Our Home ( Full )

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for disappearing guys! Had a busy day since its Easter right now but I'm back home and ready for some RP. (after going through the usual hour to two typing up some responses ^^;)

Barbed-Wire-Divider.png

20q021v.gif

[glow=red]Don't like my sarcasm?
Well, I don't like your stupid.
So I guess we're even.[/glow]

Royal Blood - Figure It Out

Nothing here to see
Just a kid like me
Trying to cut some teeth
Trying to figure it out

divider4.png

Jackson [[glow=red]" J a k e "[/glow]] Elwood
The Twice Forsaken

Etymology
[spoili]
Jackson: Pronounced JAK-sən. From an English surname meaning "son of JACK". A famous bearer of the surname was American president Andrew Jackson (1767-1845). Can also be used as a first name. Kreskes chose the name for him after taking liking to the child and when for some reason Esme insisted that he could not be named as an "Ankle-biter" officially. So Kreskes chose a name for the boy that sounded more like a surname for laughs just so it would be confusing, which infuriates the said boy today. He is not especially fond of his name, and rather prefers to be called with his nickname instead.

Elwood: Pronounced EL-wuwd. English surname which was derived from a place name meaning "elder tree forest" in Old English. The surname was given to him because the Dryad found him from an ancient forest that she inhabitated.
[/spoili]

Sobriquets & Epithets
[spoili]

"Jake" - A casual nickname that he prefers to be called with rather than with his full first name.

"Jake the Ripper" - A friendly mocking nickname given to him by a certain friend.

"Ankle-biter" - A name given to him by Kreskes when the boy was just an infant and crawling around on the floors, and he literally bit his sharp teeth into the Yehl's ankle, giving a whole new meaning to it. Kreskes still uses it to this day.

"The Tainted One" - A name the Seelie Fae court referred to the boy when he was born, finding the infant immediately as an abomination. They would still refer to him with it if they would ever meet him, making sure Jake was never and will never be one of them; he has been forsaken not only by his mother, but by the whole court as not worthy.
[/spoili]

divider4.png

Nothing better to do
When I'm stuck on you
I'm still in here trying to figure it out

A g [[glow=red]e[/glow]]
16 Years
He ages like a normal human, but there are suspicions that he will stop aging when his body has reached full maturity somewhere in his mid-twenties, which is normal for the Fae Folk.

[[glow=red]G[/glow]] e n d e r
Male
It is rather unmistakable. He looks and acts masculine on the most part, but he does also have a feminine side which shows when you take a look at his interests and hobbies. However, gender has pretty much always been just a word for Jake, who does not really sweat over it.

S p e [[glow=red]c[/glow]] i e s
Fae-Ghoul
Hybrid of a Fae and a Ghoul.
Usually referred as "half-breed" or "half-blood."

[spoili]
Jake is the oddity among oddities. He is the mixture of an English Seelie Fae and European Ghoul; a mongrel. The blood in his veins tends to battle each other at times, leaving his existence quite unbalanced and confused. His Fae blood tends to be more dominating, leaving his Ghoul blood slightly less dominant, coming out more blatantly under pressure. How exactly his existence came to be, is not entirely known, but it is speculated that his mother was the Fae and the father the Ghoul... and that he most probably raped her. Apparently his mother tried to make him a Changeling by leaving him to a human family and taking their human child in his stead, but with Jake being like he is, it really took only a glance from the human mother to simply realize that some kind of fuckery was afoot. Freaked out by him, he was abandoned into the woods as a mere infant, in hope that a wild beast would claim him. Thankfully for him, one of the woodland spirits found him and took pity on him, taking him to the Orphanage.
[/spoili]

6yccp5.jpg

Getting hard to sleep
Blood is in my dreams
Love is killing me
Trying to figure it out

P e r s o n a l i t [[glow=red]y[/glow]]

In Fae Form
Despite the rather calm surroundings, being brought up without your actual parents can leave a mark. And it shows in Jake, who has grown up as a rather cheeky mannered and mischievous teenager with a fiery temper. (Seriously, do not piss him off if you know what is good for you. He might try to eat you. Literally.) He is quick witted and sarcastic, master of one-liners and snark, with a bit morbid sense of humor, and this combination can get him quickly into trouble. But his clever and cunning keep him out of it mostly, as he possesses what humans would call 'street smarts' when it comes to wiggling off the hook and laying low. Jake is a bit sly by nature, and hard to grasp on with his at times frustrating attitude towards everyone and everything, but it is simply his way of coping. At first glance he may seem a bit aloof due to his 'I don't give a fuck' attitude, and is often mistaken as cold person. It is true that he is bit of an introvert, and enjoys his time mostly by himself, focusing on his hobbies an interests rather than socializing with the other kids, knowing that his scary looks and ghoulish tendencies makes him one of the shunned ones by default. Because of this, he really feels for Boo and other kids with similar fates as his. Thankfully there are few who have welcomed the boy with open arms, and even if he does not say so, Jake cares for these certain people dearly and has his own peculiar way of showing it. Under all that snark and carefree attitude, Jake is actually just a boy who wants to be loved just as much as the next person. He simply does not know how to show it properly, and ends up being usually dishonest about his own feelings.

In Ghoul Form
Under pressure, in stressful situations or angered, his Ghoul blood definitely makes an appearance. This completely changes Jake's persona, making him irrational and violent, making him succumb to his instincts and desires. The Ghoul persona is angry and fears nothing which makes him danger to others and also to himself, and he tends to lust after raw flesh to sate his hunger which makes him attack the nearest person like a rabid dog. To keep himself in check, Jake has taken it upon himself to keep the mentality that nothing can get to him if he just acts like nothing matters; hence his trained aloof and uncaring behavior. This has made him hard to get truly angry, as he only usually flashes annoyance... But once he is angry, it does not leave anyone to question it; he definitely is not only bark, as he also tends to bite.

6yccp5.jpg

Nothing better to do
When I'm stuck on you

B [[glow=red]i[/glow]] r t h d a t e
August 7th ​1998
Zodiac sign: Leo ♌
Chinese zodiac sign: Yang Earth Tiger 戊 寅

B i r t [[glow=red]h[/glow]] p l a c e
United Kingdom, England
More precisely, Shervage Wood in the Quantock Hills, Somerset.

S e [[glow=red]x[/glow]] u a l P r e f e r e n c e
Panromantic Demisexual
[spoili]
In short; anything goes, just interests himself in anyone extremely rarely. Jake knows how it feels like to be judged by your appearance, so he has taught himself to try not to judge anyone like that either. This has made him able to see past the surface and beyond, as he rather takes interest in someone's persona. The way they think, the way they behave, and pays attention to the small things that others might find trivial. To him, everything is a complex map into the person's heart and soul. And typically like the Fae Folk tend to do, Jake does not really care for the gender boundaries, as he believes that personalities have no actual gender; it is only the physical form, and he is able to look past that without any problems. However, to get him attracted to someone is not exactly easy; Jake needs to form an emotional bond first, and his arousal is rare as his libido is really low for a teenage boy, even if his sexual innuendos and playful flirt might give the completely different image.
[/spoili]

O c c [[glow=red]u[/glow]] p a t i o n
Librarian & Plant Manager
Due to his liking to the scent of books and ink since small, Jake took up reading quickly and is bit of bibliophile. And because he is not very good with being with other people, it was only a matter of time before someone realized the Fae-Ghoul would make an excellent librarian. He likes to find the books into their correct places and keep the massive library they have in the orphanage in neatly order. But may the Creators help you if he finds you damaging any of the books.

Naturally, no pun intended, due to his deep fascination with the vegetation he also makes a good gardener. Jake's love for the flowers runs deep in his blood, and he takes care of the Orphanage's plants with extraordinary care and love that makes others believe he probably loves the plants more than people. This would not fall very far from the truth, if we are completely honest here. Because of him, everything around the Home flourish. And if there is a plant in the verge of dying, Jake tends t have uncanny ability to breath life back to it soon enough. His secrets are; fertile soil, correct amount of sunlight and moisture, his claim that plants like music, and gentle hands and most importantly, love.

6yccp5.jpg

I'll let it go, cause I won't see you later
And we're not allowed to talk it out
I said I'd go, put myself on show
But I'm still trying to figure it out

A l i g n m e [[glow=red]n[/glow]] t
Chaotic Neutral
Jake is the kind of boy who enjoys causing mischief, but never truly means any true harm. His morals are mostly what would set him as one of the in the light, but some of them borderline to the darker side; he walks in the grey area, doing things his own way and the way he sees fit and what simply suits him according to the situation. He is not exactly a good boy, but not one you would call evil either.

F i [[glow=red]g[/glow]] u r e
Jake has a dancer's physique; strong, but lithe that has formed along the years due to his hobbies. Lean, slender build, but still has something that one could call 'nice man waves' around his arms and stomach. Masculine figure with a long back, wide shoulders and little thinner hips. Long legs and arms. A complexion that he refers as 'pasty'. Dark brown, almost black hair. A bit angular oval shaped face with a sharp jawline. Pair of sharp tawny eyes with a wicked glint. But most prominent features are definitely the sharp teeth like of a shark, giving him a bit scary smirk, and the conspicuous wings like of a glass-winged butterfly that sprout from his back. However, the wings do not give him the ability to fly, even though he is hollow boned like a bird, but still too heavy for them to keep him afloat. To be frank; they are completely useless to him on the most part, but they make his jumps higher and act like a parachute when jumping from higher place, letting him glide safely to the ground. Also, he has an odd long, sharp pointed tongue, that is a bit freaky.

When his Ghoul form takes dominance, his appearance changes compeletely. Jake's skin gets a darker brown, almost ashen tint, leaving dark grey splotches on his skin that make it look like it has rapidly started to rot. Around his eyes, reddish marks appear, like a bloody rash, that also spreads on his wings and torso. The whites of his eyes turn jet-black, his irises turning smaller and keeping the stark yellow, with narrow pupils that give him a crazed look. His nose seems to grow inwards, leaving the nostrils agape like of a skull. His nails turn into claws, looking like they are meant to shred apart something, or someone... And then his teeth snap out, growing longer from the gums, making it hard for him to keep his jaws closed, even though suddenly his disturbing grin seems to spread far wider on his face than should be physically possible. It would not be over exaggerating to say that he morphs into a nightmare on feet.

6yccp5.jpg

Broke my shoe, tripped and fell on you
But you didn't know I planned it out
I said I'd go, cause I won't see you later
And we're not allowed to figure it out

H e i g h [[glow=red]t[/glow]]
5'9''
Jake has never been one of the tallest, but not one of the shortest boys either. He falls in the slot for the average in height, but wishing he would still grow an inch or two, which he still most probably will.

[[glow=red]W[/glow]] e i g h t
94 lbs
Due to his bird-like hollow bones, which comes from his Fae side, he weights about as much as a child. It does not amuse Jake at all when some people go around lifting him up from the ground like it is some kind of joke. Does he look like a potato sack? He does not think so either.

L [[glow=red]a[/glow]] n g u a g e s
British and American English
Jake speaks with an interesting mixture, which makes it hard to pinpoint what accent he exactly has when the two have fused together. He can be heard using slang words from both.

6yccp5.jpg

Nothing here to see
Just a kid like me
Trying to cut some teeth
Trying to figure it out

T r i [[glow=red]v[/glow]] i a

Fears
Accidentally ending up eating someone alive. Or killing them. Or eating and killing them. Not necessarily in that order.

Interests
Jake has always found himself interested in music and dancing, which has made him learn several different instruments over the years and has made him take up hip hop dancing. He has also always been deeply fascinated with humans and the humanity in itself, often times venturing out there without a permission, just to watch them from the shadows, or wearing a long coat to hide his wings so he can walk among them and pretend to be one. He has always loved reading, and gladly spends more time with books than people. And then the thing that nobody would probably ever expect from the first glance; flowers. Jake loves flowers, all kinds of flowers, and likes to tend to them, grow them and collect them. Over the years, his room has started to remind a lot of a greenhouse.

Distinguishing Features
Sharp teeth that are designed to shred and tear flesh. Tends to make him smile about just as friendly like a shark.
Transparent wings four wings that sprout from his back like of an glass-winged butterfly, but it is obvious that the wingspan is too short to keep him in the air.
Tawny or amber colored eyes like a wolf that make his gaze look piercing.

Special Items
A forest green cap, that he wears most of the time. Also the black piercings that are, if inspected close enough, made of hard plastic.

Weapons
Well, if you do not include the fact that when the Ghoul blood dominates Jake turns basically into a weapon of mass destruction, he is otherwise quite harmless being.

Proficiencies
Like mentioned before, Jake is really capable with the instruments; his favorites being basically anything with strings, and all kinds of drums as the rhythm is in his blood. Also, his dancing skills are almost unhearthly good, as the skill is picked up from his Fae side. And then there is his amazing ability with tending the flowers, and making the most beautiful flower arrangements that puts many professionals into shame.

Magic & Special Abilities
[spoili]
The Fae Charm - He can easily dabble into someone's head if he can touch them, skin to skin, and maintain unblinking eye contact. And then if he speaks with a calm, soothing voice, he may persuade his victim to do all kinds of questionable things against their will. However, this tends to not always work on other mythical beings like him, and they may break free from the spell with sheer willpower. On humans, this works rather easily. Almost too easily, as if he is not careful, he might end up permanently damaging their mental health.

The Prospering Chant - Now, Jake does not really think he is much of a singer, but he is good enough that he knows how to control his voice enough so it does not sound like one is trying to strangle a cat. And when he sings, his voice comes out thrumming in low, soothing notes. His voice has the power to heal the wounded, cure the sick and make all the living things around him prosper; the flowers bloom, trees grow, animals gain energy.

The Devouring - Jake has never been quite into his Ghoul side, but it is always there to remind him. It comes with the hunger. A hunger that not just anything can sate. And if it stays ignored long enough, his own body takes a toll and starts to be taken over by the Ghoul Rot. He needs to dine on flesh, human or humanoid -- animal meat is like tofu to him -- at least once every full moon. To him it does not matter if the flesh is from a living or dead body, and he rather chooses to eat from the dead than harm the living by choice. When he devours flesh, his own health becomes better, and he is able to heal himself from even the most fatal wounds he has been inflicted.

The Ghoul's Wrath - As mentioned before, Jake's anger bursts may turn quickly dangerous if he loses control. The darker aspect of his nature can easily make him succumb under its overwhelming wave of raw emotions and makes him drunk within his own power. When the Ghoul Form takes over, it grants him inhuman strength and speed, and endurance and stamina. The half-ghoul does not seem to be sated until it has slaughtered everything within sight, or defeated back or somehow someone getting through to him and breaking him away from this state.[/spoili]

Strengths
Mental strengths lie in his tactical and quick way of thinking, charismatic and diplomatic way of speaking, and overall clever and cunning. His physical strengths are... quite non-existent, to be honest, unless he is in the Ghoul form. (During it, the Ghoul blood grants him extra speed, endurance and strength and removes such useless emotions like remorse and fear. Fun times.) Otherwise he needs to trust into his skills to manipulate others, or as he rather calls it, persuading them to perform him favors.

Weaknesses
His mental weaknesses would be that he does not always say out loud what he is thinking or feeling, bottling things up on the inside which takes a toll on him on a long term; this can make him eventually lash out in explosive anger when there is enough pressure. He can also be infuriatingly stubborn and arrogant, that tends to make other people think of him as a bit of a jerk with superiority complex, even though he is actually really insecure kid. His physical weakness is cold iron and steel. Whenever he touches anything made of it, it burns his skin like a cold flame and causes excruciating pain to him. He is also extremely allergic to Rowan's fruits.

Quirks
[spoili]
When feeling stressed, Jake withdraws to his flowers to make arrangements. His finds this most therapeutic and relaxing. In an emergency situation he might be doing flower crowns to calm down, and then wearing them, claiming that the flowers will reject negative energy.

His smile is slightly crooked, pulling the right corner of his mouth more upwards than the left one.

Jake's laughter starts with a loud bark, turns into an obnoxious cackle, and then quiets into a soft, almost girlish giggle.

When in Ghoul form, his speech turns into very demonic sounding, like a strangled growl from the throat. If he did not feel like he was out of a horror movie already enough...

Whenever focusing deeply into anything, Jake's tongue tends to peek out between his lips in concentration.

Has the tendency to bare his teeth to other people when annoyed, and then snap them together sharply in a sign of disapproval. 'Back the fuck off, you are about to cross a line there, buddy...'

Jake is not a fan of physical contact, and practices it rarely. Most of the time it makes him just uncomfortable, and he tries his best to slink away from too affectionate people.

The Fae-Ghoul likes to collect three things; plants, books and instruments. His room is full of them, making it look a bit chaotic.
[/spoili]

6yccp5.jpg

Nothing better to do
When I'm stuck on you

B i [[glow=red]o[/glow]] g r a p h y

The Taint
[spoili]
There was a time where an unsuspecting Fae woman had fallen into a prey of a Ghoul. But rather than planning to eat her, this dark being was rather taken by her sheer unearthly beauty, and wanted her for himself. Unfortunately, the Fae thought otherwise as the male Ghoul made his approaches; the Seelie Court did not dabble with the dark creatures, that was for the Unseelie Court scum. The Ghoul did not take the rejection very well, and assaulted her. The two battled for a while, and in the end the Ghoul won by sheer endurance and stamina, taking the woman by force. Once sated, the Ghoul left the abused Fae, tainted and brutalized, and... conceived. The seed was not welcome, as the Fae was mourning her innocence being lost to such a foul creature, and soon enough the whole Seelie Court was in uproar. The Ghoul was hunted down, tortured and killed slowly for his crimes. But the damage was already done, she was pregnant with the creature's offspring. The hope of the child being a stillborn was still out there, as mixed races tended to be born dead. However, this was not the case. Not this time.
[/spoili]

The Lost Boy
[spoili]
Once a child is born, it is usually a happy, joyous occasion as the new life enters the world. But in the case of this half-breed child, it was anything but. The court shunned him, calling the boy the Ghoul's Taint, the Ruined One among other names. It was already hard on the mother, as the child was unwanted, and every time she looked at him she just remembered the traumatic experience. She refused to hold the child, who turned into a monstrous nightmare every time he cried in his cradle. In the end there was only two options left; the either kill the infant that was almost straight out of the womb, or make it into a Changeling. Even though the Fae despised the child, she did not have the heart to kill him herself. And with the appearance the baby had, the wings it was not able to hide like the Faes could and the terrible, terrible ghoulish appearance whenever it threw a temper tantrum, she was sure the humans would take care of the deed for her. And in turn, she would get a human child to nurture and raise as her plaything. There was nothing to lose.

So she chose a family in the outskirts of Nottingham, living in a cabin, isolated from most of the people. Their child was about the same age as hers, which suited her needs. And one night, she changed the children, leaving the half-breed into the cradle instead of the human, and ran off with her new adopted child.

And it went just as the Fae predicted; it was obvious for the new mother that the child was not hers. Devastated and broken by sorrow and anger of losing her own child and gaining this demonic creature as a replacement, it took only mere weeks before the child was abandoned into the woods. The family did not have the heart to kill the child themselves, deciding to leave it in the mercy of Mother Nature. If the child was lucky, some manner of a beast would devour it before it would freeze to death in the cool autumn night. But Mother Nature had other plans for this unwanted, twice abandoned boy, as one of the Dryads found the crying child and brought it to the Orphanage.
[/spoili]

Welcome to the Freak Show
[spoili]
It has been years since then, and the child has grown up. He was given a human name, Jackson Elwood, by the caretakers, but pretty much everyone simply calls the dark haired boy by the name of Jake like he prefers it. It took a while for them to figure out what kind of creature he was, but around the time Jake had learned to crawl and gave a whole new meaning to 'Ankle-biter' as he tried to desperately feed himself with Kreskes' foot, his needs were figured out and tended to accordingly. As long as Jake remembers, he had always been in the Orphanage. He has no memory of his biological parents, and nobody knows their names; all he was told was that he was one night brought in by a wandering Dryad.

Jake was never one of the most social children, and rather withdrew to his shell and played by himself, and not always by his own choice; the other children feared him through the early years, and nobody could not really blame them when more than often Jake had to be forced off some poor kid who's arm he had sunk his sharp teeth into. It was until Kreskes took the boy upon himself to watch over, mentoring him and teaching him self-control and testing and harnessing his own powers, that Jake started to be safe to be around. Nowadays he is still bit of an introvert, rather busying himself in his own personal hobbies in his room rather than socializing with the others, though he does not mind that either -- just because he enjoys being alone does not mean he does not like people. He likes to be with the others, but tires himself easily within the company and feels that he needs some alone time to recharge his mental batteries. And he can not quite shake the nagging feeling that he is disliked because of his unstable state of being and mixed blood the way he smiles about just as friendly like a shark. That he is seen as the biggest freak among freaks. This makes him a bit cautious around the others, even if he manages to hide it on the surface pretty well, which has made him build invisible walls between himself and the others. These walls have become hard to pull down, but the people who have managed that, they have learned it is warm inside despite the cold and aloof appearance he likes to keep up.
[/spoili]

6yccp5.jpg

I'll let it go, cause I won't see you later
And we're not allowed to talk it out
I said I'd go, put myself on show
But I'm still trying to figure it out

R e l a t i o n [[glow=red]s[/glow]] h i p s

Parents
"Never met them, don't remember them, and don't even know their names. It's fine this way, though."

[spoili]
Mediaeval Baebes - The Snake

Nobody really knows anything about Jake's biological parents; who they are, where they are, or if they are even still alive. Jake claims that this does not bother him, but in fact there are some nights when he finds himself wondering, wanting to find out who he is and why he was given up. Little does the poor boy know that he is most definitely better off not knowing, as ignorance is a bliss when the truth is that his story truly is a tale of woe.
[/spoili]

Kreskes the Yehl - Mentor
"I've always looked up to Uncle Kres."
[spoili]
Godsmack - Voodoo

Out of all the caretakers, Kreskes is the one Jake has always liked the most. He is the closest thing to a father figure for the boy, and has mentored the half-breed boy through his childhood to this day, teaching him all kind of skills and knowledge about himself. Kreskes' chaotic views have been passed on to Jake, along with other kind of views on life.
[/spoili]

Astraeus "Atlas" Pathos the Forest Spirit - Roommate & Childhood Friend
"The bromance is strong within this one."
[spoili]
Fall Out Boy - Young Volcanoes

Atlas and Jake have known each other for a good while. Jake has been in the Orphanage before he could even walk and talk, and Atlas came in around when he was four years old. They are the same age, and in the beginning the way Jake went through his uncontrollable transformations between his Ghoul form and back, it was startling for the other children. Especially when he actually tore his teeth through few arms and had to be dragged off the screaming kids by the caretakers in fear he might actually eat them alive, despite being so small.

But Atlas? Oh no, the guy was curious. Even relentlessly so. Back then, 'subtle' was not part of Atlas' vocabulary and Jake was sure that if he went through a dictionary to find the word 'nosy' it would have the guy's stupid face printed right next to the word. He was invading and brutally honest, just like any child would be, and Jake was quick to cruelly lash out without mercy. Oddly enough, Atlas did not seem to take the hint and exactly back off; over a year, the little guy learned to change tactics when talking to the half-breed. He picked out to be more subtle and careful when approaching the subjects he wanted to talk about, respecting the privacy the other boy seemed to need and learned to know when enough was enough when Jake was starting to show the signs of agitation. From Jake, Atlas learned to be patient. And from Atlas, Jake learned to be more tolerant. Slowly, but surely, within couple of years Atlas managed to do what nobody else seemed to bother to try to do or manage; he coerced Jake out of his shell and opened the half-breed up. Suddenly, without himself even noticing it, Jake was talking freely with Atlas about all kinds of things, and not minding at all. It was comfortable, and eased his heavy heart a bit.

Years have passed since then. Jake and Atlas became roommates at some point, and have been rooming with each other for several years already. They share similar interests, such as their deep love with nature due to both of their heritages. Atlas does not mind Jake's habit to hog plants into their room, and in fact encourages it, sometimes bringing a gift of his own Jake to add into his collection. (This will make the Fae-Ghoul throw his arms around Atlas' neck and squeeze him affectionaly, which is something he would most definitely not do willingly with many others.)

They also both play instruments, so they sometimes just sit in their room and jam together, and just generally enjoy a good time with each other's company.

At one point, Atlas also showed his secret hiding place to Jake; a self-made natural tree house in the heights of the massive tree that hosts the Orphanage, made of branches and leaves like a big nest, which Atlas named appropriately Crow's Nest but what Jake refers inside his head as Hare's Nest instead. He also has considered that this certain hare is delusional and thinks himself as a bird. Or a monkey. Or both. Either way, Jake knows where to look for Atlas whenever he doesn't seem to find him anywhere else, and climbs up into the Home Tree all the way to the top branches to find the Forest Spirit seeking solitude that Jake likes disturb sometimes, stargazing or just outright sleeping. Jake however never goes into Crow's Nest alone, because he feels he is not invited unless Atlas is there. It is Atlas' place, and not his, so he never feels like he has the claim nor right to be there without him. He is always there with Atlas, and if he goes to look the Forest Spirit there and does not find him in Crow's Nest, Jake never stays to linger, but scrambles back down to look for his roommate elsewhere. Sometimes the boys hang out there together whenever they feel like they need time for themselves and do not want to deal with the others -- truly being so high up and close to the sky makes them feel like they are the only ones left in the world. And lately... Jake has started to think that maybe forever with Atlas does not sound half bad.

He has started to notice some things about his roommate that he never paid attention before. Odd little trivial details that Jake has suddenly started to find fascinating. And it is very annoying. Jake does not understand this so whenever he catches himself staring at his roommate, he always starts feeling quickly annoyed with himself and with Atlas. Such things as how stupidly long the Forest Spirit's eyelashes are, that how stupidly great skin he has that makes him wonder if it is as smooth as it looks, the stupidly long strands of hair he sometimes finds himself wishing to wrap around his fingers to play with or wanting to yank, the stupidly nice smile he has and the even more stupidly lovely laughter that rings like little silver bells. And the foremost thing; how absolutely stupidly beautiful the kaleidoscope eyes are, ever changing their color that can make Atlas look very different quickly. And how fucking stupidly they sparkle when he looks up at the starry night sky, but what Jake has found himself staring at instead when they have supposed to be stargazing together, but what has turned out to be Atlasgazing for Jake instead as of late.

It is all so stupid. So fucking stupid. Stupid Atlas. How dare he look so fucking stupidly gorgeous. God, what an irritating fellow! This makes Jake feel insecure in comparison when he looks in the mirror, all his flaws in appearance blatantly staring back at him; he is nothing like his roommate, and never will be. And he does not even have a good personality to save his arse! In himself, Jake finds nothing that makes him feel equal with the other boy appearance wise, making the Fae-Ghoul feel like he is not enough. And he tends to fret over it a lot, sometimes taking it on Atlas which is completely unjustified of him and Jake knows it. The only thing Jake is proud is that he is at least two inches taller than Atlas, for the time being.
[/spoili]

Shade the Lost One - Casual Friend
"He's alright, and can be pretty damn deep."
[spoili]
Fever Ray - If I Had A Heart

In the past couple of years, Jake has started approaching others more freely and started opening up. One of the residents in the Orphanage he befriended was Shade, a Lost One, who mainly just floats around and tries to waste time that he is doomed to have forever and ever. Something about his curious existence and being makes Jake feel like he can somehow relate to him. Shade makes an interesting conversation partner, and the two can be found having deep philosophical talks about all kinds of matters. Sometimes they have these conversations while they are on the move, and Shade may unconsciously float through a wall or a closed door, making Jake faceplant the solid object with a majestic loud and painful thud. This is usually followed with a string of swear words, and there has been more than one case where Jake has had a bloody nose.
[/spoili]

Momoko "Momo" the Neko - Little Sister Figure
"Her cuteness is one day going to be the death of me, this I swear to you."
[spoili]
Fall Out Boy - Immortals

It is not the blood that makes one family, but the choice who you are loyal to. Momo is the little sister Jake wishes he would have had, if he would have had a real family. Or a family pet cat, he can not quite choose between these options. They have six years age difference, and the Fae-Ghoul absolutely adores the lively cat eared girl, doting over her like a real big brother would. Jake secretly likes cute things, and it definitely shows whenever he is around the Neko; her appearance in the Orphanage couple of years ago instantly tugged his heartstrings and he was sold on the spot. He smiles warmly in her presence, if you can get past the sharp toothed smile, and pets her hair and ears whenever given the chance, braids her hair, makes her flower crowns, and lets her climb into his bed to sleep in the odd hours. (It would not be the first or the last for someone to find Jake partially pushed off the bed, Momo sleeping partially over him while impersonating a starfish, and her foot in his mouth. Oddly enough, they still manage to look comfortable and peaceful.)

Even though Jake is more calmer, little worded and reserved, he feels that the energetic kitten brings a certain brightness in his life, makes him feel balanced. He feels like he can be completely relaxed and himself in Momo's presence, and she does not quite piss him off similarly like many others would who invade his personal space. He actually even likes to cuddle her, and more than often takes the initiative. Of course, just like with any close siblings, Jake and Momo sometimes banter and argue, and end up sulking at each other, but this never lasts long.
[/spoili]

Versie "Lace" Morgan the Kumur Dragon - Formidable Friend
"I feel always so violated in her presence..."

[spoili]
Fall Out Boy - Rat A Tat (Feat. Courtney Love)

Jake has always thought himself as a good judge of character. But all that confidence went down the drain when he started getting to know Versie. The dragon girl is even harder to grasp on than Jake himself because of her behavior, which runs hot and cold depending on Mercury's position to the sun. Jake has always thought that the girl is like the ocean, wild and impossible to tame, and most importantly, unpredictable. Dragons morals are very different from most creatures, as they are more close to their bestial nature than the others, but still maintain themselves above it with grace; they are no animals, but they are definitely not human either despite their chosen forms. They work together when it suits them. They are loyal when it suits them. They love when it suits them. And they kill when it suits them.

Jake does not say it out loud, but he has always found Versie tiny bit terrifying, and respects her out of that fear. He is aware that she could tear him apart probably without even breaking a sweat, which keeps him standing back straight around her to look taller and more intimidating, but tongue in check so to not give her any ideas. But she has none of it, and tends to jump on the half-breed boy and cuddle the shit out of him, which makes Jake really, really uncomfortable. And she knows it, which is definitely why she uses any chance to get under his skin. And because Jake is on his toes around her, it keeps him from lashing out at her like he would do towards anyone else. In short, while Momo is the little sister Jake hopes he would have had, Versie is kind of the overaffectionate big sister he wishes he would have never had.
[/spoili]

6yccp5.jpg

Broke my shoe, tripped and fell on you
But you didn't know I planned it out
I said I'd go, cause I won't see you later
And we're not allowed to figure it out

P i [[glow=red]c[/glow]] t u r e s
[spoili]
boys_being_boys_by_bayneezone-d80oy18.png

awkward_angles_and_smiley_faces_by_bayneezone-d82whdv.png

frank_and_lilith_by_bayneezone-d6wbr2l.png

sleeping_beauty_by_bayneezone-d78wbwn.png

hat_hair_by_bayneezone-d79rbe5.png

the_senpais_by_bayneezone-d80frqm.png

xclil1.jpg

talk_teeth_to_me_by_bayneezone-d7y96i9.png

xe1r7r.jpg

franky_boy_by_bayneezone-d7i708p.png

hiems_life_by_bayneezone-d6wlixa.png

just_taking_our_pets_for_walkies_by_bayneezone-d6vy26z.png

ghoul_frank_by_bayneezone-d7unbqx.jpg

[/spoili]

Barbed-Wire-Divider.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Barbed-Wire-Divider.png

20q021v.gif

[glow=red]"Don't like my sarcasm?
Well, I don't like your stupid."
[/glow]

Seether - Remedy

Throw your dollar bills and leave your thrills all here with me
And speak but don't pretend I won't defend you anymore you see
It aches in every bone, I'll die alone, but not for you
My eyes don't need to see that ugly thing, I know it's me you fear
If you want me hold me back

[glow=red]N a m e[/glow]
Jackson "Jake" Elwood

[glow=red]A g e[/glow]
16 years.

[glow=red]G e n d e r[/glow]
Male ♂

[glow=red]S p e c i e s[/glow]
Half-breed.

[spoili]
Jake is the oddity among oddities. He is the mixture of an English Seelie Fae and European Ghoul; a mongrel. The blood in his veins tends to battle each other at times, leaving his existence quite unbalanced and confused. His Fae blood tends to be more dominating, leaving his Ghoul blood slightly less dominant, coming out more blatantly under pressure. How exactly his existence came to be, is not entirely known, but it is speculated that his mother was the Fae and the father the Ghoul... and that he most probably raped her. Apparently his mother tried to make him a Changeling by leaving him to a human family and taking their human child in his stead, but with Jake being like he is, it really took only a glance from the human mother to simply realize that some kind of fuckery was afoot. Freaked out by him, he was abandoned into the woods as a mere infant, in hope that a wild beast would claim him. Thankfully for him, one of the woodland spirits found him and took pity on him, taking him to the Orphanage.
[/spoili]

[glow=red]P e r s o n a l i t y[/glow]

In Fae form: Despite the rather calm surroundings, being brought up without your actual parents can leave a mark. And it shows in Jake, who has grown up as a rather wild mannered and mischievous teenager with a fiery temper. (Seriously, do not piss him off if you know what is good for you. He might try to eat you. Literally.) He is quick witted and sarcastic, master of one-liners and snark, with a bit morbid sense of humor, and this combination can get him quickly into trouble. But his clever and cunning keep him out of it mostly, as he possesses what humans would call 'street smarts' when it comes to wiggling off the hook and laying low. Jake is a bit sly by nature, and hard to grasp on with his at times frustrating attitude towards everyone and everything, but it is simply his way of coping. Under all that snark and care-free attitude, Jake is actually just a boy who wants to be loved just as much as the next person. He simply does not know how to show it properly, and ends up being usually dishonest about his own feelings.

In Ghoul form: Under pressure, in stressful situations or angered, his Ghoul blood definitely makes an appearance. This completely changes Jake's persona, making him irrational and violent and makes him succumb to his instincts and desires. The Ghoul persona is angry and fears nothing, and tends to lust after raw flesh to sate his hunger. To keep himself in check, Jake has taken it upon himself to keep the mentality that nothing can get to him if he just acts like nothing matters. This has made him hard to get angry, as he only usually flashes annoyance... But once he is angry, it does not leave anyone to question it; he definitely is not only bark, as he tends to bite.

Frail, the skin is dry and pale, the pain will never fail
And so we go back to the remedy
Clip the wings that get you high, just leave them where they lie
And tell yourself, "You'll be the death of me"

[glow=red]B i r t h d a t e[/glow]
August 7th​

[glow=red]B i r t h p l a c e[/glow]
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham.

[glow=red]S e x u a l P r e f e r e n c e[/glow]
Panromantic demisexual.

[spoili]
In short; anything goes, just interests himself in anyone extremely rarely. Jake knows how it feels like to be judged by your appearance, so he has taught himself to try not to judge anyone like that either. This has made him able to see past the surface and beyond, as he rather takes interest in someone's persona. The way they think, the way they behave, and pays attention to the small things that others might find trivial. To him, everything is a complex map into the person's heart and soul. And typically like the Fae Folk tend to do, Jake does not really care for the gender boundaries, as he believes that personalities have no actual gender; it is only the physical form, and he is able to look past that without any problems. However, to get him attracted to someone is not exactly easy; Jake needs to form an emotional bond first, and his arousal is rare as his libido is really low for a teenage boy, even if his sexual innuendos and playful flirt might give the completely different image.
[/spoili]

[glow=red]A l i g n m e n t[/glow]
Chaotic Neutral.

[glow=red]F i g u r e[/glow]
Lean, slender build, but still has something that one could call 'nice man waves' around his arms and stomach. Masculine figure with a long back, wide shoulders and little thinner hips. Long legs and arms. A complexion that he refers as 'pasty'. Dark brown, almost black hair. A bit angular oval shaped face with a sharp jawline. Pair of sharp tawny eyes with a wicked glint. But most prominent features are definitely the sharp teeth like of a shark, giving him a bit scary smirk, and the conspicuous wings like of a glass-winged butterfly that sprout from his back. However, the wings do not give him the ability to fly, even though he is hollow boned like a bird, but still too heavy for them to keep him afloat. To be frank; they are completely useless to him on the most part, but they make his jumps higher and act like a parachute when jumping from higher place, letting him glide safely to the ground. Also, he has an odd long, sharp pointed tongue, that is a bit freaky.

When his Ghoul form takes dominance, his appearance changes compeletely. Jake's skin gets a darker brown, almost ashen tint, leaving dark grey splotches on his skin that make it look like it has rapidly started to rot. Around his eyes, reddish marks appear, like a bloody rash, that also spreads on his wings and torso. The whites of his eyes turn jet-black, his irises turning smaller and keeping the stark yellow, with narrow pupils that give him crazed look. His nose seems to grow inwards, leaving the nostrils agape like of a skull. His nails turn into claws, looking like they are meant to shred apart something, or someone... And then his teeth snap out, growing longer from the gums, making it hard for him to keep his jaws closed, even though suddenly his disturbing grin seems to spread far wider on his face than should be physically possible. It would not be over exaggerating to say that he morphs into a nightmare on feet.

H e i g h t
5'9''

W e i g h t
94 lbs.
Due to his bird-like hollow bones, which comes from his Fae side, he weights about as much as a child. It does not amuse Jake at all when some people go around lifting him up from the ground like it is some kind of joke. Does he look like a potato sack? He does not think so either.

I don't need a friend, I need to mend so far away
So come sit by the fire and play a while, but you can't stay too long
It aches in every bone, I'll die alone, but not for pleasure
I see my heart explode, it's been eroded by the weather here
If you want me hold me back

T r i v i a
  • Accidentally ending up eating someone alive. Or killing them. Or eating and killing them. Not necessarily in that order.
  • Jake has always found himself interested in music and dancing, which has made him learn several different instruments over the years and has made him take up hip hop dancing. He has also always been deeply fascinated with humans and the humanity in itself, often times venturing out there without a permission, just to watch them from the shadows, or wearing a long coat to hide his wings so he can walk among them and pretend to be one. And then the thing that nobody would probably ever expect from the first glance; flowers. Jake loves flowers, all kinds of flowers, and likes to tend to them, grow them and collect them. Over the years, his room has started to remind a lot of a greenhouse.
  • A forest green cap, that he wears most of the time. Also the black piercings that are, if inspected close enough, made of hard plastic.
  • Well, if you do not include the fact that when the Ghoul blood dominates Jake turns basically into a weapon of mass destruction, he is otherwise quite harmless being.
  • Like mentioned before, Jake is really capable with the instruments; his favorites being basically anything with strings, and all kinds of drums as the rhythm is in his blood. Also, his dancing skills are almost unhearthly good, as the skill is picked up from his Fae side. And then there is his amazing ability with tending the flowers, and making the most beautiful flower arrangements that puts many professionals into shame.
  • The Fae Charm - He can easily dabble into someone's head if he can touch them, skin to skin, and maintain unblinking eye contact. And then if he speaks with a calm, soothing voice, he may persuade his victim to do all kinds of questionable things against their will. However, this tends to not always work on other mythical beings like him, and they may break free from the spell with sheer willpower. On humans, this works rather easily. Almost too easily, as if he is not careful, he might end up permanently damaging their mental health.

The Prospering Chant - Now, Jake does not really think he is much of a singer, but he is good enough that he knows how to control his voice enough so it does not sound like one is trying to strangle a cat. And when he sings, his voice comes out thrumming in low, soothing notes. His voice has the power to heal the wounded, cure the sick and make all the living things around him prosper; the flowers bloom, trees grow, animals gain energy.

The Devouring - Jake has never been quite into his Ghoul side, but it is always there to remind him. It comes with the hunger. A hunger that not just anything can sate. And if it stays ignored long enough, his own body takes a toll and starts to be taken over by the Ghoul Rot. He needs to dine on flesh, human or humanoid -- animal meat is like tofu to him -- at least once every full moon. To him it does not matter if the flesh is from a living or dead body, and he rather chooses to eat from the dead than harm the living by choice. When he devours flesh, his own health becomes better, and he is able to heal himself from even the most fatal wounds he has been inflicted.
  • Jake's mental strengths lie in his tactical and quick way of thinking, charismatic and diplomatic way of speaking, and overall clever and cunning.

His physical strengths are... quite non-existent, to be honest, unless he is in the Ghoul form. Otherwise he needs to trust into his skills to manipulate others, or as he rather calls it, persuading them to do things for him.
  • His mental weaknesses would be that he does not always say out loud what he is thinking or feeling, bottling things up on the inside which takes a toll on him on a long term. He can also be infuriatingly stubborn and arrogant.

His physical weakness is cold iron and steel. Whenever he touches anything made of it, burns his skin like a cold flame and causes excruciating pain to him. He is also extremely allergic to Rowan's fruits.

[glow=red]B i o g r a p h y[/glow]

[glow=red]Dark, darker, darkest...[/glow]
[spoili]
There was a time where an unsuspecting Fae woman had fallen into a prey of a Ghoul. But rather than planning to eat her, this dark being was rather taken by her sheer unearthly beauty, and wanted her for himself. Unfortunately, the Fae thought otherwise as the male Ghoul made his approaches; the Seelie Court did not dabble with the dark creatures, that was for the Unseelie Court scum. The Ghoul did not take the rejection very well, and assaulted her. The two battled for a while, and in the end the Ghoul won by sheer endurance and stamina, taking the woman by force. Once sated, the Ghoul left the abused Fae, tainted and brutalized, and... conceived. The seed was not welcome, as the Fae was mourning her innocence being lost to such a foul creature, and soon enough the whole Seelie Court was in uproar. The Ghoul was hunted down, tortured and killed slowly for his crimes. But the damage was already done, she was pregnant with the creature's offspring. The hope of the child being a stillborn was still out there, as mixed races tended to be born dead. However, this was not the case. Not this time.
[/spoili]

[glow=red]The Lost Boy[/glow]
[spoili]
Once a child is born, it is usually a happy, joyous occasion as the new life enters the world. But in the case of this half-breed child, it was anything but. The court shunned him, calling the boy the Ghoul's Taint, the Ruined One among other names. It was already hard on the mother, as the child was unwanted, and every time she looked at him she just remembered the traumatic experience. She refused to hold the child, who turned into a monstrous nightmare every time he cried in his cradle. In the end there was only two options left; the either kill the infant that was almost straight out of the womb, or make it into a Changeling. Even though the Fae despised the child, she did not have the heart to kill him herself. And with the appearance the baby had, the wings it was not able to hide like the Faes could and the terrible, terrible ghoulish appearance whenever it threw a temper tantrum, she was sure the humans would take care of the deed for her. And in turn, she would get a human child to nurture and raise as her plaything. There was nothing to lose.

So she chose a family in the outskirts of Nottingham, living in a cabin, isolated from most of the people. Their child was about the same age as hers, which suited her needs. And one night, she changed the children, leaving the half-breed into the cradle instead of the human, and ran off with her new adopted child.

And it went just as the Fae predicted; it was obvious for the new mother that the child was not hers. Devastated and broken by sorrow and anger of losing her own child and gaining this demonic creature as a replacement, it took only mere weeks before the child was abandoned into the woods. The family did not have the heart to kill the child themselves, deciding to leave it in the mercy of Mother Nature. If the child was lucky, some manner of a beast would devour it before it would freeze to death in the cool autumn night. But Mother Nature had other plans for this unwanted, twice abandoned boy, as one of the Dryads found the crying child and brought it to the Orphanage.
[/spoili]

[glow=red]Welcome to the Freak Show[/glow]
[spoili]
It has been years since then, and the child has grown up. He was given a human name, Jackson Elwood, by the caretakers, but pretty much everyone simply calls the dark haired boy by the name of Jake. It took a while for them to figure out what kind of creature he was, but around the time Jake had learned to crawl and gave a whole new meaning to 'Ankle-biter' as he tried to desperately feed himself with Kreskes' foot, his needs were figured out and tended to accordingly. As long as Jake remembers, he had always been in the Orphanage. He has no memory of his biological parents, and nobody knows their names; all he was told was that he was one night brought in by a wandering Dryad. Jake was never one of the most social children, and rather withdrew to his shell and played himself, and not always by his own choice; the other children feared him through the early years, and nobody could not really blame them when more than often Jake had to be forced off some poor kid who's arm he had sunk his sharp teeth into. It was until Kreskes took the boy upon himself to watch over, mentoring him and teaching him self-control and testing and harnessing his own powers, that Jake started to be safe to be around. Nowadays he is still bit of an introvert, rather busying himself in his own personal hobbies in his room rather than socializing with the others, though he does not mind that either. He likes to be with the others, but tires himself easily within the company. And he can not quite shake the nagging feeling that he is disliked because of his unstable state of being and mixed blood. That he is seen as the biggest freak among freaks. This makes him a bit cautious around the others, even if he manages to hide it on the surface.
[/spoili]

[glow=red]R e l a t i o n s h i p s[/glow]
[glow=red]Kreskes the Yehl - Mentor[/glow]
[spoili]
Out of all the caretakers, Kreskes is the one Jake has always liked the most. He is the closest thing to a father figure for the boy, and has mentored the half-breed boy through his childhood to this day, teaching him all kind of skills and knowledge about himself. Kreskes' chaotic views have been passed on to Jake, along with other kind of views on life.
[/spoili]

[glow=red]Parents[/glow]
[spoili]
Mother - English Seelie Fae
Father - European Ghoul

Nobody really knows anything about Jake's biological parents; who they are, where they are, or if they are even still alive. Jake claims that this does not bother him, but in fact there are some nights when he finds himself wondering, wanting to find out who he is and why he was given up. Little does the poor boy know that he is most definitely better off not knowing, as ignorance is a bliss.
[/spoili]

P i c t u r e s
[spoili]
boys_being_boys_by_bayneezone-d80oy18.png

awkward_angles_and_smiley_faces_by_bayneezone-d82whdv.png

frank_and_lilith_by_bayneezone-d6wbr2l.png

sleeping_beauty_by_bayneezone-d78wbwn.png

hat_hair_by_bayneezone-d79rbe5.png

ghoul_frank_by_bayneezone-d7unbqx.jpg

[/spoili]

Barbed-Wire-Divider.png
Dude...you don't know how much I freaked out when the image suddenly changed -.-;

That being said I want to marry your character *Big Big BIG thumbs up*

Yeah thanks for the nightmares...xD.

My real name is Jake... super spooky O-O
Oooooh that explains the username :D

114174_340.jpg

Heh, you're welcome guys! Always glad to cause calamity and general offense, which is my specialty.

@Clear Why thank you! I hope he is being found suitable. I had fun making him, he's such a freak. c:
My kind of freak! I like how his Fae genetics clashes but also evens out his Ghoulish side. I'm one for contradictions and that sir/mam is a pot of gold.

Pleaaaaaaase let me collab with you for a relationship with one of my charas (or maybe future charas...nah nope. Two is a headache, three would be death).

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Wicked
I would love to! But I think Kaz needs to look Jake over first. I think it would be rude to go ahead of myself.

• Thank You
Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
I would love to! But I think Kaz needs to look Jake over first. I think it would be rude to go ahead of myself.
True...give me heads up when your characters been accepted, chap. (Although I'll probably see it myself because of my intense stalking of this thread)

Reactions: Wicked
Guys, I don't think I'm going to continue with this. There's just too much people, sorry, bye

@Wicked -- I adore him so much. <3 Definitely accepted. I think Conrad would pick on him a lot in attempt to make him change.

@DataMind -- Pssst, April Fools was 5 days ago. Naw, I'm kidding. If you're uncomfortable with large RPs, you're free to go, but feel free to return if you ever wish~

@Momozono Yuuna Cheers! You all are making me blush at this rate. (◡‿◡✿) Also, just so you all know, I constantly keep editing the CS as I keep thinking of more random little details to add; nothing major, just something completely trivial stuff.

So, now that I'm accepted... Anyone up for collabing relationships? I'm currently reading everyone's characters and rating them!

@Momozono Yuuna Cheers! You all are making me blush at this rate. (◡‿◡✿) Also, just so you all know, I constantly keep editing the CS as I keep thinking of more random little details to add; nothing major, just something completely trivial stuff.

So, now that I'm accepted... Anyone up for collabing relationships? I'm currently reading everyone's characters and rating them!
hermione-granger-hand-raise.gif

@Wicked I totally want tooooooo but I can't really think of any relationships that could exist between our characters. If you see anything between your character and Momo/Soona, pleaaaaseeee let me know ;u;

Status
Not open for further replies.