Opposites Attract, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You're being unfair and you know it..." She whined and rolled her eyes crossing her arms over her chest. "What I'm only speaking the truth and you have to be careful...what happens if she's using you for what's between your legs" he whispered and yelled at her causing her to huff out in frustration. She knew that he was going to give her a speech, but she thought it was going. To come sometime tomorrow not thirty minutes after she told him. "She told me that she wouldn't do that...she cared Vincent so could you just be happy for me" he could tell that she was frustrated so he sighed and pulled her into another hug kissing her forehead softly. "Just be careful please...and do t do anything to hasty" he pulled away with a smile and she gave him her own smile before she opened the door and let him follow behind her.

"Everyone this is Vincent...Vincent that's Bryony and Flynn" she introduced him even though he knew who Bryony was completely, he just hadn't known who the mopey gut was who looked pissed that they were here. "Hey everyone" he said with a small smile even though deep down he was still pretty upset.
---------------------

~Vincent~
image.jpg

Bryony smiled politely, having no idea what they had talked about, but just for the fact this was her now girlfriend's best friend, was on best behaviour as she poured out a glass of wine for him with a wide grin. "Hey, come sit down~ Try and relax, yeah? Ivy's terrible at it~"

On the other hand, Flynn made no effort to even look around at him and was far from as welcoming as his friend was, instead staying with beer in hand and eyes glued to the ground. Well, until getting nudged hard by Bryony to stop being 'miserable', and finally grunted, turning around to mutter a sharp 'hello'... though then the unthinkable occurred. The moody boy, who'd been nothing but cruel, immediately broke into a wide grin and moved over in the couch. "Come sit down then-- Vincent, right? That's a cute name."​

He had given some what of a real smile to the girls offer then wondered if Ivy had been drinking with her too. But his thoughts were quickly flooded as he saw the mopey boy smile which gave him butterflies, one of the pros and cons of being a hopeless romantic he thought. Falling for every cute guy you see with a sparkling smile. Vincent looked over at Ivy and grinned whispering in her ear slightly, "You told me he played for the team not that he was drop dead gorgeous...next time don't leave out the important details" he quickly said then picked up the glass that Bryony had poured for him and sat next to Flynn with a small smile. "Oh you think so, I think Flynn sounds even better~" Vincent chuckled and looked up to Ivy with a wink as she made her way sitting next to Bryony with a small playful nudge.

"I'm not terrible at it...meanie I'm just not the best at it" she said poking Bryony's cheek with a smile and a playful roll of the eyes. This was perfect, Flynn was coming out of that barrier he had put up and now she probably, did have a girlfriend...a girlfriend she liked. If her parents saw her now she would be dead. But it wasn't like she planned on telling them anytime soon and she probably wasn't going home tonight so that was a problem for another day. "So what are we going to watch"

"It's just an ordinary name belonging to an ordinary guy," he murmured, biting on his bottom lip as he examined the other for a good few seconds, immediately deciding that this whole night had worked out in his favour. He may have disliked Ivy, but she had some cute friends, so that made him like her a little bit more. "You, on the other hand, you're pretty dashing. Do you go to our school? I'm sure I'd have seen a cutie like you around-- I'm so awful at flirting, sorry for this. Not all of us can be like Bryony--"

"--Hey! Rude," she responded with a roll of her eyes, moving her attention back to Ivy with glittering eyes. "Oh, you can flick through the channels, see what movies are on."​

"Oh trust me I'm fine with that, plus I like guys that can't flirt....their attempts are adorable...but yes I do attend school with you guys it's just Ivy and I aren't with the popular crowd" he chuckled and took a small sip from the glass as he looked over at Ivy still despising what had happened. He just knew the game that Bryony played so watching this unfold in front of him, he wasn't as happy or as supportive as he should have been. But he wouldn't be a friend if he was just so quick to like the player who was probably playing his best friend. But spending time with Flynn wouldn't be so horrible since he had that aura about him. His aura made him even cuter.

But Ivy on the other hand found it adorable. Flynn might not have liked her but he could see that he was surely liking Vincent so that could give her some brownie points at least. She turned back to Bryony and grabbed the remote turning in the TV so that she could start flipping through the channels. Nothing huge was on except horror movies and dumb romantic comedies so she tried to lean more to the horror aspect trying to find a good scary movie. As she was focused in on the Tv Bincent heard a knock at the door and turned his attention feeling a bit curious, "There isn't someone else joining the party is there?"

Flynn had quietly downed his drink bashfully at the fact he was sat beside a clearly handsome guy until hearing the door, peering at Bryony who refused to move from her cuddled position besides Ivy, and at seeing her reluctance, rolled his eyes in clear annoyance with her forgetting what was pretty big news.

His ex boyfriend just happened to be one of the guys that delivered pizza, and once opening the door to see it was him, Flynn angrily grabbed the boxes, mood deteriorating fast, particularly at how Bryony had cared more for cuddling with who he thought was her latest fling that helping out her best friend - that wasn't loyalty whatsoever.​

She completely saw how angry Flynn was and so could Vincent apparently because he quickly finished his wine and stood up to see exactly what was wrong. "Hey you alright...you look upset" he asked reaching to grab the pizza boxes from him. Ivy sat up to see if she could see what was wrong to moving Bryony off her a bit. Vincent completely took the box away from him seeing that he looked like he was about to throw the boxes in anger then placed them on the coffee table.

Ivy felt as if she had known exactly what was wrong, whatever it was she knew it had to do something with the delivery boy since she felt his aura change right when he had gotten the pizza. Vincent turned back to see her knowing exactly what she was thinking and went back up to him with a small smile. "Aw no I thought I was going to hear some more cute flirts...are you to upset now.."

"I was never a cute flirt," the other boy sighed, sitting on the couch and hurriedly pouring himself a large glass of wine, only really able to relax the second the equally angry pizza guy left the apartment after receiving money and a pretty reasonable tip, and when he had, Flynn shot his best friend an angry glare. Instead of her coming to comfort him, it was a practical stranger.

Though, he was at least glad it was someone he did find incredibly attractive.

"She's a bitch, that's all," he grunted, ignoring Bryony's sudden snap in confusion.

"What? Like hell I am!"

"You know I hate that guy, a-and you let me answer the door, and... ugh..."​

That's when they both felt everything going wrong. Hell Vincent or Ivy would have answered the door of she had known that it was this serious. But Vincent put his hand on Flynn's shoulder she he felt him getting worked up once more and Ivy wanted to say something but he had already hated her so that wasn't probably going to go any better if she opened her mouth. "Why don't we all take a breather...Flynn I'm sorry I would have answered the door" she said softly looking over apologizing to him afraid of what he would have said to her.

But Vincent kept his hand on the others shoulder rubbing his thumb back and forth across his shoulder trying to calm him down. He had always known exactly what to do since he was one of those people and Ivy was always the person to apologize so hey tended to make a good combination.

"Why don't we all just calm down okay...maybe Ivy and I should just go" Vincent had said still keeping his hand on the others shoulder to make sure that nothing went to far out of hand.

"Don't... apologise, it's not your fault." Flynn surprisingly murmured to Ivy, actually attempting a smile to her, but obviously, most his gratitude was shown towards Vincent mostly, smiling brighter at him despite hie evident anger. "No, stay, we still have pizza to eat-- it's just that guy, he's an asshole, and... yeah. I'm just pissed at Bryony for not remembering that. You and Ivy are, like, best friends, and have your backs, and Bryony... just sorta let me down," he whispered, keeping his voice low as he took a glance at his friend who was already tucking into the food and babbling to Ivy like nothing had happened.​

Ivy had been pretty surprised even though the smile wasn't as big as the one he gave Vincent it was still something that she could work with. Just the mere thought of him actually warming up to her just a bit made her a little happy. She turned her attention back to Bryony seeing as to how Vincent was keeping Flynn happy. She bit her lower lip and grabbed a piece of pizza and turned the TV to Scream the first movie that was made. Vincent just kept his attention on Flynn and smiled, "She's just distracted...give her a day or two best friends always fight and then make up before you know it...hell Ivy and I do the same thing, just try and have fun the. Talk about it when we're out of your hairs" he said and rustled up his hair with a small chuckle.

"For someone I just met, you're pretty awesome," he yawned, trying to act casual and cool about the fact he was blushing from the hair ruffling - it was something he had been subjected to before, and always succeeded in making him blush brightly like what he assume was a fool.

"You gotta hang around with me at school. I'm not that popular. Bryony is; I'm just her lapdog," he grinned playfully, at least not angry and malicious with her anymore.

"I think that sounds amazing...Ivy and I could add some more friends to the group" he chuckled and looked over at Ivy with a giddy look as she looked back over at him with a small smile turning her attention back to the TV as she leaned her head on Bryony's shoulder continuing to watch the movie that was in as she took another bite of her pizza.

Vincent had grabbed his own slice and looked over at Flynn again as he held it up as if trying to make a toast. "Here's to great new...friendships" he pushed out taking a bite of the pizza he had just gotten as he moved a bit closer to him with a smile. This was turning out to be a pretty great night, other than the fact that he was probably still going to argue with his best friend after they had took their leave because he still felt like this decision was stupid.

"...Yeah," Flynn smiled quietly, mostly because he was on the verge of just blushing -again-, but managed to oppose it as he nudged the other boy's shoulder playfully and took a bite from his own pizza, at least thankful that things seemed to have become a little more relaxed now... though then he glanced to Ivy with a sigh. "How long will you be dating Bryony?"​

Ivy looked at him confused about his question, how long would she date Bryony. Was there a time limit for them to be together. Laughing nervously she sat up and pushed some hair behind her ear then turned her attention over to Vincent, seeing him roll his eyes at the question Flynn had asked she sighed and looked over at Flynn. "I don't know what you mean is there some sort of time period for me to date her?" She asked still trying to figure out what he had meant.

"He means because most girls are around for a week at the most-- but you're different, I thought I made that clear," she grunted, wrapping an arm affectionately around her waist with a reassured grin, even if she'd seen Vincent rolling his eyes and decided that she really didn't like him. It was clear he didn't like her, so what was the problem in making that feeling mutual? "You trust me; I trust you. I like you a lot, Ivy, so it'll be fine~"​

Reactions: XWhySoSeriousX
Well that had been a bit of news that she wasn't ready for. She only dated people for a week at most, Ivy was okay with the type of person she was but a week. She still smiled at her words then looked over at Flynn as if asking was thos true with her eyes. Vincent had seen her look and gave her a reassuring smile. Cause even though she hated her choices with this relationship, Ivy had still been his best friend and he cared about her more than anything.
"Yeah..." She said with a bit of nervousness but still kept her smal smile though deep down she was worrying a bit.

"You don't trust me," she suddenly whispered, her eyes narrowing just a tad towards her supposed best friend, and shot him a clear glare, only to soften once peering at her girlfriend in clear dismay. "I thought you didn't listen to what people said, that my reputation didn't mean you'd freak out... seriously? I... hmph, believe what you want then."​

Of course she believed her, but hearing that small little factor was still worrisome. Who wouldn't freak out if they figured out the person they were with only stayed in a relationship for maximum a week. Ivy sighed and turned back to see the clock and stood up figuring that this night was over, or more like she wanted it to be over. "Hey Vincent it's late...if you want to come back here that's all you but could you drop me off at your place?" He looked up at her and nodded sensing her slight distress as she stood up from his seat next to Flynn with a smile as he peered down at him. "It was nice meeting you and hopefully I'll see you at school..." He turned back to Ivy who was quietly standing at the door and turned to the door opening it for her to walk through then shut it behind the both of them with a sigh.

"Feel like you screwed up now..ha, she'll probably only want you for a week before she finds a new toy..." Vincent said then looked down seeing that she had small tears dotting her eyes and he felt bad. Wrapping his arm around her he rubbed her shoulder and shook his head. "I mean it shrimp...be careful dealing with her..." He said softly and she looked up at him nodding her head. "I like her...and I won't let a rumor decide how I feel, but that can't be true...I don't want it to be true" Ivy said softly to herself as they walked to his car and he got in cranking it up. "Look let's not think about that right now...I got your favorite ice cream at home.."

And the fact that Ivy just left like that immediately caused Bryony to emotionally frown in response. Clearly, she didn't trust her, and while she had valid reason, Bryony knew that if the situations were reversed, she would give Ivy the benefit of the doubt, trust her enough that she could change for this relationship.

But apparently, Ivy really didn't hold the same optimism or faith, and considering Bryony had really been willing to change, it was a low blow to just be set back so soon in the trust department. Had her words meant nothing? Of course, she didn't know what Ivy ha said once she left, that she didn't want to trust the rumours, so Bryony was simply left stewing in anger and disbelief.​

Status
Not open for further replies.