Ordinis Sancti Percute; The True Accounting of World War 2.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Avoid doing anything really stupid. ;)

Well, its a loose definition of pilot, but yes.

You're in a glider. Steering is only the loosest suggestion...

<.<

>.>

<.<
Well, there's also Yawing...

Throwing a sword at any time counts as a stupid decision :karate: :p
The only time it might be acceptable is those rare times when rule of cool has more bonus tradeoffs than actual risks with it.
Actually, there are historical precedents of throwing swords like spears in times of dire need. Regardless, though, it's not a recommended practice in any way, shape, or form.

Actually, there are historical precedents of throwing swords like spears in times of dire need. Regardless, though, it's not a recommended practice in any way, shape, or form.

There is also a historical precedent for them being killed by such stupidity. You can't actually throw a sword like that or like you see in most movies. The bottom line is that throwing a sword literally can't work.

Reactions: dalecOoOoOoOoOper
Exactly, you do it when its about your only option, or at least when no other option might be more practical, not as is so often done in things like anime as you are sprinting straight at your target.

You'd still likely need to be pretty desperate to do it and very very skilled or lucky to actually pull it off.

There is also a historical precedent for them being killed by such stupidity. You can't actually throw a sword like that or like you see in most movies. The bottom line is that throwing a sword literally can't work.
*cough*
*cough*

*cough*
*cough*

Yes. It also cannot pierce armour if thrown, has as much range as a wet fart and even the most well trained swordsmen will point out that only a moron would EVER throw their weapon. It's a desperate move that fails in all but the most limited conditions.

Ok ladies and gents.

We're on the ground more or less intact. (As far as Carl is concerned, definitely less).

Anyone who wants to collab with me feel free to send me a PM.

(And feel free to ask anything you feel the need to know.)

I said it was a historically precedented tactic, not a well-used one. It's a last ditch thing to save your buddy, distract an opponent, or kill a guy in regular clothes (and in our scenario might actually penetrate, due to a lack of kevlar at the time and metal plating as personal armor in general). And I actually haven't seen a movie where they've thrown swords, thank you very much.

I said it was a historically precedented tactic, not a well-used one. It's a last ditch thing to save your buddy, distract an opponent, or kill a guy in regular clothes (and in our scenario might actually penetrate, due to a lack of kevlar at the time and metal plating as personal armor in general). And I actually haven't seen a movie where they've thrown swords, thank you very much.

You haven't seen a movie where they've thrown their swords? Damn son :p

No, in movies (and I presume anime where I'd guess it's much more common) you often see them throw a sword, and it impale an enemy all the way through, often to the crossguard.

Nope, never seen it happen in a movie. Nor a violent cartoon nor an anime. In either of those, they just sprint at the enemy for 30-45 fucking seconds, screaming and dragging their comically oversized sword behind them as their enemy stands in shock from how stupid a tactic that is and the infathomability that some asshat would actually do that in a battle.

Because the enemy usually has a gun or some shit. But they fail to use it, so dumbstruck by the thought that this guy's coming at them with a sword from twenty feet away, dragging it behind them no less. And they the sword-wielder manages to lug this massive sword not only above their head for a strike, but a solid 30 feet up with a 7-second stall in mid air. And then they get chest-fucked by a sword long as a horse and thick as it's ass.

Sorry for ranting, It's just that anime physics and combat in general really pisses me off. ^^;

Part of the reason I've never really been a big fan.

Reactions: Kadaeux
Nope, never seen it happen in a movie. Nor a violent cartoon nor an anime. In either of those, they just sprint at the enemy for 30-45 fucking seconds, screaming and dragging their comically oversized sword behind them as their enemy stands in shock from how stupid a tactic that is and the infathomability that some asshat would actually do that in a battle.

Because the enemy usually has a gun or some shit. But they fail to use it, so dumbstruck by the thought that this guy's coming at them with a sword from twenty feet away, dragging it behind them no less. And they the sword-wielder manages to lug this massive sword not only above their head for a strike, but a solid 30 feet up with a 7-second stall in mid air. And then they get chest-fucked by a sword long as a horse and thick as it's ass.

Sorry for ranting, It's just that anime physics and combat in general really pisses me off. ^^;

Lies. They deflect the bullet with the blade. Get it right.

Yes. It also cannot pierce armour if thrown, has as much range as a wet fart and even the most well trained swordsmen will point out that only a moron would EVER throw their weapon. It's a desperate move that fails in all but the most limited conditions.
I'm not trying to pick fights, but well trained SWORDSMEN is the key there. They use a sword primarily, and other weapons are their less favored. I personally am an axe user, I though my axe is my main weapon of combat I can still throw it away in an effort to get a kill and use one of my other weapons. (Obviously not a real kill I've never had the luxury of a real medieval battle, I practiced in a medieval combat studio for a while just because of my own intrigue.) But point being you could throw away your sword PROVIDED you had a secondary weapon. So in conclusion both sides are correct, it is a fucking dumb idea to throw away your only weapon, but it can also be used (even if only once)

You know what irks me about all that, the people in movies that wield guns rush people without guns. That and people with shields in movies NEVER get shot in the fucking legs.

Here's the deal, though. A sword is not a good weapon to be thrown. It's tip is not very pointy believe it or not. It's more dull than it's sides unless it is say... A rapier or epee which is a thrusting weapon. The standord sword is a slashing weapon >_> <_< and that really isn't going to... stick so well, like say... a hatchet, which has a pretty decent point at which to stick into a target : P

Here's the deal, though. A sword is not a good weapon to be thrown. It's tip is not very pointy believe it or not. It's more dull than it's sides unless it is say... A rapier or epee which is a thrusting weapon. The standord sword is a slashing weapon >_> <_< and that really isn't going to... stick so well, like say... a hatchet, which has a pretty decent point at which to stick into a target : P
This is still under the topic of throwing a sword like a spear I take it, one can launch a sword in a circular spin.

Depends on the type of sword. If it can thrust, is can spear. Longswords generally can thrust. Rapiers basically only thrust. Hell, you can thrust with a katana, or even a lightly curved scimitar. Try thrusting with a falchion, however, and you're gonna have a bad time. Of course, when spearing, you'd want something straight, anyway. Like a longsword, broadsword, sharp-pointed short sword, claymore... That kind of thing.

I reiterate for the umpteenth time, NOT RECOMMENDED, BUT POSSIBLE IF NEEDED.

Depends on the type of sword. If it can thrust, is can spear. Longswords generally can thrust. Rapiers basically only thrust. Hell, you can thrust with a katana, or even a lightly curved scimitar. Try thrusting with a falchion, however, and you're gonna have a bad time. Of course, when spearing, you'd want something straight, anyway. Like a longsword, broadsword, sharp-pointed short sword, claymore... That kind of thing.

I reiterate for the umpteenth time, NOT RECOMMENDED, BUT POSSIBLE IF NEEDED.
I can thrust with a rusty wooden spoon. Doesn't mean it works.