Opposites Attract, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"O-okay" she gave Bryony one last smile and shut the door before she turned and faced the bathroom with a sigh as she undressed herself and turned the water on. Ivy hoped that she hadn't got Flynn too mad at her cause that was the last thing that she had intended on doing. But she was quite curious as to why he was so, protective over her...maybe they were closer than she thought they were.

And she wasn't going to admit her thoughts to anyone but being thought of as a fling wasn't the greatest thing. In fact her feelings were mixed, she knew the type of person that Bryony was but were there so many people that her roommate instantly thought she was a fling. Standing in the shower as she thought to herself Ivy but her lower lip and tried to piece together why her feelings were so hurt. Sighing she washed herself off and used some of the shampoo that she had seen to wash her hair. Once she was out Ivy had wrapped a towel around her body and out her ear to the door to listen in on exactly what was happening out in the living room.

And unaware she was listening in, outside in the living room, the conversation wasn't going entirely well, with tempers flaring and anger simmering between the best friends, even if Bryony was attempting to keep that to a minimum in just wanting to create a relaxed atmosphere for her friend.

Though how could that be when Flynn was this upset, and she really didn't understand why he would be. Wasn't she allowed other friends beside him?

"Just leave her alone, okay?" Bryony drawled as she rested back on the couch with a beer now in hand, eyeing Flynn who sat opposite with a beer in his. "She's sweet. I fancy her, yeah, but it's purely a friendship and--"

"Friendship? She's a hot girl, as if it'll remain 'friendship'." Flynn snapped in reply, angrily swearing under his breath. "Why do you need more friends? You have me..."

She couldn't listen to anymore as she realized that she had no clothes to wear and needed some. Mumbling under her breath she walked out of the bathroom wrapped in her towel with her wet hair bunched into a messy bun.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything but I need to borrow some clothes since mine are dirty and smell like the ocean" Ivy looked at Flynn and remembered his words before looking back over at Bryony with a small gulp.

The room was so tense that even the aura had changed from when she left. And of course all of this was her fault. These two friends were angry at each other because she stepped in the picture.

"If I could borrow an outfit to walk home in then I'll give it back to you tomorrow washed and everything" she had ruined enough so as of this moment she hadn't even wanted to stay. Because she ft as if she stayed hell would break loose.

"Oh, don't be so darn dramatic, honey," she cooed, climbing to her feet and purposely glaring at Flynn - the fact that Ivy had felt so awkward to the point of wanting to leave did mean that Bryony was pretty pissed at him, and she was hardly going to let up and forgive him when he was acting like an asshole.

"My stuff might be big on you, you're so slim and in shape and... yeah," she grinned closing her bedroom door just to block out Flynn, rustling through her wardrobe quietly. "I'm sorry about him, hon."​

"Honestly it's okay...I came and disturbed the balance anyways" she said chuckling nervously using her free hand that wasn't holding the towel up to rub the small opening of her neck. Who wouldn't have felt bad in her situation but what he had said. "I can't help but feel that this is my fault...Bryony I can leave you two alone I mean I messed enough up already" she bit her lower lip and moved some strands of wet hair out of her face.

"Oh stop I'm not in shape..." She chuckled which turned into a small bubbling laughter. "I beg to differ...my mom just refuses to keep junk food in the house so I have to sneak out with Vincent just to eat ice cream...so I can't really eat anything over 400 calories in my house"

"You're not going anywhere-- and by the way, it's like you live in Hell with your parents. Regardless of what happened with your... brother... ahem... they shouldn't treat you like they do. This comes from an outsider looking into the situation, hm?" She sighed, pulling out a simple t-shirt and some shorts for the other to borrow - though she was quite happy for her to keep them, really.

"It's pizza night, so we're ordering pizza, drinking beers and you're going to stay here and just enjoy yourself. Flynn will calm down, it'll be alright-- do you wanna invite that Vincent guy? If he'll help you just calm the hell down and have fun, hm?"​

She was right but Ivy hadn't wanted to talk about her homelike so as soon as she asked about Vincent a smile came across her face. "Oh could I! Are you sure that Flynn wouldn't mind" Ivy turned away from Bryony and pulled her towel over her waist then out the shirt on. She hadn't felt self conscious cause it was only her back that was being shown and she hadn't seen any mirrors so she was good. "But I'm pretty sure Vincent's going to have a crush on your friend"

Chuckling to herself she left the towel around her waist then slipped the shorts on under the towel. "Well if it won't make Flynn upset then I would love to invite Vincent over...he tends to keep me calm and laughing" Ivy had gotten rid of the towel and was wearing the clothes that Bryony had given her. "Well how does it look, do I look good in your stuff?" She asked jokingly and did a twirl with a smile.

If she was honest, it was a little demoralising to hear that this Vincent guy could keep her laughing - couldn't Bryony do that for her? She thought she was doing a pretty good job in making things fun for her, but evidently not enough - but if this Vincent guy would help her relax, then so be it.

At the other dressing into the clothes, her grin did grow, and any sour feelings disappeared almost immediately. Frankly, it was hard just to remind herself that they were to remain on a platonic level with her when she looked this... attractive. "You, ah... you look adorable, like, they suit you better than they did me, so yeah, keep them~ Anyway, call Vincent, it'll be fine-- as long as Flynn doesn't get even more mad."​

"I don't want him to be upset...I don't think I'm really wanted here Bryony...it's funny how I could put my foot down one minute and then just take it the next..." She chuckled and sighed looking up at Bryony. Remembering the conversation that her and Flynn has she stepped closer to the girl and bit her lower lip. "What did you mean by fancy me...I'm not some shiny new toy to you am I?" Ivy said looking up at her with a sadden looked.

She didn't just want to be a toy...not because she was romantically interested in her. Well she was, maybe just a little bit, but no way was she actually going to admit that. "You know it's not nice...telling me all these things if you're just going to use me down the line...if I were to actually like you what would you do?" She pushed somemore loose strands of hair behind her ear.

"Excuse me?" She blinked, slightly taken aback by her vulnerable statement, and while she would normally hurry to pull her into a hug, felt that wouldn't look genuine and not true, so held back, though did manage a frown to herself in evident annoyance. "I... didn't think you'd doubt me to be honest."

She sighed heavily, rubbing her temples before finally grabbing her hands tightly in her own. "Hey, Ivy, you know I care for you, a lot, and if you wanted to date, I'd stay faithful. I wouldn't just mess you around, so... don't listen to or pay attention to my reputation, because I'm more than just... a slut, ha..."​

"You aren't a slut...I just don't want to be another girl on your list..." Ivy sighed and squeezed her hands back. She didn't even know how they got to the conversation cause
She didn't even know why she needed to know so bad, would she even want them to be anything more than what they are. "I'm sorry...you know I don't care about the rumors...I just needed to hear it from you"

Reaching up she pulled her hands away from Bryonys and wrapped them around her waist as she wrapped her arms around her neck. She stood on the tip of her toes and pulled her face closer just stopping right before their lips touched. "I fancy you too.."

The other girl, to put it lightly, was again somewhat overcome by the show of affection, particularly the admission. So she fancied her too? If she was honest, Bryony hadn't expected anything along those lines whatsoever.

She had been under the impression that nothing like this would happen, at least not for a few weeks, but their sudden pressed proximity did make her smile. Not out of smugness, but out of genuine delight, understood by her sudden leaning forward to press their lips together, but only for a few short seconds - she didn't want her changing her mind if she seemed too desperate.

"You're not another name, silly. I'd love to date you, and have you be my girlfriend, you know?" She cooed, petting a stray piece of hair down for her with a hum. "Even if it comes with its challenges with your parents and that."​

"I actually wouldn't mind being your girlfriend either..." She chuckled and pulled away biting her lower lip with a slight smile. She didn't want to just end up like a fling so sex was definitely out of the option. But just being with her was wasn't a set up for a fling so she was ready. She could actually get something that she wanted, finally for the first time she actually wanted something.

Ivy looked up and smiled feeling happy again, and it felt good since she hadn't been happy in a while. "Wait Bryony...is the infamous player who gets everyone that she wants asking little ol' me to be her girlfriend...I am flattered" she said jokingly as she put her hand over her chest.

"But really...are you asking me...cause I don't think that your friend would be happy...in fact I think he doesn't like me, not that I care....but I do" she admitted a bit ashamed that she had even cared so much. But she liked the girl he was living with so how could she be the bad person for wanting to be liked by him.

"Look, Flynn... he doesn't trust people often, and he's never seen me with friends. Only people i slept with for a day and that was that. He probably knows I like you and is a little jealous, just relax," she quietly sighed, moving to peck her on the lips again - it was feeling natural to do so now, rather than to just flirt with her.

Maybe a relationship, a faithful one, would be easy when it was with Ivy? She could but hope, at least.

"Now call that Vincent guy, and I'll call for some pizza, and we'll just enjoy ourselves, hm?" She grinned, moving to pull her own hair into a high ponytail to keep it away from her face.​

It still wasn't clear to her what they we're but the small kisses had just felt natrual to her. She just felt excited and beautiful around Bryony, which was a new and different feeling for her. She chuckled and leaned up and placed her lips on Bryony's for just a bit longer before she pulled away and smiled softly. "I can't wait" she said with a small chuckle as she ran back to the bathroom and grabbed her phone so that she could call Vincent.

Her phone had rang a few times before she heard a deep and crisp voice answer the phone. "Hi my little baby shrimp...what you up to" she bit her lip before she started to giggle slightly. "I kissed a girl..." That was t what she was supposed to tell him but that statement had fallen out before the invite had.

He asked what she had meant and she explained the whole story of what happened. He was a bit skeptical knowing of Bryony's reputation but eventually gave into her happiness. "So I need you to come over."
"And be a third wheel hell no I decline"
"No there's a really cute guy here and from what I'm hearing I think he plays for the other team" and with that statement he had asked for the address and she texted it to him with a smile. Oh he was definitely in his way now.

"...I don't think Flynn's gonna like that," Bryony murmured, having headed after her only in time to hear the last thing said on the phone, frowning a little to herself in fear that Flynn wouldn't only just upset her new official girlfriend -a statement she found herself blushing at- but also upsetting her best friend.

Sure, Flynn was gay, but that didn't mean he would fancy Vincent. Notoriously, unlike Bryony, Flynn was a rather hard person to crack, and had only had two previous boyfriends. He didn't flirt often, didn't sleep around, so Bryony realised that it was perhaps a long shot to think he'd get on in the way with Vincent. But they could be friends? She hoped at least - she didn't want animosity. She wanted fun.​

Ivy smiled hanging up then walked out of the bathroom seeing Bryony. Of course she knew that Flynn probably wasn't the most social person towards other people. But that was the only encouragement she had to get him over here, because even though he wasn't one to sleep around. Vincent himself was a hopeless romantic something she never understood.

"He's coming over...but Bryony...I really don't want to upset your friend..I know I've said that a lot but I just want to get along and he doesn't seem to do that..." It wasn't cause of her nice personality it was mainly because she really liked Bryony and she wanted them to at least be able to put up with each other. With out the glares and scowls that he seemed to give out, a lot, mainly to her.

"Because he isn't social, he isn't really all that complimentary and he's jealous. It's that simple," she murmured easily, not having any problem in saying that because Flynn himself would be the first one to admit that too. Taking her hand with a tired smile, slightly fed up of her worrying so much because she really had no reason to when Bryony would defend her wholeheartedly, she moved to tug her back to the living room with a hum. "I ordered pizza, so it'll be fine, just relax, please?"​

"Okay Okay I'll relax..." She smiled softly with a tired sigh. She knew that she was being annoying but worrying about other people's feelings before her own had always been a thing with her. That's probably why so many people wanted to be her friend, because she would listen to their issues and they wouldn't have to care about her own. Ivy walked back into the living room to see Flynn sitting there as she took a seat of her own. It was an awkward silence for her until she heard a knock at the door that caused a huge smile to spread across her face. She jumped up from the couch and went to open seeing a huge smiling Vincent. "Hey there baby shrimp" she rolled her eyes and gave him a huge hug.

"Thanks for inviting me to the party but can I talk to you out here for a second..." She looked back and turned giving him a small nod as she closed the door behind her.

Trying to prevent her curiosity coming to the surface at that, she was a little annoyed by all the secrecy going on - she wanted a good time, and the fact everything just seemed to revolve around secret whisperings and murmurs was desperately starting to irritate her... though she had to remember that the two were best friends, and so if this Vincent guy had something on his mind, it was obvious he didn't want to voice it in front of Bryony and Flynn - two practical strangers to him.

Sitting silently as she topped her wine glass up, she did move to sit beside Flynn and attempt to coerce him into smiling, lest the effort when he refused to do so - the last thing he wanted was more people arriving and ruining his night.​

Status
Not open for further replies.