Ordinis Sancti Percute; The True Accounting of World War 2.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
@ Hotspur1 group of Brovo McTavish and Marble, I'll go ahead and have a little bit to interject with Van Helsing here that will be pretty big that he will not be able to bite his tongue about with you guys talking about nazis and the krauts and what they do within their borders. He knows what they do already to countries they TAKE OVER. Will be doing that sometime tonight after work and schoolwork and prepping to go to docs tomorrow

Hello folks, just popping in to say I can likely ferret out a post for Jace tomorrow. Need to finish working on stuff for Legend of Renalta and The Last Bastion each respectively today.

Ok ladies and gents.

The dice gods have favoured you, so far.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm curious about how you do that with the dice thingy! Could you explain it to us/me, Kad?

I'm curious about how you do that with the dice thingy! Could you explain it to us/me, Kad?

I roll dice to see how actions work out (or not).

All you get to see is the results ;)

I will reveal that it's based off of a D100 though.

1 = Ultra Epic Success. (The action succeeds WAY and above expectations)
2-5 = Epic Success. (The action succeeds beyond expectations.)
6-25 = Success.
25-75 = Neutral *Interpretation will depend on circumstances.
76-95 = Fail.
96-99 = Epic Fail.
100 = Fatality *Depending on circumstances.*

This is the base model. It doesn't include any modifiers I apply.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
His system also took a lot from mine for this one, so in general keep these tips in mind.
  • Teamwork = Increased success odds: If multiple players work together on something (ex: lifting a heavy object, attacking an enemy, one player covers another, et cetera) your odds of success increase.
  • Spamming Actions = Increased failure odds: If you attempt to shoot one person in a room, odds are good you'll succeed. If you try to shoot ten people in a room, odds are good you will miss every single one of them. Basically think of posts in combat situations as being 10-15 seconds long, then ask yourself: "What can I do in 10-15 seconds?"
  • Sound Travels: Your odds of attracting outside attention increase depending on the sounds of your actions. Firing a gun or yelling? There's a high chance of being detected. Whispering or using hand signs/sign language? Odds are low of being detected.
  • No Action in a Vacuum: Keep in mind everything you do has outside consequences. Such as the above 'sound travels' example of firing a gun: You'll attract more Nazis to your location than before. Also, all actions happen simultaneously. So if you post that your character is charging someone, in the same ten second span of time, the enemy can react to you. The opposite is also true: If an enemy shoots at you, in the same ten second span of time that took to occur, you can do something yourself to avoid being killed, such as ducking for cover.
Summary: Teamwork good, Rambo bad. Cover is your new best friend. Sound is your greatest enemy if you're trying not to get found.

His system also took a lot from mine for this one, so in general keep these tips in mind.

*cough* Implements, the same as yours, not takes. As, arguably, his star wars roleplay which predates yours utilized such mechanics before yours on a d% system. What it most notably would draw from your creation engine would definitely be the simplification of the sheets and creation of custom stats. If anything, I would say this has overall come from a combined notetaking of the two of you going back and forth over the years and seeing each others' systems. Which, I am thankful for. It actually flows a lot smoother than some of the clunkier bulky mechanics of one versus the chaotic freeform of another, sort of meeting a middleground over the years as they refined. I approve.

I hope to get my own group roleplay started in the future! And being interested in this kind of 'game' system-thing, I was hoping to learn a few things! So, this is great! I'm not sure that I understand it all right now, but I will, I think!

I hope to get my own group roleplay started in the future! And being interested in this kind of 'game' system-thing, I was hoping to learn a few things! So, this is great! I'm not sure that I understand it all right now, but I will, I think!

The key part is that it's very much an interpretive system. For some examples. (Note: some of these examples are NOT things i'd actually roll for.)

*Examples don't include enemy rolls.*

Scenario A:
Player shoots at Nazi with rifle. *Nazi of course is shooting back*
I roll for the player.
The roll is a 1.
Unless the Nazi ALSO rolled a 1, the Nazi would get a bullet through the forehead and die.

if the roll was a 50
The two would be in a firefight, neither really hitting, but not fucking up terribly either.

if the roll was a 100
The player character would expose themselves taking the shot and get the shot in the forehead instead.

Scenario B:
Player is walking down some stairs.
Roll = 1: Player walks down the stairs with impressive flair whistling a jaunty tune.
Roll = 50: They walk down the stairs. Nobody notices.
Roll = 100: They trip over their own feet, shatter the banister and are impaled through the neck by the wooden railing before catching their nuts right on the bottom stair dying messily, but very impressively.

Scenario C:
Player is doing some negotiations.
Roll = 1: Player sways the NPC exceptionally well.
Roll = 50: Onto round 2.
Roll = 100: The player manages to insult the NPC and 15 generations of their ancestors with the suggestion that they liked to sodomise the local farm animals in order to produce heirs. The player likely ends up challenged to a duel.

• Love
The key part is that it's very much an interpretive system. For some examples. (Note: some of these examples are NOT things i'd actually roll for.)

*Examples don't include enemy rolls.*

Scenario A:
Player shoots at Nazi with rifle. *Nazi of course is shooting back*
I roll for the player.
The roll is a 1.
Unless the Nazi ALSO rolled a 1, the Nazi would get a bullet through the forehead and die.

if the roll was a 50
The two would be in a firefight, neither really hitting, but not fucking up terribly either.

if the roll was a 100
The player character would expose themselves taking the shot and get the shot in the forehead instead.

Scenario B:
Player is walking down some stairs.
Roll = 1: Player walks down the stairs with impressive flair whistling a jaunty tune.
Roll = 50: They walk down the stairs. Nobody notices.
Roll = 100: They trip over their own feet, shatter the banister and are impaled through the neck by the wooden railing before catching their nuts right on the bottom stair dying messily, but very impressively.

Scenario C:
Player is doing some negotiations.
Roll = 1: Player sways the NPC exceptionally well.
Roll = 50: Onto round 2.
Roll = 100: The player manages to insult the NPC and 15 generations of their ancestors with the suggestion that they liked to sodomise the local farm animals in order to produce heirs. The player likely ends up challenged to a duel.
@Serene I shall translate for you...
*cough* If he (t)roll is a 100 he is going to screw you over, laugh maliciously and poo on your head while you get tied up and striped naked and shot into a black hole.

Now having finishing coughing... I shall finally translate it...
He is a servant of the dice gods, he obeys their supreme randomness and is going to get his butt up for invasion if it is their demand.

• Love
I am looking to get a post up tomorrow. My busy weekend ends tomorrow, thankfully.

I am a lazy butt... a busy lazy butt. Kada spank me for being busy AND lazy at the same time!
*bends over*

Gonna get a post sometime next week. Got some questions for kada anyway as I feel like I missed something o.o

Yet, that smile quickly faded as she shuddered, and rubbed her arms. "Something... Within the Sphinx... Is compelling me to run... Like the sound of a train full of white poachers... We need to hurry. Nature itself is being perverted."
I have a bad feeling about this.

Calvin and Ituha are available for chatting and interactions.

Just wanted to poke my head back in and say I haven't forgotten about my CS(s?) for this. I've just been doing some busywork and some stuff for my own RP, plus, I figure that I have a little bit of time, seeing as I can't pop in right smack dab in the middle of a mission.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Tempest