Opposites Attract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amy was still staring at the water when she felt Steven's hands on hers. Looking up at him, he slowly started pulling her into the water, little by little, walking into the water while her eyes still leveled with his. She could feel the slightly cold water hit her skin and envelop her as she went further down with Steven. She didn't know what it was, but she couldn't bring herself to pull away and go back to the shore. She felt safe. Kind of. When the water came up to her shoulders, they stopped. Amy looked down at the water just as his hands slipped from hers. She was oddly silent, too nervous to speak up, especially when she felt Steven's hands on her waist, making her look up as their bodies were barely an inch apart " See It's not that bad at all. Now we start".

Amy wasn't so sure about it all, she never was sure when it came to things she hadn't planned out perfectly. But she sucked it up. For the whole swimming lesson, she didn't speak up. Not once. All she felt was her heart racing against her chest, from the nerves or Steven's hands, she had no idea and prayed it was the nerves. It took her some time, but she finally got the hang of it, and when she swam alone, she grinned widely like a little kid and stopped, looking up at a grinning Steven" See I told you nothing bad was going to happen, next up floating" So maybe that wasn't so bad, but still, trusting Steven and letting him decide a few things for her to let loose, that still felt worrying as hell. He was still the guy who broke rules and did reckless things, and Amy had to remember that if she wanted to win and not fall for him " Okay the key to this is to relax and close your eyes. Thing soothing thoughts" That actually took some time as her mind never relaxed, she never had the time to just lay back and relax and think soothing thoughts. But she was glad she finally did. It felt amazing, and very comfortable. She barely noticed when Steven let go of her so she'd float alone, but when she did, a few minutes later, she smiled widely, she could finally swim.

If anyone would have told he, a few months back that she'd take lessons from the bad boy himself, she would've laughed. But now, she was actually grateful. " There ya go princess, your floating" At his voice, Amy straightened up again smiling widely. She felt Steven's presence before turning to face him. And when she did, he pulled her closer to him, and their bodies pressed against each other for merely seconds but that was enough for Amy to feel the tingles up her body, but she put that away. She needed to push that away " Okay and for the finale... we go under so hold you breath" Amy widened her eyes at that and shook her head "No no, Steven I-" " Okay 1..2...3" and it was too late. He pulled them underwater and Amy's heart was beating so fast, she could hear it. She opened her eyes underwater, and relaxed, she hadn't even realize she stiffened when he pulled them under. But the beautiful lake was not to miss. Even underwater. She looked around, before her eyes settled on Steven who pulled her back up and she took a deep breath" Whoo that was fun" "You ass! I was speaking!" She couldn't help but chuckle as she tried to yell at him, pushing her hair out of her face and smacking his chest -not that he even felt it- since he still held on to her. When they were up at the shore, they both heard Frankie and Amy picked her clothes up just as Steven pulled her to walk back to the party. She knew she had to dress up again, but she would do it when they find Frankie.

If Amy thought the party was on full effect before, then now it was crazy. The music louder, half the people were drunk, having fun, pranking and pulling stunts and the other half were attacking each other, literally. And not in the way her cousin attacks her with a hug, no it was much more disgusting " It's time to loosen up, come on man like old times" Amy shook her head at the scene and turned her attention back to Frankie and Steven, who both had red cups in their hands and Steven down his in a matter of seconds, making Amy widen her eyes "Did you really have to shrug it down that fast?" She knew that drinking fast, would only make him drunk faster and Frankie chuckled at her sarcastic question, but Amy kept her eyes on Steven who was in his second cup already. She shook her head just as she was handed a red cup and Steven spoke up " Just relax and have fun princess, besides the bonfire is the best part". Amy looked up at him "I'm not going to drink. I don't even know what's in there." She nodded at the cup, and was about to continue her protest when she felt two presence next to her as well. Glancing, it was Lilly and Hannah, who were both grinning widely "Amy! Here you are! We've been looking for you." Lilly said enthusiastically and Hannah greeted the guys "Steven." She nodded with a smile before turning to Frankie "Frankie." Amy raised an eyebrow at her friend who winked at the guy and he did not hesitate to wink back "Excuse us guys for a minute." Lilly said, a small smile on her face as both of the girls pulled Amy away.

Amy looked at Hannah once they were a couple of feet away " What was that?" "What?" "That!" She mocked the wink and Hannah grinned innocently "Oh nothing, got drunk, had some fun made out and whatnot." Amy widened her eyes, she knew her friend partied, hard, but she never spoke of Frankie before "And why didn't you tell me?" "And when did you get drunk without me?!" Lilly pitched in as they both now stared at Hannah who shrugged "I-" Suddenly, the three of them heard a guy wolf-whistle from behind Amy "Damn girl, if we had known you kept that sexy little ass of yours hidden in your jeans, we would have persisted more for you to go out with us. Maybe spend a night or two." His voice was somehow familiar, and when she turned to see him, she noticed his blond hair, his green eyes, fair skin and toned body, just not as toned as Stevem -Why the hell are you comparing them?! Stop that . He was on the football team. She recognized him as Matthew O'Connor. He had tried to hit on her, multiple times but she never gave him the slightest interest. But he was clearly a bit drunk, his eyes blazed and his gaze fell on her body, not even looking up at her when she turned to face him. Amy stiffened as he continued "Nah, for you, I'd spend a week with the same girl." "Was that even supposed to be a compliment?" She asked rudely as he took a few steps closer chuckling "Feisty, I like that." "Drunk, I don't like that." She retorted back at him. She couldn't help it. she tried to back away but he caught her wrists "Dance with me." Amy tried to get away from his grip "No, now let go off me!" She hissed at him, not wanting to make a huge deal about it and grab everyone's attention. Hannah and Lilly yelled at him to back away from her, and Hannah even tried to pull him back, but his grip was deathly and very tight, making Amy wince at the pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steven smiled and greeted Hannah and Lily when they approached but when Hannah winked at Frankie Steven's eyes widened and he watched as the three girls walked away from them. " Yo what's going on with you and Hannah". Frankie smirked and then took another chug of his cup before resting his arm on his best friend. " Well before you two slow pokes got here Hannah was by the lake and she looked so good so I took a swim with her, she's actually really cool - but anyways we were laughing one minute and then my tongue was down her throat". Frankie laughed and Steven looked over to where Hannah was and then back to his friend. " Look you criticize me for hanging out with Amy and your kissing on her best friend, yeah way to go hippocrate". Frankie shook his head finishing up his second cup. " Nope I never said I couldn't be with goody girls like them and besides Hannah is way different from Amy, is a surprise there such good friends".

It was true that Hannah and Amy were like night and day but that was only because Hannah's parents let her express herself freely and she didn't have to worry about disappointing her parents unlike Amy. " And by the way where did you and miss Amy run off to". His friend gave him a look and Steven laughed shaking his head. " We just when someplace away from everyone because I was teaching her how to swim. It was fun to see her actually enjoying herself for once, she was so scared and then once she got the hang of it, boom she was swimming". Frankie eyed his best friend for a moment and then he smiled somewhat. " Boy I'm not so sure you gonna win the way you talking. I can see just by how you look at her, but I also see how she looks at you. It's only a matter of time before one you you looses". Steven knew his friend was right. He wasn't going to play mighty like he didn't like Amy because he did and it was the little things she did that got to him but he also kept remembering the bet.

It was a few minutes in the middle of the conversation that he was having with Frankie when he heard Matthew O'Connor. He was the football team's start quarterback with a huge ego. He thought he ran everything and everyone with a few exceptions to people on his team or any sport and of course girls. "Damn girl, if we had known you kept that sexy little ass of yours hidden in your jeans, we would have persisted more for you to go out with us. Maybe spend a night or two." Steven had his back turned form Matthew and when he heard him speaking he thought it was to some random girl that swooned over him. But as the conversation continued Steven turned his head. "No, now let go off me!". He saw Matthew wasn't talking to just anybody he was talking to Amy and Steven narrowed his eyes on Matthew gritting his teeth. He saw Hannah and Lily trying to get him off and clearly he was intoxicated.

When he saw Matthew's grip tighten Steven walked over and shoved Matthew back that he stumbled a few feet. " What the hell man I'm just talking". Steven shook his head. " Talking doesn't involve hands and clearly she doesn't want to talk to you". Matthew clearly didn't seem to get the hint and he walked forward this time at Steven as he clinched his fist. He was drunk and embarrassed and now he wasted to try and remain alpha dog but that was not going to happen. Matthew swung at Steven but his swing was sloppy and it was easy to dodge. When he missed Steven grabbed Matthew by the throat and slammed him into the tree. " She's with me, find someone else to fuck with or leave but if I even see you say a word to her again your're gonna regret it".

Steven released his grip from around Matthew's throat who was now coughing and walking away grumbling. Most of the people who weren't paying any attention were paying attention now. Frankie was laughing holding yet another cup in his hands. " Damn man you didn't have to embarrass him that bad". Steven simply shrugged clearly agitated by the situation and he walked over to Amy and her friends. He ran his hand through his hair and then took Amy's hand into his almost without realizing like he was starting to get comfortable with her. " Are you okay?". He peered down at her. He wanted her to have a good time not be bothered by some drunk ass jock.

For a minute, Hannah was letting out curses Amy never even heard off, Lilly was scolding like a mother and still Matthew wouldn't let go. And it was pissing Amy off. Suddenly her view of Matthew disappeared and Steven's back appeared. And for the first time, she was relieved he was here. She wasn't a damsel in distress usually, but in her attire, and her situation, she might at well be one. Amy grabbed her wrist, and rubbed it as it was a bit redder than usual, both of her wrists were red, a handprint on each. It didn't help that she was an easily bruised person, her skin was way to delicate and it irritated Amy sometimes. But she didn't have time to check her wrists too much before she saw Matthew stagger forward and swing at Steven and Amy almost yelled. She wasn't a fan of fights, never was and never would be. And for some odd reason, when Matthew attempted to hurt Steven, that got to her. Big time. She didn't realize it until she felt her two friends holding her back as she was about to subconsciously go check on Steven. Yep, definitely going crazy.

Amy watched in shock as Steven not only dodged, but in one swift move, had Matthew by the throat, and by the looks of it, it was a pretty tight grip. Amy was stunned, Matthew's face turned red as he almost choked, trying to get Steven off, but he had him trapped against the tree. And when Amy glanced at Steven, she could see him radiate with anger. His eyes were narrowed, his jaw clenched and his other hand fisted as well. He was pissed, and it was rare to see Steven Miller pissed that much. Sure, the usual fights at school, but he took them easily, almost jokingly with a smile. But this time, it was different. And she couldn't help but feel that it was because she was involved. And Matthew was coming at her specifically. That can't be though, wake up Amy, you're not that important. But Steven's words made her freeze, and made everyone at the lake freeze for a matter of fact " She's with me, find someone else to fuck with or leave but if I even see you say a word to her again you're gonna regret it". Maybe Steven didn't realize how much his voice gave away his anger. It was low, not in a seductive manner, but more in a dangerous tone. Low and husky, and threatening "Is it me, or does he sound even hotter?" Lilly whispered, Hannah nodded in agreement and Amy gave her a look silently glaring Seriously Lilly? Lilly shrugged innocently "Wait, did he just say you're with him?" "I can feel the jealousy in the air." "Are you two together?" "Do you like him?" Her friends bombed her with questions, she wasn't even sure about. Amy realized Lilly and Hannah had let go of her and sighed at her friends, "Would you shut up? Now's not the time." Amy mumbled, her eyes worryingly darting to Steven and Hannah noticed "You like him." Amy ignored her and was about to walk up to Steven and make him stop since Matthew's face was turning slightly blue. But just then, he let go. And Matthew took no time in staggering away like the drunk ass he was.

" Damn man you didn't have to embarrass him that bad" Amy snapped her eyes at a laughing Frankie. Of course he'd be laughing, he was half drunk anyway. And it's not like this was anything new to him. The fights would probably be a daily things for him and his friends. She looked back at Steven when she noticed him walked over to her and let go of her wrist as he stood in front of her. She was very aware of the fact that everyone's eyes were glued on them. Not only was it odd and shocking that Steven Miller and Amy White were hanging out, but he claimed she was with him, he defended her and now, he sealed it when he took her hand in his. Amy stared down at their hands for a moment, grasping everything that just happened as his threatening words rang in her ears " Are you okay?" Steven's question snapped her out of her thoughts and she looked up at him, not even attempting to move her hand away. Somewhat, it was comforting her and him. Steven looked agitated, still angry, and stiff. Nothing like how she used to see him before. And she wanted nothing more than his adorable smile back wait what? adorable. You seriously need to go to the doctor Amy. But looking up at him as he ran his fingers through his hair, his eyes piercing in hers, and his hand grasping hers warmly, she couldn't deny it. She was growing feelings for the reckless bad boy. And for just a slight moment, she didn't care about the deal more than making him calm down. Stepping closer, their bodies pressed slightly and yet she still felt the tingles, and Amy raised her hand to run her fingers through his now messed up hair as he kept tugging on it in agitation "I'm okay. And thank you. Would you calm down now? You're worrying me." She whispered softly, her eyes pierced in his as she tried to fix his hair. She didn't say he scared her, because he didn't, she knew he wouldn't actually hurt her. But she was indeed worried, after all it was the first time she'd even seen Steven mad, real mad.

Everything was still spinning and Steven's blood was still boiling as he watched Matthew walk away and eventually dissapear. This would definitely be the hot topic in school the next day but what he started to notice was the faces that people were making. They all looked stunned and now Steven was beginning to see why. The comment that he made to Matthew had people curious to how Steven the bad boy was associating himself with Amy. Nothing really mattered to him at that moment then the fact that Amy was okay. It was weird all the anger that he was feeling. Usually he was cool and calm, not letting his anger get to him even in fights and now here he was with his blood boiling over Amy and he didn't mind that it was because of her. What it made him realize though was that with all that anger he was feeling it was because he cared for her.

He peered down at their hands together and that alone was enough to sooth him. Frankie was laughing at the whole thing but he knew his friend was a cup from wasted and Steven would have to take him home. Some of the people were back to listening to music and others were talking among themselves. Steven looked down at Amy's wrist where Matthew had grabbed and saw this it was slightly bruised from when he squeezed tight. People like Matthew pissed him off. The school worship the ground jocks and anyone who made the school look good which was mostly the sports teams. Yes if anything the first two years and half of junior year he was labeled a jock because he played for the schools basketball team as the start shooting guard but he never acted like he was better then anyone, and it was people's huge ego that was one of the reasons he left the team and started hanging out more.

When Amy stepped closer and he felt her body against him he stilled and watched as she ran her gentle fingers through his messed up hair. He sucked in a breath as his body instantly relaxed to her touch. "I'm okay. And thank you. Would you calm down now? You're worrying me." Amy's voice was just above a whisper and Steven nodded his head. " Yeah, I'm sorry but I just got heated, that guys pisses me off but I'm just glad your fine". Steven gave one of those cheesy smiles and he looked into Amy's eyes. The bet was slowly slipping into the back of his mind and the only thing Steven really wanted was to show Amy a good time to get her mind and as well as his off of what had just taken place. He could feel Hannah, Lily, and Frankie's eyes glued on them as if they all were thinking the same exact things or something similar to it but Frankie was too drunk to care and he was now immersing himself in a conversation with Hannah.

" Okay well it's time for some fun". The music was playing and people were moving to the music. Someone had brought marshmallows and now some were making smores buts mostly everyone was drinking. Steven grabbed a cup and handed one to Amy and then he took one for himself and drank it down feeling a whole lot better. He went for another and then handed one to Amy when she was finished with her cup. Now he was starting to feel good. Steven closed his eyes for a moment taking in the sounds of laughter and he looked around. Usually the bonfire ended with people waking up on the side of the lake on their towels or in their cars. Nobody was really going to show up for school except the people who weren't completely bombed out their ass. Steven made sure he kept a close eye on Amy because he didn't know if she was a light drinker or if she even drank at all. He had been drinking for awhile and he knew his limit, which he was close to reaching but he stopped because he knew he had to get Amy home.

" Yeah, I'm sorry but I just got heated, that guys pisses me off but I'm just glad your fine" Amy shook her head at Steven's apology "Don't be sorry. I would've punched him if I could." She chuckled, her voice still barely a whisper as she spoke. None of them moved, even when Amy put her hand back down. They stayed for a minute, or an hour, Amy wasn't sure, she was too busy staring. It just felt nice, her body against hers actually relaxed her and soothed her. Her hand in his, made butterflies irrupt in her stomach and their close proximity made her blush lightly. A loud bang from the other side of the lake, pulled them out of their trance, or Amy's trance, she wasn't sure if Steven just felt that. She looked back and saw a girl laughing loudly as a guy was picking up his stereo. Why would he have a stereo right now? She shook her head at that, it wasn't important, but now they were both out of it as Steven smiled his reckless signature smile " Okay well it's time for some fun"

Remember how Amy said she wouldn't drink? Well that was over now. Not only has she drunk one cup, nor two, but in all honesty, she had lost count. Sure, she was against the whole thing, but after that little incident with the idiot, Amy needed the drink. Especially after that little moment with Steven. What was that? It was... Good. No, it was not, pull yourself together. She had no idea what was going on, with her and Steven. One minute, it's all about the bet, the next.. it's simply crossed out of their minds. Sure, they still irritated each other, but they wouldn't be Steven and Amy if they didn't. Amy downed her drink and looked around. Everyone was either drunk or making out. And the night had settles, the only light was coming from the huge fire.

The music was loud and at some point she found herself dancing in her seat like a kid. She'd go up to dance, but was too lazy. She liked sitting on the grass and relaxing, and Steven was next to her, Hannah and Lilly and Frankie as well. She was leaning against Steven's side unconsciously, and even when she realized that, she didn't move. She liked it here, or maybe it was the booze in her system that liked it here. The conversations in their group flew swiftly, and Amy found herself laughing with them from time to time. She was happy for now. And glad she came. She had Steven to thank for that, not that she would ever admit that. At some point, Frankie had steered up a conversation which got him, Hannah and Lilly debating. Amy suddenly turned to face Steven and out of the blue, she grinned "You know, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were jealous back there. And overprotective." She smirked, winking playfully as she finished yet another cup and looked down on the empty red cup "I need a new drink." She mumbled to herself.

Amy looked around for the booze but her eyes settled on the fire, and saw a group make some smores and Amy widened her eyes "Smores! I love those!" She stood up, ignoring Steven and Hannah and the others around her. Okay so maybe she was slightly drunk, it wasn't that bad.. yet. She left her friends for food as she steadied herself, feeling a bit dizzy then made her way to the strangers, or maybe they weren't strangers. She wasn't sure, they seemed familiar but she wasn't sure. Oh well, the whole school's here anyway. When she got there, she was easily and warmly welcomed. Two guys and two girls. She could make out that much of them. They were nice and hit it off with Amy pretty fast, they invited her to sit down and she did. but not before making her own smore and sitting on a broken tree trunk across from the couples, happily munching down on a heavenly snack. It was the booze, she knew it. It made her crave sweets, but she did not mind at all, for once her mother or sister weren't around to scold her about the calories. She just enjoyed her snack, and her company. She was socializing very well tonight.

Amy was known to be sociable when she wanted to. At school she was known as a nice person, a sociable person even. She was known to be able, if she wanted, to walk up to anyone and make them like her, she'd be interesting, and would engage in a conversation faster than light, figuring out in a matter of seconds, what would that person want to talk about. She was sociable, in a way that made her instantly blend in, like right now. They welcomed her warmly and now they were engaging in a conversation Amy started but now could barely keep up as she was eating and just happy about that. And maybe because she was drunk. But now, she didn't care. She was socializing, like she always did at school. She knew a lot of people at school and almost every student knew about her. And she wasn't ashamed of that. She knew her name circled around, and now with Steven around, she and him were bound to be the hottest topic. But for now, all that she cared about was the smore in her hands, and maybe Steven crossed her mind, but she pushed that away, or else, in her drunk state, God knows what could happen.

Everything was going according to plan. There was plenty of drinks, chips and smores going around. Nobody was too loud to where passing people would complain but then again why would they? The small families and kids had left a long time ago and the lake was full of teens getting ready for the summer. Even though the sun was down by now the temperature was still nice. Steven had put on his clothes after the heat had dried his swimming trunks earlier and he was too gone. His body felt nice but he didn't continue to drink. Frankie who was now laid out on a tree was tossing empty cups on the ground mumbling something that Steven couldn't make out but he was sure it was him just rambling on about something because he was wasted. Whenever Frankie got like this Steven would be the sober one...mostly and take him home. " Frank my man, I think your done here". Frankie looked up at his friend and then dropped his head. " I meewam we don't have to leave soooooo soon....I um I need to sweep".

Steven returned to Amy who already had one cup to many. "You know, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were jealous back there. And overprotective." He looked down at her and then shook his head. " I just saw an ass trying to bother you and I handled it. It seemed to me princess that you were very concerned about my well being". Steven laughed somewhat and then walked off when he went chasing after Frankie to make sure he didn't get himself into any more trouble. When he came back with Frankie in Hannah's care he looked around for Amy and when he spotted her with the two couples who were downing smores as if they hadn't eaten in forever, no doubt stoned for that matter but the only thing Steven needed to do was get Amy home.

He walked over and reached for Amy to get her up. " Okay It's time to get you home princess". Steven watched as she mumbled and complained talking about how the two couples were going to hang out with them. He simply shook his head and when nothing seemed to work he scooped her up in his arms and then carried her over to there Hanna, Lily and Frankie were. " Okay I got the gang and I'll take them home, you guys can catch a ride too. Since Lily had a car Hanna was joining her. " Just make sure Amy gets home safe and Frankie too". Steven nodded helping Amy and Frankie get into the car.

Frankie's house was the first stop and luckily for him his older brother Oliver was outside on the phone. When he saw his brother Oliver immediately walked over shaking his head. " He got bombed that bad huh?, well at least he didn't do something incredibly stupid like the last time. Thanks Steve". He watched as Oliver helped his brother in the house and Steven made his last stop. Amy's house. A trillion thoughts flooded through Steven's head as he made his way to her house. She was drunk and her parents would flip their lid that the perfect miss Amy had went against them and had fun. When he pulled up to the house Steven cursed under his breath when he saw that Amy's parents were outside no doubt waiting for her. She didn't bother with her phone while she was with him but it was his fault she was drunk and he was prepared to take the wrath of her parents.

He got out of the car and helped Amy out. Steven could feel their eyes burning on his back and he turned to them with a weak smile. " Hello Mr and Mrs White".

" I just saw an ass trying to bother you and I handled it. It seemed to me princess that you were very concerned about my well being" Amy shook her head at Steven's words and watched him walk away and after Frankie. He looked like the sober mother. He was the Designated driver and the only sober one. Amy thought of his words for a second before shaking her head again. She was sure about her assumptions, well for the time being. Maybe when sober, she'd have a whole other perspective. But that didn't matter right now.

Amy was feeling great. Drunk great but still, great. She laughed with the two couples, and sat comfortable, the fire warming her up after the swim, her clothes back on. She didn't really remember putting her clothes back on, but it had something to do with Hannah, because all she did remember, was her friend's laugh. She was currently with the couples when Steven showed up and Amy faked a gasp and turned to the couple "Mom is here!" She whispered and put a finger on her own lips in a hush manner, only making the couples laugh. " Okay It's time to get you home princess" Amy pouted at that, and tried to refuse going with Steven, but she was drunk, so she was helplessly fighting back. Steven had enough and when he carried her, she smiled "You seem to carry me a lot." She poked his chest and put her arms around his neck before nuzzling her face into the crook of his neck. She could hear him speak with someone, probably Hannah or Lilly, but she didn't care, she was content in nuzzling into his neck.

Amy was disappointed when she was put down, she pursed her lips and looked up only to find herself strapped in Steven's car. Frankie in the backseat while Steven got in the driver's seat. "Are we going on a roadtrip? Because I've never been on a roadtrip? Is it fun? Oh I bet it is!" Amy rambled, her words a bit slurry and her tone sounded like a five year old. When they dropped Frankie off, she eyed his brother, but couldn't hear his words due to him being outside, while Amy sat in her seat with the windows closed. She hummed a random song while she waited for Steven, and when they were back on the road, she turned to him "I was concerned, because I didn't want to be the cause of your anger. Which by the way" She pointed at him and raised an eyebrow "Is the first time I ever see you this mad. Which brings us back to you acting up when a guy hit on me!" she giggled and pointed at him "You liiiike me!" She sang, laughing lightly at the situation, although it wasn't something that funny, but drunkenness could do things to you.

When they arrived to her house, Amy looked up and hissed "Oh, I'm in troublee!" She whispered yelled before Steven was out of the car. He helped her out and she staggered a bit before looking up at her fuming parents "Hello mother and father! Isn't it a nice night?!" She grinned at them and her mother looked ready to kill. Her father was shocked but did not speak up as her mother stepped up "Amy White are you drunk?!" She shrieked and turned to Steven "Steven Miller?! What are you doing with my daughter?! I had told her to stay away from you! This is your fault isn't it?!" She scolded and shook her head, taking Amy away from him but Amy kept quiet as shocked as she was for her mother's outburst "I will deal with you later young man. Now leave my property." She threatened and Amy frowned "He helped me come home safe mother."

Her mother snapped her eyes to Amy and shook her head "Stay quiet young lady."Amy chuckled at her mother's words. For her, right now, they sounded funny "No need to talk to me like a dog." Her mother's eyes went wide at that and she stared at her daughter "Who are you?" She asked in disbelief referring to Amy not being herself. Amy shrugged and was about to make things even worse but a car slam made them all look up. It was a worried Hannah "I came to check on Amy i-" "Hannah. Take her." Hannah was already by Amy's side when her mother spoke up, and she held Amy up "I'm sorry, I don't follow.." She trailed and Amy's mother narrowed her eyes at her daughter as she looked around uncaring "I said take her. Let her sleepover. She is not allowed back here before she goes back to being my daughter." Her voice made Amy's eyes snap to her "Wait what?" "Dear, isn't that a bit-" "No Richard. It's not too much. Look at her!" She hissed and turned to Steven "And you, you get off my property right now. You did this. You corrupted my daughter." With that, she slammed the front door shut and Amy gawked "Did... Did my mom just.. kick me out?" She whispered, as she began to sober up at the news. Hannah kept her arms around her best friend and caste a look at Steven which indicated Her parents are awful.

Amy suddenly felt the urge to get away. from Hannah's support, from Steven's gaze. She needed to get away. She knew she couldn't go far, so she just pushed herself off of Hannah, feeling the numbness from the news settle in as she stared blankly at her. She didn't want to seem weak "I'm fine." She replied to Hannah's unspoken question "They don't want me in now. It'll be like.. like our sleepovers. I'm fine." Amy assured her, although her voice was a bit tight, rough. She turned to Steven and looked up at him "It wasn't your fault, if you're wondering. Loving parents should never kick their child out no matter what. But I guess we all know my parents aren't that loving. It was bound to happen." She said and nodded, averting her eyes away from his as she felt them tear up and she walked toward Hannah's car "I'll be in the car." She said, keeping her head held high as she walked away from her, but as soon as she had her back to them, she closed her eyes and bit her bottom lip. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. She kept telling herself that until she got in the car.

Steven cringed slightly as Amy's mother yelled at her. He has never seen her parents mad but their facial expressions were always so serious it looked like they were mad most of the time. Amy could barley keep herself together and Steven kept shooing her hand away from tugging on his shirt. He hadn't planned ahead and thought about the possibility that her parents would catch her drunk because he half thought that she would drink one cup and then be done with the whole thing and before he knew it she was having a good time and that was what he had wanted for her in the first place but this was not how he wanted it to end. "Steven Miller?! What are you doing with my daughter?! I had told her to stay away from you! This is your fault isn't it?!" Steven saw that one coming. He knew Amy's parents didn't like him from the moment he met them. He wasn't like his older brother in sister who weren't reckless and did things without hesitation, no they did what was needed to be done because they wanted to please their parents so bad and that wasn't going to be the same with Steven.

" Look with all due respect Mrs. White I can explain everything if y- "I will deal with you later young man. Now leave my property." Steven frowned but Amy spoke trying her best to defend him but her mother was not having it. As the yelling between Amy's mother and Amy's drunken remarks got worse he opened his mouth to speak when the sound of a car door slamming and they all looked over to see Hannah making her way over. Steven wanted to tell her run but it was already too late. "I said take her. Let her sleepover. She is not allowed back here before she goes back to being my daughter." At the comment Steven's jaw dropped and he looked over at Amy's father who attempted to protest but Mrs. White wasn't going to change her mind."And you, you get off my property right now. You did this. You corrupted my daughter." The comment had stung as he glanced down at Amy who was now looking at her mother in disbelief and a face full of emotions that he couldn't quite read.

When Hannah shot him the look he nodded his head watching as Amy's mother walked back into the house fuming and her father right after her trying to calm her down. Steven let Hannah try and soothe Amy up since that was her best friend and he figured that she needed some female comfort with all that had happened. First they were having a good time for the first time without arguing and Steven got to see Amy without her defensive walls up, she had actually been happy, had fun for what seemed like a first time in a long time and now all that went to shit with her own mother kicking her out the house. "It wasn't your fault, if you're wondering. Loving parents should never kick their child out no matter what. But I guess we all know my parents aren't that loving. It was bound to happen." Steven bit down on his lower lip trying to find the right words but it was true. His parents never kicked him out when he came home drunk, yes they were livid but they just punished him by not letting him do the things he wanted and that was rare.

"I'll be in the car." Steven watched as she walked away. " Amy I'm really sorry" He called out and when he went to walk over and talk to her Hannah stopped him. " Look Steven, I know you care about her and you feel bad that this happened to her but the best thing right now is to let her have some space to process all this. She's still pretty messed up and now she has all this running through her head. And personally I think this is the first time iv'e seen her have fun in a long time and I thank you for that". Steven nodded his head taking in everything that she was saying. It was true, right now Amy was sensitive and nothing that he was going to say would change the fact that her mom was cruel enough to kick her out. " Thanks Hannah, jut keep and eye on her for me". Hannah smiled and gave him a knowing look. " Don't worry she's my best friend, I'll take good care of her.

Steven arrived him and his parents were already sleep. He ha felt horrible about what had happened and he figured Amy wouldn't want to see his face for awhile after everything. He took a nice shower before bed. The next morning Steven woke up and just stared at the clock. They had three days left of school and he thought about missing school. Amy would be there and he didn't want to look at her because he knew that she hated him and he hated himself her being so dumb. The one time he needed to plan ahead a situation he had messed it up once again by doing it the old reckless way. Frankie text him while he was eating to tell him he wasn't going to school and Steven decided to not go and instead invite Frankie over.

Amy didn't know what hit her. She woke up the next morning, in Hannah's guest room with a huge headache. She remembered everything, unfortunately "C'mon Amy, wake up, we need to go to school" Hannah's voice rang in Amy's ears and she groaned "Do you have to be so loud?" She whispered and moaned at the pain as Hannah chuckled and gave her two pills and a glass of water, and Amy took it immediately "Welcome to hungover world." Hannah said, her lips tugging up a bit, trying to lighten the mood "Yeah well, I still remember everything. If it wasn't for this headache I would've suspected I was ever drunk..I mean I was drunk, shouldn't I forget?" Amy looked up at her friend wondering, and Hannah looked down at her, a sympathetic smile on her face "It's not always like that, you don't always forget the night you were drunk. Sorry sweetie.." She trailed off and Amy waved it off "Whatever."

They spent a good fifteen minutes, Amy telling Hannah she did not want to go to school, and Hannah trying to drag her out. For the first time in her life, Amy did not want to go to school. After yesterday, she basically just wanted to sleep. Forever. And eat junk food "Amy, do you regret it?" Hannah asked as she looked down at her messed up friend. Amy stayed silent for a moment before sighing "No, not at all." "Then stop moping and get your ass up! You did nothing wrong Amy, they over reacted. But they'll get over it." Hannah tried to explain but Amy shook her head but just then winced as she did at the pain "I just.. I was fine. I was fine with the way my life was going. And then Steven stepped in, and he changed everything. He made me do things i never thought I would. He taught me how to swim, he taught me how to let loose. And it all just went chaotic." She explained as she sat up in the bed and Hannah sat down on the edge of the bed next to her "Do you really blame him? Are you mad at him?" Amy went silent, she didn't know.. She wasn't mad at him.. but she couldn't help but feel a bit frustrated. Was it because he did all of that or because he actually left without another word last night, she wasn't sure "I- I don't know." Hannah shook her head at her friend's education "Do you hate him?" " No." The response was almost immediate, making Hannah smile and get up "Good! Now up you go missy, we have a school to attend. And you have a boyfriend to see."

"He is not my boyfriend for the up tenth time!" Amy defended as they got in Hannah's car. She had changed into clothes she borrowed from Hannah, and kept her hair loose, with absolute no make up on. She couldn't be bothered. She had agreed to go to school only because Hannah reminded her they had to admit their project today. And she didn't want to disappoint Hannah "And I said sure, for the uptenth time." Her friend smirked and Amy rolled her eyes "You're impossible." "I love you too." Amy crossed her arms and looked out of the window as they drove to school. She couldn't help but think of last night, and Steven. She wasn't sure how she felt toward him right now.. Mad.. Grateful or simply disappointed for not sticking around "How are you by the way?" Hannah almost whispered the question, but Amy kept her eyes on the window "As fine as a kicked out teen can be."

The day at school dragged by. It was long, people were questioning a lot since they saw Amy drunk last night, they were wondering about her and Steven after the defense Steven pulled last night, and they were asking about her parents' reaction. She didn't respond to any of the question. Through the whole day, she kept quiet, she kept herself distant, and stayed with Lilly and Hannah only. And she was pissed. Because Steven didn't even show up at school, and she had a feeling it had to do with her. When school was over, Lilly, Hannah and herself were back at Hannah's place and Amy was laying on the grass outside, her best friends next to her "You should call him." "No she shouldn't! He was the one who disappeared, not her." "He feels guilty." "Then he should've told me that himself." Amy pitched in on Lilly and Hannah's argument, making them fall silent. She shook her head "It's not important right now.. What am I going to do about my parents?" "Give them time, a few days to calm down, Then go talk to them." Lilly suggested and Hannah agreed but all what Amy felt, was empty. She didn't want to need to give them time, she didn't want to need to stay away from her own house. That was ridiculous, her parents were acting ridiculous. But she couldn't do anything about it. Her life was spinning out of her own control, and she had no idea what to do.

barbara_palvin_replay_03.jpg

Steven was laid out on the couch alongside Frankie most of the day who was drinking his morning coffee. Neither of them decided to go to school because Frankie was to hungover and because Steven didn't know what to say to Amy if he saw her. Yeah it made him look like a punk but that wasn't the case it was the simple fact that there was a high possibility that Amy would hate him and he didn't want that. Steven had finished telling Frankie what had happened last night and Frankie sighed placing his coffee down. " Damn dude I didn't think that her parents were that bad, I mean don't get me wrong iv'e heard all the stories but I thought people were exaggerating it a bit". Steven shook his head. " I wish". " I mean then it's a good thing that she's away from her parents and with Hannah". Frankie changed the channel on the television before looking over at Steven. " For someone who doesn't care much for what others think of him, why do you care so much if Amy doesn't like you or want to hang around you anymore?".

How was Steven supposed to answer that question when he knew that Frankie was right. People's opinions about him mattered little and yet here he was thinking about Amy and how she felt about him. Maybe it was true that he was bad for her. Steven didn't care about the same things that Amy did, their view points were different especially when it came to being free and having fun. He did like to have too much fun but that was him and now he regretted trying to push his lifestyle on her because it cost her her parents view of her and the house. " I mean I can't help it but feel bad. It's my fault she was at the lake, I told her to let loose and I didn't stop her from drinking. I knew she had to go home and I didn't think about what might happen if her parents caught her drunk". Frankie smirked and then leaned back. " Listen it's clear as day that the feelings you have for her are there otherwise you wouldn't be stressing it the way you are. You took her to the lake to have fun for once without her parents telling her how to live her life, you told her to let loose because i'm pretty sure she forgot what that was like, and yeah you let her drink but who wasn't it's not your job to mother her around and besides I kinda liked the drunk Amy".

Everything Frankie was saying made sense. It wasn't his plan to get her wasted and then her parents flip to the max but he was responsible for her in a way. " Look man your right". His friend laughed and then winced holding his head. " Look go to the school and see her, Like those romantic movies and claim your woman". Frankie made an impression of some romance movie and Steven shook his head. " You know it's not like that". " Yeah sure it's not , just go and talk to her". Steven got dressed and then climbed in the car. He made his way to the school in less than ten minutes and parked his car. School was pretty much over and he stood outside the car waiting for Amy to come out of the school. His mind was racing but the only thing Steven really wanted to do was see her. As soon as the kids starting leaving the school he looked around until he spotted Amy with Hannah and Lily. He took in a breath and then walked over stopping the girls in mid stride but he kept his eyes glued on Amy. " How are you feeling".

He bit down on his bottom lip and then ran his hand through his hair as he did often and especially if he was nervous or unsure. Steven took a step closer to Amy closing the distance between the two. " Look I know I messed up but don't be mad at me. I had no idea that your parents..well your mom was going to spazz out on you the way she did. All i wanted was for you to have fun, to see that smile on your face and to hear you laugh, I just didn't want you to miss out on the excitement that I enjoy ya know?". Steven's hand claimed hers and it was indeed a bold move since he didn't know exactly how she felt but he just want to be around her. " Tell me you don't hate me Amy".

It was last period and they had ditched for Amy's sake when they decided to lay outside on the grass on the empty football field. She had been swamped with glances and questions and didn't want to deal with it at all "We should go in, last period's over. My house?" Hannah asked and Lilly nodded "Yeah, you guys don't want to go to my house with my little cousin over, he'll make you go nuts." They chuckled and went in, grabbing their bags as they went outside.

Amy wasn't sure about the whole conversation with her friends. She wanted it all to be over already, the fights, the drama.. She wanted nothing with it. She just wanted peace, and laughter. But the only person who she actually wanted to make her laugh and have fun, wasn't here. She couldn't believe her own thoughts, but it was true. As much as she got dragged in a reckless teenage life and huge drama, she still would've liked his presence. Him, being here for her, would make her feel better. But of course not, Steven Miller doesn't do all that. He just has his fun. And she should've known.

As they walked out, Lilly and Hannah had dragged Amy in a conversation about going to Lilly's parents beach house tomorrow and spending the weekend there. Amy shrugged, she had nothing else to do anyway, not even go home. Her thoughts went back to her parents and their reaction. Was having fun this much of a sin for them? She wasn't the first teenager to get drunk, why did they react so bad? Did they hate her that much? Amy mentally sighed and tried to push the thoughts away. She just wanted to relax, eat some ice cream and just relax. She wanted peace. No questions, no parents no drama. Just peace.

" How are you feeling? " Amy's eyes snapped up only to halt in her place as did Lilly and Hannah who fell silent. She stared up at Steven in complete shock. She hadn't expected him to show up, to .. ask about her? Was she dreaming or something? She shook her thoughts away and focused on him "How do you think am I ?" Her tone wasn't hard, but not soft. She was just numb. She couldn't bother lie to him and tell him she was fine. For some reason, she just couldn't, or rather wouldn't. Was she really mad at him? A moment ago, she wanted him here, and now that he was, she was stiff, she didn't know what to do.

But right then, staring up at the reckless guy as he bit his lip and ran a hand through his hair messily, she could see this wasn't easy for him. He was nervous, and Steven rarely or rather never gets nervous. She watched him take a step closer to Amy closing the distance between the two and she didn't move back." Look I know I messed up but don't be mad at me. I had no idea that your parents..well your mom was going to spazz out on you the way she did. All i wanted was for you to have fun, to see that smile on your face and to hear you laugh, I just didn't want you to miss out on the excitement that I enjoy ya know?". When Steven's hand claimed hers, Amy looked down at their joined hands. She couldn't help but actually be thankful for it. It was a bold from him, and few people actually casted their eyes their way, curious about what was happening but Amy didn't care about them. Just then, she noticed her friends had stepped away to Hannah's car, their eyes glued on the two but they gave them some . But Amy didn't care about any of that. All she saw, was Steven right now. She couldn't believe her words "Why would you even want to see me smile or hear me laugh Steven? Why would you care?" Her voice wasn't offending him, she wasn't snapping and yelling. She was almost whispering, because she was done fighting for now.

"Tell me you don't hate me Amy" His words hit her. Was he scared she'd hate him? Was that why he didn't come to school? Amy looked back up at him and pierced her blue eyes in his hazel ones "Hate you?" She asked out loud and shook her head. Sure, he irritated her sometimes, he made her do reckless things. He messed her perfect plans, he taught her to loosen up. But she knew better than to blame him for her and her parents fight. It takes two to mingle, and she had decided to be a part of it all, all by herself. Amy shook her head and kept her eyes on his, her hand in his "I'm far from hating you." She said, staying in her place, as close as possible to him. She didn't know why, but his touch, calmed her. It made her feel better. Steven made her feel better.

Everything was happening so fast. Steven was the guy that never had a problem doing what he wanted because he always got his way mostly and he never looked into the consequences. He was always the one who came up with crazy ideas or did the stunts that people were too scared to do and now he had something that structured him. It was Amy. The girl who never bent the rules, the one who always knew what she wanted to do and had everything planned out. She was the one that was slowly getting to him. Of course a few people gawked and stared as if they weren't at the bonfire and hadn't heard about what went down last night with Matthew who didn't show up to school today either. Other peoples opinion made little difference to Steven and he hoped that Amy wasn't concerned about what other people thought too. "Why would you even want to see me smile or hear me laugh Steven? Why would you care?" That was a good question and Steven had been thinking the same thing when Frankie mentioned it.

There was a part of him that was catching feelings for the girl and the other part of him kept tugging him back to the whole bet. Steven wanted to win but now just looking into her perfect blue eyes he didn't care anymore about the bet and it was that reason that Amy made him forget simple things like that scared him. It scared him because he knew that his feelings were beginning to get involved with her and he knew her parents would really be livid. " I want to see you smile because it makes me smile, your laughter warms me up and I care..". Steven paused and fumbled around with his words, something that he never did. He was the open one who had no problem talking to anyone and now he was having trouble, just his luck. " Hate you? I'm far from hating you." Steven's eyes widened at her words and immediately he felt relived to hear those words.

The whole time he thought that she hated him for what had went down yesterday but here she was closer to him and he wanted nothing more then to hold her close to him. Steven released her hand and then slid his hands up to Amy's waist and then pulled her into his embrace. With her he was fine, calm , and content. Her touch just did something to him that made him relax. " I care about you" Steven leaned back and brought his hand up to cup her cheek as his hazel eyes looked down at her blue. She was beautiful and Steven gave his goofy grin as he continued to look at her.

How could have things escalated between them so quickly? One minute they were screaming back and forth bickering and now they were in each others arms with their lips just inches apart. At first all he heard about Amy was the bad things and how she was boring and never knew fun if it hit her in the face but during the time that he spent with her, Steven got to see that part of her. The one that laughed and joked around with him at the mall, the one who doubted her self and then overcame her fears ad learned how to swim, and the one who let loose for the first time and got drunk. All those things made her so damn amazing. His lips hovered over hers as his eyes searched hers . " I know we still have this bet going on but.....". His voice trailed off and he pressed his lips softly against hers. Yes it was another bold move but Steven didn't care, he had been holding back and he didn't want to anymore. Slowly he pulled away and then smiled.

Amy was never one to be public. About anything really. She would keep things to herself and her friends. She didn't like the attention even as she was fairly popular herself. But when she was around Steven, everytime, it made her do the unthinkable in her own rule book. She didn't care that people were staring, or that Lilly and Hannah were holding together eager to see what happens next like some tv show. She didn't care about any of that. All that she cared about right now, was the guy who messily walked into her life. But she liked that about him, oddly enough, him messily bumping into her life was something different for her, new and she liked it.

Amy watched his eyes grow wide at her words, and relief fill his gaze. She smiled reassuringly at her and felt his hand leave hers. She would have pouted but she felt his arms circle her waist and pull her to him. His warm embrace felt so good, it made her want to just stay there. She needed that embrace, and she nuzzled her face in the crook of his neck " I care about you" His words made her stomach twist, in a good way. She smiled and looked up at him as they leaned back "I care about you too" She couldn't help but blush at that. She would have never thought she'd actually tell him about her feelings, ever. And there she was, in his arms, liking it, and telling him. But he was telling her as well, and that was enough to bring a smile on her face when he grinned down at her.

If anyone would have told her, three months ago, that she would be that intimate with Steven Miller, the complete opposite of her. The guy she heard was so notorious to things, so reckless, not everyone could even handle his friendship because it held too many stunts. The guy who had one night stands only, who did and ditched girls like toys because he doesn't really care about stuff. Amy would have laughed, and hard. But there she was, and she was very aware of his hand cupping her cheek, and his lips hovering over hers. She was very much aware of that. And all she did about it, was blush and lean into his touch " I know we still have this bet going on but....." She wasn't really focusing then, she just noticed him leaning in and closed her eyes as butterflies irrupted in her stomach. Feeling his lips against hers, she could feel the tingles intensify and increase. It felt amazing, and she couldn't deny it. She didn't hesitate to kiss him back even for the bare ten seconds they kissed.

She would've never thought she'd actually like kissing Steven Miller, or even be so close to him. But she didn't care about that right now. Their lips pressed against each other made her forget everything else. When Steven pulled away, Amy kept her eyes closed for a moment before slowly opening them and looking up at him "Let's just, let's forget about the bet right now." She was dazed, and not ready to let go yet. This was the best moment for her since this week. She shook her head with a small smile on her face "Don't ruin it big guy." She teasingly whispered as they were still very much close. But it relaxed her. And it all made her realize, that maybe, Steven was her own peace now. With all his loud and chaotic personality, he was her peace now.

So Steven Miller finally found his weak spot and it was a person that he least expected. Amy White. In the matter of days she had changed him as much as he had changed her. Where he was reckless she was put together, where she had everything planned he did things in the moment. They were the complete opposite and yet here they were in each others arms like nothing else in the world mattered to them. The kiss was short yet sweet and Steven wanted to prolong it but it wasn't the place nor the time. "Let's just, let's forget about the bet right now." At the comment Steven grinned slightly. He wasn't complaining in the least bit about putting off on the bet. " Don't worry the last thing I'm trying to do is ruin the moment". He took a step back reluctantly and then looked over at Hannah and Lily who's jaws were dropped and Steven laughed shaking his head. " I'll um let you get back to them, I'll see you later" And with that he kissed her cheek and then walked back over to his car and headed back home.

Since Steven's mom was on a business trip and his dad was out late he had an empty house for a day or two and during those days Frankie stayed over and they hung out. There was only three more days left of school and all his teachers were either watching a movie or giving them baby work to do. Frankie was still at the house making himself a sandwich. " So Steven since it's the usual for us, I say we head over to Hannah's later and hang out". Steven walked passed him and then turned on the game. " Okay sure but what for? Couldn't get enough of Hannah at the bonfire and now you want to go to her house, how cute". Frankie flipped him off " Yeah whatever cause I know your coming with me because Amy will be there and speaking of which..How did it go?"
" It went fine, we talked and worked it out...and we kissed" Frankie opened his mouth and then just stared for a moment. " Wow I knew you felt some way for her". Steven simply shrugged " Whatever man and I'll go".

The rest of the evening went by fast. Steven's sister called looking for their mom about the whole wedding situation and his older brother had stopped by the house to check up on him and Frankie and to make sure that the house wasn't in total ruin. Steven was watching television when Frankie's phone vibrated and he looked down at his phone before tapping Steven's leg. " Okay man she told me to come over". Steven and Frankie got to the car and he let Frankie drive for once but not without warning him over and over again that his life as well as others mattered and driving wasn't like some NASCAR race. Sometimes Steven even wondered how he managed to get his license.

When they pulled up to Hannah's house Steven watched Frankie hop out the car and knock on her door and he followed suit. The warm air felt nice against his skin and he couldn't wait until the last day of school and the pool. It sucked that the public pool didn't want to open any sooner but they said rules were rules so everyone had to wait exactly until the last day of school for the pool to be open. Hannah answered the door and when she and Frankie's eyes met he saw how they looked at each other. " I'm glad the both of you can make up, follow me upstairs". Steven and Frankie followed Hannah and as they did so he looked at the pictures that hung around. Hannah's room was right around the corner and wondered if it was super girly or neutral. The first person that Steven laid his eyes on was Amy and it felt like the world had stopped in place. " Hey guys whats up". Steven sat down next to Amy and Frankie sat between Lily and Hannah. " So how about that Netflix". Frankie spoke looking at all the girls, " And I say something scary, not no crying sad chick flick".

Amy could hear people gasp around them, gawk at them at stare, especially after the kiss. But for once, she didn't care. She didn't care about them, and not even about her parents. Steven made her forget those for a moment, and just enjoy what she has right now " Don't worry the last thing I'm trying to do is ruin the moment" Amy grinned at that and looked over at her friends as Steven and she almost laughed but settled for grinning widely, because God knows her friends would kill her for laughing at them in this situation. Their shocked faces were priceless, they were holding on to each other for dear life, their mouth wide open and their eyes big and wide. Amy bit her lips, the blush creeping up again slightly " I'll um let you get back to them, I'll see you later" Steven's words brought Amy back and she looked up at him and nodded "I promise you, it'll be like a police investigation with all their questions." Amy chuckled lightly before nodding "I'll see you later." She smiled as he kissed her cheek and watched him walk away before she turned to walk over to Hannah's car, but Amy jumped up in surprise as when she turned, her two goofy friends were right in front of her with eyes still wide.

"What the hell was that?!" "I thought you two weren't on so great terms?!" "I knew it! I knew it I knew it!" Hannah sang just in between the questions and Amy scoffed "You did not!" "I so did! I knew it! And I told you, you like him! I knew it!" The girl raised her hands in the air and actually did her happy dance, making Amy and Lilly laugh at her "Babe, please don't dance. Ever again." Lilly joked and Hannah stopped before turning to her friend and raising a joking eyebrow "Oh shut up, you know I can dance." She winked and Amy cut them off "Okay you guys. Can we get to Hannah's? I just want to lay down for a moment." She asked and they all agreed. She wondered how the conversation steered from them, to Hannah's dancing, but it was her friends, and they were crazy like that. And she loved that.

The whole ride home, they swamped her with questions again, and Amy didn't know how to answer them even. She wasn't upset about the fact that she didn't know how to answer, in fact, she liked that. For once, she had no idea what was in store for her, and she liked that. Which was weird, but that was all Steven's effect on her. He had changed her into a person who could actually have fun and loosen up and let life steer her in it's own way and not specifically hers "Look girls, I honestly don't know!" "What do you mean you don't know? You're Amy White, you always know." Hannah argued and Lilly laughed "I think Amy white's changed Hannah." She looked over at Hannah and then at Amy who was biting her lower lip. Silence only confirmed Lilly's thoughts and Hannah gasped "Gosh if I had known I would've made you two meet a hundred years ago!" At that, Amy cracked up and shook her head "You're an idiot Hannah." She shook her head and Hannah smiled "Again Amy, Love you too."

When the girls got home, a black gym back was in Hannah's room, untouched. And a note was displayed on it. Frowning, Hannah picked up the note and read it, narrowing her eyes before giving it to Amy "It's for you." Her tone was filled with anger as Amy took the note and frowned as well "Me..?" She trailed off before reading the note

"Amy,
I am sorry for this. But your mother will not calm down easily, give her a few days. On the other hand, this is a gym bag full of clothes. I figured you needed them.
Yours truly, your father."
"Not even a freaking love you, or with love or anything." Hannah muttered as Lilly peered over Amy's shoulder to read the letter as well, and she winced. It was supposed to be a nice gesture, but it wasn't and the girls knew it. Amy couldn't believe her father was being such a coward. She shook her head and tore the letter apart before throwing it away "Let's forget about this. I have my clothes, and that alone, makes me happy. No offense Hannah!" Hannah laughed at Amy's words and shook her head "None taken sweetie, I know what you mean."

Hannah's room consisted of lavender walls, there were no posters like some hormonal teenager stalking celebrities, but there were pictures of her and her friends and her family all around the room. The bedroom was huge. It held two none separated sections, the actual bedroom which consisted of Hannah's king size bed, a makeup corner and a walk in closet, and the other section was a sort-of-livingroom. Three couches, and a flat screen tv, with a coffee table in the middle. Amy sat on the couch in the middle, directly across the Tv, Hannah took the left one and Lilly the right as they laid down, and Hannah kept texting "Who do you keep texting?" Lilly wondered and Hannah looked up and grinned, darting her eyes to Amy "How would you girls feel if Frankie and Steven came over? we have the house to ourselves the whole night." Amy widened her eyes "You and Frankie! I knew it!" She did the exact same of what Hannah did, which made her friends laugh and Hannah shrug "I don't know what you're talking about." "What do you mean you don't-" "Oh shut up and admit you'd be over the moon if Steven came." "Only when you admit that you like Frankie." "Touché." Lilly shook her head at her friends "You guys are weird." They both casted her a look and she raised her hands in surrender "I didn't say I wasn't weird either!" They both grinned at that and Lilly shook her head "So now that you two have your lovebirds coming over, can I tell Travis to come too?" Travis was Lilly's boyfriend. He was nice, outgoing, funny and sociable. He was accepted among everyone, and the girls liked him. Amy remembered that she used to see Travis speaking to Steven and Frankie, maybe friends? Or simply acquaintances "Sure!"

Barely half an hour later, Amy was sitting up crossed legs on the couch as they were speaking of dinner and what to order before the bell rang and Hannah jumped up and nearly ran downstairs to open the door "Don't get too excited down there!" Amy yelled jokingly after her friend who told her a curse Amy would not repeat and she laughed. When Hannah showed up again, Amy's eyes landed on Steven who walked in before Frankie. Their eyes locked and Amy smiled as he greeted everyone before sitting down next to Amy "Missed me so much, you had to see me again huh?" She teased softly, as Frankie steered up a conversation with the two girls on the other couch " So how about that Netflix". Frankie spoke looking at all the girls, " And I say something scary, not no crying sad chick flick". Amy and Lilly groaned "No, not scary movies!" Amy whined like a little kid but Frankie only smirked just as the bell rang again but this time, Lilly got up and went to the door "Lilly's boyfriend, Travis is coming over as well." Hannah filled the guys in before Lilly and Travis walked in again and everyone greeted him as the sat on the third couch. And in the end, Amy had lost the case against Frankie about the movies. He was too set on watching a scary movie and Amy finally caved in "Fine. But if I don't get some sleep tonight, I'm going to haunt you down buddy, because I love sleeping. And I'm cranky when I don't sleep." She warned him and heard him laugh. Amy had herself straightened up on her seat when she was arguing Frankie playfully and when it was all done, she unconsciously leaned back against Steven but didn't bother to move away, they were already sitting close and nuzzling closer wasn't something Amy was about to complain about.

"Missed me so much, you had to see me again huh?" Steven smiled immediately at Amy's comment. He did want to see her after everything that had happened between them. The bet was on pause...a long pause from the looks of it and Steven couldn't care less. When Travis arrived Steven and Frankie greeted him. They had hung out with Travis before but he wasn't close to them and their group of friends. Everyone was cuffed up with their significant other. The movie started and he felt Amy lean against him. Whenever she was around him it was soothing and he didn't mind one bit when she leaned against him. The scary movie started and Steven knew that Frankie would have chosen something gory and a jump scare. He wasn't a stickler for scary movies but he didn't hate them either. Frankie and Hannah were all bundled up, Travis and Lily and finally himself and Amy. It was funny how thing worked out because he never thought he'd be where he was now and especially with Amy but he was glad for it.

There were a few jump jump scares throughout the movie and he felt Amy tense up and look away or cover her eyes a few times. The guys were into the movie laughing at certain parts that they knew the girls wouldn't fine funny. When Amy got real and a part was coming up Steven leaned down and turned Amy's face away from the television screen and kissed her. The kiss was longer then when they were outside of the school and he deepened the kiss before pulling away slowly. When the movie was finally over Hannah and Lily were spooked and Amy was scared but he figured not as much as Hannah and Lily were. " Well that movie was good, you sure know how to pick em' man". Frankie laughed and so did Travis.

Since it was getting late and Hannah's parents were coming home Steven and the rest of the guys got ready to leave but Steven didn't go without a kiss from Amy. " I'll see you in school tomorrow" he smiled and then walked out the house with Frankie and Travis. Steven and Frankie said goodbye to Travis as he climbed into his car and Steven dropped off Frankie before heading home himself. His mother was still on her business trip but his father was home watching the basketball game on TV. Steven was surprised to see that his father had cook a good meal. Pork chops with gravy and rice. His dad was a good cook but his mother liked to cook more so his dad let her do most of the cooking.

After dinner and some male bonding time Steven took a quick shower before throwing on some shorts and falling to sleep in his bed. There was now officially two days left of school before the summer and Steven woke up to his alarm clock with a groan. He turned it off and then climbed out of bed and made his way into the bathroom to take a shower and brush his teeth. When he was finished Steven thew on a obey tank top and some shorts and some sneakers to match. He didn't really feel like going to school but there was no point in skipping when there was only two days left and besides he got to see Amy. Steven was in school in a matter of minutes and he greeted Frankie who he was shocked to see at school early and some of his friends.

" Looks like someone got a good sleep" Steven joked greeting Frankie who nodded. " Yes I did thank you very much..smart ass" Steven laughed at his friends comment and they walked into school. When lunch came around and it was transition period Steven was on his way to the cafeteria when Destiny Sanchez, one of the girls he used to talk to awhile ago strolled on up with a smile on her face that looked like she had something planned. Destiny was on the cheer leading team and he was almost cheer captain. Everyone thought they were good together because she was reckless like him and she was a cheer leader and he was a basketball player but Steven ended it with her because she was to much for him and he had grown tired of her games.

" Why hello there Anthony I haven't talked to you in so long". Steven sighed, Destiny always called him by his middle name because she liked it better than Steven and also because she wanted to be the only one to say it. Go figure. " Yeah I've been busy ya know?". Steven tried to avoid her gaze and move around her but she wasn't budging and instead she was taking closer steps and Steven was getting a bad feeling. " So lately words been going around that you and miss perfect Amy White are a thing now..is that true?". He could tell from the look on Destiny's face that she was unhappy about the news circulating around. " Well I don't know what it is about little miss Amy but I can assure you that you won't forget about me" Steven raised an eyebrow. " Destiny what are you tal-" And then before Steven could finish his sentence she kissed him.

The movie was nothing Amy, Hannah or Lilly enjoyed. But it was a classic move from Frankie. Who was indeed enjoying the movie and the way Hannah clung to him for dear life, wrapping his arms around her tightly, as an excuse to keep her safe. Amy shook her head at the smartass before turning her attention to the tv. But that was a wrong thing to do as a very disgusting part was coming up. Before Amy was even able to react, she felt Steven's fingers on her chin, turning her to face him silently and she did. And instead of getting all worked up on the scary movie, Amy was enjoying an amazing slow kiss to which she of course did not hesitate to kiss back. Who would've guessed, Steven Miller and Amy white practically making out in her friends house. But she wouldn't want it any other way. When they pulled away ever so slowly with Amy as dazed as ever, the movie was over, and Amy smiled, getting why he kissed her at that exact moment "Thank you." She mouthed to him softly.

The kiss surprisingly went unnoticed by the girls and even the guys, and Amy wasn't complaining. She could only imagine the questions and teasing her friends would throw in her face. But when it was time for them to leave, and as they bid them goodnight at the door, she could hear Hannah scared as hell, speaking to a smirking Frankie "Do you have to leave now?" "Hannah babe, it's late. And it was just a movie, don't worry about it." Frankie tried to comfort her and tried to not laugh. Lilly and Travis were having their little moment, with Travis' arms around Lilly, smiling down on her and kissing her forehead then her lips, and it was Amy's queue to look away. She snapped her eyes up when Steven strolled in last from the living room and he made his way to her. She was a bit shocked he kissed her yet again, but loved it nerveless " I'll see you in school tomorrow" Amy nodded and smiled back as she and the girls watched the guys walk out and go their separate ways.

When Hannah shut the door, she turned to Amy "So, I get it, Lilly and Travis are together, they kiss. Sure." She said and Lilly takes over "But last time I checked, you and Steven were on a bet, but then, you make out in the middle of the movie- " "Don't think we did not notice that." "And, he kisses you goodnight." "Yeah so, what's all that? You two together now?" Amy looked back and forth from her friends and bit her lip "I kinda hoped you did not notice the kiss in the middle of the movie." "But we did." Hannah winked and Amy chuckled, rolling her eyes "Yeah, and about the bet.. Yeah we kinda put that on pause.. " " Is that even a thing?" Lilly chuckled and Amy shrugged "Well, we made it a thing." She turned around and walked upstairs to her guestbedroom as they followed and stopped at her door "And I don't know what we are but-" "Is he a good kisser?" Hannah asks suddenly, which was typical of her. Lilly raised an eyebrow "Oh Hannah, good question, I mean would a guy who've slept around and had his share of girls, be a good kisser? Not lot he had time to practice even if he wasn't a natural good kisser." Her words were laced with sarcasm to which Amy chuckled and shook her head at her friends even though she couldn't help but think of their words. She knew Steven was well known around girls.. could she trust him or was he just playing around.. "Goodnight guys."

The next morning, Amy woke up in a very good mood. She hummed a song she loved all through her morning routine and dressed in her green shorts and top, matching it with her purse before making her way downstairs and having breakfast with Hannah and Lilly, Hannah being in a sore mood for not being a morning person, and Lilly as humble as ever. When they got to the school, they were a bit later than usual but still on time for their classes. Amy didn't see Steven all through her morning classes, and she couldn't wait for lunch break. But when it came, she wished it didn't. She was walking to the cafeteria alone, Lilly and Hannah were already in there but she had to switch books at her locker. She was just rounding a corner, humming quietly when she looked up as she heard two voices, one she recognized very well as Steven himself. But when she looked up, she was in time to see him locking lips with Destiny Sanchez, the school's slut. She stopped in her tracks, a few feet away from them and tried to keep herself together even though she felt her heart sink.

She pressed her lips together and cleared her throat, and when they parted startled, she kept her eyes on Steven "You are blocking the cafeteria entrance." Amy was trying to keep it together, but she felt both sad and angry and she couldn't but comment "Sorry for interrupting you swapping saliva with the school's bitch." Now it was a known fact that when Amy curses, that means she was down right pissed. Because she never, ever, curses "Excuse me?!" Destiny shrieked but Amy had had it "Oh please, we all know you would have been better off named as Candy than Destiny, I mean, it's way more suitable for a slut who opens her legs to every guy in a ten mile radius. Especially ones like the manwhore you just swapped saliva with." Destiny gasped "How dare you-" "No, how dare you?!" Amy yelled at her and got her sudden silence, because they both knew she was right about that. Amy walked up to her, standing rather intimidatingly before and thank God she was not shorter, but the same height "You know what? You can have him. But anyway, it's not like you were waiting for permission. Neither was he." She cast Steven a nasty look before turning and walking away. When Steven tried to stop her and followed her, she abruptly turned to face him and held her finger up for him to shut up "You know what? I was wrong. I was very very wrong. And everyone else was right! You are just as your reputation says, you're just in it for the games. And you don't care about anyone." She shook her head and hissed at him, ignoring the stares of the people around them "I should've listened to them, instead of going into all of this trouble for you! You're not only reckless, but such a manwhore and a cheater! But I shouldn't be surprised should I?! I mean you are Steven Millet!" She yelled and chuckled sarcastically. She couldn't take it anymore, and for the first time ever, she yelled loudly in front of people and did not wait till they were alone. She couldn't wait.

img-thing

If Steven would have woke up and knew that everything that happened in that very moment would then he would have never came or avoided Destiny altogether. He was the first to pull away as quickly as she had kissed him and he shook his head giving Destiny a disgusted look. They had dated for two months and after he broke up with her they had been on and off just simply hooking up when he wanted too. Frankie had said that their relationship was toxic and he was right. It sucked that he had to see what his friends saw after they broke up, but Destiny was no good. "You are blocking the cafeteria entrance." Damn was all Steven could think of when he saw Amy and the look on her face. "Sorry for interrupting you swapping saliva with the school's bitch." Well she was pissed. Super pissed and he had never heard her curse until now and Steven opened his mouth but Destiny spoke.

"Excuse me?!" "Oh please, we all know you would have been better off named as Candy than Destiny, I mean, it's way more suitable for a slut who opens her legs to every guy in a ten mile radius. Especially ones like the manwhore you just swapped saliva with." Whoa manwhore? Is that what Amy thought of him? He frowned but he understood why she said what she did. He was just seen in a very compromising situation but it wasn't like he had time to explain himself."How dare you-" "No, how dare you?! "You know what? You can have him. But anyway, it's not like you were waiting for permission. Neither was he." Steven stood in between the two girls who were shouting over one another and people were peeking their heads to see what was going on. Oh great some more shit.You know what? I was wrong. I was very very wrong. And everyone else was right! You are just as your reputation says, you're just in it for the games. And you don't care about anyone.I should've listened to them, instead of going into all of this trouble for you! You're not only reckless, but such a manwhore and a cheater! But I shouldn't be surprised should I?! I mean you are Steven Miller".

Steven was mad now. After everything that had went so good the other day turn so sour? Amy didn't even let him explain and called him a manwhore and if that were true, it like she never really thought much about him. He caught up with her easily and grabbed her hand turning her around to him. " You could have let me explain the situation at hand. She kissed me, it wasn't the other way around at all! Destiny was jealous that I was with you and she pulled a slick move but you know since i'm a manwhore that just screws everyone that moves you'd know right?". Steven scoffed and then shook his head. " Here I thought that you would be the one person to not judge me, to actually think something of me but you let the rumors of other people who know nothing about me help make your judgement on me. I don't just break girls hearts Amy..have you ever cared to wondered that maybe someone broke my heart? That maybe I don't sleep with every girl I'm with because I don't. Amy you were someone I cared about and I meant what I said but whatever ".

He turned to walk away and when he reached the school doors he looked back. " Since I'm the reckless guy and you made a mistake being with me, I'll just be that guy". Steven gritted his teeth before walking out of the school building and then climbing into his car and driving off. After a few minutes his phone went off and it was Frankie calling. Steven told him everything that happened and Frankie told him to head over to Bender's Hill for the race. Usually when school was over some of the dropouts held a street race that ended near the pier. It was high risk and dangerous but Steven and Frankie attended almost and they raced in a few of them. By the time school was out most of the dropouts were already waiting with their cars and placing their bets. Frankie showed up just in time. " Hey man..look of this is what you wanna do to let off steam go for it. Just make sure you win bro". Steven cracked a half smile but it was hard when he kept replaying everything that happened between him and Amy.

The race started and Steven his the gas matching the speed of Kiro the first place champ. They hit the corner and he slowed but instantly hot the gas again almost in front of Kiro and his car. Steven dodged traffic and he to the outskirts tailing right behind Kiro. At the last turn Kiro accelerated too much and his car went spinning leaving Steven to finish the race with others right behind him. Just when he was going to get out his car and celebrate he heard the police sirens and he sighed. Right before the officers reached his car he sent a message to Frankie: Won the race bro but the cops got me: Things went from worse to shit in a matter of hours and now he found himself sitting in a holding cell. His mother was away and his brother was at work, not that he would want him to get him. His father would be livid but he'd live yet he didn't want him to get him either. The one person he was waiting on to come through was Frankie and until then Steven waited slouching as he watched two officers talk about nothing. Some of the other delinquents were with him groaning and complaining about their parents being mad or being on probation.

Amy wasn't one to get worked up easily, that was a given. But whenever Steven was involved, she'd turn into a person she thought she could never be. She was more than pissed, especially as Destiny wore a smirk and a smug expression on her face while Amy and Steven fought like none before. He was pissed. But so was she " You could have let me explain the situation at hand. She kissed me, it wasn't the other way around at all! Destiny was jealous that I was with you and she pulled a slick move but you know since i'm a manwhore that just screws everyone that moves you'd know right?". Amy stared up at him, she couldn't believe him. How could she think any other than that if she turns a corner and finds him with a girl he shared a good portion of his past with? " Here I thought that you would be the one person to not judge me, to actually think something of me but you let the rumors of other people who know nothing about me help make your judgement on me. I don't just break girls hearts Amy..have you ever cared to wondered that maybe someone broke my heart? That maybe I don't sleep with every girl I'm with because I don't. Amy you were someone I cared about and I meant what I said but whatever "

Amy shook her head as she watched him walk away, they were both being stubborn and Amy was not about to stop being the stubborn girl she was known to be "Really Steven? You're gonna pull that out? How am I supposed to think huh?!" She was a mess and he knew it. With her parents, her house and now this, she wouldn't but think he would betray her, everyone else was doing so, so why not him? But of course, he was too mad to even reason, and she didn't blame him, because she was too mad to even listen too and when he reached the school doors he looked back. " Since I'm the reckless guy and you made a mistake being with me, I'll just be that guy". Amy could feel Hannah's hands on her arms, holding on to her and Amy didn't care when Hannah even got here. She looked around, noticing the crowd they were able to form and she shook her head "Really? You have nothing better to do?" she gritted her teeth and Hannah knew to pull her into the cafeteria in time "You need to calm down." She whispered as she guided Amy to Lilly on their table and sat her down before sitting next to her "Now tell us, what happened?" Amy closed her eyes and took a deep breath as she tried to calm down, Steven's words running through her mind. Just yesterday, it was all sunshine and rainbows and now, they were already hating on each other.

By the time Amy finished telling them what happened, Lilly was shaking her head and Hannah had a puzzled look on her face "That Destiny bitch was always trouble." Lilly commented but Hannah shook her head "But why would he cheat on you?" She looked at Amy who looked shocked at her friends words "Because he can Hannah. And because he doesn't really give a shit." "Language!" "You curse all the time!" "Yeah but you don't! And that is one thing I love about you, don't change it. And calm the hell down." Amy pursed her lips and sank in her seat as Hannah stayed silent before standing up "I'm going to get everything out of Frankie." "Hannah don't, it's over." "No it's not! Have you seen the way you two were with each other last night?! Something like that doesn't just end with one fight." "But-" "And you or him wouldn't throw it away for a quickie with someone else. Sure, Steven had a history with girls, and he's reckless and all. But there's got to be something else, maybe she did kiss him, maybe he didn't kiss back." Amy was shocked by her friends words and she raised an eyebrow "Why are you defending him?" Hannah shook her head and looked down at Amy "I'm not defending him. I'm defending the thing you two have." Well, that was deep coming from the girl who is never deep. Lilly even looked at Hannah shocked but nodded "Then go, I'll stay with Amy." "Hey I don't need a babysitter!" "Yes you do, you're mad. You do things you don't usually do when you're mad." Lilly commented and Amy groaned before Hannah nodded "I'll get going then, and Amy?" Amy looked up and saw her friend smiling sadly at her "If it turns out that he kissed her as well, then you deserve better." Amy nodded at her friend slowly, feeling her eyes prickle with tears but did not let herself break down now.

School was over, and they still didn't hear from Hannah who had skipped with Frankie the last three periods. Lilly and Amy decided to go to the ice cream shop and get something sweet. While they sat and spoke, Lilly mostly trying to cheer Amy up who was absentmindedly playing with her ice cream cup, Hannah showed up with Frankie by her side, a worried expression on their faces. Amy looked up, alarmed as it was the first time she ever saw Frankie worried and frowned "What happened?" Frankie glanced at Hannah hesitantly who shook her head "We have to tell her." "But he'll kill me." "Do you want him out?" Amy was very confused now and she slowly stood up "Where's Steven?" Her voice came out neutral, emotionless and she couldn't but think the worst. When Frankie hesitated again, Hannah explained and Amy widened her eyes "He went what?!" She shrieked and Lilly stood up to push Amy back down on her seat and tell her to lower her voice "Is he crazy?! Does he want to get caught, or worse, KILLED?!" She hissed and Frankie sighed, telling her that they usually do that "Not when he's mad!" "He's never mad Amy!" Hannah pitched in and Amy fell silent as she explained "He barely even lets things get to him, and then you came and he's furious. You get that? He cares." Amy shook her head "So much, that he went and got himself caught by the cops." She muttered and stood up with her car keys before climbing in and telling them to wait here.

The reason Hannah told Amy, was not to show her that Steven was mad and that she could affect him so much. But because she knew they'd let him out if she went and spoke to them. She could be kicked out of her house, but nobody knew that. She could still use her father's last name, and it came with privileges. When she got to the police station, she was warmly greeted and she smiled back innocently at them before stopping at the receptionist "Hello Dear, how may I help you today?" The woman behind the counter asked gently and Amy smiled "Well, uhm, I need a favor Danny." She asked and Danny raised an eyebrow "What kind of favor?"

"You know he had a record of this before right?" Amy nodded as they walked to the holding cells and Danny sighed "The things we'd do for you Amy White." Amy kept silent, she knew Danny meant the things they'd do for her father but she didn't comment on it. She waited in the waiting room where Danny told her to wait before going in and getting Steven out. When he was out, and finally saw her, she was standing up, her arms crossed, her lips pressed in a thin line "Thank You Danny." She said softly at the woman who nodded and smiled "You two get out of here now. And Steven, stop with the races before you get yourself in jail or worse, dead." She advised and walked away. Silently, Amy walked before Steven knowing he was following and out of the police station.

She wasn't going to let this go, but she was also not going to yell inside a police station. As soon as they were out, She turned to face him and slapped him arm, trying as hard as she could but she knew he barely felt it "Are you crazy?!" She shrieked and looked up at him "Are you trying to die or just give me a heart attack when i hear you were in a freaking illegal race, and then in a holding cell?!" She looked furious, but that was covering up for the fact that she was indeed, very worried "Do you not care about your life?! What if you crashed and died huh?!" She pushed at his chest but he barely moved "Did you even think about that?! Or how it would affect others?! Your family?! Frankie?! Me for God sake?!" She shook her head and looked up at him, not even realizing she was tearing up again "You don't go after one fight and put your life in danger like that! If you don't care about me anymore then fine! But think about your family and your friends before putting your life in such danger! You may not care about me anymore, and you hurt me in a time you knew I could not take anything more than what I was already dealing with, but I still give a shit you stupid reckless boy!" She pushed at his chest again, cursing yet again when she never does, before turning away from him and running her hands through her hair then rubbing her face, trying to get those tears to disappear. They didn't roll down her cheeks, but they were barely holding in her eyes, and her eyes were completely fogged up now.

While Steven was waiting for Frankie to come through and get him out of holding and get him. His adrenaline was racing after everything that had happened in the matter of a few hours. The officers came back every few minutes to check on the people in the holding cell and also to release some of them to their parents. After a few of his friends parents had left Steven walked around the cell. He would have to claim his money prize later on from Kiro but for know the main focus was getting out. One of the officers that was watching him left for a moment and Steven was relived because he figured it was Frankie coming to get him. The female officer came in not saying a word but opening the cell doors and then motioning him to walk out. " Looks like your free to go Mr. Miller". He walked out from the back with the officer and then he froze for a moment meeting Amy's gaze. So this was the plan that Frankie had came up with. Great.

He could see the anger and frustration on her face from a mile away and he sighed looking away from her and then to the officer who spoke. "You two get out of here now. And Steven, stop with the races before you get yourself in jail or worse, dead." Steven had heard those words before and he simply nodded his head. Steven wasn't like those dropouts who had so much time on his hands that he got into major trouble, the race well he wasn't really thinking straight and he knew that already but he did need to take his mind off Amy. Before he would talk Amy slapped his arm and he gave her a blank expression."Are you crazy?!" That was a good question and if he were to evaluate himself on the reckless things he had done then the answer would be yes but it's not like he would have told Amy that.

"Are you trying to die or just give me a heart attack when i hear you were in a freaking illegal race, and then in a holding cell?! Do you not care about your life?! What if you crashed and died huh? Amy pushed at his chest and he barely moved. "Did you even think about that?! Or how it would affect others?! Your family?! Frankie?! Me for God sake?!" Steven sighed as she yelled at him. He felt like an total ass for doing what he did and not thinking about the repercussions later on. The anger that he could hear in her voice made him frown slightly and he shook his head. When Amy looked up at him and Steven saw the tears in her eyes he opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. " You don't go after one fight and put your life in danger like that! If you don't care about me anymore then fine! But think about your family and your friends before putting your life in such danger! You may not care about me anymore, and you hurt me in a time you knew I could not take anything more than what I was already dealing with, but I still give a shit you stupid reckless boy!" And with that another push at his chest that did nothing.

Steven hadn't said anything since Amy spoke he had a unreadable facial expression but his mind was racing with so much things going on at once. He let her curse at him and she turned away from him. He walked over to her and then turned her around before looking into her eyes. " Amy I'm sorry I hurt you...I'm sorry that I'm this guy that's so damaged and does stupid things but I still care about you, I like you a lot and that's not going to change but the one thing your going to have to do is trust me". He wiped her tears from her face and he pulled her into his embrace, holding her in his arms and nothing matter anymore. Steven pressed his lips against hers and when he pulled away he took Amy's hand into his. " Can we just start over? ".

Frankie and Hannah came in and looked from one to the other before giving a knowing smile and they all left the department in Frankie's car. " Well I'm glad to have you back in one piece man" Keith spoke as he parked the car at Steven's house and he nodded." Yeah man and thanks a lot you guys didn't have too". As Steven got out the car he saw his brother Elijah standing in the doorway and he gave a wave. Steven and his brother looked similar except Elijah was darker and he got that from their dad. " So I got a call from the department on the house phone that you got taken in. Don't worry I answered the phone before mom got to it so your off the hook, just try and not get into anymore serious trouble SJ". Steven nodded patting his older brothers shoulder before turning to Amy. " Well I'd like you to meet my brother, Elijah this is Amy and Amy this is Elijah. His brother walked over and gave Amy a warm hug before looking from her to Steven. " I'm trying to see what such a beautiful young lady is doing with you". Steven laughed and ran his hand through his hair. " Ha ha fuck you too". Elijah laughed as he waved to Frankie and Hannah. " You guys are welcomed inside if you want".

Status
Not open for further replies.