Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Valiente

Original poster
267421_tumblr_mhr7r96s2a1qh6u1jo1_500-320x346.jpg

55059da03412b7eab1f22ead22576c95.jpg

T
he sun was beginning to set. The summery wind had picked up a bit and the clock was clicking six. Amy was at her friend's house, doing the last school project they had before summer starts next week. She wasn't that happy that school would be over in a week though, she loved attending, she loved to learn and get even more educated. She wasn't a nerd though, simply a perfectionist with a goal of excelling. So maybe just a little bit of a nerd. But her looks deceived that thought. With her perfectly done long brown hair and striking lighter brown highlights -perfect even as today she had messily combed it in a low bun- and her icy blue eyes and plump pink lips, her perfect light nude make up, and her clothes which usually belonged to an attractive young teenager and not a nerd, no one would think she had that nerd-ish side in her.

"I think we're done!"Hannah yelled out, making Amy actually flinch in surprise. Hannah was Amy's best friend, and also, her school project partner. She was a little different than Amy, bubbly and very hyper and enthusiastic about life in general, she was the loud one between the two of them. And the one who disliked studying, which brings us back to why she yelled out. Simple happiness.

"Well I better be going home then." Amy stood and smoothed down her short white sundress and her sleeveless jeans jacket. Her words made her friend frown and insist of her staying around but Amy shook her head "I should be on my way, my parents must be waiting for me, for dinner." She said and smiled apologetically at her friend who groaned and mumbled something about Amy's parents' strict rules. Amy dismissed the mumble though and picked her books up, packing the scattered papers as well and sticking them in her books then putting her books neatly in her bag before biding her best friend goodbye "I'll see you tomorrow at school." She said on her way out.

It was a Monday, and usually, on a Monday, Amy was expected to be home at six thirty for supper as her father would be home by then and would want the whole family united at the dining table. She had exactly thirty minutes to get home, which was perfect since she was walking home, having left her car at home as Hannah picked her up in the morning and drove them to her house after school. Hannah had tried getting Amy to let her drive her home, but Amy refused. In all honesty, she liked to walk, it was relaxing and peaceful. And so, she began her way to her house.

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_ml94x0I6Af1s8gmn8o1_500.jpg
Steven Anthony Miller had his eyes closed as he glided down the street on his skateboard feeling the cool breeze hit his skin. There was no fear of falling or hitting something, someone or vise versa. The outdoors was his place, his domain. With the summer weather this nice there was nothing to worry about. Steven wore a black design tank top and jogger shorts and red chucks. His curly hair swayed slightly in the wind and he only opened his eyes when his foot touched the ground to slow his board. His crew, a couple of friends from school with the same view points on life were down the hill with their boards and bikes. Steven associated himself with everyone and was well known for being the hot bad-ass with reckless behavior or the guy that had his fun and leaves. That title though was for the girls that came in and out of his life. Steven simply thought of them as fun but it wasn't like there wasn't any feelings since he had to like someone to be with them but the girls in his school were almost if not the same. They only cared about the looks, the jocks and the parties and quite frankly those girls were a bore to Steven, he wanted something different. A challenge.

Steven nodded in his friends direction as he went down the hill and joined up with his friends. They headed over to the nearby skate park and watched other skaters as well as skated themselves. Frankie his goofy and unpredictable best friend cruised on over with half a mouth full over a cheese burger while he attempted a minor trick and failed. Steven liked surrounding himself with people who did the same things as him or generally close to it, being around people who always followed the rules and what they were supposed to do were a bore to him and he felt like they were being dragged on a lease of life. With him he grew up trying to be the "perfect son " to the two perfect parents and live up to their expectations but after awhile he simply said fuck it and started doing what he wanted, he started living from him and not anyone else.

It was around 6: 16 when Steven left the skate park and ditched his friends. He wanted to head to the lake near his house to catch the sun start setting. He flew threw the streets zooming past honking cars who gave him the finger and then he flipped onto the sidewalk taking pride and joy in passing by the people walking who looked back at him with either amazement or disgust. When Steven hit the bend he extended his arms wide as if was a bird and then closed his eyes going around the corner. His board wobbled slightly but he kept his balance and then opened his eyes again but when he did he cursed under his breath seeing a girl walking right in the direction he was in. Since his board was too fast Steven placed his foot on the ground and gritted his teeth as he closed in on the girl. " Yo watch out". He shouted but it was a little to late and Steven mentally slapped himself for not shouting earlier. Jumping off his board he flew forward a few feet and landed into the girl he once tried to warn. The impact slightly stung and he reached out grabbing the girls waist to keep her from falling hard as they tumbled over.

NEW-Men-Women-Unisex-Casual-Atheletic-Sporty-Baggy-Harem-Capri-Pirate-Shorts-Short-Trousers-Joggers-Bottoms.jpg_220x220.jpg
images
(The shorts and chucks)

The streets were almost deserted as she walked, everyone was either home having dinner or still at work. She walked slowly, took her time and enjoyed the sun before it needed to set. She was glad she had decided to walk, she needed that to relax her always stiff body. On her way, Amy decided to take her favorite book out and read while she walked on the pavement. The book was an old one, which her sister gave her, it was called 'The Alchemist'. It was yet a strange book, an old deep one. If that even made sense. But she loved it anyway. It was different, and for that, it always intrigued her.

There was one good thing Amy loved. And it was the silence and the peace. But that was soon interrupted when she heard a loud voice warn. Was he warning her? She wasn't too sure and for that, she looked up to confirm her doubts, but gasped when what she saw was a guy, pushing himself off a skateboard and seeming as if he was landing on her and she couldn't do anything but squeeze her eyes shut. She was sure he'd fall on her and she'd fall on the floor, and was rather imagining the bruises which will form on her body. And as weird as it was, the only thing that ran through her mind, was how frustrated her mother will be when she'll see the bruises. Because of course, that would lessen Amy's chance to always be the perfect daughter. But even with her eyes closed, she felt no impact. Only strong steady hands wrapped around her waist and kept her from falling. They did tumble back, but the guy was fast enough to gain his balance back, and steady her with him. Amy could feel her body being pressed up against the stranger, his arms tight around her to keep her from falling, and she debated on either yelping and shoving him away, or simply thanking him. But what made her snap back to reality, was the fact that her book, was not in her hands anymore, probably thrown away when they collided. And once she snapped her eyes open, darting them from the black tank top up to his face, she froze.

Steven Miller. It had to be Steven Miller. Of course, how else would my day turn south? She ranted inwardly. He was the, as he was called by every student in high school, the bad-ass.
The reckless.
Danger.
She had heard many stories about him, she had witnessed a few of his reckless behavior, and she had tried her best to stay away from him. Amy was told to steer away from his direction. He was bad news. He was chaos. And yet, there he was, still holding her in his arms, both frozen to spot as he somehow ended up, not messing her life, but in fact saving it. For now. But yet, as she looked up into his hazel eyes, she found her tongue twisted. Unable to speak up for a slight moment until a passing car honked for whatever reason, making Amy jump up slightly, startled at the sound. The sound of water being splashed as the car passed making her break the eye contact between them to her right side, and her eyes went wide. Her favorite book was drenched in what looked like water, but she could only imagine how filthy it was. It laid there, completely drenched, dirty and scrambled on the road, in the middle of the pool of water the car had just passed by. And the first thing that came out of her mouth, was not a thank you, or an apology, or anything toward Steven but rather toward her ruined book.
"My book! Oh God it's ruined!" She panicked slightly, wondering how will her sister react to Amy having destroyed the book they both loved dearly. She pushed herself away from Steven and turned to her book, crouching doing beside it as she groaned.
Now the next thing that came out of her mouth, even surprised her. Amy wasn't one to be witty and sarcastic to just anyone, only to the people who deserved it. And let's be honest, Steven may have bumped into her but he did not deserve her cold side. But neverless, that was what he go as Amy glanced at him and narrowed her eyes "Did you really have to skate on the pavement? No no, don't answer that. Of course you did, it's not like there was a skate park just a few minutes away." Sarcasm dripped from her words as she shook her head and looked back at the book before sighing and standing up, dusting her white sundress as she did before turning to Steven again, looking around him for her backpack, which of course, dropped as well.

Steven held on for dear life to make sure that the girl didn't land on the pavement. It was one thing to run into the poor girl but he wasn't going to let her fall, and of course it was his natural instinct to pull her closer to him. When he caught himself his eyes darted down to see exactly who he hit and his eyes widened slightly. It was none of than Amy White or what he and his crew liked to call "Little Miss Perfect". Everyone in school knew about Amy as much as they knew about him. Her parents were big named people and Amy and her older sister were extremely beautiful. Almost every guy and some girls for that matter wanted a piece of them. Ah damn just my luck. Steven sighed to himself as his eyes darted over to the car that made a splash in the puddle that was left over from the rain two days ago. Still out of any other girl he could have collided into it had to be Amy. He had heard stories about her parents strict rules and how she was no fun despite her good looks. To Steven he saw her as a balled up firecracker waiting to explode but he knew she would never to do it. She was too busy trying to please people that she never would.

"My book! Oh God it's ruined!" Steven ran his hand through his curly hair as he saw her book completely soaked from the car and he looked from the book to Amy's facial expression and then back to the book. Whatever book it was he knew that she cared deeply for it. She probably cared more for it than anyone she 'd ever known...well besides her parents. He went to open his mouth and apologize but before he could speak Amy had beat him to it. "Did you really have to skate on the pavement? No no, don't answer that. Of course you did, it's not like there was a skate park just a few minutes away." At her yelling Steven frowned and then turned from her and reached for his board which wasn't but a few feet away and then Amy's bag which he flung around his shoulder walking into the street and over towards the drenched book.

" Listen princess I'm sorry about your..book but it's not the end of the world. And for your information I just came form the skate park but I was on my way to catch the sunset near the lake". As he spoke Steven bent down and pulled the book out the puddle and flung it out to get most of the water off but some of the water got to the pages. " The Alchemist huh? This is a really good book I read this a couple of times over the years". Steven stepped back on his board pushing off on one leg and circling Amy before handing her her bag " It's hot just keep the book in the sun and it'll be good as new". He winked before cruising around her some more. " Look I never, and I mean never seen you do anything even remotely interesting since I've known you so.... I'll give you this precious book back if you can prove to me that you know how to do at least one thing out of your "perfect" lifestyle".

Amy may have heard of Steven, but she actually never thought they'd encounter. And especially not like that. When her eyes landed on her bag, it was already slung over Steven's shoulder, who, ever so calmly, picked it up then passed her by as he went to the book and picked it up as well. She wasn't sure what were his intentions. But she knew one thing, it wasn't going to be good for her. He was bad influence, even his whole aura stood for that. His notorious self and attractive looks did well to not deceive the stories she'd heard of him, told by girls, who almost worshiped the ground that he walked on, which most of the time got Amy to roll her eyes at them. She never thought of him too much, she was just curious enough to listen to the stories, and them alone, told her to stay away. He played with girls like an everyday afternoon tea party. He was one who cared not for love. Who thought to only live in the moment, which also meant do and ditch. The girls of course, do and ditch the girls. And if the matter of the girls, who despite knowing his intentions still worshiped the ground he walked on, wasn't enough to make her dislike him and want to stay away, Steven's friends were the same as him. And all together, they were even worse than him when he's alone. And she couldn't imagine the damages they cause daily. And what he could cause her.

"Listen princess, I'm sorry about your.. book but it's not the end of the world. And for your information I just came from the skate park but I was on my way to catch the sunset near the lake". His words were careless, he didn't sound mad nor.. Anything really. And Amy found herself raising an eyebrow as she watched him with her book. She wanted it back even if it was ruined. But as it was in his hands, she knew there was something that was going on in his mind. And she had a feeling it was going to make her late to get home.
" The Alchemist huh? This is a really good book I read this a couple of times over the years". Now that, surprised her. She had never thought Steven Miller would be one to read, especially not a book like The Alchemist "You read? Why do I have a very hard time believing that?" She spoke up, crossing her arms over her chest, her eyebrow still raised as she spoke her witty sarcastic words. But now, with his dangerous mischievous look which glanced at her , she knew some plan was forming in his mind. That was when the circling began. Amy watched as Steven went on his skateboard again, her stuff in his hands as he circled around her which only made her go stiff.
" It's hot just keep the book in the sun and it'll be good as new". He explained and Amy couldn't help but scoff. Her sister will throw it out as soon as she sees how filthy it was now. Her mother will cringe for why she brought it back, but Amy still wanted it. She was going to follow Steven's instruction and keep the book to herself, she will not tell her sister about the incident.
But the next thing Steven did, made her blink in surprise. Because he winked. Actually winked at her. And instead of replying or anything, Amy rolled her eyes at that. She was lacking in responses, but everytime he looked at her, she either gave him an expressionless look, a roll of the eyes or most of all, she glared. Because she knew better than those weak girl who fell for his charms - Although she was sure circling around her and speaking so carelessly and winking wasn't actually his charm- and she knew better than to let him affect her.

Steven then gave her her bag, and for that, she was actually confused he had given it back so fast, but soon, her unspoken question was answered with his next words "Look I never, and I mean never seen you do anything even remotely interesting since I've known you so.... I'll give you this precious book back if you can prove to me that you know how to do at least one thing out of your "perfect" lifestyle". Now who wouldn't be affected by these words coming out of his mouth, practically telling her she was a complete bore her whole life? Definitely not Amy. Because she was affected. Big time. "Look, big guy, I have no time for your little games. I have to be home by six thirty and you are making me run late. Now give me the book so I can be on my way." She said sternly and added "Oh and I can be fun, but I don't go around being reckless like some five year old unleashed on the streets." She didn't know where all that even came from, her words and her anger. How could some simple words affect her so much, she had no idea. But she wasn't being the girl she was raised to be. The girl who should have turned and walked away, thinking she would buy another copy of The Alchemist. Instead, she was coming back at him with fire, and she was being as feisty and hotheaded as ever as her blood boiled at Steven's words and she had a pretty comeback instead of a walk away. She was blurring the reputation people had spread about her calmness and politeness. And now she was sure, he's never leave her be just like she asked. Not after what she said. Because obviously, she just fueled the fire.

Reactions: Vbx.n
Steven smirked somewhat at Amy's smart remark about her not knowing that he actually read. It wasn't a surprise to him anymore since most people just assumed that with the " bad boy" title that he did bad in school. Boy where they wrong. He did what he wanted not just because he felt like it but because he could. He wasn't the guy that went straight home and did his work or cracked down on heavy studying but he did get his work done and he definitely had the grades to relax so to speak. " Look I know it might come to a bit of a surprise since you only think people on your caliber like to read but in case you forgot where I was grade wise or your little friends forgot to tell you but I'm doing just fine". With that he smiled a small triumph smile like he had won a small prize but he did mentally when he proved people wrong. It was fun for him. He noticed as he circled around her with his board she gave him glares or rolled his eyes. Usually other girls shyly batted their lashes and blushed or kept eye contact and smiled.

He thought that he knew her like a book. Little miss quiet who always had to answer to her parents like as if she was five and she still needed them to walk her through life. In Steven's mind he thought it was sad. Being scrutinized for every little thing and look down upon as a prize to show off to others rather than a regular teenager would drive him mad. But then again everyone was full of surprises."Look, big guy, I have no time for your little games. I have to be home by six thirty and you are making me run late. Now give me the book so I can be on my way.Oh and I can be fun, but I don't go around being reckless like some five year old unleashed on the streets." Steven was indeed stunned for a moment. Amy actually had some balls? That was a first. Never did he think she would be the one to talk back...to anyone yet here she was mad as ever and Steven just stared because even though she hated him, he thought that she was amazing in that very moment.

" You're just full of surprises aren't you?". This girl really didn't know what she was about to drag herself into but Steven was not going to pass this moment up at all. He stepped off his board and stared down at her with his hazel eyes piercing her blue. " What's the rush princess? Mom and Dad want you home so they can tell you what else to do with your life? Its summer vacation for Christ sake and all you can worry about is going home? I wonder how tight that leash they have on you really is". Steven paused for a moment taking a step closer to her closing in on the distance. He wasn't going to be one upped by her, not a chance.

Now there was many ways to go about this situation and if Steven wanted he could have proved her wrong and been the bigger person and got back on his skateboard and went on to the lake but Amy had a way of pushing his buttons that no one else did and that alone bothered him. " For one I'm not reckless I just have fun, maybe if you weren't on such a tight leash you would know what that's like. So here is what were going to do since you know how to have fun. Steven paused tossing the book from hand to hand as his eyes remained level with Amy's. " Kiss me and the book is all yours...I mean unless that goes against your parents rules princess". Stevens lips curved into a coy smile because he knew that he was about to win, because no one not even miss Amy White would get under his skin.

Reactions: Valiente
"Look I know it might come to a bit of a surprise since you only think your caliber like to read but in case you forgot where I was grade wise or your little friends forgot to tell you I'm doing just fine." Amy was surprised that he actually defended his education and his grades, which apparently weren't as low as she thought they'd be. But she did not miss her change to smile sarcastically and retort back "Sorry big guy, my friends and I don't really speak of you anyway." She smirked and watched him as he circled, his eyes twinkling with amusement with each sentence they retorted to each other. And even thought Amy knew this was just a simple game to him, she refused to turn around and leave, she would not give him the satisfaction of winning. But she couldn't just not notice his adorable smile. A genuine triumphal smile. Sure, he felt triumphal over her and that would have madden her, but his smile -which was the first he'd ever wore since what he always had on was a smirk- made her just.. leave it be for now. Besides, she was sure she'll get to retort a few sarcastic words back if they continued to speak.

There was just something about Steven Miller. Something that made Amy boil. She wasn't one to fuel so quickly, to unleash some hidden anger like that. No, she was usually calm, and quiet. But Steven had a way about him, which made her go nuts. And what? They've spoke to each other for ten minutes and already they were passing sarcastic and teasing remarks. She couldn't imagine what a whole day with him would be considered of, but fights and bickers. They were just too opposites. He liked fire, she liked ice. He liked to experience new things with no plans ahead, while she would prefer to go by her routine and schedule knowing her every next step. But when she lastly noted oh so politely about him being an unleashed five year old, she knew he would not let it go now. And she was right. Because although he looked stunned by her comeback, he quickly recovered and suddenly, his voice dropped interested now, and he stared at her.

Amy was never one to back down easily, that was one thing, even her parents knew. Which annoyed her mother. Amy was known to be stubborn. And maybe it was the fact that is was Steven Miller who was staring at her, daring her to keep her eyes on him as well. But she did it. She stared back. But that wasn't the surprising part." You're just full of surprises aren't you? What's the rush princess? Mom and Dad want you home so they can tell you what else to do with your life? Its summer vacation for Christ sake and all you can worry about is going home? I wonder how tight that leash they have on you really is." Not only did Steven stare, but he dared to speak to her in a manner that Amy took challenging. And offensive. She pressed her lips in a thin line and her stare, turned into a glare at his words. And even when he stepped off his skateboard and walked closer up, she didn't move. She wasn't going to back away, not after his words. So she stood her ground, even when he was just an inch away from pressing his body against hers. Even though she could feel his breath hit face gently as he spoke, because yes, he was that close. Now if any of Amy's friends or family walked by, they would not recognize her, with the glare and the stubbornness, but most of all, with her very close proximity with none other than Steven, the guy they all warned her about "Mom and dad may advice me, but I do take my own decisions" Lie. "I don't let them lead my life." Lie again. "And technically, it is not summer vacation yet, not until school is over which is in a week. But I mean, you wouldn't know. You act like such a kid, you'd know summer vacation from winter by the weather and not the actual facts." She said, being the smartass she was.

" For one I'm not reckless I just have fun, maybe if you weren't on such a tight leash you would know what that's like. So here is what were going to do since you know how to have fun. Kiss me and the book is all yours...I mean unless that goes against your parents rules princess. " For a second, Amy thought he was joking. By all means, the guy's a joker himself, a guy who always has fun and jokes. So she naturally thought he was joking. But the challenging glint in his eyes, the coy smile plastered on his face while he never broke eye contact -and neither did she- told her otherwise. He wasn't kidding. But surprisingly, Amy smiled back, titling her head mockingly "That is so predictable of you." She scoffed and kept her eyes piercing in his "Steven Miller. The unpredictable guy, is actually pretty predictable." She repeated, with a smug tone in her voice "Who would've thought huh? but I don't blame you. You are a reckless guy. A Live in the moment kind of guy. So of course, a kiss would be your choice, especially with that reputation of yours with the girls. But my dear big guy" She said and raised her hand to his chest, leaning closer just enough to tease him while her eyes bore in his and her voice dropped in a whisper "Don't you know? I'm not like the girls who've fallen for your tricks." She couldn't help but smirk, her eyes darting down to his lips before trailing back up "And the only way my lips would seal on yours, would be if you had fallen in love with me. And I, for you." With that, she scoffed ever so softly, her warm breath hitting his lips "But we both know, you are incapable of that."With that, she stepped back ever so suddenly and looked even unfazed, like she had done nothing a second ago. Her words held a high tone of challenge. And she didn't know where that even came from, but she wasn't backing down. She had reversed it on him, so instead of him pushing her to do something she wouldn't, she was implying he actually couldn't do the same thing he wanted her to do. Change.

Things were definitively heating up and Steven actually didn't mind standing where he was arguing with someone he'd never thought of having a conversation with then heading to the lake but here he was going. The two of them had been going back and forth for minutes, word for word and neither of them backed down nor did they look away. If it was a challenge that Amy wanted then it was a challenge that he was going to give her. Amy wasn't like the rest of the girls at school he'd give her that. Either they liked him, didn't speak to him but liked him from a distance, or just simply hated him like Amy did and avoided him all together. "Mom and dad may advice me, but I do take my own decisions" . "I don't let them lead my life. And technically, it is not summer vacation yet, not until school is over which is in a week. But I mean, you wouldn't know. You act like such a kid, you'd know summer vacation from winter by the weather and not the actual facts." Steven chuckled slightly leaning his head back before looking back at her. He knew that was a bold face lie because everyone knew how her parents were even if they hadn't met them directly. And Amy's older sister was a carbon copy of their mother with Amy not to far behind.

Once Steven set his challenge he figured she would punk out ad say something smart before walking away if she said anything. They were nothing alike just butting heads and he knew he wasn't going to be the one to back down. As he stared at her he could see that same determination running through her eyes and he shoved his hands into his pocket. This was getting oh so very interesting. "That is so predictable of you." He knew that she would say something like that but I mean he was a guy after all but also because he knew that there was no way Amy would do it. She was a little goody too shoes who did what was expected of her and not what she wanted to do and that irked him the most. She was her parents living puppet. "Steven Miller. The unpredictable guy, is actually pretty predictable." She repeated, with a smug tone in her voice "Who would've thought huh? but I don't blame you. You are a reckless guy. A Live in the moment kind of guy. So of course, a kiss would be your choice, especially with that reputation of yours with the girls. But my dear big guy" When Amy placed her hand on his chest Steven raised an eyebrow feeling the heat radiate through his body but he kept his eyes glued to her's because he was still in control.

"Don't you know? I'm not like the girls who've fallen for your tricks"And the only way my lips would seal on yours, would be if you had fallen in love with me. And I, for you." A challenge. A damn challenge on top of another and Steven parted his mouth slightly watching as she teased him. He wanted to close the gap to reach over and cup her cheek and let his lips trail over her own to tease her back and show her who was really in charge but he was to taken back to respond to her actions."But we both know, you are incapable of that." Another challenge and boy was thing changing everything. When Amy stepped back Steven watched her and he bit down on her bottom lip glaring at her. " So you think I'm incapable of falling in love and making you fall in love with me? Okay fine princess we'll have it your way. We have this whole entire summer and I will make you fall in love with me". Steven paused as he eyed her for a moment.

She had changed his game of challenge and challenged him and Steven was impressed, he was actually amazed to say the least. Love was something that he never really thought of because he had never been in love. Everyone now threw out the word so loosely that it meant nothing anymore. The girls in the school called him an ass because they would profess their love and Steven would simply respond in " Oh I like you a lot" or "I care about you". But he would never say it back because he didn't and because he told himself he wouldn't be like those other guys who said it as a pussy free card. He was going to say it because he actually meant it. Now here he was having a wonderful day which turned into something different. Not bad but definitively different.

Not being in love or loving someone was fine for him because it meant no one had to get hurt in the end and that was one of the reasons he avoided it all together. Steven chuckled slightly looking over at Amy and then taking two swift strides and handed her the book. " You got yourself a challenge princess be prepared for me to win and also for what your getting yourself into". His eyes darted down to her lips in the same teasing manner that she had done to him minutes before and then he met her eyes and smiled before giving her a simple wave and then started cruising down the street on his board. It took him about ten minutes to hit the lake and by the time he got there , there were a few people out by the rocks who had the same idea as him. Steven's mind was running at everything that had went down and it definitely wasn't how he figured he'd start ending his day but then again everything happened for a reason. Hr hopped off his board and then made his way to the big rock and saw down on it pulling out his phone as he looked down near the water and the people. Let the games begin.

Reactions: Valiente
Love, was never on Amy's mind. No, she wasn't a pessimist about it, she did not think of it badly, but she simply had never experienced it first hand. Even if she oh so calmly challenged Steven about it. Since she was a little kid, Amy had never thought of love too much. Not even watching Cinderella Story and her love life, or snow white, or any other animated movie which girls dreamed of having the same love life. She didn't expect much from it. Seeing her parents' love -if that was even love- and her lifestyle, never gave her much to hope for. Although Kate, her sister, was actually a total sucker for romance and have already found her man and was now engaged, Amy was different. She wasn't disappointed with the thought of love at any moment, because she didn't expect much from it. Even though guys, on a daily basis, tried to catch her attention, she wasn't even interested in getting herself all tangled up. She had enough to worry about, between her studies and her parents and everything, she had enough on her plate.

So imagine her own surprise, when she challenged Steven to fall in love. That was never Amy's plan, even as she confidently said it was a challenge of hers, she never really meant it. But between their constant back and forth, his words pushing her buttons and hers, pushing his, she had said it, and the challenge was on the table. And she was not backing out. She could feel Steven's eyes on her when she stepped back, but didn't look up until he spoke up, making her eyes snap up to meet his glaring ones " So you think I'm incapable of falling in love and making you fall in love with me? Okay fine princess we'll have it your way. We have this whole entire summer and I will make you fall in love with me " His words pierced through the silence between them and she was stunned. He was actually taking on her challenge while she had simply thought he'd laugh and walk away, which any sane person would do. But not Steven, of course not. And definitely not her. None of them was backing away, and now, a challenge has settles between them.

Between Amy's shocked self -but still remaining composed expression in front of Steven- and her mind going wild, she didn't notice him take a few strides to her again, until her book was extended to her. She looked down on it but didn't hesitate to take it as Steven spoke "You got yourself a challenge princess be prepared for me to win and also for what your getting yourself into " And as true as his words were, about what she was getting herself into, she couldn't help but scoff but that soon stopped as he darted his eyes to her lips just like she did earlier, staring for barely seconds before looking back up at her and actually smiling. Amy shook her head "You're on big guy. Let's see what you've got." She said, her voice coming out as confident as ever. And again, she had no idea where all this came from, apparently, Steven affected her a lot and fueled her a lot. And all of that, in barely a few minutes, she couldn't imagine what would happen later on. She watched him stray away and picked up her own path to her house again, her mind going wild. She couldn't believe it. She had spent her whole high school experience, avoiding him. Avoiding anyone like him, but within a few minutes, there she was, challenging each other and ending up with a love challenge. This was all bound to backfire, on both of them, and that, Amy was sure of. But even yet, she wasn't going to back away, not now, it was too late.

When Amy got home, she was five minutes late. And as soon as she stepped inside her house, her mother was standing in front of the door, arms crossed and her eyebrow raised as she stared at her daughter "And where were you?" Amy simply gripped her bag a bit tighter to stay calm and she smiled apologetically at her mother "I'm sorry. Hannah and I got caught up with out project and didn't realize the time." She lied smoothly and Heather, her mother, pressed her lips in a thin line, which only indicated how disappointed in Amy she was, again "Young lady, you know fully well that time is essential. I have taught you that haven't I? Don't waste more than a second you should on whatever you have if you have other plans, which in this case, was dinner with your own family." She scolded and Amy nodded "It won't happen again mother." Her voice was distant, almost emotionless, but that was how she always addressed her mother. Just like how Dalia addressed Amy. Motherly love? No, Amy never encountered that. They both headed into the dining room, where her father sat on the head of the table, and Kate on his side. Amy smiled at Kate, who shook her head at her for being late and her father simply sighed "Finally. I'm starving, shall we eat?" His voice came out confident and deep, as his eyes didn't even meet Amy's, but looked down at the full table in front of them. Dalia smiled and took the other end of the table "Of course dear. Amy, take a seat." Amy did as told and sat across Kate, almost picking at her food, too lost in her own mind to focus on the lame conversations her family addressed "Amy, what have I said about playing with your food?" Her mother scolded again and Amy froze just as she was about to toss her food to the other side of her plate. She kept her eyes down though and nodded, didn't bother with an answer. After dinner, Amy didn't stay long, she excused herself to her room and took a long hot bath, trying to relax, but that was something she hadn't been able to do so in a long time. She then stepped out, changed into her PJ's, a simple white tank top and black short shorts -despite her mother's opinion that she should wear gowns, Amy hated them- and she climbed into her bed, falling asleep rather quickly. She was getting sick of this everyday routine. And something told her, from tomorrow and so on, things were about to change.

Steven left the lake once it got dark and he cruised on his board passing by the houses before he reached his block. He had no curfew or set times that he needed to be home because his parents already knew that he wouldn't listen. His parents stopped giving Steven a curfew when he had turned thirteen. There was no need for rules the only thing his mother asked of him was to keep his grades up at all times and his father wanted him to play a sport or do some type of outside activity. The first two years of highschool Steven played basketball and football but junior year he only did basketball and then spent the rest of his time boarding or at the gym.

When he opened the door to his house he could smell his mothers cooking and be turned his head in the direction of the kitchen to see that she was finished cooking. His older brother who was in his first year of college was home with a plate of his moms favorite steak and mash patatoes and his father was next to him watching the playoffs on the television. His older sister was out on business and trying to keep calm about finding the perfect wedding dress since she had goten engaged to her fiancé three months back. " I'm home" Steven spoke and his mother looked up from the kitchen and smiled. She had sandy brown hair and blue eyes that reminded you of the ocean with a small frame and a loving smile. Steven grabbed a plate and joined his father and his brother. " Anything interesting happen today SJ?" The nickname his father gave him when he was a kid and yet he still used it but Steven didn't mind. His father was a tall built man with mocha skin completion and dark brown eyes to match. " My day was pretty good pops , I ran into someone pretty interesting and I have a challenge to win". His father raised an eyebrow and laughed lightly before shaking his head . " You and your challenges".

After dinner with his family Steven went upstairs to his room and placed his board on the ground and chucked off his clothes and jumped into the shower. When he was done he laid on his bed and stared at the ceiling at what seemed like forever. The challenge had begun and now he was drawn into her world like she was to his. Frankie messages him asking if he wanted to ride wit him to school put Steven responded that he has other plans and he smiled for a moment before eventually falling asleep.

The next morning Steven was already up before his alarm clock and he turned it off before running his hands through his messy hair and stretched. After his shower he threw on an obey t shirt and some cargo shorts that hung loosely off his hips. His bucket hat was fresh on his head and he grabbed his keys off the table before heading out. Usually he would have drove over and picked up his boys or Frankie if he was too lazy to use his own car but today he has other plans in store.

Steven climbed in his car and then pulled up in from of the White house. His bro sent him the address last night. Once he pulled up Steven honked his horn loudly a couple of times and then he got out the car looking up at the house with a slight grin. He was definitely going to get into character with this. Steven pulled up to the door and knocked waiting patiently before someone opened the door. To his surprise it was Amy's sister Kate and she looked at him in shock and then gave him the same glare Amy gave him. " What do you want Steven?" Her voice was stern as if to offend him but Steven smile brightly and looked at her. " You must be Kate. I'm here to pick up your sister for school..is that okay?". Kate looked at Steven in shock and disbelief And then she turned her head and called out her sisters name, not taking her eyes off him

Last edited:
barbara-palvin-marie-claire-uk-7_0.jpg
img-thing

The next day, when Amy woke up, for a mere second, she thought it was all a dream. Just simple fiction. She stood up, and ran her hand through her soft hair before looking around. And when her eyes landed on the ruined book on her desk, the lazy smile on her face vanished. It wasn't a dream, and she indeed, walked herself in the fire. She shook her head, determined not to let that ruin her last days of school and her summer. She wasn't going to let the bad boy get under her skin. With that in mind, she went into her bathroom, and took a quick shower to freshen up. Once she was done, having cleared her mind off the reckless guy who somehow managed to step into her life after being so careful to not let him do that. Wrapping herself in a white towel, she walked into her walk-in closet and picked out her outfit. Some jeans shorts and a white t-shirt, with a soft, light open sweater, sleeves up to her elbows. She added a necklace and some bracelets before slipping on her white converse. Once she was done, she brushed her hair and kept it loosely framing her face. Then, she added a light layer of foundation to give her face some lively color and she was done. She checked herself in the mirror and smiled.

"Amy! Come down here!" The words echoed in Amy's house just as she was spraying her perfume. She frowned, Kate's voice sounding rather angry then anything. She sighed, and picked up her bag before walking out of her room "Amy!" Kate yelled again, which only made Amy roll her eyes and sigh as she came down the stairs "Gosh I'm coming!" She yelled back and added "What do you-" She cut herself in mid-sentence, and froze in the middle of the stairs as she noticed why Kate was yelling for her to come downstairs. And why she was mad. Amy's eyes widened at the sight of none other than the guy she had tried all morning to forget about. And their challenge. She stared at Steven with pure shock, how could he do that? Be so bold and come up to her own house, and so calmly knock on the front door when Amy was sure he knew what Kate and her parents thought of him. That only, made her worry even more about his appearance in her house. She dreaded the moment if her mother saw him, that would be a disaster. Kate's clear of throat brought her back to reality suddenly and Amy's eyes snapped to her sister's glaring ones. She was mad, and Amy understood why. She finally stepped down the stairs again and reached the front door, her eyes on Steven, with a glare of course. When she reached the front door, she turned to Kate "I'll tell you later." She didn't need to say more, Kate understood that Amy will explain, and with that, she shook her head "You better. And it better not be what I think it is, because if you two are together that would be chaotic Amy, you know that right?" Kate almost scowled like their mother, ignoring Steven's presence and Amy nodded almost expressionless "I know. And no, we're not together" She couldn't help but smirk "He'd wish." She knew Steven could hear her perfectly as he was barely a few feet away and that was exactly why she had said it, referring to how he will fail the challenge. Kate narrowed her eyes but nodded doubtfully then left and as she walked away, she spoke her last words "I want an explanation by this afternoon Amy. Or else, this is going to mother." Amy ignored that, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, clenching her fists at her sides as she did, remembering how that whole thing with Kate now, was all Steven's fault. He came. When he knew he shouldn't have. But yet again, he wouldn't be Steven if he didn't come.

Now Amy didn't want to let Steven get under her skin, that's what she had kept telling herself upstairs. But yet, she felt her blood boil with anger as she stood in front of him "What are you doing here?!" She hissed at him and looked around, making sure not her mother nor her father were in sight before locking her gaze back on Steven "How'd you know where I live? And why on earth would you come down here this early in the m-" She stopped, the puzzle of his plan completing in her mind. And she scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest and raising an eyebrow curiously "If you think, I am going to ride with you to school, then you're very much wrong big guy." She said, shaking her head as her voice suddenly dropped the angry tone. It was strange, but now that she knew his intentions, she wasn't so mad. Sure, he still showed up at the worst place he could ever show up, but luckily nobody but Kate saw him. And hopefully, Amy would get Kate to not tell mother. Her words came out confident, and in huge certainty, because no matter how crazy and careless and .. free Steven was, he wouldn't do anything like pick her up and throw her in the car, or drag her to the car and lock her in. He wasn't that reckless.. was he? Amy questioned but quickly dismissed the thought. I need to stop watching so much Tv, she thought to herself, he wouldn't do it. No, he wasn't that crazy.

Steven stood there looking at Kate and he knew that she was a carbon copy of their mom. He had seen Amy's parents a few times before but never up close and personal as in a actual conversation. He knew what their parents thought of him, that he was reckless, careless , and cared little about anything that didn't excite him. He couldn't blame them since most people thought of him that way on a day to day basis but it still bothered him somewhat. People just assumed that with the whole " bad boy" title that he was either failing school or was doing drugs, etc. He had heard all the stories about him and it made him laugh. People loved to assume the worst before even really knowing the situation but Steven let them assume because only he really knew the truth. As Kate glared him down Steven didn't avert his eyes anywhere else because that meant he was intimidated or that she made him uncomfortable and she didn't at all.

As he stood there he could only imagine how it would have been if Amy's mother or father would have answered the door. They would have been even more made then Kate and he didn't even know if it was possible. When he head Amy's voice Steven looked over to see her standing on the steps just as shocked as Kate had been when she opened the door. When Amy reached the door he looked back and forth from sister to sister. "I'll tell you later." "You better. And it better not be what I think it is, because if you two are together that would be chaotic Amy, you know that right?I want an explanation by this afternoon Amy. Or else, this is going to mother." Steven was somewhat stunned. All this time he had thought that Amy had been sucked under her parents leash the most but it was actually Kate who was trapped the most. Hearing the two talk to each other made him wonder exactly went on in the White house. He assumed everything was planned out from the moment they woke up and they were timed. If things didn't go according to plan they would hear their mother or father's wrath. Steven frowned at the thought and it made him want to get Amy away from her house as far as possible.

When Kate walked away Steven smiled at Amy in a warm and friendly greeting but that moment was cut down short when she spoke."What are you doing here?!" " Well I figured that I'd come pick you up since I got your book w- His words were cut off when Amy spoke again. "And "How'd you know where I live?How earth would you come down here this early in the m-If you think, I am going to ride with you to school, then you're very much wrong big guy." Steven stood there looking at Amy with an unreadable expression on his face and he stared at her for a moment. Steven looked back at his car and then back at her. " Look I know your mad because your whole morning routine is ruined but I came here to pick you up as a trues for causing your book to get we and since I'm already here princess you are coming to school with me".

Steven took three steps to close in the gap between them and his eyes looked down at hers. " I told you yesterday to know what your getting yourself into when you made the challenge princess". He smiled before wrapping his arms around her and then in one swift movement he picked her up in his arms. She had to have known this was coming. Since she didn't want to get in the car because she was so damn stubborn he'd be that guy and carry her to the car because he was stubborn as well. Amy was so light in his arms that Steven gently pulled her close to his body to feel her body warmth and make sure he wasn't going to drop her. It took a couple of steps to reach his car but suddenly Steven wished it was longer and he slowly but reluctantly placed her down on the passenger side and opened the door.

" You know stubbornness isn't going to work with me, just relax for once". Steven waited for Amy to get in the car with all her complaints before he climbed in the drivers side and then pulled off. It took literally six to eight minutes to get to school and Steven pulled up to the schools parking lot in a matter of minutes. He remove the bucket hat form his head and tossed it in the back seat before running his hand through his hair and turning off the car. " See was that to bad Princess?". Most of the kids were filling into the school but there was always that few who lingered to chat with friends. Steven knew that Amy's head was spinning with worry about what her friends wold think and he looked over at her with a smirk. " If anyone asks just ignore them..unless- Steven leaned over to where their lips were just inches apart and his hazel eyes pierced hers. " You want to tell them we're dating". His lips formed up into a smile and he slowly leaned back and then climbed out the car. " Oh yeah and whatever plans you have on your tight leash schedule..cancel them cause your with me".

images

"Look I know your mad because your whole morning routine is ruined but I came here to pick you up as a trues for causing your book to get we and since I'm already here princess you are coming to school with me " Amy was a stubborn girl. That was clear to pretty much everyone. So even when Steven sounded innocent, sounded being a keyword, she still stood in her place and shook her head. She wasn't going to go with him. But then, everything changed. Three steps was all it took. Now Amy wasn't an idiot, but when Steven stepped closer, she was an idiot to not step away. Because it was clear, he wouldn't step closer just to hover over her. There was something behind it and whatever it was, Amy should have known better and stepped back. But ofcourse, she didn't. She wasn't one to step down, back or whatever, that easily. Stubbornly, she stood in her place and narrowed her eyes up at him as he closed the gap between them. Somehow, for some unknown reason, her heart fluttered when he closed the gap. But she didn't give too much thoughts into it. She wouldn't give him that satisfaction that easily.

"I told you yesterday to know what your getting yourself into when you made the challenge princess" His words, held a promise behind them. One that wasn't good, not in Amy's books. But really, nothing Steven said was good in Amy's book, his whole mindset was different, and from the way she had been raised, it was bad different. She raised an eyebrow at him, about to speak up when suddenly she felt his strong arms wrap around her yet again and pick her up. She gasped, her face flushing as she stubbornly demanded for him to let her down. Amy wasn't one who felt surprised a lot. Clearly. Since her life was already planned ahead, she barely met the situations where surprise and shock would actually have place in it. But from the moment she met Steven, in barely twenty four hours and even less, she had shocked more than she had in her whole life. "Steven Miller, you let me down right now! Or I'll.. I'll" She then frowned and stopped struggling "Gosh, there's nothing I could probably threaten you with, that you'll actually feel threatened." She mumbled grumpily and felt his arms tighten around her as he walked to his car, she couldn't help but feel a bit safer in his arms, as stupid as that was. And she quickly shook that thought away and she kept her hard gaze on him as he put her down "You know stubbornness isn't going to work with me, just relax for once. " She stared up at him as he opened the car door for her and she pressed her lips in a thin line stubbornly. He was partly right, because he was just as stubborn as her, but that did not mean she was just going to give in "I can relax perfectly fine, i just choose not to, especially around you." She grumbled mostly to herself referring to his careless acts and how she could end up in trouble if she indeed relaxed around him and got dragged in his world. She reluctantly climbed in the passenger's seat as she grumbled those words since she knew he wouldn't let her go back into her house. And she still did not want to be late, so she had better to get in.

The drive was short, and she refused to speak up even, crossing her hands over her chest stubbornly and keeping her gaze on the road in front of them. Never, would she had thought she'd be riding with Steven to school, and through the whole ride, she was worried. Their school was a normal one, with gossip and drama dominating the place. Gossip. And she knew, Steven and her will be the huge drop today, and everyone would be talking by the time second period starts. When they parked the car in the school's parking lot, she was worried. How couldn't she? She knew for one, Hannah would be thrilled. Because that little midget would love some action in Amy's life as she had tried to get her to stray away from her parents for quite a while, but the rest of their friends, were not going to like that. Her posh friends as Hannah called them, were exactly like her. Her thoughts were interrupted as Steven turned to face her "See was that to bad Princess?" Amy threw him a look but he was quick to continue before she was able to retort something sarcastic at him "If anyone asks just ignore them..unless-" Steven leaned over to where their lips were just inches apart and his hazel eyes pierced hers, making Amy's heart race involuntarily as she stared at him, feeling the heat from close proximity between them, and for some sick reason, she didn't mind it. Get yourself together Amy! She scolded herself just as he continued " You want to tell them we're dating". His lips formed up into a smile and Amy was quick to scoff "You wish big guy, because we are not dating and you, aren't going to win this challenge. There's no way we would kiss, and there is no way, you could make me fall in love with you." She said just as they both got out of the car, and for once, Amy didn't dart her eyes around them, she was too worried about that still as everyone's shocked gaze were on them, everyone. From the nerds, to the outcasts, to Steven's friends and to her friends. Everyone. Amy planned to just walk away from Steven, thankful that he hadn't pulled anything in front of everyone that would just make them any more suspicious, but his words made her halt " Oh yeah and whatever plans you have on your tight leash schedule..cancel them cause your with me" She peaked a look at him and raised a curious eyebrow "You think I'll just cancel them for you? You obviously don't know me, or my stubbornness." She scoffed, and shook her head at him "You know what?" She stepped closer to him, but still kept a couple of steps between them "Let's make this interesting. The one who falls in love first," She smirked and looked up at him, her blue eyes piercing in his hazel ones "Loses."

Steven's friends usually arrived to school just before the last bell rang or they were late. He assumed for the most part that Amy's friends were already at school. What other people thought about him and the gossip that went on meant nothing to him. Either his name was in someone else's mouth or someone else was the great topic for discussion and right now the only thing people kept whispering on about was Tyson Wells who was starting quarterback girlfriend Rebecca cheating on him with a black guy named Kennan. Steven knew his comment got under Amy's skin just by her facial expression and it made him grin once more."You wish big guy, because we are not dating and you, aren't going to win this challenge. There's no way we would kiss, and there is no way, you could make me fall in love with you. Eh so doubtful of her but he didn't back down from challenges and he never would. Steven turned his head to the side slightly in amusement."You think I'll just cancel them for you? You obviously don't know me, or my stubbornness."

" Well I do think you can skip whatever whack ass after school event you have planned with your "so called" friends". "You know what?Let's make this interesting. The one who falls in love first, Loses." Now things were changing and the challenge was getting a little more interesting. Steven laughed somewhat and then he nodded his head. " Okay fine you have yourself a challenge". Out the corner of his eye he could see his friend Frankie standing near the stairs looking over at the two curiously and then two of Amy's friends, once whom he had seen with her most of the time appeared at the bottom steps and they were looking around no doubt for Amy and then their eyes locked into their direction and they looked almost as shocked and curious as his friend did.

Steven took a step closer to Amy and then he reached out and cupped her cheek letting his finger gently glide across before leaning down and pressing his lips to her forehead. He stepped away with a triumph look on his face and then he turned and walked away. " You will loose princess, and I'll see you after school." His bro Frankie was speechless when he reached him and Amy's friends simply stared with their jaws dropped and then they moved away in the direction Amy was in. " Whoa whoa what was that man". Frankie adjusted the hat on his head as they made their way into the school doors. " Nothing I was just saying goodbye that's all". His friend shook his head as they made their way down on the hall. " But you kissed her" " I kissed her forehead". " Same shit. So when has Steven the bad ass go around kissing one of the White sisters?". Steven sighed and then turned to his friend, " Look I got this under control it's just a little challenge is all". Frankie shook his head with an uneasy look. " Your playing with some serious fire my friend".

During his first two classes people were talking about him kissing Amy and then they turned it up a notch as to say they were making out. Steven clicked his teeth with his tongue as the bell rang.People kept bothering him with questions and Steven would tell them again and again that nothing happened but it was pointless and quite frankly he didn't care but he did know Amy probably did. When school was over he waited outside for Amy while his friends headed off to the gym. Steven intended to win and that meant he had to spend time with her otherwise the challenge was pointless.

Amy kept her position even when Steven laughed his confident laugh, which silently told her he thought he had this under control. But boy was he wrong
" Okay fine you have yourself a challenge" She smiled at his words, and for a moment, she felt triumph, because she knew exactly what she had to do. Not step by step, but in general. She was unaware of their surroundings, but she could hear the faint whispers but she wasn't so sure if it was about them or not. But when Steven took a step closer and cupped her cheek, making Amy widen her eyes for the slightest second and stiffen under his touch in public, she knew that the whispers were about them now. And when his lips pressed against her forehead warmly, she was definitely sure it was about them. She couldn't believe it, he had done it, even when she prayed the whole ride he wouldn't fuel the fire and make them the subject of all gossip. It was a simple kiss on the forehead, but still it was a kiss in the gossip world. And Amy was worried about that. About the whispers, how big would that simple fact turn into a lie and her friends' reaction. " You will loose princess, and I'll see you after school."

When Steven was out of her sight, she turned, her face slightly flushed and Hannah and Lilly were both standing in front of her with a very shocked expression on their faces. And Amy would have cursed at the situation she was in now, if she actually curses. Lilly was a bit more mature than Hannah, but still as enthusiastic and hyper as her, and the two of them were what Amy called true friends. "What was that?!" "Was that Steven Miller, kissing you?" Lilly shrieked, followed by Hannah's question "He kissed my forehead" That was the only cheap sentence that came out of Amy's mouth, correcting Hannah's words, but Hannah waved her hands around "Forehead, nose, lips whatever, his lips touched your skin." She said and Amy frowned at her friend, looking at her weirdly and even Lilly looked at Hannah like she grew two heads "That was just so-" "Oh you get what I mean girls! Now let's go back to the point!" Hannah pointed at Amy who sighed as they walked in the hallways "It's not what it looks like" She defended and Lilly scoffed amusingly "Isn't it always ?" Amy rolled her eyes and her cheeks flushed " Look, girls, I have this under control, don't worry." The two girls exchanged looks and then Lilly was the one to speak up as she looked at Amy "Explain. Now." Amy sighed as the first bell rang and she shook her head, picking up speed "I'll tell you at lunch."

When lunch came by, she had heard nothing but about the kiss. The news of the make out made no appearance to her yet but everyone was asking about that kiss, even as Amy simply ignored them or denied it, they still asked, like some paparazzi. Her other friends, whom she met in every class, weren't too happy about the news and an example for that, was Luke in math class "Is it true?" He asked in his low voice and Amy sighed but he continued "Amy, this guy is not one of us. How can you even talk to him? He's dangerous and you know that." Amy raised an eyebrow, not one of us? That was so wrong, even she was annoyed.

When she was finally out of math class, and into the cafeteria, sitting with her two best friends, she dived into the story, from how they met to the moment they sealed the last deal. And by the time she was finished, the two girls had wide eyes and open mouths. Hannah was the first to snap out of it "You can't be serious Amy." "Amy, we know we've been telling you to live a little, but this is Steven Miller we're talking about, not some other normal cute guy." "Yeah, it's the sexy bad boy who has broken the whole school rulebook and maybe half the law's rules! He's careless, he's reckless and he does things without thinking." "You're playing with some real fire Amy, I'm not sure about that." Lilly added and Amy sighed "Guys. it's not that big of a deal, we know I'm not going to fall for him. I have this under control okay?" She assured one last time. Silence filled the place before Hannah gently, yet enthusiastically banged her fist on the table "Then we are going to help. Whatever you need, we're here." Amy smiled at that, that's true friendship, right here. Not Luke, or Rose, or whoever of her friends who scolded her. She was sick of the scoldings of everyone. Now that she had her two friends on board, she knew she was somewhat ready. She needed to think of a lot of steps ahead but she knew she had a couple of things ready for her to use. Her beauty, and her charm. Amy was known to be beautiful, even as she did not see the big fuss about her looks when everybody else did, she knew she was somewhat hot, or so she had heard, many many guys. But also, she had her own way with words. Something her friends knew about her so perfectly well. She had her way in twisting things to make them go the way she wanted. And she knew how to tease. And now, she was going to take all of that and more, and use them. Her charm and looks were going to be her first weapon, but she did have a whole plan involved too now. She knew, even as the challenge now grew to having to make him fall in love with her, she wasn't just going to go easy now. No, she was going to be hard to get and hard to please. She wasn't going to be soft and stop her stubborn self, she had her own way of making people grow interested, and maybe even fall for her. It was all going to be in a teasing way. And boy was she going to enjoy it.

The rest of the classes went by quickly, and the ones she shared with Steven, like Chemistry and English, were free periods because the teachers had some important meeting to attend. By the time last period was over, a girl had already asked her about the make out, making Amy freeze and then frown, denying that pretty quickly and defensively. How could a kiss on a forehead turn into a make out session?! She thought angrily as she made her way out of the building, and as soon as she saw Steven leaning against his car with his friend who she recalled as Frankie, she stomped her way over, her eyes glued to Steven as he laughed at something Frankie said. She stopped right in front of him, and put her hands on her hips once she had both attention "Because of your stupid kiss, now the whole school thinks we made out. Could you be any more reckless-" Once her words settled in, she groaned and rubbed her face "Oh God, this cannot be happening." She muttered, referring to the fact that Steven actually enjoyed being reckless, and her comment above, only proved that and nothing more. It was like she said trash. She shook her head and looked up at him "Is there any other way, you would like to fuel the gossip?" She said, her voice laced with sarcasm, she knew he was enjoying that, seeing her all worked up on that, because he knew how much she actually cared about what people said. And she knew he was trying to change that.

While Steven was waiting on little miss princess to come out of the school he chatted it up with his friend Frankie. " So are you coming to the party down by the lake later on?".
" I have no idea I mean...actually that sounds like a great idea" Frankie nodded his head in satisfaction and then he peered over at Steven
" Waaaaait a minute your thinking about bringing Amy right?". Steven nodded and then he watched his friend sigh.
" Dont get me wrong Steve Amy is hot...as hell but your trying to mess with the wrong girl. Out everyone in this school you choose her to go after? I mean for Christ sake go after the dang cheer captain of you want a thrill". Steven laughed at his friends comment causing Frankie to chuckle as well. " Listen man it'll be fun for me and for her, I'm trying to get her out of her little circle and experience something new for a change". Frankie nodded messing around with his board. Out the corner of his eye he spotted Amy heading in their direction and judging from her facial expression she wasn't so happy to see him. What a surprise. "Because of your stupid kiss, now the whole school thinks we made out. Could you be any more reckless-"

Oh yeah he was reckless alright and everyone around him knew it. At the comment Steven smiled, he thought Amy was pretty cute when she was mad. "Oh God, this cannot be happening Is there any other way, you would like to fuel the gossip? He shoved his hand into his pocket and pulled out his phone and then leaned in near her and took a picture and then slid his phone back into his pocket. " I mean this photo going up is great fuel but I won't put it up just yet because you and me are heading to the mall". He nodded at Frankie who laughed and then got on his board shouting to his friend. " I'll see you guys at the lake". Steven returned his attention back to Amy who was fuming. " Look I need to get some new swimming trunks and you're going to need a bathing suit for the lake party, and it's on me". Steven smiled before climbing into his car.

Almost everybody from school was going to be there even the nerds showed up to swim and of course seek looks at the hot girls in their bikinis. His fingers drummed against the wheel as he waited for Amy to get in the car and when she did he pulled off and headed to the mall. When they arrived he parked in the front and then got out. The main hangout spots for people his age was the mall, movies, lake, and the fairs when they came into town. Steven turned to Amy and smiled " Lets get some bathing suits". As they walked through the mall Steven made small talk. They were walking around and they were supposed to talk , I mean he was supposed to make her fall for him.

When they got to the swimwear section Steven found himself some black Nike swimming trunks and he checked the price and then went to the checkout to pay for them. " Let me know when you see something you like and then I'll get it". Steven ruffled his hair slightly as he walked around looking at stuff to buy while he waited on Amy. Even though they got on each others nerves he was actually enjoying himself.

Amy was stunned. She hadn't meant for Steven to actually take on her words and take a picture, but of course he did. Amy narrowed her eyes at him and shook her head "This photo better not be getting uploaded anywhere." She muttered at him and crossed her arms over her chest, not missing the grin on Frankie's face at her and Steven's little conversation, if her fuming and him enjoying it can actually be called as conversation "I mean this photo going up is great fuel but I won't put it up just yet because you and me are heading to the mall" Amy's eyes widened and she looked at him. The mall was her favorite place to be, well it was every girl's favorite to be, but Amy didn't expect Steven to actually have plans for them " I'll see you guys at the lake" Frankie's words made Amy snap her eyes to him as he skated away before looking back at Steven who returned his attention back to her "The lake? We're going to the lake?" She asked, but soon his words even got her more shocked " Look I need to get some new swimming trunks and you're going to need a bathing suit for the lake party, and it's on me" Steven didn't leave her any room to argue as he got into his car and waited. Amy closed her eyes for a moment, took a deep breath and counted to ten. She needed her Yoga, or some sort of meditation, or else, Steven was going to drive her crazy.

When Amy calmed down just slightly, she turned and climbed into the car, strapping on the seat belt like she always does. Safety comes first, especially around Steven. She looked at him while he backed out of the parking lot then darted her eyes back to the road. She had heard about the Lake party going on tonight, everyone was going, and Hannah had tried to convince Amy to go but Amy of course refused. But Steven didn't even ask. Because he probably knew Amy would decline. Instead, he just stated the fact and walked away into his car and waited. Amy stayed silent through the whole ride. She bit her bottom lip unconsciously while staring out the window, thinking how could she get herself out of that party and the bathing suit. She didn't need a bathing suit, because she couldn't swim, her parents never bothered teaching her saying swimming is a waste of time. She knew she had to spend some time with Steven if she wanted to win, and even socialize a bit with him and not always be mad at him -even though he does drive her crazy- but the swimming part was a bit.. risky for her. Which is probably why he chose that.

When they arrived to the mall and parked, Amy took a deep breath and got out of the car. She expected to just go along with it, and when he buys his swimming trunks, she'd just tell him they should leave and hopefully he'd comply. Probably not. As they made their way in the mall, Amy looked around, she could see many familiar faces, ones she actually befriended, and others she had never spoke to. But a good portion of students were here, as the mall was one of the places everyone hung out in. This is just going to fuel the gossip even more, she thought to herself but tried to shake the thoughts of worry out of her mind. She needed to focus. Amy was pulled out of her thoughts as Steven turned to face her, a dazzling smile on his face "Lets get some bathing suits". Amy shook her head at him, a small smile on her lips "You really are stubborn." She mumbled mostly to herself. He probably knew she didn't like the whole idea, and she knew that. But would that even stop him? Nope.

Amy was surprised how easy it was to actually socialize with Steven. They jumped from one subject to another swiftly, their words casual and calm, not like the arguments they kept having until now. Teasing and joking played very big parts in their small talks as well, and when they finally went into the swimming suits store, Amy was sobering up from laughing, a smile plastered on her face still as they walked around the store. Amy looked around the girls' section while Steven looked for swimming trunks. she found a few that she actually liked, and would have bought if she was going to use them, but of course, she wasn't. There was one specifically, that she adored. It looked amazing, and was perfect for her shape and it wasn't some skimpy bikini "Let me know when you see something you like and then I'll get it" Amy looked up at Steven, who had just dumped a black swimming trunks on the counter. Amy took a deep breath and left the bathing suit she liked alone, walking over to Steven, and walking along with him as he skimmed through random stuff, ruffling his hair from time to time, something Amy noticed he did a lot, but actually found it even more attra- Whoa there. Stop right now Amy, She scolded herself and looked at Steven, it was now or never "Let's just go, I don't need a bathing suit." She mumbled in a low voice, never being one who liked to be loud around strangers, and especially in stores. She looked around as she kept her path with Steven's, who looked rather curious but did not attempt to walk out of the store or check out. Amy rolled her eyes "Steven, I'm serious. I don't want a bathing suit. I don't need it. Let's go." With that, Amy turned to walk out, maybe he'll follow. But it was never that easy, not with the stubborn guy behind her.

For once the two of them were not fighting and Steven kinda liked it that way. Although annoying Amy to the point of breaking had its fun there was something about the way Amy lit up that made Steven feel a small tug on his chest and he wanted to see her smile a lot more with him around. Usually Steven came by the mall to get some new clothes because he did like to dress to impress. He picked up a few tank tops that caught his attention along with some shorts and a polo hat. He looked over the prices and then went back up to the cashier. She was young probably no older than him and he flashed his smile of his and flirted lightly with her which ended up in a discount for two of the items he planned on buying. Turning in satisfaction he looked over at Amy who still didn't have a bathing suit and before he could speak she had beat him too it."Let's just go, I don't need a bathing suit." Steven just stared at her clearly lost as to why she didn't "need" a bathing suit when they were heading to the lake and she didn't have on miraculously under her clothes.

"Steven, I'm serious. I don't want a bathing suit. I don't need it. Let's go." He didn't say a word but watched as she walked out of the store leaving him standing in place. They were just laughing and having a good time five minutes ago and now Amy's whole mood had changed. He had caught her body language and she was stiff, impatient and eager to leave and not to mention the fact that she was uneasy about the whole lake party in the first place, almost as if she couldn't....Steven looked over at Amy wide eyed for a moment his mouth opened partly but he closed it walking over to the bathing suit section again. While they were walking around Steven had caught Amy staring and playing with a particular bathing suit which he knew caught her eye. Picking it up off the rack he walked up to the counter and purchased it and then walked over to Amy.

He said nothing for a moment and he looked straight ahead looking at the people bustling about. Finally Steven looked over at Amy. " You know princess, If you didn't know how to swim you could have just told me. I know I might seem like an ass..but I'm not all that bad and besides I'm going to teach you because god knows it's long overdue". Steven laughed and then handed Amy her bag. " I saw you looking at it and i'll look nice on you". He smiled before heading over to a few other stores to kill time. They continued small conversation and he was really enjoying himself. Steven looked down when he felt his phone vibrate and it was Frankie telling him that the lake party was in full effect. " Well looks like your swimming lessons are about to begin and the best bet is to put our bathing suits on now under out clothes because I'm positive you don't wanna change out there".

Steven put his swimming trunks on in the mens room and then waited for Amy outside the bathroom and then they made their way to the car. The sun was beaming and it was a perfect day for the lake party. They arrived in ten minutes and Steven park on car on the dirt before climbing out. There was people already swimming around in the lake and swinging off from the rope. Some people where sitting on the rocks or on their blankets trying to catch a tan. Frankie who spotted the two strolled on up wet from the swim. " Glad you guys could make it. The drinks are in the cooler and the bonfire is later on so hurry up and get in". Steven laughed and then turned to Amy " Look I know your nervous but don't be, I know the perfect place to teach you". With that being said Steven took Amy's hand and lead her along side the path and away from all the other kids on the water. It was near the big rock where he liked to watch the sunset on days like this. Steven instantly removed his shoes , shorts and finally his shirt placing it on the rock. His body was well toned and he had a few tattoo's along his right arm. " Okay princess, come one. Trust me".

He took a few steps into the cool water which felt nice since the sun was blazing down on his tan skin. Soon Steven was waist deep in the water and he motioned for Amy to join him. " Don't worry I wont let anything happen to you". Steven knew his words were true because he wasn't going to let anything happen but she had to believe in herself first.

The whole trip to the mall was.. new. She had been to the mall before, of course, but with Steven everything was different. Even his vision of things, people and everything in general, was different from hers and her family and friends. When he came out of the store a few minutes after her, she was stiffly biting the inside of her cheek and looking around, everyone seemed so relaxed and happy while she just stood stiff and a little worried. She felt Steven stand next to her, his eyes on the busy people as well, but his words made her freeze " You know princess, If you didn't know how to swim you could have just told me. I know I might seem like an ass..but I'm not all that bad and besides I'm going to teach you because god knows it's long overdue" She was stunned with his words, and what shocked her even more, was when he handed her a bag. Hesitantly, she took it and checked it to confirm her doubts. Amy shook her head at him as he spoke " I saw you looking at it and i'll look nice on you" Now Amy was a stubborn girl, but the way Steven was always set on pushing her buttons, and if not, breaking her own rules was just scary but in the same time.. thrilling. Not like she'd ever tell him.

It had been a few hours, but Amy didn't realize how fast the time passed as she was actually having fun. Not her calm reading or hearing her posh friends speak about how rich they are fun, but the relaxing fun. If that even made sense. She did enjoy teasing Steven, and pushing his buttons, but that was nice too. As they walked out of yet another store, Amy shook her head, thinking how the cashier in there was totally checking Steven out, the girl was their age, and a bit out there as it looked, and she shamelessly winked at Steven as they headed out, who seemed to not even notice her. Amy looked over at him, about to comment on that but his phone buzzing shut her up, and his words made her stiff again " Well looks like your swimming lessons are about to begin and the best bet is to put our bathing suits on now under out clothes because I'm positive you don't wanna change out there".

It took her ten minutes to get ready in the ladies restroom. She was worried, and didn't even want to get in the water afraid of something going wrong. She looked at herself in the mirror, her hair softly framing her face, she barely got out with no make up on, but today she did. She barely had some light foundation to give her cheeks color, but nothing else. And Thank God for that since she was going to the Lake party, her make up might have smeared there if she did indeed get into the water. Which she doubted she would. Thinking of the party, Amy picked up her phone to text Hannah, telling her she was going to the party with Steven and that she'll see her and Lilly there. Putting her phone back in her shorts, she took a deep breath and walked out, only to find Steven waiting for her. She looked up at him, and didn't stop walking as she reached him, since he fell in steps with her and they both made their way out "I might have put the bathing suit on, but it's only because I really like it. I'm still not getting into the water." She refused, shaking her head as they made their way to the car.

When they got to the party, it was indeed in full effect. Everyone from school was there, and for a moment, Amy stood there and looked around, music was echoing and she had no idea from where since they were at the lake and not in some house with electricity, red cups were in everyone's hands and they were either chilling with their friends, tanning or swimming. She could hear the people's laughter, voices, yells. Amy went all stiff, it was her first lake party as lame as that sounds. And seeing everyone here, only made it harder for her "Glad you guys could make it. The drinks are in the cooler and the bonfire is later on so hurry up and get in" Frankie's voice made her snap out of her own little world and look up at him, realizing he was shirtless, in his trunks, and wet and she subconsciously took a step back to not get wet. She could hear Steven laughing with Frankie before he turned to her and she darted her eyes from a walking away wet Frankie to the guy behind her reason of coming here " Look I know your nervous but don't be, I know the perfect place to teach you" She was taken aback when he took her hand in his and tugged her gently, making her walk with him as he guided her away from everyone, and she couldn't help but feel a bit calmer when the loud music and the whole chaos dimmed as they got away. She looked down at their hands but quickly snapped out of it and shook her head as they walked "I don't want you to teach me. I don't want to sw-" She was cut short when she saw how beautiful the view was when they stopped "Oh wow, this is beautiful." She mumbled, looking around, it was much different from what she saw back there. And she loved it.

When she heard Steven shuffle beside her, she looked over at him, only to suck in a breath silently. He was already in his trunks, and shirtless. And she wasn't going to lie, he was indeed hot as Hannah would call him. He had the perfect toned body, and she understood why girls swooned over him. Now Hannah would have a whole other dirtier vocab for that, but that wasn't Amy's thing. She noticed his tattoos, and normally she would've cringed because she hated them but they looked so .. fitting on him. And made him even the more attractive. She quickly averted her eyes and bit the inside of her cheek. Get it together, get it together, she kept telling herself but was interrupted when Steven spoke up " Okay princess, come one. Trust me" Amy was brought back to reality at his words. He wanted her in the water, and that was not going to happen. Amy shook her head "No. I just.. No." She shook her head once more, looking down at the water as he got in " Don't worry I wont let anything happen to you" At that, Amy glanced up from the water, at him and stared for a minute. His words were sincere, she knew that. But she was still, unsure about the whole thing. It just wasn't.. safe.

Amy closed her eyes, and she remembered she needed to do this. If she wanted to prove she was no bore, and if she wanted to win this, she needed to step up her game. With that in mind, and Steven's promise to not let anything bad happen to her, she took a silent shaky breath and shrugged her sweater off, followed by her shirt. She couldn't help but look around before she settled her eyes on the impatient stubborn guy who was telling her to get in. She got her shorts off in one swift motion and shivered slightly, she could feel the breeze hit her skin gently as the sun was beginning to set, but still blazed down at her slim, toned body. She wasn't toned like Steven who had a define chest and abs, but she had a flat stomach and lean long legs. She took a deep breath and walked over to the edge of the lake, looking down with doubt in her eyes "I'm not too sure about this." she mumbled, she just couldn't get in so easily. She feared that.

Barbara%20Palvin-02-560x362.jpg

Steven had been swimming his whole life and he loved the water. It made him calm and he was free when he was swimming. The water felt good against his skin and he disappeared underwater before popping his head back up to the surface to see if Amy was making her way into the water. When he saw her in her bikini his mouth dropped slightly and he couldn't seem to look away. Amy looked amazing that was for sure his eyes took in her body and he pushed away all the negative thoughts that flooded through his head. Relax is still Amy and it's still a bet a hand, pull yourself together. "I'm not too sure about this." Steven sensed her nervousness and he could tell from her facial expression and he swam over and then took her hands and slowly little by little he took steps back until the water was at her shoulders and at his chest. Slipping his hands from hers he rested them on her waist and pulled her closer to his body. " See It's not that bad at all. Now we start".

He helped Amy onto her stomach while his hands rested on her stomach to keep her head above water. " Move your arms and kick your feet and when you turn your head take a breath". Steven instructed her as he watched her flail her arms for a little bit and then slowly she was starting to get better. Steven slowly moved one hand from under her stomach and then after a few minutes he very slowly removed his other hand and watched as Amy started swimming on her own. Of course he was right behind her and caught her by her waist once she stopped and he looked down at her and grinned. " See I told you nothing bad was going to happen, next up floating". Floating was especially fun for Steven and it didn't really require deep water which benefited Amy. He placed her on her back with his hands under hers like he had before and he placed the other under her head. " Okay the key to this is to relax and close your eyes. Thing soothing thoughts".

Steven watched Amy as she relaxed and god was she beautiful, it felt good that she trusted him enough to help her learn how to swim and even though she was stubborn now she knew how to swim. He took small steps back until he was a few feet away and he smiled widely as if he had won a race. She was floating by herself. " There ya go princess, your floating". When Amy opened her eyes Steven moved back to her side and then pulled her close to him. Their skin touched and he felt that small shock travel up his body. He shook his head before looking at her. " Okay and for the finale... we go under so hold you breath". He made sure his arms were wrapped around her as he took steps back and the water came up. " Okay 1..2...3". He took a deep breath and then they both went under. Steven opened his eyes underwater and looked around making out Amy's face and after a few seconds he lifted the both of them back up. " Whoo that was fun".

They made their way back to the shallow part of the lake when he heard Frankie's voice calling out his name. Steven who was still close to Amy turned to her. " I guess It's time for the real fun to begin". When they got back to where everyone else was he spotted Frankie chugging down a red up and when they locked eyes his friend walked on over and them both red cups. " It's time to loosen up, come on man like old times". Steven shrugged and chuckled somewhat before downing the cup. This was what he needed. Taking another cup he took his down slower this time and he looked over at Amy. " Just relax and have fun princess, besides the bonfire is the best part". A few people around them were drunk and some were making out with their boyfriend or girlfriend and others were pulling pranks or doing reckless stunts into the lake. Steven on the other hand intended on letting loose but he wasn't going to let Amy our of his sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.