Overlords and Guardians; Age of Antagonism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably should have mentioned this earlier, but my sheet is also ready for review.
holy number of griffons batman! 33 griffons, thats a lot of beasties. Dunno if its allowed but ill let kad judge that one since its tied to a special of yours too, no explicit rule it says someone cant have a completely filled aviary of beasties after all.

All seems to be in order number crunching wise

Captain Traits:
Aerite:
Weapon Mastery 1
Leader 1
Couragious Presence, Aerite inspires courage with her presence among the troops alone, spurring them on to keep fighting no matter the odds standing against them. She just has to make sure she is not seen falling in battle.

Irena:
Weapon Mastery 1
Tactician 2

Ysldor:
Weapon Mastery 1
Armour Expert
The Unkillable, everything she has faced, experienced and fought with, coming from all of that alive has indeed left a lasting impression on Ysldor, manifesting itself into a almost palpable aura around her, enemies she faces in combat will feel reluctant to challenge her, as if knowing that even if they land a blow on her she will just survive and keep on fighting.

Tahlie:
Weapon Mastery 1
Survivor
Eye of the Eagle

Nessia:
Weapon Mastery 2
Magic - Bestow Penance

Simeon:
Weapon Mastery 1
Leader 1
Tactician 1

Thean:
Weapon Mastery 1
Leader 1
Eye of the Eagle

Shrakleer:
Weapon Mastery 2
Magic - Evil Exorcism

Hurgekk:
Weapon Mastery 1
Leader 1
Might of the Bear

• Thank You
Reactions: Holmishire
As was said previously in the thread, "Always"

Kad rarely closes his roleplays, particularly at the start of them. So yea feel free to start working up a character mate.

• Daemon Queen Dianth Vexel

Preferred Equipment: Flamberge, assortment of concealed knives, poisons, breastplate, bracers, crystal necklace
    Treasury: 15100 GP

Relentless Siege: Dianth's men are conditioned through years of service. They are slow to tire, eager to please and live for the thrill of battle. As the battle wears on and the ground is stained with blood and the air is filled with the screams of the dying, they are only invigorated. These relentless men and women are terrifying to those who are unaccustomed to such conditions. [Effects: As battle wears on, passive bonus to army and chance to incite fear]

Daemonic Transformation: Dianth possesses knowledge of a long forgotten of powerful daemonic magic. Through the inscription of runes into her flesh, she has mastered the ability to manifest in the form of a greater daemon and all the prowess that they possess for a duration of time. [Reroll Physical tree and add 2 skills for a duration of time.]

Physical
    [3]
    Magic
    [8]
    Command
    [3]
    Wealth
    [6]
    Influence
    [2]
    Dedication
    [8]
    Daemon Breed Summon Efreeti Imp Telepathic Command Furs Disenchanted Priests Fanatical Leadership
    Great Wings Summon Incubi/Succubi Harpies Goblin Iron Dark Loremasters Spirited Leadership
    Dirty Trickster Summon Daemonic Infantry Lionataurs Small Lands   Infernal Ambitions
      Summon Higher Daemon   Normal Lands   Wiser Than She Looks
      Gateway   Big Lands   Dominator
      Curse Magic   Pillaging Experts   You Can't Kill the Messiah
      Fire Magic       Wave of Despair
      Plagues of the Eternal       Doubtless Loyalty
    Biography: Thirty-two years ago, Dianth was born to a moderately sized mining town named Vossheim, raised by her mother at the brinks of the town out in the woods away from public scrutiny. Rumours flew here and there about the witch of the town and her daemonic offspring, but no one was bold enough to explore the edge of the town and actually investigate the curious child.

Her father was a non-factor in her childhood. He simply never existed as far as she knew. If she had been amongst the villagers, she might have heard the whisperings about how he was a daemon. Perhaps it was even true. It would explain her wings and small horns. Perhaps it would even explain her mother's penchant for disappearing during nights of the full moon into the woods.

The curiosity of the girl began to get the best of her and she eventually followed her mother on one of these nights. It would be this night that she would uncover that her mother was hosting meetings of a coven of women to attempt summonings and magic rituals. Much to everyone's surprise, horror, and demise, it worked that night. They managed to summon the greater daemon Thalatauh at the expense of their own lives. However, she was bound into a pact at that moment with the child Dianth.

At that moment, though, Dianth was thrust into a world with no one to care for her but the daemon. The daemon, though, took on the role and began to teach her magic and the talents of summoning other daemons and forming pacts and other basic skills. Perhaps not as effectively as a parent might have sufficed, but it was proving to help Dianth well enough through the world as she studied in her cottage alone and utilized small daemons in order to provide for herself until she grew older.

She began to venture further and further out, hiding her daemonic features by folding her wings close and wearing cloaks. She began to explore her mountain town and found it hardly welcoming as the mine was going under. It was a dying town and there was hardly anything to be had here. She needed room to grow, and at Thalatauh's urging, she took off for the city of Taeviel's Crossing.

It was there that she encountered her first friend, Odiara and they hired the sword of Gregor together. They made plans and began to travel the mountain expanses together. Odiara at first was untrusting of her talents with the daemonic arts but soon began to appreciate them for their uses, even if she found reasons to distrust the daemons, she trusted Dianth.

Of course, that all began to change as Dianth began to make more pacts with other daemons and they were no longer simply traveling as humble adventurers. Dianth set herself to making herself a known presence and securing power as a daemonic summoner for reasons even she was not sure she understood. It was in her head that she wanted more, but not land. Not quite power, perhaps simply to be secure that she was safe and things would not be taken from her so easily.

But as her powerbase grew, she began to commit greater atrocities. It began first at killing a few strangers for no apparent reason. Then entire towns. That was not enough, though. She began to pervert towns, traveling deeper into the mountains farther into Moorstear and perverting a temple town before burning it to the ground with her band of zealots. Of course, that was before she set a plague upon another village and allowed them slowly to die of disease.

Of all her crimes, her followers had never thought she would think so low as to fall in upon them, though. Certainly not upon her most inner circle, either, though. It was after she had sought council with Thalatauh and learned a long forgotten magic. Surely, she would have tested it out upon some hapless fool. None would have thought that hapless fool would have been her closest of friends, Odiara, though.

To this day, their friendship has suffered as the lionataur is wracked with physical pain and is tormented with her visage. Yet, the overlord seems hardly effected. She continues on with her her conquest. The only things she seems truly frightful of is that her progression will stop or that the daemons she is in pact with will decide they are no longer satisfied with the terms of their arrangements and turn upon her. Yet, for that very reason, she will stop at nothing to see that they are appeased.

• In the clearing of the mountain woods, the coven circle lay dead about a single woman with great wings and horns, the rift behind her sealed and the strong scent of brimstone and something sweet about her. A child stands shivering in the autumn air nearby in horror as the daemon looks about in curiousity.

"I have been summoned. Why? It was you, was it not?"

"I- I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Come now, child... You have paid for the pact in full. I am at your service," she strides forward, the light dusting of snow melts at her feet as she approaches closer towards the child.

"What happened to my mother? Is she okay? She... I don't know what happened... I just followed her, I know she told me not to..." The child is breathing heavily as she looks at the scene, backing away into the treeline surrounding the clearing, quivering in fear as the daemon approaches ever closer, though this was the first woman she had ever seen that looked so much like her.

"What is your name, child? Are you by yourself here?" her voice is soft and soothing as she comes closer and crouches before the child.

"D-Dianth... I... I followed my mother... I... I'm from the nearby town."

"Is your father there? Could I bring you to him?"

"My father? I... I don't know him. He's never been there." Her eyes are wide as she looks at the daemon. "Who are you?"

"My name is Thalatauh... Now, I am going to ask you some questions. I will have you answer them, as this is how things work with my kind, Dianth. Are you scared?"

She pauses before nodding quickly. "Yes..."

"Your mom isn't okay. Do you need someone to take care of you?"

Dianth quivers as tears begin to well up, "Y-yes..."

"Do you need someone to teach you how to take care of yourself?"

She bites her lip, "Yes."

"Then the pact has been made. These things will be taken care of. Come... We will get you out of the cold, Dianth.

---

Thalatauh was the first greater daemon to enter Dianth's service, and by sheer accident. She encountered her as a child and ever since they have been at each other's beck and call... Or more so, Thalatauh has been at Dianth's. The curiousity of their daemon-summoner relationship seems to be in the fact that each time Dianth calls upon her and asks of her her price, the daemon seems to forego price at the time and assure her there will be a price some day, but never speaks of what such a price may be.

While this may leave Dianth uneasy as to what such a great price may be, it does not leave Dianth any less likely to call upon the daemon for her services. If the daemon is so willing to work with her and peaceably, then who is she to deny her services. To be fair, though, working with her for so long has left her feeling bonded to the daemon and almost looking to her as a paternal figure. Though, she does attempt to keep herself grounded that there is no possibility that a daemmon would hold any sort of parental sentiment for a mortal in return. The idea is simple folly. Surely, there will come a day that Thalatauh will ask a price of her, she simply hopes the cost will not be too great.

• The Hell Rift spreads open, rot pours through like an amorphous blob before recomposing with bones and structure into the form of a woman. The chamber fills with the scent of decay, overpowering the summoner so that it is all she can do to back up from the summoning circle and keep from breaking the circle with her own urge to retch.

A multitude of whispers rush from the woman from too many mouths on what might be her gown or body, it is hard to tell from her terrible form. Finally from her face, one voice speaks louder and the others echo, "So this is the supposed Daemon Queen. The one they call Dianth. We have heard of you. Yes. They speak of you in Hell." She seems to have trouble concentrating as she looks down over herself, her hand reaching down before hushing the mouths of herself.

"You... You know of me?"

"... We do... You have made a name for yourself... Pacts with quite a number of daemons... Three greater daemons already. And still you seek more... You are hungry for power, aren't you. We take notice. Not long now, perhaps you will even earn the eye of one of the Princes. Now that will be the day. We would be worried if we were you."

"I am not hungry for power, daemon. I am just making my way in a world that demands it of you."

"Of course, of course. Whatever were we thinking... But of course, we must be the one you seek pact with next. Whatever could we offer you, though. We are just one of many. We are not like the others you have in service. We have... Different demands." The tendrils of her decay, with too many great seeking eyes begin to probe the edges of her confines, tapping the edges of the summoning circle and seeking for an exit.

"I would know your demands. But I would know who... All of you are, first. To... who all do I speak?"

There is a moment of hushed whispers, too quiet for the summoner to make out before the head speaks up, "We are the rot of the hells. The decay that is cast aside and left. The dank and darkness that many think nothing of. The plague that spreads and grows and none think twice of before it has grown too great." The voices grow to a crescendo as it announces in a banshee's shriek, "We are Sleiphniir."

"And what do you demand, Sleiphniir?"

The revolting figure of limbs and rot shudders at it announces in the same shout, "I. Require. Pestilence!"

She shudders and recoils, "And how am I supposed to bring this to you?"

"Make it so, and I will grant you your service as others have!"

---

Sleiphniir is one of the horrors of the daemonic realms that Dianth has encountered. Her entire form screams of wrongness to the Daemon Queen and each time Dianth fulfills her pact, it only seems to add to it as her form seems to grow and the number of voices seem to have been added to. The first instance of this seems to have been when Dianth brought plague to a distant village and brought Sleiphniir there to see the dying villagers. The daemon collected her harvest in the night and by dawn left a ghost town.

The daemon only appears to thrive in darkness and decay. However, Dianth has admittedly found that where others might fail to be subtle, Sleiphniir has a knack for quiet and quick, the queen of fading into the shadows and being forgotten entirely. It was no lie in their first meeting.

• The Hell Rift opens within the confines of Dianth's new lair, it was an unstable new thing, so close to the domains of hell that it was easier to summon such creatures. A pentagram circle is made into the floor in a combination of different metals in a vast ring to ensnare the one she ensnares. However, she wonders if it will even fit, the daemon coming through is so large with four legs and massive body. He looses a guttural roar, throwing back a great mane, brimstone flaring along his throat and belly as runes encircle his wrists and back before flickering and dying out.

"Who doth disturb me from my realm?"

"You ought know the rules, as should all daemons. Names are power."

"... Ah, a mortal with some sense. Someone has learned you in our ways." He peers down at her and narrows his eyes. "No, you are more like us than I thought, perhaps. That is it. I command you lesser daemon, release me from this prison."

"That would be a service to you and a danger to my own life. Not yet. What might I call you, great daemon?"

"Some respect at least for your superiors, mortal..." He ponders a moment, pacing the confines of the circle like a caged predator, eyes never leaving the summoner. "I am the daemon of corruption, I see an end to those who worship and pervert their beliefs. I am the twister of all that is righteous and would see the end. You may call me Kraavtuan."

"Kraavtuan. The Defiler... What made you answer my summons?"

"I did not answer your summons, mortal. You so rudely ripped me from my realms... Curious, though, that one such as yourself would have the capability. But it matters not... What do you ask of me?"

"I would know your price, that I might call upon your services in the future, Defiler."

"You think that you could pay my price, mortal?" He booms out in laughter, stamping all four feet as he slaps his great torso. "You are rich! Allow me to humour you, but only once!"

"And what do you mean by this?"

"I will answer your summons... But only once. Prove to me, that you can destroy and pervert the devout. And perhaps I might agree to a pact with you... Fail... And I will show you the price of wasting my time."

With a rumble and a peel of thunder, Kraavtuan disappears through the Hell Rift once more, leaving Dianth with nothing but his promise.

---

Kraavtuan was the third Greater Daemon to join Dianth's pacts after being pleased with her performance after displaying to him a small order of zealots devout to her name, worshipping her as their new god following her into battle in order to destroy a mountain village devoted to the Gods. As she summoned him into battle, he lay witness to the battle ensue, the churches burned to the ground and the followers of Dianth lay victorious, praising her name.

The greater daemon's chosen form to appear in is perhaps a large and imposing figure, but he is perhaps one of the most flexible ones in her service. His skills range far and wide. He has both the talents to subvert and destroy and he is not afraid to show off. He delights most in tasks that subvert the gods and his celestial counterparts, though he is more acceptable than some in completing tasks that have him working other odd jobs, so long as he has other means of payment equal in value.

• "Who?! WHO SUMMONS ME!? WHERE IS THE TITHE, THE BLOOD, THE BONES, THE FLESH!?"

"All in due time... I am the one who summons you forth, and I will not speak freely a syllable of my name, unless that is what you wish payment for your services."

He hesitates before howling and thrashing against his pentagrammatic confines, "NO NO NO! BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD! I DEMAND BLOOD!"

"So you have said. What might I call you?"

"..." Ichor splatters to the floor from the skeletal visage as he continues to rage against the confines of his entrapment.

"Speak and you will have your payment, daemon! The first of many, I assure you!"

"I am known by many names! I am the blood-hungry, the flesh-hunter, but none so famous as the butcher! You may know me as Xosgostoin?"

"... I... Am afraid I do not... Why did you answer my call?"

"..." He looks at her simply with hollow eyes, brimming with fire, four limbs folding over his chest.

"Do you have an answer for me?"

"What are you willing to pay for a word from my lips, mortal? I have said enough already. The tithe, a sealing of our pact! I DEMAND MY BLOOD!"

A clamor can be heard and then screaming as someone struggles. As she returns, she has a blade gripped in one hand and a scraggly man in the other. She raises her head questioningly and Xosgostoin nods in approval. Pleading ripples through the summoning chamber before an ear-splitting shriek that fades to burbling splutters as blood soaks the stone-floor and rolls towards the pentagramatic circle.

"Oh! Oh yes, you might just be a daemon child yet. I had my wonderings, but that certainly sealed any doubts in my mind." He chuckles gleefully, hands reaching down and smearing in the blood before running it over his face like paint.

"You relish in the shedding in blood. I imagine you would thrill in doing it yourself even more... I offer you this, Xosgostoin the Butcher. Grant me your strength, and there will be blood enough for you. All of it you could wish."

A low rippling growl leaves the daemon before forming into a rattling cackle. "This is why I answered your summons, mortal." And with that, the hell rift opens once more and the daemon is gone, followed with only a haunting cackle, "You can expect me to answer you calls once more."

---

Xosgostoin was the second greater daemon to answer Dianth's summons. He is a bloody brute that tends to answer to the summons of war and relishes in the thrill of battle. Anything that demands a rough and brutish skill is often his greatest strengths lend towards.

Slaughter, madness, and a hint of humor, if you can believe it, he is one of Dianth's greatest assets even if she is loathe to admit it. She is reluctant to release him from her service even as he demands greater amounts of blood every time he is summoned. The greatest part of her conquests against the world is often in order to summon this hellmonster into the mortal realm and pay him for his services. His rampages are fierce and long-running and even she has trouble controlling him at times once he gets into the heat of the moment.

The only thing she can seem to do is at least persuade him away from those that are at least allied with her and set him upon a path of destruction against her marked enemies. Either way, he is still a prominant reason for her rise in power and she owes him much, though she would never admit it to a daemon. After all, that is why she pays him in blood. The pact is paid, and will continue to be paid, for she fears what will happen the day he is unsatisfied with their pact.

• Eleteia

Race: Lionataur
      Preferred Equipment: Longsword, daggers, poisons, smoke bombs, dancer clothing
      Biography: Eleteia was from the mountain city of <to be named.> There she would often spend her days as one of the many daytime performers, dancing and making as much as she could in that manner. It was enough for a while but in a mountain city struggling to meet the food demands of its people before Dianth's rise to power over the city, it was hardly enough to make ends meet.

So, she began to moonlight the only way many could at the time. She fell into the life of crime. At first it was the odd job here and there, a purse snatched, a coat stolen, things sold to merchants who were not too picky. It was hardly enough. The tasks began to grow worse until she found her hands stained with blood.

When Dianth made her attempt on the city, Eletaia was amongst the first to switch sides. The city may have a wall, but the woman had demons and warriors, not half-starved militia. She offered her trade to the daemon queen, so long as she was promised a steady meal and a definite place to rest her head at the end of the day.

Traits:
      Weapon Mastery 3
      Dirty Trickster
      Night-Sight
      Animal Magnetism
      , Eletia was once a dancer and captured the attention and looks of any who watched her dance, desiring her. Wielding it like a tool, a weapon in her days of crime she now uses it still in her service to the Demon Queen, surprising even those not of lionataur origin who somehow feel a attraction to her if she uses this talent.

• Ragirast

Preferred Equipment: Flamberge, gladiator armour
      Biography: Ragirast is not from within the domains currently conquered by Dianth. While he is getting on in years for a lionataur and marred with scars, he is still in peak physical condition from years as a gladiator. He recites tales of his years as a champion in the arenas at every chance he gets, brimming with pride of his glory years and assured of future conquests to come.

He traveled for this very reason, so sure he would conquer more of the world. So sure he would spread his name to further corners of the world. And he has no doubts that the way he can do this is through Dianth's conquests. Who cares if a few innocents die along the way. They will remember the mighty Ragirest as he charges upon the battlefield yet! All shall know his name!

Traits:
      Weapon Mastery 3
      Ironskin
      Leader 2

• Odiara

Preferred Equipment: nothing but her body
      Biography: Odiara was amongst the first in Dianth's ranks when she began to besiege the world at the behest of her daemonic entourage. Odiara was her protector, her friend, and her advisor. She seemed to have excellent commanding advise whenever it was needed and correct her whenever it was needed. She always was there to stop a stray attacker. She was, quite possibly, a friend to the daemon queen.

However, when Dianth learned the arts to her daemonic transformation, before she inscribed it upon herself, she looked for a candidate to perfect the method upon before preparing it upon herself. She considered other candidates, sure, but they were... Not ideal. She needed someone she could count not to overthrow her should they actually become empowered by the inscriptions. And with that, she began to experiment upon the lionataur woman and distort her form horribly.

It has had its advantageous side-effects, surely... But there has been some contempt left behind for being used as a test subject.

Traits:
      Daemonically Corrupted, the experiments wrought upon her flesh and form have induced many transformations upon the former Lionataur. Her feline body transforming, growing serpentince scales, her tail turning into a stinger, changing her eyes to those of a serpent as well. The pain she feels will last with her forever but her appearance will make lesser minds believe they are facing a demon from the hells.
      Ironskin
      Bilious Breath
      Martial Artist 2
      Thermal-Sight

• Augrius

Preferred Equipment: longbow and quiver, longsword, throwing knives, a pack to set traps
      Biography: Augrius, unlike many of the lionataurs that make their homes in the mountain villages, had been outcast at a young age from his home in the mountains and made his way down the treacherous mountain. Each place he went, it was much the same story until he finally made his way to the swamp regions. At first, he was miserable, too hot and the misquitos were a fresh nightmare.

Yet, the population was so scarce. The only people he seemed to meet were the loggers and trappers who began to regard him as a spirit of the marsh as he spirited from hiding spot to hiding spot, terrified of them discovering him and treating him to one of the many tortures he had suffered so far in his life for his obvious unorthodox heritage.

Avoiding society like this, he had to fend for himself somehow... So he stole a bow... And he got pretty good with it... He began to watch the trappers set the traps... And he got pretty good at that too... And soon enough, he was a genuine man of nature, living off the wild.

At least, until Dianth began to spread her influence in order to erect great farms to feed the mountain population. In her expansion into the swamps, it just so happened that the very party she was in stumbled upon him... And she recognized him for what he was and the skill he possessed. And for the first time, Augrius was greeted with a smile.

Traits:
      Weapon Mastery 3
      Night-Sight
      Tactician 1
      Leader 1

• Kalia

Race: Harpy
      Preferred Equipment: talons
      Biography: When the mountains were on the brink of famine in the past, the harpies had been the first to find their solution. Hunting in packs, they turned their sights upon the helpless humans who had no way to defend themselves otherwise, swooping them into the skies and tearing them apart. They began to held strong while the other races grew weak... And amongst them was Kalia, who delighted in this new lifestyle far more than her kin.

The thrill of the hunt, the quench of her thirst and the sate of her hunger were all new to her... And when the importation of food from the swamps by Dianth began, the need for such pack hunting began to disappear. Her sisters began to thieve and raid, finding it far more rewarding and far less risky.

No longer was Kalia's awakened needs met. She began to venture out alone and attempt to ambush and drink life from human peasants. A few times she was successful. Yet, her luck ran out.

She was shot down by a party after mistakenly attacking a scout led by Augrius on his first patrol being observed by the Daemon Queen herself. The execution blow was about to be delivered before she called it off. It would seem she was curious, as to why not only a sole harpy but how she had managed to maneuvre out of the way out of so many arrows before being hit.

Traits:
      Martial Artist 2
      Cannibal
      Air Magic

• Breeze

Race: Human
      Preferred Equipment: a few small knives, a couple of knick-knacks and toys for tricks and pranks
      Biography: Quite unlike Kalia, who merely strayed from the flock by her insatiable bloodlust, Breeze is an eccentric. Of course, she tried slaughtering people. She hated it though. She does not enjoy doing it and tries to avoid doing so if at all possible. No, in reality, she spends most of her time pulling cruel pranks upon people and giggling madly to herself.

Of course, in the mountains in the middle of winter, perhaps breaking all the sign posts leading the way and watching them stumble about in the wrong direction, aimless was in fact killing them... They never saw her though, no, they might ask her the right way and that would just ruin all the fun!

Or at least she thought they did not. It took them almost a full day, but one of the scouts just barely spotted the white-winged harpy flitting from cover-to-cover. Much to her disdain, she was finally called out on her game... And invited to a new one by Dianth beyond the secluded mountain passes.

Quite to Breeze's surprise, it was Dianth who revealed to the misguided Breeze that she was not in fact a harpy at all. It would explain to her why she was so lost as to fitting in with the the winged banshees. Of course, that still left the mystery as to who abandoned the winged girl in the mountains to be raised by the harpies in the first place.

Traits:
      Great Wings
      Dirty Trickster
      Sneaky 1

• Rosalie

Preferred Equipment: fur and chain link armour, longsword and axe
      Biography: Rosalie comes from no great background. She was not a warrior before coming into Dianth's service or even much of anything. What she was, actually was nothing more than a mere mineworker. A mine that currently is under the control of Dianth herself after a revolt of the miners...

It had been a rough life but it had made them strong, but it had seemed by the time Dianth's assault had reached the mine and looked to seize more able-bodied fighters and assets, none were more fierce than Rosalie herself. She was ready to strike back against the ones who had them working in the mines, and make them pay for every transgression they had made against them.

Rosalie led them all against them, a demon of fury in her own right and managed to capture the attention of Dianth that day and earn her place as a captain.

Traits:
      Weapon Mastery 1
      Leader 2

• Gregor

Preferred Equipment: plate armour, greatsword
      Biography: Quite simply put, he is a rotten bastard. Dianth despises him for everything he is and everything he represents but that is why she can trust him. The scourge of the earth that he is, so long as he is kept comfortable and pleased, he will do anything she wishes. Slimy, scummy, skeezy scum bag, he would not go back on his word as long as he recieved the worldly pleasures he was promised.

Gregor was a blade-for-hire that used to protect trade carts for a living in his prime. He was damned good at it. The best you might even say. That all turned sour one day when he was ambushed by harpies, most of his team died, he barely escaped with his life and his whole face was scarred to hell and from that day forth he turned to grog and lived in the gutter.

He wasn't too picky about his employer after that... His employers started getting a bit picky about him, though. Apparently, no one wants to higher a piss-drunk man who can barely hold himself up and smells like the worse end of a goblin (like you can tell which is the worse end with them.)

Of course, Dianth was still in her youth at the time, building up her forces and was not the most picky... And, of course, what she saw after even she had rejected hiring him astounded her. When she had begun to walk off, leaving the lousy drunk to rot, she was suddenly set upon by a group of thugs who sought to rob her.

Even though she was about to set a group of ifreeti imps upon them... It was like a sudden shift. Gregor charged in, sword gripped tight, no longer stumbling and eyes focused and cut down the band of men as if they were nothing. Of course, that was before promptly retching upon the front of her dress afterwords.

Traits:
      Weapon Mastery 2
      Armour Expert

• Lucinda

Preferred Equipment: fur armour, longbow, longsword, dagger, facemask
      Biography: Lucinda is a quiet mystery to most of the people of Dianth's campaign and rumour is all that many know about her. Of that, though, there are many things that many people have come to here and agree upon as common themes.

They say she is a swamp witch, that resided the lands that Dianth went to march upon to bring food to the mountains. During the campaign she appeared without a word and stopped an assassin from taking the life of their Daemonic Queen. With just as much mystique, she took up at the side of Dianth and became her vigilant shadow, alert to any dangers. They say there were many schemes to murder their Queen while she was exposed in the swamps, all foiled by the witch Lucinda.

Even grander yet, they speak of the assault of a heavenly cloisture, hidden away in the mountains and how during the siege, Lucinda's arrow struck true. She felled an celestial being that day, an angel. To this day, she wears some of its feathers, tied in its hair as a mark of her conquest.

Traits:
      Weapon Mastery 1
      Assassin 1
      Curse Magic

• Bertram

Preferred Equipment: Fur and plate armour, bastard sword, handwritten book of sermons
      Biography: He is a charismatic man and the face of the people, their voice and their figurehead. They speak through him and they respect him. Their wishes are known to him as he was always one of them, and he speaks the truth now, they are behind Dianth.

Bertram is the leader of a wide-movement of men who have rallied behind Dianth. He sees her as their new Dark Queen, their Daemonic Goddess and that she will lead them into a new age. The unworthy will be put in their place while the blessed people will be shown the path and made strong.

How he got these ideas, Dianth is unsure, but the perversion of the devout delights Kraavtuan the Defiler. Either way, Bertram fancies in giving sermons and offering litanies of prayer in the name of Dianth and they seem to stir and rally the fanatical numbers well enough. Even if they are a bit long-winded for her taste, she wouldn't hurt his feelings by telling him that, though.

Traits:
      Compelling Voice
      Compelling Scent
      Armour Expert

• The Demesne of the Daemon Queen

Land Types: Mountains/Swamps

Taeviel's Crossing, (Walled City, Mountains), the largest population under Dianth's control, it is also the most defensible and interesting locations she happens to own and have knowledge of. Taeviel's Crossing is a walled city nestled at the center of a rushing waterfall as a natural defense mechanism. The only entrances are two mountain passes at either side which have stone bridges barred by great steel gates. The city itself was created nearly 41 years ago, founded by one of the first guardians by the name of Taeviel who was greatly gifted with water magic and apparently froze the river into a great glacier for a time with water magic so the city could be built in its location.

Vossheim, (Town, Mountains), a decent sized town, largely populated by humans. Before Dianth seized control, it had been a dying mining town thanks to the fact the mine had been stripped clean of all its resources. The people of the town were growing poor and finding themselves in a sorry state. Many of them turned to the lives of highwaymen and petty banditry. The attitude of the town in general is hardly hospitable to most outsiders. Notable fact, this is also Dianth's hometown.

Blightmire, (Town, Swamps), this superstitious town is the largest in the swamp regions of the Daemon Queen's domain. It is largely a floating town built upon boards with planks suspended over the murky water from house to house. The largest city is the mayor's building, the title of which is passed on from generation-to-generation, another one of their superstitions as they believe the end of the mayoral line signifies the end of their blighted town as the spirit of the swamp that has haunted the town since its founding will come for her vengeance for crimes the founding fathers committed against her.

Stillwater, (Village, Swamps), a curious small town that specializes in collecting flora from the surrounding swamps and creating poultices from them and selling them to travelers. They are surprisingly potent. It is no wonder the town has earned itself quite a name for secretly being full of swamp witches. The women folk chuckle and shake their head at such accusations. The men nervously look around and get back to work.

Trundlehollow, (Village, Swamps), a simple town with award-winning hospitality and the finest, cozy little inn with the finest innkeeper you'll find without paying a king's ransom. The people are warm and welcoming to strangers, inviting them into their homes for company and a nice meal, often asking for news of their travels. They often share in sport and games and welcome them to their celebrations and town rituals. The only thing wrong is some traveling parties often report some of their friends disappearing and never coming back. They probably just fell into bed with a sweet young woman after consuming too much ale, right?

Hyzan's Pride, (Lionataur Race-Specific Village, Mountains), the only lionataur specific village in Dianth's domain, it is a fierce village to say the least. Many of the houses are enormous to accommodate their large frames and at the center of the village is a wide fighting ring where many of the men go to pass the time by challenging each other to rank themselves against each other to try and see who will lead the village as their Champion each year. The Champion is often the official spokesperson of the town and is meant to represent all the strength and brutality Hyzan's Pride has to offer.

The Veiled Peak, (Harpy Race-Specific Village, Mountains), the mountain's crest, the highest peak of the mountain and the closest thing to the heaven's, the harpies boast their mountain village to be make them the masters of the mountains. Their village is nestled at the mountain top where the bitter cold and snow assaults their deeply burrowed mountain homes. The bitter cold and height make the journey hard on those without the assistance of wings to speed it. The precarious perches only makes near certain one will die unless the residents of the village wish them to visit.

The Gibbering Mines, (Great Mines, Mountains), these mines once had another name before Dianth incited a revolt amongst the workers and had them overthrow those who forced them to work and abused them. Blood ran and soaked the mines that day. They say the screams still echo in the mines to this day. These days, the mines are worked more voluntarily... But people say they here muttering and whispers from deep in the mines, coming from no one. Its enough that some of the workers begin to go into fits and begin to mutter themselves, getting the Gibbers themselves. While they praise the day Dianth freed the mines yet, there are many who are certain the mines are cursed.

Forgotten Ruins of Rushweed Bogs, (Ruins, Swamps), on her exploits to expand her domain to bring food to the mountains by building farms in the swamplands, Dianth discovered these ruins in the Rushweed Bogs. She has asked some of her recruits information about the ruins about the ruins, but has found out little to no information. She has decided to err on the side of caution and plan an expedition for the future to uncover its secrets... When she has a break from her conquests, of course.

Taeviel's Keep, (Abandoned Stronghold, Mountains), the keep of the guardian Taeviel himself. It took a great deal of research for Dianth to find the home of the now long dead Guardian who shared a general region with her, but she managed to do so. Whatever secrets could possibly await inside, she could hardly know, though.

10 Advanced Farms
      2 Trappers
      2 Logging Camps
      Cobblebone Roads

• The Baleful Bastion: Lair of the Daemon Queen

Type: Hell Rift Fortress
      Quality: Excellent

Barracks x3
      Torture Chamber
      Library
      Harem
      Wells x2
      Meat Stores x2
      Lava Moat
      Alchemical Laboratory
      Wailing Wall
      Armoured Vault
      Armoury x2
      Dungeons
      Siege Engines
      Large Smithy

• Army of the Daemon Queen

Humans (Foot) Human (Mounted) Harpies
    3000 Fanatics 100 Dark Cavalry 300 Harpy Hunters
    1000 Archers 100 Horse Archers 600 Harpy Raiders
    400 Crossbowmen 100 Black Knights Lionataurs
    250 Spearmen 100 Siege Engineers 300 Lionataur Blades
    250 Swordsmen        
    Summoning Chart
    Efreeti Imps 320
    Daemonic Infantry 160
    Incubi/Succubi 32
    Greater Daemons 4

Last edited:
My stuff is ready too, in case you missed it.
Traits seem in order, specials up to kad as always.

Lands/sanctuary costwise

Army, nitpicking, I know but

45 Ogier Gardeners (450)

No paying half cost, you pay full price for full unit size, no halving.

Captains:
Harad:
Armour Expert
Weapon Mastery 1
Holy Magic (type of magic that has some healing factors, some undead & demon repelling but not as strong as the actual spells healing hands and banish undead)

Legnar:
Weapon Mastery 1
Leader 2

Encindal:
Weapon Mastery 1
Tactician 1
Leader 1

Allan:
Weapon Mastery 2
Tactician 2
Advisor, Allan is a strong advisor. He may even end up being used as a conduit by the GM to pass along intuition that can help... or hinder if you have no luck.

Intami:
Weapon Mastery 2
Leader 1
Eye of the Eagle
*Also conferred with Kad, this versions naga are more like Warcraft Naga (but good aligned) and only have 2 arms, not 4

Grenda:
Siege Engineer
Leader 3
Weapon Mastery 1

Finally got around to pay attention to this trait along with Kad to pass judgment over it. The reason why Kadaeux forbade demon summoning and undead summoning to be taken together for overlords was to prevent enormous summoned armies. So this special is denied unfortunately.

Well shit. I'll come up with some kind of replacement special on Monday when I'll be able to use something other than my phone for internet things.

Changing/replacing a special:

Shroud of Darkness, the sun is such a eyesore for her plans, revealing everything in it's bright light and somehow invigorating enemy forces, especially the forces of justice and 'good'. So she has developed a spell to change that, using her control of magic she draws together a blanket of clouds, the gray and dark rain clouds that will hide the sun and cover the field in a shroud of darkness, demoralizing her foes. (Works only on guardian forces)

To:

Dance Macabre, Gennevë has experimented with undead for a long time now and has developed a ritual, a chant to be precise that is the accumulation of years of research. As the need call for it she can suddenly begin chanting, singing arcane words like a funeral dirge. Some might look odd at her for doing so but the effects of this chant on her undead... weapons are hold firmer, the witchlights in their eyes shine brighter as her animated dead suddenly move faster than normal, their blows stronger than before as the chant invigorates them, enhancing the necromantic energies used in their creation. The drawback is that she need to concentrate on her chanting and cannot move or use other magic as she performs this feat of magic.

Sarzu said:
No paying half cost, you pay full price for full unit size, no halving.
Oh whoops, fixed.

EDIT: A couple of things that came up while I was working on my backup character.

1. What does Implacable Will do exactly? The description is a bit oddly worded.

2. Shouldn't Overlords be able to take Martial Artist as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh whoops, fixed.
EDIT: A couple of things that came up while I was working on my backup character.
1. What does Implacable Will do exactly? The description is a bit oddly worded.
2. Shouldn't Overlords be able to take Martial Artist as well?
Before I begin the reviews in detail I shall answer these.

1: Mostly shores up the backbone of your people, or when dealing with others they're much much less likely to assume that you're bluffing about anything.

2: No. When this system was designed it was easy to fill up the allocated physical slots for Overlords. It took me much much longer to do so for the Guardians.

Reviews have commenced/completed in some cases. Here we go ladies, gents and that guy. Hold onto your evil hats or good helmets. Because the storm has arrived.

• 1: Your second special only has a chance. Not a flat rate of success. Someone who looks hard enough with the right methods WOULD find out you were involved :p
    2: Just those traits to decide between as well. But you knew that one.

Other than that it all looks to be in order. Once you're finished your Captains bios etc someone will roll their traits, so provisionally accepted. (Just pending completion)

• Accepted.

• Accepted.

• Rowyn is accepted

• It looks good, though your second special is partially redundant. Overlords and Guardians are entirely immune to any mind-controlling abilities short of a God or *REDACTED*

So, accepted.

• It all looks perfect except for that second special. It's way over the top :p But once that's fixed, accepted.

• Accepted

• Accepted

• Accepted

• Accepted

• Accepted pending Captain bios, then traits can be rolled for em.

• Accepted.

Kadeux said:
Overlords and Guardians are entirely immune to any mind-controlling abilities short of a God or *REDACTED*

Well, that figures...maybe I'll have it make a Shield of Hate ability clone instead. Would this be acceptable?

Also, I should've said so earlier but I'm arching Fubuki's character.

Well, that figures...maybe I'll have it make a Shield of Hate ability clone instead. Would this be acceptable?
Also, I should've said so earlier but I'm arching Fubuki's character.
No straight clones of abilities are not permitted. Though the "beam attack" alone is worthy of a special you know :p

No straight clones of abilities are not permitted. Though the "beam attack" alone is worthy of a special you know :p
Fair enough, beam only it is then. And helmets for the Captains. I guess that works. (Now I'm starting to doubt my backup's first special's gonna work out...)

On another note.

A: Including another lore section later on today in the title post specifically regarding the "cosmology" of Overlords and Guardians as far as Gods go as well as "specifics" about Angels and Daemons which have changed slightly from the last version.
B: I'll also be including another lore section detailing the "Myths of Dragons"
C: Today or tomorrow i'll also make the map, or find a good one if I get annoyed with making one :p (I use Campaign Cartographer 3)
D: Very soon the IC will go up.

• Kherak the Skyscourge
    sin_and_thunder_by_daylight13-d4sc3z2.jpg

Appearance: A devilishly handsome man, for an Overlord, Kherak is a seven and a half foot tall behemoth of lean, human-looking muscle. Kherak is clearly half human, but his half-dragon lineage is also blatantly obvious. On his back are a pair of hulking dark wings, with a wingspan of nearly twenty feet that are tipped with a dangerous looking claw appendage. His dragonic heritage seems to have bled into his human qualities also, as seen in his bright red hair, which seems to almost be iridescent in its bright sheen; and his intelligent green eyes.

Preferred Equipment: An excessively large great-sword, armoured greaves and boots.

Physical
    [10]

Magical
    [1]

Command
    [4]

Wealth
    [8]

Influence
    [3]

Dedication
    [4]
    Thunderous Strength Raise Corpse Orcs Furs
    Weekly Sacrifices
    Doubtless Loyalty
    Ironskin   Lizardmen Goblin Iron Master Spy Tireless Fellowship
    Great Wings   Dragon-Ogres Orcish Steel Thieves Guild Master Self Sufficient
    Dragonheart   Kobolds Small Lands   A Simple Man
    Hulking Physique     Normal Lands    
    Compelling Voice     Red Gold    
    Hatred Fury     Gold Mines    
    Cannibal     [Gold Mines]    
    Weapon Master x 2          

• Words go here.

• Words go here, so do numbers

• Mostly numbers go here, some words too.

• 0343a63eb28470ff3f8c182c72caec65-d7yrrsv.jpg

Ulamo the Arbiter-Human (50 gold)
      Description: A faceless figure in Kherak's forces, and the man in charge of selecting the weekly sacrifice for Kherak. He is a cruel and sadistic to all except the figure he chooses for the feast, a figure he treats with near reverence. His dedication to Kherak is unquestioning, so much so that he apparently killed the previous man who held this position, on claims that he was failing Kherak in his selection of offerings. Only Kherak has seen the Arbiter's face, although many have seen his skill with a blade.

• lizardman_by_obrotowy-d5xlij1.jpg

Quill Quil'len Quaziim-Lizardman (100 gold)
      Description: Quill is a strange figure in Kherak's kingdom. Not a leader, and not a warrior of particular merit, it is unknown how he came to the Scourge's attention. Some believe that Quill made an attempt at the Dragonlord's life, and that he was so impressed with the attempt that he offered the Lizardman a position, instead of the chopping block. Since then, Quill has served as the Overlord's prime assassin, who makes deadly use of the environment and poisons.

• naga_queen_by_saryth-d4g0am0.jpg

Lady Azam Lin'fon, Lizardfolk Matriarch (100 gold)
      Description: Following rumours of the Scourge spreading to her domain, Lady Azam led a cynical investigation of Kherak's lands and the leader who was claimed to be 'Closest to the dragons of myth.' She was not found wanting, and soon led an exodus of her realm to serve under Kherak. Lady Azam seems to be a figure of near-mystical persuasion. Her looks entice lesser men and her advice is something that Kherak values highly. What he values more is her ability to entice creatures, as well as men.

• argonian_by_victoriadaedra-d6pfemr.jpg

Skree, the Unassuming Kobold (30 gold)
      Description: An unlikely captain, Skree is often underestimated by Kherak's enemies as a weak link in his otherwise potent roster of champions. Skree's rise to power was no accident. He is as cunning as he is cowardly, and his prudence in choosing battles has got him as far as Ulamo's loyalty or Khan's brutality. He makes use of a bow, more than any other weapon, although he has shived more than his share of man flesh.

• orc_by_anssiart-d3y90be.jpg

Khan, Orcish Enfrocer (75 gold)
      Description: A potent fighter who joined Kherak before his story became the stuff of rumour, Khan is best defined by his brutality and his fury. He treats Kherak's word as law, and believes himself in a brutal brotherhood with all of Kherak's army and captains: down to even the Kobolds. His skills as a warrior are only matched by the wild fury that sometimes overcomes him.

• 9e3c8b605180688efe8e27113f3482df.jpg

Grond, the Breaker of the light and the Fury of the Scourge (500 g)
      Description: The undisputed champion of Kherak in the face of battle, Grond is a Dragon-Ogre whose might exceeds expectations and whose fists alone are enough to break most men. Grond met Kherak early in his journey, and the two were said to have fought one another seven times. On their first meeting, Kherak decided he wished for Grond to be a part of his inner circle: admiring his strength and the strength of his people, so upon beating him, Kherak simply released the ogre. The Dragon-ogre fought and lost 6 more times, until finally he surrendered to Kherak's will and became the Greatsword that the scourge can bring down upon foes.

• bella_1_by_marat_arslanov-d81aytb.jpg

Aleesha, Collector of Debts
      Description: A fearsome woman who seemed to arrive in Kherak's kingdome with Ulamo. Her rise to power was much less a result of extremism and loyalty, but because or her talents. She has a penchant for numbers, swordplay and an interest in studying necromancy: a talent she has never been able to practice prior to arriving at the much more understanding Overlord's domain. Her role seems to be ensuring that any debts owed to the Scourge are paid. Even death is no excuse in her eyes.

I'm interested if you're still accepting, would you prefer another Guardian or an Overlord? I have ideas for both.

1: Your second special only has a chance. Not a flat rate of success. Someone who looks hard enough with the right methods WOULD find out you were involved :p

Damn.

I'm interested if you're still accepting, would you prefer another Guardian or an Overlord? I have ideas for both.
Yeah still accepting. Feel free to do either, we've got a fairly reasonable balance of both at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.