Overlords and Guardians; Age of Antagonism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait what? Then why is Weapon Mastery even a possibility on a Werewolf captain? I've been robbed!
On another note I am confirming that I'm Fubuki's Nemesis.
checked again and made a mistake there for both your werewolf and selvi's, that should have been martial artist not weapon mastery. feel free to edit both of you.

checked again and made a mistake there for both your werewolf and selvi's, that should have been martial artist not weapon mastery. feel free to edit both of you.
Oh cool! I thought it was a bit weird for werewolves to have weapon mastery.

At any rate, my CS should be done (well, more done than it already was anyway). Only thing I might change is scrapping Siege Engines for a better quality.

Wait what? Then why is Weapon Mastery even a possibility on a Werewolf captain? I've been robbed!

Probably because being a wolf is of limited usefulness, and he will have to fight as a human in many scenarios.

Probably because being a wolf is of limited usefulness, and he will have to fight as a human in many scenarios.
also true, but in this case I messed up, had my little werewolf trait table listing weapon mastery twice as a possibility, checking the rolls I made it was actually martial arts what both Maxims and Selvis werewolves should have. Though the werewolves in this rp are like skyrim werewolves so likes this:

Werewolf_from_Skyrim.png

"Their change between wolf and (wo)man is entirely voluntary, and doesn't stop in the middle, they are either men or wolves not both at the same time."

I'll be adding in one tab after the other, once they're complete.

• Elysiane the Radiant
    Name: Elysiane the Radiant (or Merciful, or Gentle, depending on who you ask).

Appearance:
    Slave_of_Bolas_by_SteveArgyle.jpg
    Bio:
    The events surrounding Elysiane's birth are unknown, as is the identity of her mother. Her father was Andorel the Bright, a Guardian of Good who possessed holdings in southern Elucidar. The Guardians were not yet numerous, as many were still in the process of rising to power in the wake of Mya's sacrifice, and it was a chaotic time for the forces of good so, as safe as it was, Andorel did not think his stronghold in the mountains was the place for a child. He sent her to be raised and educated in the city of Illoria, at a Cathedral renowned for being a place of learning and faith for Illorian nobles. Her education was long and arduous, but it instilled an appreciation for knowledge and a strong sense of moral compassion in the young celestine. She was taught the fundamentals of leadership and just rule alongside nobles from many great Elucidarian houses, but she was never a part of them and this seclusion made her naive in regards to human nature.

Once her education had reached its conclusion in the Cathedral, and her father determined her ready, she joined him in his mountain fortress to learn first hand the duties of a Guardian. By this time he had vanquished several upstart Overlords and while much of the continent was still embroiled in chaos, Elucidar was in a time of tentative peace, watched over in the south by Andorel the Bright and in the north by the Guardian Jeric Vale. Elysiane was taught how to fight, in single combat or amidst large and small groups, and quickly proved her proficiency with the bow and spear. She also began learning the paths of magic, for which her divine birth gave her a natural talent, and it was during this period that she became enamored with the arts of healing.

Living in her father's fortress was the first time she had been exposed to a large number of people with diverse backgrounds, and her time in Illoria surrounded by noble children trained in decorum and priests had not prepared her for the effect her beauty had on men. In fact, it was years before she realized what those effects were. Years spent living, training and fighting alongside each other, however, turned lust into love and respect, and many of Andorel's veterans began to see her as they would a daughter.

With peace, Andorel's wealth, and through wealth his influence, was growing. He was able to open two great mines in the mountains, closing down or merging previous operations, which brought a great deal of wealth to the city of Bolarnir and the surrounding lands. The operations even uncovered rich gold and gem veins, the profits from which allowed Andorel to begin a mighty project. Plans were laid and materials purchased for the contruction of a vast Cathedral which was to be raised on the plains, around a wild portal, a second sanctuary for Andorel from which his daughter could aid him in ruling greater lands, but Andorel would never see the structure completed.

War, brutal and quick, was ignited in the north and Sir Jeric Vale fell to a young Overlord brimming with fire and rancor. Disillusioned men flocked to the banner of Eren Felise, a visionary who sought a world ruled by mortals and mortals alone. Without their Guardian, Jeric's holdings quickly fell to her implacable will. Jeric had been Andorel's friend since youth, so when he heard the news he quickly began marshaling his forces to march north across the mountains and strike down the threat while she was still gaining her footing. He was expecting an organized rabble, but the force he encountered was far better prepared than he had anticipated. A brutal ambush in the mountains and equal numbers immediately put Andorel's force on the defensive.

Elysiane's company was separated from the rest of the force and surrounded, enemy archers kept her on the ground but even if they hadn't she would not have taken wing and abandoned her men. She stood her ground with her men, fighting to hold of the enemy while they awaited reinforcements, but before help came a woman wielding a spear carved a path through her men heading straight towards her. Their fight was short, Elysiane could tell from the onset that she was woefully outmatched in single combat and Eren scored several blows which sent her stumbling back, but before a finishing blow could be delivered Andorel's cavalry reached Elysiane's company and the Guardian engaged Eren in a dance of blades, buying time for his daughter and her men to push their way back to the main force.

Once Andorel's forces had regrouped Captain Zahkar organized a successful tactical retreat, but a good portion of their men had fallen to the ambush and Andorel himself had been severely wounded against the enemy Overlord, who possessed superior agility and range. Elysiane's, at the time, minor healing abilities were not enough to save her father's life and he passed on before they reached his sanctuary. Elysiane was grief stricken, but her father's remaining Captains swore themselves to her as their new Guardian and, considering what had happened to Jeric Vale's domain without his leadership, she could not abandon her duty to the people her father had raised her to defend.

Over the next several years she completed the construction of Andorel Cathedral, named in her father's honour, and left his empty stronghold behind in the mountains. From there, she began working on strengthening her position in Elucidar and reassuring the people that they would remain safe under her care as they did under her father's. Now, seven years have passed since her father's death and Elysiane has grown in both strength and maturity, unfortunately, so has Eren Felise.

Preferred Equipment: Light Armor (Fine Leather or Mail) that is made for flying, a Glaive or Quarterstaff, and a powerful longbow.
  • Standard

Physical
    [6]

Magic
    [5]

Command
    [2]

Wealth
    [8]

Influence
    [6]

Dedication
    [3]
    Wing'ed
    Healing
    Hands

Tactical
    Retreat
    Leather
    Body of
    A God

Hero
    Worship

Grace of
    the
    Panther
    Revive Paladin Iron
    Call To
    Arms
    Ingenuous

Eye of
    the Eagle
    Holy Aura   Steel
    Counter
    Spy

Wisdom
    Before
    Imp...
    Celestine
    Summon
    Cherubim

Small
    Lands

Always
    Rewarded

Beautiful
    Summon
    Angels

Normal
    Lands

Good
    Loremasters

Voice of
    Honesty

Big Lands
    Scholar  

Gold Mine

Gem Mine    

Special
    • Fortune of Battle: What Elysiane herself lacks in tactical skill, she can sometimes make up for with good luck. When chance favors her, an oversight on her part can turn into an advantage, or an enemy's plan can be foiled by coincidence; her less perceptive foes will not be able to tell if it was blind luck or ingenious planning. (i.e. She might guide her army into a trap before it's ready to be sprung and catch the enemy off guard, or a mix-up in orders could put pikemen in the right place at the right time to halt flanking cavalry). The Dice Gods are never appeased.

• Gentle Heart: While Elysiane may be willing to cut a swath through the enemy in the defense of the innocent, she does not like to kill when it it unnecessary. For some foes, her genuine compassion and concern for their well-being can persuade them to share information with her (or in rare instances, join her), even in times when her sheer beauty fails.

• The Duchy of Illoria
      Land Types: Plains and Mountains

Illoria - Coastal Walled City (Plains) [165]
      Bolarnir - Coastal Walled City (Mountainous) [165]
      Furth - Human Town (Plains) [40]
      Muador - Human Town (Plains) [40]
      Riarson - Human Town (Mountainous) [40]
      Castigan Hills - Human Village (Mountainous) [20]
      Great Mines x2 [80]
      Advanced Farms x14 [420]
      Foresters x5 [50]
      Druidic Stone Circle (Mountainous) [20]
      Druidic Stone Circle (Plains) [20]
      Paved Roads [30 Total]
      Abandoned Stronghold x1 [100]
      Ruins x1 (Mountainous) [100]

1290 Land Points Used
      0 Leftover

Andorel Cathedral
      Plains
      Pristine Quality Super-Cathedral [300]
      Expanded Barracks [25]
      Purification Room [25]
      Library [25]
      Prison [25]
      Wells[50]
      Meat Stores [75]
      Siege Engines [100]
      Holy Moat [200]
      Armoured Treasury [50+50]
      Alchemical Labs [100]
      Choir Wall [150]
      Armory [25]
      Advanced Siege Engines [100]
      Large Smithy [50]

1350 Sanctuary Points Used
      0 Leftover
    • The Seven

• hope_by_diogocarneiro-d630ign.jpg

• A warrior from the Mountain-City of Bolarnir, Ithryn Zahkar has made a name for himself as a formidable warrior and an experienced tactician. His preferred method of fighting is with his mind, but when on the battlefield he splits evildoers in half with his claymore and is considered an insurmountable obstacle which has earned him his nickname, the Boulder. He was a friend of Elysiane's father, Andorel, though no Paladin himself. He is second only to Elysiane. He specializes in holding positions, and defending cities.
          • Weapon Mastery II
          • Tactician I

• Sunwielder_by_ericDeschamps.jpg

• Among the Paladins of Illoria who have joined Elysiane's cause, none are more respected than Sir Galidar. A master of both blade and staff, he serves as an example of virtue and righteous fury that inspires his men to great acts of valor in the name of the Light. Though he is a man of strong passions, his ability to restrain his emotions and keep himself calm and collected has earned him the title Stone-Face among his men. He is in charge of the armies cavalry forces.
            • Weapon Mastery I
            • Leader I
            • Magic - Holy Aura
          • assassin_by_shenfeic-d7adqas.jpg

• The dashing and mysterious Captain of the Sword Infantry. Nakamir was a travelling sword with questionable morals before he joined Elysiane's cause, but is now renowned among her men for his unwavering loyalty and skill with the blade. Years spent on different battlefields in different lands have apprised him of the gritty nature infantry tactics, and he is not afraid to fight on the front lines with his men when he needs to. Leading by example is his forte, and he gives his men a fine example of how to survive.
              • Weapon Mastery I
              • Armour Expert
              • FIGHT ME! Nakamir has a way to challenge, mock or otherwise engage enemy officers, captains or champions, engaging them in personal combat, dueling one on one on the battlefield. If he slays the enemy captain it will surely break morale of the troops that captain was in command off, the same counts however if they severely injure or kill Nakamir.
            • rose_red_by_dsillustration-d6lz7bj.jpg

• Though younger and less experienced than the other captains, Amara makes up for her youth with her devotion to the cause. Her men know that she gives her all on and off the battlefield, and they love her for it. Despite primarily fighting with sword and shield, she has taken command of the spearmen and often uses them in lethal conjunction with Nakamir, who has taken her under his wing.
                • Armour Expert
                • Magic - Healing Hands
                • Magic - SMITE EVIL!
              • grand_master_by_katemaxpaint-d4dsihx.jpg

• While not a warrior of great renowned, or an experienced general, Zeratus is an expert of logistics and resource management who serves as an important advisor to Elysiane, as well as an administrator in her Cathedral. His knowledge of trade and economic processes has proved crucial in keeping her army supplied so far.
                  • Tactician II
                  • Senechal's Eye, Zeratus has been in charge of the books for a long time under Elysiane and as he goes over the books or meets with people he has a chance of spotting discrepancies, noting some people getting funds, gifts or are acting out of the ordinary that might indicate them being bribed, blackmailed or have potentially acted nefariously, he has a chance to sniff it out and report it.
                • falconer_by_cristi_b-d5s56do.jpg

• The Captain of Elysiane's archers and foresters, Balor is a skilled ranger who came to her cause when he was ousted from the forests by dark forces. His skills as an archer and tracker haven't dulled, and have proven as useful on the plains and mountains as they were in the forest. He also keeps a Falcon, named Daveth, and some say he can communicate with it though in truth it has likely just been trained to respond to certain signals or cues.
                    • Weapon Mastery I
                    • Survivor
                    • Eye of the Eagle
                  • kings_of_the_realm_by_grafit_art-d7pwk1i.jpg

• Ithryn is Elysiane's towering shield, but Gazain is her blade. He is a relentless attacker, more at home cornering his enemies on the field than standing atop stone walls. He is often brash and confident, but never recklessly so, and his ego is supported by his skills on the battlefield. Although Elysiane's force is rarely on the offensive, when it is he is at its head.
                      • Weapon Mastery II
                      • Leader I
                • Summoned Units
                  20 Cherubim
                  100 Angels

Regular Units
                  *All Units Will Be Human

200 Units Swordsmen (2,000) [2,000]
                  50 Units Axemen (500) [500]
                  100 Units Spearmen (1,000) [1,000]
                  100 Units Pikemen (1,000) [1,000]
                  100 Units Archers (1,000) [2,000]
                  50 Units Crossbowmen (500) [1,250]
                  50 Units Knights (500) [2,500]
                  25 Units Horse Archers (250) [1,000]
                  5 Units Siege Engineers (100) [200]
                  30 Units Paladin Knights (300) [3,000]

Total/Cost
                  8,850 Humans [11,450 Gold]
                  300 Paladins [3,000 Gold]
                  7 Human Captains (350)

14,800 Gold Spent

Last edited by a moderator:
                "Their change between wolf and (wo)man is entirely voluntary, and doesn't stop in the middle, they are either men or wolves not both at the same time."
                Kadaeux has confirmed when asked directly, through steam admittingly, that they were like skyrim werewolves.

Perhaps he meant that the werewolves arent like these half assed attempts at werewolves:
                images

Alright, well then there value has shot up considerably (though technically, it's remaining where it was and only my perception of them has changed).

On another note I am confirming that I'm Fubuki's Nemesis.
                Though Sarz has addressed this as a mistake he made during his rolling there is also this...

Because Werewolves can use weapons :p Unlike the more traditional werewolves these ones are much more intelligent as a werewolf. Also werewolves are only their "werewolf" self during set conditions (nighttime etc) during the rest of the time they wear weapons and armour like everyone else :p

ON ANOTHER NOTE!

The world you'll be doing evil!!!! (or good blegh :p) in.

This image and nation descriptions will be added to the title post today.

EDIT: I will note that players won't get to choose what nations they end up in, placements will be based on chose terrain and nemesis (if there is one)

BuW4i3Q.jpg

Last edited:
                *Elysiane the Radiant*
                You, uh, wouldn't happen to be looking for a nemesis, would you?

I have noticed that people are taking to the whole "Angel-Hybrid" now. That's a lot of feathers in bed.

Just wait until the next version of Overlords and Guardians :p

I'm planning on doubling the number of possible traits to choose from for both sides :p

You, uh, wouldn't happen to be looking for a nemesis, would you?
                It looks like great minds think alike, as soon as I started considering a nemesis I stopped at your sheet (which was also the first one I looked at, it's literally still open in another tab).

I'm planning on doubling the number of possible traits to choose from for both sides :p
                Giants.

There had better be Giants. ;_;

It looks like great minds think alike, as soon as I started considering a nemesis I stopped at your sheet (which was also the first one I looked at, it's literally still open in another tab).
                I don't know what I have to do with greats minds but this sounds like an agreement.

Also, can I just point out that there's a Territory literally called Pil'lage?

Alright, my sheet is totally completed and according to my mathematical skills all my points and funds are balanced. I'm ready for it to be reviewed.

Somebody give me a link for a site with decent dark elf/drow and dwarves pics. D:

Status
                Not open for further replies.