Opposites Attract, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling the shift in her mood, Ivy shook her head smiling softly. "I don't have to if you don't want me too, he's not really the reason why I'm going over there it was just one of those if we run into each other..." Bryony had gotten a bit, tense pretty fast so Ivy figured it was her fault for asking about her roommate so she kinda felt a bit bad. Moving a strand of hair out of her face Ivy looked up at her and smiled softly chuckling. They had became friends so fast that it was a wonder to her how she couldn't really meet anyone else like this. But she quickly knew the answer to why she couldn't meet anyone like this...it was because if she had never stopped and looked at the bike, Ivy probably would have never been given this oppritunity.

"I find I funny....how I went from barely knowing who you are to sitting on a motorcycle with you watching the sun set..." Smiling once more this time letting more of her teeth show. She had to learn not to be so shy, so the only simple answer was to just open up to her. "Or how I went from barely knowing you to wanting to kiss you...I think I find that one a bit more funny"

Feeling more than a little bad about the frosty moment of just disregarding her kind, well-meant suggestion, she quietly leant to peck her cheek as way of an apology - something quick and simple, but with obvious romantic intentions given she had made no secret of her burgeoning love interest in the girl sat behind her.

Once she spoke, the girl took a moment just to sit back and admire the sunset - they were in no rush to get going, really, even if haste was preferable. "Well, I'm happy about it, honey. I mean, when I first talked to 'ya, you wouldn't even say boo to a goose. You've already become a little more confident in the short time I've gotten to know you-- it's a good friendship, hm?"​

"It's a really good friendship...honey, I haven't actually felt happy in a while" which had be so true, depression had taken over a bit with the same routine day after day. She would wake up, get everything she needed done, go to school, finish school, then go home. And every week on Friday when her mom thought that she was going to the gym and she went to the park, that was the only happiness she had felt. Then her being misrable started again as she walked home.

"I'm happy that I met you, I don't get why everyone else says your bad news, I think you're pretty amazing" Ivy said softly as she laid her head comfortably in her shoulder watching the sunset as well. It was gorgeous, the way that the red and orange stretched across the sky. Or how the subtle pinks would make their self known throughout the warm colors, all of them just working in perfect harmony. "It's so beautiful...I think sunset is my favorite part of the day because of the beauty that our sky can hold..."

"Honey?" She beamed at the pet name, pulling her leather gloves on and reached for the acceleration, though didn't start the engine just yet, happy to just accept and take in the pet name the other had used -that gave Bryony confidence that things were heading in the right direction- and the fantastic, and ever so romantic scenery stretched out in front of them.

Frankly, in that moment, she did feel like one of the more lucky people in the world, just to witness that sight and to have accepted a kiss or two from the girl she was fast claiming to love as a friend... and hopefully something more, but that could be yet to be seen. "...Anyway, you can quit complimenting me. I've done crappy stuff to a lot of people," she admitted, finally hoisting her feet of the ground to start the engine, the low rumbling noises breaking the quietness. "But I'll be good to you, I swear~"​

But I'll be good to you, I swear. It was that one sentence that cause the smile on her face to widen. She still had to remember though, the title that she had, the infamous player who screwed with everything she touched. She refused to be one of those other girls, the ones that were toyed with and hurt. It was going to be different because she wasn't going to let their friendship go down the drain. And if their friendship didn't go down the drain then she wouldn't want to be romantically involved, but feel down she knew she had.

"Oh stop you don't need to be good to me...I'm a big girl I can handle myself" her voice was soft as she whispered in her ear after the engine started up. Thenaid her head back on her shoulder getting comfortable once more as she got one more glimpse of the sunset. Beautiful and only could really truly be seen at a certain time, exactly like Bryony. Hidden behind the day and could only be seen at a certain time, the only time that she would allow someone to see her true self. Though Ivy wasn't exactly sure what that is.

"But I mean, I won't just go abandon you for someone else, Ivy," she reassured, Regardless of the troubles being friends with her would cause the fellow girl with her parents, Bryony was basically in it for the long haul. She liked Ivy, and being friends with her was something she fully intended to keep going... even if nobody was really expecting Bryony to ever just be friends with someone in this platonic sense

Though she was happy to prove them wrong, even if her best friend, Flynn, was their biggest critic in that he grew jealous and slightly possessive over Bryony.

Finally starting the motorbike with a small smirk, she immediately beamed once the light breeze became wind in her hair - it was always a great feeling.​

Yeah, I hope you don't...Ivy thought to herself as she kept quiet just laying there. Looking at the trees that were passing by as they moved on the bike just giving her a bit of time to think. This was scary, and she was getting herself on deep. Being friends with Bryony, that could have lead to some serious things on her part...the main one, her parents. But what if this wasn't as bad as she thought and being friends with her wasn't as stressful as she was thinking.

God, now school was bound to get harder if the popular girls saw them together, her parents would take away everyone little freedom she had if they new about her.

But she didn't see what was so horrible, Ivy found herself having fun when she was with Bryony. If having fun was such a great thing how come she was the only teenager she knew that wasn't having it.

Unaware of the other's thoughts, despite knowing she would probably be thinking about something like that, it wasn't too long before pulling up to the rather smart apartment buildings - it helped to afford them when she shared with Flynn, whose own family hadn't been too happy with him and forced him out. Carefully locking her vehicle up, the girl shot the other an amused grin - it was too late to chicken out of the rebellion, even if hanging out with a friend was normal... though the other's parents didn't seem like they agreed with their daughter having friends, especially if they were gay. "You feeling alright, babe?"​

Finally realizing that they had reached their destination Ivy hoped off the bike behind her and chuckled as she heard the girl calling her babe. "Yeah babe I'm fine...just a little bit nervous, not that I should have told you that, I'm eager more than nervous though...I've never been over a friends house" Ivy smiled reaching up to her side braid and taking it out since she felt it was dry. But now her hair was a wavey mess and as soon as she got home she needed to wash it and dry it, or maybe she could do that here since she was pretty sure that the house had a bathroom. "Hey is it alright if I shower here...I'm feeling the dirt and salt water build up"

"Aw, you're really growing more comfortable with me, huh?" She beamed, actual pride igniting her eyes - seeing Ivy blossom and grow more free with herself, allowing herself to be who she was was a great thing to witness, even if her parents were bound to think differently - but Bryony would help Ivy deal with it when she saw her in school.

Bryony may be a flirter, a player, but she was a kind person, always sticking up for those bullied and offering everyone a smile regardless if she found them cute or not. And given Ivy was her friend now, she was ready to easily support her.

"Come on, silly. Of course you can use the shower, or take a bath, or whatever your beautiful heart desires. Just don't walk out in a towel. I probably couldn't resist you then," she flirted playfully, making sure to keep it light and not too serious just for her. Leading her into the block and up the stairs -she wouldn't admit to hating elevators-. it was up on the fifth floor before she led the other into a cosy apartment, decorated nicely - surprisingly nicely given the fact Bryony was still in school, like Flynn but she had a part time job, as he did, and so had scraped enough to buy nice things. And it did help when Flynn had a natural eye for design. "Come in, settle down. I'll crack open the wine~"​

"How do you even get access to wine" Ivy questioned not really wanting to know the answer. Because she was pretty sure that it was going to be something she didn't want to hear. Or even better, something that was highly illegal since they were both under the age of drinking. Looking around the small but large apartment Ivy slid the jacket that she had off and looked around for somewhere for her to place it. Finding a little closer by the door she opened it and placed her jacket inside. "Wow this is really nice, I'm trying to save up for an apartment...when I can get a place of my own...I think that then I could finally feel like I'm independent"

Ivy turned to her smiling as she walked around the apartment picking up and looking at things. She was like a little kid who had just come to stay at someone's house that she hadn't known. "So what about your parents...how did they feel about you moving out...I mean I know you aren't a little kid anymore but I would have never thought about actually moving out at this age" honestly she was kind of scared asking the question, most people hadn't liked talking about families that weren't in the picture. But they were friends so Bryony had to believe that she wouldn't take the information and use it against her.

"I don't think you wanna know how we have wine... and beer, and vodka," she laughed, trailing into the open kitchen to find the wine, returning to the other's side contently - as long as Ivy seemed happy, she herself was, even if the noise of Flynn's music from one of the three bedrooms was enough to make her cringe, having him come out and interrupt them being the worst scenario possible.

Instead of dwelling on that, she poured the wine up, making sure to give Ivy a little less just to make sure that she liked it first before filling her glass up, until hearing her question and chuckling to herself. "They were pretty pleased. I mean, having to see me bring girls home all the time must have been annoying for 'em. I mean, they love me, but I'm hardly the best daughter in the world so... meh. I ring them once a week, maybe twice. But they're happy I'm not there I know that much-- and hey, you know, you can always move in here. I'd love to have you around. Flynn wouldn't be able to bring guys around all the time and let them use the spare room, y'know?"​

Ivy had looked at the wine in the glass and smiled before she held the glass up to her lips and took a sip of the dark red substance in the cup. It was sweet but had a weird taste to it, but it hasn't tasted horrible. Taking another small sip of what she had Ivy lowered the cup from her mouth and smiled licking her lower lip to get the rest of the wine off. "It was sweet...I don't know what else to say, do I use wine language now" Ivy joked laughing to herself quietly.

Listening to her story about her parents she breathed out wishing her parents were the same way. Perfectly okay with her leaving the house. Moving out on her own to become her own person and live on her own. Her parents were just too scared since her brother's story didn't end the best way that it could have. "Oh stop joking, I wouldn't want to be a bother to you two since you guys already have everything together" she drank the last little bit of what she had in the glass and held the cup in her hands. "Plus my parents...I don't think that they would be okay with me moving in with someone they don't know...I'll just get my own place when the time comes"

"You mean, they also would hate you moving in with two gay people," she laughed playfully, her pretty eyes glittering as she took a swig of her wine, easing back onto the couch with legs folding, turning towards the other challengingly. "Honestly, feel free to move in if you want. Who cares what your parents think? I mean, get to know me better and all, sure, but the offer's there, sweetheart," she promised, not wanting her to feel it was just a half-hearted offer - she wanted to at least make sure she knew that it was said in all seriousness.

"How you can live with your parents is beyond me. I'd have moved out months ago, no offence. I can't stand bigoted people, for obvious reasons," she sighed, placing her glass down on the side table tiredly. "Though I guess moving in here isn't wise-- Flynn gets jealous, and him and I have been through a lot together, I guess. I don't wanna upset him."​

"I couldn't anyways...I mean I wouldn't want you friend to get jealous, cause then what's the point of me moving in if I'm just not liked" she sighed and sat down beside Bryony with a sigh and a smile. She didn't even know how she did it, lived with her parents. Ivy knew how crazy they were and even then she still loves them but it wasn't always easy living with someone you loved. "They weren't always this way you know...there was a time when they were actually happy and still let me go over friends houses and spend the night" she looked down pushing her curly hair behind her ear with a soft if sad smile.

"I live with them because I'm the only thing they have...I mean I still have my grandparents but their back in Italy....It's just when my brother died they became overprotective believing that what happened to him was going to happen to me...so they tried to avoid it happening by ruining my social life...but when it's happened for so long you get used to it, I really didn't want friends for the longest and believed that I could live alone if I wanted to..." She laughed bitterly and reached up wiping a small tear that had just made its way down her face. "I was used to being shut in and alone so I didn't really care anymore...ever since he died my parents have changed but I still have a slight hope that they'll get over it and let me live on my own...deep down I'm just not ready to leave them yet since they've lost one child already"

"Your brother died?" She blinked, her breath suddenly hitching at the sudden turn in conversation, particularly at the girl's sudden tears. She hadn't wanted to turn things into a whole depressive moment, this was suppose to be a few hours of fun and relaxation, not a chance to drone and grow upset, so seeing she had sort of led her friend down this path made her guiltily grimace, moving to comfort her as any friend would.

Not wanting to ask just how he died, she chose smartly to just dab her tears away with a calming coo. "Shh, I understand, okay?" She said softly, noticing the heavy metal music had stopped, but she was too preoccupied to care. "...Maybe they'll change, you gotta have faith in that, I suppose..."

"Oh stop I feel bad now...I hadn't meant to spill all the skeletons out the closet" she chuckled and wiped her face completely wishing that she hadn't gotten emotional in the first place. "I mean I have to keep some mystery right?" Replacing her tears with a smile she realized that the music had stopped and figured that was her roommate, honestly she hadn't really wanted to upset him so she stood up from the couch and placed her glass on the coffee table that sat in front of them.

"I think I'll take that shower now if you could show me to the bathroom..." Bryony said that her roommate could get jealous and she really hadn't wanted to make him mad in his own home so she might as well take the shower now just in case he came out of his room, and since the music had stopped she figured that he would.

"Who's the girl? A new fling?" A sudden deep voice of the male sounded, seemingly arriving just before Ivy could make her escape to the shower, and that arrival did instantly make Bryony grimace - this was the last thing she wanted, watching as Flynn crossed his arms over his chest with an unimpressed frown. "Honestly, if I ain't allowed to bring a guy over tonight, on pizza night, you shouldn't bring back girls to have sex with."

"We were hanging out, Flynn," Bryony laughed, smiling apologetically at Ivy before tugging her close. "Ivy, this is Flynn, my best -but very jealous- friend who is nice once he realises you're my friend too."

"...I'm not shaking her hand," Flynn grunted, refusing to acknowledge Ivy directly until finally sighing, peering down at her from his six foot plus height and with a continual scowl.

----------

✦ F l y n n ✦
beautiful-boy-tattoo-Favim.com-260855.jpg

He was tall, very very tall...well at least compared to her he looked like a giant. She stood at 5'3 at the most and he looked like he stood six foot plus. But she had to stand her ground even if he seemed scary. "I'm not asking you to...in fact I would much rather you acknowledge me as her friend instead of a fling because I'm not trying to get into her pants and I'm not letting her get in mine..." Why was this so scary, oh yeah because he was a huge scary looking guy. So standing up to him hadn't seemed the easiest, "Actually it's nice to meet you Flynn...I'm Ivory, her friend nothing more..." She hadn't reached her hand out but gave him a small smile instead that contrasted his scowl.

"But if you guys are hanging out tonight I could leave I don't want to upset anyone" she quickly lost her ability to stand up to anyone as she looked up at the guy that looked down at her and pushed her hair behind her ear.

"Oh, don't be so nervous, just tell him to fuck off." Bryony laughed easily, moving to wrap an affectionate arm around the other, even if hearing her openly admit that they wouldn't be doing anything of an overly romantic calibre that night did make her frown... for all of a few seconds.

Hell, at least Ivy was still here, knowing of how Bryony was - it was nice just to have a friend she could hang out with, and like she had always said, she did genuinely care for and like Ivy more than most girls. So being friends, while something hard to do when she was physically attracted to her, was a happy medium. Flipping Flynn off again playfully, she hummed as she led her friend to the bathroom. "Just take time in the shower, I'll talk to Flynn, get him to stop being such an intimidating jerk, hm?"​

Status
Not open for further replies.