now, Edgar laid dying. His frail body was ravaged by the poison as it made its way through his blood. But before falling into darkness he turned his head towards his brother. What emotions were running through Edgar, Fawkes did not know, but his brother needed him.

Without a thought, Fawkes flung himself into the nearest captain causing him to stumble before running through the stunned group. A few tried to stop him, though it was in vain. Every time they would get close he would slash at them, threatening murder. Finally, after making his way, Fawkes cradled the unconscious Edgar. His head turned towards the worms, eyes burning with fury, and yelled.

"You will all get your just rewards for betraying my brother!"

With a grunt, Fawkes lifted Edgar onto his shoulder. The body was light meaning the knight could run. And to everyone's surprise, Fawkes ran. He ran and ran through the scorching desert. They presumed that the pair would die. How wrong they were. How wrong they were indeed.

If Edgar is the magical scorpion then Fawkes is the physical lion. His body had endured battle after battle in the desert making him well harden. He could also perform psychical feats that would make Gaston green. With his strength, entire tribes and villages had been wiped out. And when Edgar and Fawkes combined both steel and magic, they are a powerful pair.

Yet Fawkes deeply cares about Edgar, and after fleeing from the treacherous captains, the knight desperately tried to nurse Edgar back to health. His attempts were in vain, however, causing Fawkes to sink into depression. Then, when Edgar was on the verge of death, a Cleric Healer chose to help Fawkes to heal. The reasons of which is only known between them, but the result was that Edgar lived. Scarred, but alive.

When Edgar finally had the strength to move without support, Fawkes was suggested that they attack the captains who were now bickering who was to be Overlord. Edgar laughed at the plan saying, "To attack now is idiotic. We have no army nor help and would be slaughter."

Fawkes had thought it through making mention of building an army from the enslaved. Once again Edgar laughed saying how would they forgive them. Again, Fawkes had thought it through. He said that a Cleric was willing to help and by having the Healer with them it would show that they were redeemed, or at least trying to redeem themselves.

This forced Edgar to consider it, but his devilish mind thought of another way. How could a ragtag force of slaves stand up to trained armies? Again, Fawkes had planned.

They would help the people in another land gathering their support. This time, Edgar had no choice and so they rid the land of their problems becoming heroes.The people's response to an once evil knight touched Fawkes's heart.

Then the time came when they had a chance to reclaim their home. The bickering between Edgar's former captains had erupted into war and if they didn't take the chance then a Overlord would be much harder to fight.

With a group of warriors they returned to the desert, freeing slaves. The slaves were, however, quick to jump to conclusions. They said that Edgar had only returned to become an Overlord again, but the Cleric and Fawkes both quelled the rumors.

It took time, blood, and sweat to rid of the captains, but Fawkes managed to get both revenge and redemption. Now he is known as the Grey Knight instead of the Black Knight. Personally, Fawkes likes the new title and the reasons behind it. Now, Fawkes stands tall with his men with a new steadfast heart. But Lo! Evil still resides, wishing for a chance and everyday is a struggle for Fawkes as he attempts to walk the Grey Line.

9ea3c04cced0e1f0b37ef85b58ac8b67.jpg

Samythus, or 'Sam', stared wearily at the aged Knight and then towards Edgar. She had second thoughts about doing this now. What if he only rid of the captains to become Overlord again? Sam shuddered at the thought yet she needed to do this. Edgar was the result of her father's meddling with a Dark Mage and she needed to restore her family's honor, but as Sam walked towards the slumbering Edgar she felt a hand grip around her wrist.

Turning her head, Sam could see that Fawkes's face showed concern.

"Why are you helping us?" Was the words Fawkes muttered.

"Because my father helped created this monster and I hope to sway him to the side of good." Samythus knew she had spoken the wrong words.

"So, my brother is just a tool for you then?!" Fawkes gripped the hilt of his sword.

"And I am the only one willing to save him."

Sam stared in the grey eyes of the knight. Growling, Fawkes drew his hand away allowing the Priest to come near Edgar. When she was there Sam began calling upon the Gods to help him. However, Edgar could hear the words and reached for a dagger only to be held down by Fawkes.

Though, the Priest was surprised, it didn't stop her. And with a nod from Fawkes, Samythus finished the spell stopping the poison. Sam sighed as Edgar began venting his rage causing Fawkes to chuckle. How anyone ever recovered that fast Sam will never know.

Samythus was the Priest whose father casued Edgar to become a 'Cursed' and for his dealings with a Dark Mage the local commanding Cleric banished him. Sam's father later married and had two children. One of whom went to fight against the Overlords and the other, studying to become a Priest.

For years, however, Sam's father began sinking deeper into depression as letters arrived from a friend. Sam and her mother made attempts to cheer him up, but failed. Still, they tried until one day the disgraced Cleric showed the letters depicting scenes from his home as a Overlord sweeped through the desert. He then went on to explain what happened with the Overlord.

Time went on as Sam lived with the knowledge that her father created a monster. Eventually, Sam's father convinced the local Lord to allow him to go and try to save a few friends from Edgar's wrath. He went never knowing that Fawkes and Edgar would arrive only a day after.

Knowing that it would take long, Samythus took the opportunity and managed to bring Edgar back from near death. Afterwards she persuaded Edgar to take advantage of what was going on back in the desert.

Back in the desert, the captains waged war while Edgar built up a little army to take back their home. And they took it back with fury. With Fawkes's and Edgar's skills and Sam's 'powers' of persuasion, they rallied the people to their cause.

The captains died off until only two were left and they ran. Slowly, the people began to rebuild their lives and were distrustful towards the brothers. However, they managed to win back their trust. Edgar became a Guardian, Fawkes became his second in command, and Sam became adviser to Edgar on how to treat people.

archer_by_ameeeeba-d5xfm2e.jpg

Robin, a name that has become legend among the people of the forest as an archer. During Edgar's rein Robin would attack supply routes in order to feed the people and this still went on even during the warring captains. However, Robin was young and like all youngsters, he thought he was unstoppable. That feeling disappeared when he was captured.

During his captivity, Robin had to spend his days as a Jester to a arrogant captain. Those days were humiliating with hope fading of escape. That changed when Edgar besieged the captain's fort causing Robin to loot bows and arrows from a dead archer. He then showed his skills as he rained arrows down upon the captain's forces and also struck the captain himself.

Edgar appeared shortly after with Robin aiming for him. He was stopped when Edgar finished the captain off. The archer then personally met Edgar for the first time and he was horrified at the mage's appearance, but that didn't deter him. It was there that Edgar admitted Robin's skills were 'fair' prompting him unleash a barrage of arrows upon the remaining enemy forces.

Such then Robin has served as Edgar's personal hunter being as good or perhaps even better than the average Glamhalred. Time after time he has wiped out small units out as he has safeguarded the forest. In fact, most of Robin's time is spend in the forest and Edgar has to send runners to relay messages.

vampire_assassin_by_synistym-d5kcoqt.png

Silent as shadow, 'Kit' as her friends call her, serves as the Counter-Spy against Overlords. She had just one day slipped into Edgar's service without him knowing and silenced infiltrators. This became rumor saying that perhaps Edgar was blessed by the gods themselves, but the mage became enraged at the mere suggestion. He plotted a 'infiltrator' making sure that Kons slipped from the shadows.

Kit gained the trust of the infiltrator and feed him false information. When it was time for him to carry out the 'mission' he was caught, but Edgar was quick to capture Kit. He didn't know why she was helping him, but Edgar valued what she had done. The mage, however, planned on sending Kit away, but that was dashed when his men protested. Edgar reluctantly gave in and asked why Kit were helping them. A simple 'it's fun' was all. Edgar didn't push further, but there might be more as Kit was already popular among the army and he didn't want to make Kit run away unless he wanted his army to break apart.

Currently, Kit stops spies and assassins by using her... methods. Many a time she stopped amateur assassins and loud spies. Still, Kit has yet to stop a well-seasoned spy or assassin, but she stands ready.

Dwarf.jpg

Tyreece Crystalsculptor is the oldest among Edgar's new captains. He serves as Edgar's friend and frontline warrior as he fearlessly charges the enemy, though he does lack restraint. But it wasn't always like this.

Between Edgar and the warring captains, Tyreece lead a rebellion against both. They often fought as small teams trying to shake off the iron rule, but the rebellion never gained steam as Edgar would threaten to raze the forest. Only Tyreece and about 200 other Dwarves fought against the undead army that control the forest. As the rebellion lost warriors, news reached Tyreece that Edgar was supposedly slain at a battle and rejoiced.

Then came the human captain who overtook the forest. Tyreece and the tattered remains of the rebellion fleed into a neighboring kingdom. The disgrace Tyreece felt for leaving his home was great and he tried drinking his troubles away. Once again, news reached him that a rebellion, supported by overseas warriors, was stirring. He flocked to the banner and to his horror found Edgar leading the rebellion. It took a long time before Tyreece warmed up to Edgar, but they became good friends.

Tyreece also serves as the Dwarven representative informing the Lyns of what's going on.

620377-bigthumbnail.jpg

The story of Pany Spadekiller is well known. This Dwarf used a spade to fend off a mob of zombies and had used the spade ever such along with an axe. And during Edgar's return, Pany actually fought against Edgar's forces up until Edgar defeated the orc captain.

Pany then joined Edgar's forces along with his spade. It was also never known that Pany did fought against Edgar, but he did well as a warrior. It was during one battle that he broke his spade before using his battle axe.

Right now, Pany has climbed through Edgar's ranks to captain based off his skills The Dwarf serves as Edgar's Captain of the Guard and sometimes jester.

ElfWarrior.jpg

Unlike so many other Gladhalred, Aire prefers the use of swords rather than bows. His liking to swords were developed during the time that the captains fought over who was going to be lord of the desert. He was once a slave that escaped during a revolt against the human captain and needing to learn how to survive, Aire learnt how to use a bow, but also the sword when faced against the enemy.

However, Aire was subdued
WIP

images

HeroineFinal.jpg

dark-warrior-artwork-1680x1050.jpg
I've decided to keep the troops and I'll be making adjustments to traits for Edgar.

As for lands, here's a draft.

Lands are Desert and forest.

Sanctuary

Excellent Oasis Citadel

Church

Desert Cathedral

Points= 450
Upgrades

x2 Expanded Barracks

Library

Theatre

Purification Rooms

Prison and Holy Prison

x2 Meat Stores and Wells. Can Survive 8 months

Double Moat

Siege Engines(Advanced)

Treasury

Holy Summoning Chamber

Alchemical Laboratories

Large Smithy x2

Armory x2

Points= 1700

Name: The Scorpion Citadel

History:

The Scorpion Citadel is possibly among the oldest structures in the known world. Built by the tribal humans its original design was that of a small fort which has such been added to. It managed to withstand the other rival tribes that once roamed the deserts and once even stood against a small army of 2,000 warriors. Combined with its lengthy history made it famous in the region of the fledgling civilizations. However, it was left to rot when the tribals were finally conquered by an overambitious lord. It stood in silent, rotting watch for a long time. Yet it was not destined to become mere, forgotten ruins as one of the lord's grandsons would restructure the scarred fort into a Citadel. There, it stood against armies and legends began forming about it. One such legend was when the first Overlords came, one of them surged through the deserts with an army of 20,000 at his side yet this single Citadel with a mere 2,000 defenders stopped the Overlord dead in its tracks. Though, this is legend and should not be taken seriously. Years it stood proud and unbending against minor Overlords and arrogant warmongers. It had never witnessed a defeat in her years, until Edgar the Scorpion(My guy)

The Citadel was eyed by Edgar, a new Warlord soon to be Overlord, for its walls were said to be blessed by the gods themselves. He sought to disprove that and on a terrible, rosy dawn Edgar led his army against it. For seven days they besieged the mighty fortress, but the walls proud and defenders steadfast. Loss after loss, Edgar's army was unable to enter the Citadel. That was until someone within the Defender's ranks betrayed his brothers.

The traitor told Edgar of an old escape tunnel, now sealed up and buried, that lead into the courtyard. The result was chaotic as his army entered the fortress sowing confusion among the defenders. Edgar told his captains, "Give no quarter, slay all, and plant their corpses on the walls."

The captains did what they were told. They had their warriors kill all and proceeded to spike the corpses onto the walls. There they remained. The horrific sight would have drove the weak-willed away and they remained there until they were bones. However, Edgar's orders were not followed all the way through. The captains, in their greed, took prisoners to be used as playthings for themselves as well as their warriors. Those captured would have found it better to have the same fate as the Citadel's defenders.

The Citadel was then converted into Edgar's own fortress with the spiked corpses as a sign of what happens when they resist. Here, the fortress underwent major changes as Edgar began pushing into the desert and slaves were brought here for various purposes. The Citadel was also used as a garrison for Edgar's army along with the function of resting. It remained this way until Edgar was brutally betrayed by his captains where it was then used as a command center once the captains turned on each other.

The Fort was under the command of a vicious Orc who transformed it into a prison. Its housed a wide array of people who suffered. This went on for two years, that was until Edgar and his brother came out of hiding. That sent a jolly shock down the Orc's spine who began readying for the fight to come. The Orc also attempted to rally some of the other captains to try and crush Edgar, but failed. Finally, after three weeks, Edgar returned to the fort with his own army.

Edgar returned to his greatest victory turned humiliation with a army of freed slaves, refugees, and displaced families. They camped outside of the Scorpion Citadel as Edgar knew the Orc was impatient and would eventually come met him. And when he did, the Orc didn't predict trained warriors ready to flank them. The following battle was like when Edgar attacked the Citadel the first time. Simple chaos was the undoing of the Orc. When the last of the Orc's army fled Edgar was found kneeling besides his former captain and friend.

"I once called you friend yet here I am. Hovering over your dying body like a vulture." Edgar chuckled.

"Eh, funny. I took part in your assassination, but you live and here I'm dead. Oooh, the poetic justice poems are coming!" The Orc gargled.

"Indeed. Now, it is time to say good-bye." Edgar smiled as he pulled out a poisoned dagger from his robes.

"Just to... add insult, huh? Still keeping your cruel streak about you." The Orc began coughing.

"And what is more Ironic is that this is the same dagger you used to stab me with. Like all the others you dropped it as you bickered with the others." Edgar said before shoving the dagger into the Orc's belly.

Such defeating the Orc(the battle is now known as the Scorpion Battle), Edgar has remodeled the Citadel to make it more fitting for a Guardian. The former Overlord used it as a staging ground to wipe out the other captains who were now minor warlords and now it serves as his personal command center as well as home. It is now a beacon of hope in a time of strife.

Notes: I'm setting up Edgar's Bio to include a possible Nemesis.

Rest is a WIP.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Archwar

Try editing all of it into one post and then commenting when you've updated it with something, or your sheet is going to be spread across the OOC.

That's apart of my plan. I am spreading it out for now, but I'm going to start combining it.
Spreading it out is poor forum etiquette, everyone else posted theirs neatly and concisely for the most part. Making edits to a single post when necessary. Have you seen the other sheets?

What plan could you possibly involve spreading out your CS and what could you possibly gain from that plan?

Honestly, I have no idea. Yes, it is lazy and stupid and poor. So, I'll just throw everything into one post. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.